That Impeachment Thing....

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » That impeachment thing....
That impeachment thing....
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17 ... 60 61 62
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-12-12 12:43:59
Link | Citer | R

In page 94 news, Zelenksky's top aide has completely refuted Sondland's testimony.

Quote:
"Gordon and I were never alone together," Yermak told Time.

"We bumped into each other in the hallway next to the escalator, as I was walking out," he continued, adding that several members of the American and Ukrainian delegations, bodyguards and hotel staff were nearby. "And I remember - everything is fine with my memory - we talked about how well the meeting went. That's all we talked about."
So, with Sondland's testimony debunked, here's the current impeachment scorecard:

Witnesses who allege wrongdoing by the President:
Lawyers who donate to Democrats and trash the President on social media
3rd parties who heard a thing from someone who heard a thing from news sites that heard a thing.

Witnesses who deny wrongdoing by the President
Ukrainians who were actually there
[+]
By fonewear 2019-12-12 12:49:21
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
In page 94 news, Zelenksky's top aide has completely refuted Sondland's testimony.

Quote:
"Gordon and I were never alone together," Yermak told Time.

"We bumped into each other in the hallway next to the escalator, as I was walking out," he continued, adding that several members of the American and Ukrainian delegations, bodyguards and hotel staff were nearby. "And I remember - everything is fine with my memory - we talked about how well the meeting went. That's all we talked about."
So, with Sondland's testimony debunked, here's the current impeachment scorecard:

Witnesses who allege wrongdoing by the President:
Lawyers who donate to Democrats and trash the President on social media
3rd parties who heard a thing from someone who heard a thing from news sites that heard a thing.

Witnesses who deny wrongdoing by the President
Ukrainians who were actually there

Bumping into someone from Ukraine isn't that collusion ?

Or collision I forget probably both !
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ozment
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: ozment
By Ragnarok.Ozment 2019-12-12 13:03:23
Link | Citer | R

Sondland gave his testimony under oath. Yermak ave his testimony under...a Time interview. Obviously both were present during their conversation with one another, so why believe a non-US citizen over a US citizen? Clearly because it supports a personal belief.

A Time interview would clearly not be admissible in any US court proceedings, or inquiries.
By Viciouss 2019-12-12 14:17:42
Link | Citer | R

If Yermak, who has been a central figure in Giulianis criminal Enterprise, wants to come over and testify, we will certainly listen to him. But if he just wants to give safe interviews to magazines days after Giulani visits Kiev, nobody is interested.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-12-12 14:23:59
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Ozment said: »
Sondland gave his testimony under oath. Yermak ave his testimony under...a Time interview. Obviously both were present during their conversation with one another, so why believe a non-US citizen over a US citizen? Clearly because it supports a personal belief.

A Time interview would clearly not be admissible in any US court proceedings, or inquiries.

Except Sondland never definitively said it happened either. He used a lot of phrases like "I believe" and "I assumed" when under cross-examination, which is an anti-perjury strategy. I don't have to take the Ukrainian's word for it exclusively. It's just one more nail in the coffin of Sondland's testimony.
[+]
By Viciouss 2019-12-12 14:46:10
Link | Citer | R

Not even a thumb-tack.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-12-12 14:57:20
Link | Citer | R

Viciouss said: »
Not even a thumb-tack.

Okay Boomer.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2019-12-12 17:21:24
Link | Citer | R

Except Sondland never definitively said it happened either. He used a lot of phrases like "I believe" and "I assumed" when under cross-examination, which is an anti-perjury strategy. I don't have to take the Ukrainian's word for it exclusively. It's just one more nail in the coffin of Sondland's testimony.

Yeah Sodlands testimony has largely been debunked or rather, since he wasn't definitive, was rendered inaccurate or misremembered.

I've seen this on many threads in many places, anytime you see the words "possibly, maybe, could, should, might be, potentially" and so forth, take that thing with a salt mines worth of salt. Those words have no real meaning.

Take this statement,

Quote:
Ozment might possibly be a foreighn operative assigned to social media to effect the 2020 Presidential election.

This is a true statement regardless of Ozment's actual occupation or relationship to any foreign nation. It's true because he/she/it possesses the possibility to be that thing, and that statement merely says the possibility exists. Many statements are like that, statements of possibility that we erroneously take as fact.
[+]
By Viciouss 2019-12-12 17:54:55
Link | Citer | R

Not even a thumb-tack.

Okay Boomer.

Ok nausi. All the facts I don't like that has come out of the Ukraine has had Giulianis fingerprints on it. That's why it's gone approximately nowhere. Remember, this guy wrote Zelensky's statement he was supposed to give on CNN. If he can tell the President of Ukraine what to say, he can tell anyone. He just went over there, and a couple of days later one of his closest guys gives a magazine interview saying exactly what he was told to say. Debunks nothing.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-12-12 17:57:37
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Saevel said: »

Yeah Sodlands testimony has largely been debunked or rather, since he wasn't definitive, was rendered inaccurate or misremembered.

I've seen this on many threads in many places, anytime you see the words "possibly, maybe, could, should, might be, potentially" and so forth, take that thing with a salt mines worth of salt. Those words have no real meaning.

Take this statement,

Quote:
Ozment might possibly be a foreighn operative assigned to social media to effect the 2020 Presidential election.

This is a true statement regardless of Ozment's actual occupation or relationship to any foreign nation. It's true because he/she/it possesses the possibility to be that thing, and that statement merely says the possibility exists. Many statements are like that, statements of possibility that we erroneously take as fact.

Well, the seriousness of the charge warrants a full investigation. Ozment hasn't even taken the steps to provide exculpatory documents to combat your assertion. That sounds like the actions of a guilty person. For now I'm forced to believe that he is indeed a foreign operative, and the fact that he won't admit it is further proof of his guilt.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-12-12 18:00:14
Link | Citer | R

Not even a thumb-tack.

Okay Boomer.

Ok nausi. All the facts I don't like that has come out of the Ukraine has had Giulianis fingerprints on it. That's why it's gone approximately nowhere. Remember, this guy wrote Zelensky's statement he was supposed to give on CNN. If he can tell the President of Ukraine what to say, he can tell anyone. He just went over there, and a couple of days later one of his closest guys gives a magazine interview saying exactly what he was told to say. Debunks nothing.

This coming from the guy who always complains about conspiracy theories.
[+]
By Viciouss 2019-12-12 18:01:36
Link | Citer | R

By who? Nobody that has testified.
By Viciouss 2019-12-12 18:02:39
Link | Citer | R

Not even a thumb-tack.

Okay Boomer.

This coming from the guy who always complains about conspiracy theories.

*always debunks them, easily. There is a reason Giulani is under criminal investigation and not his targets.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-12-12 18:09:58
Link | Citer | R

By who? Nobody that has testified.

By himself. The dude couldn't give a definitive answer for anything that mattered and he contradicted some of his opening statements in cross-examination. Even some of your side's talking heads said just as much. If Sondland had the goods, he'd be hailed as a hero to this day. Instead, he's almost never mentioned.
[+]
By fonewear 2019-12-12 19:14:02
Link | Citer | R

Not even a thumb-tack.

Okay Boomer.

CNN ! Well that settles it. Say no more.

CNN worldwide leaders in hating Trump I mean news !
[+]

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2019-12-13 09:09:03
Link | Citer | R

DirectX said: »
We don't have anyone this stupid get anywhere near positions of power in the UK. How is it possible to be this stupid?
Did you forget about the house of Lords?
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2019-12-13 20:08:29
Link | Citer | R

Articles filed.

GOP defense, "Is abuse of powers even a crime?"
 Ragnarok.Ozment
By Ragnarok.Ozment 2019-12-13 20:44:24
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Articles filed.

It isn't when it is Trump, he can do no wrong. Remember, he was sent by God.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2019-12-13 21:55:16
Link | Citer | R

#MoscowMitchMcConnell Trends After Senator Vows 'Total Coordination' With White House on Trump Impeachment Trial
Newsweek
 Asura.Sirris
Serveur: Asura
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2019-12-14 00:37:39
Link | Citer | R

Articles filed.

Sometimes God Sends A Salty Sailor
 Ragnarok.Ozment
By Ragnarok.Ozment 2019-12-14 11:50:05
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sirris said: »
Articles filed.

Sometimes God Sends A Salty Sailor

And sometimes he sends a pestilence.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2019-12-14 15:09:27
Link | Citer | R

We don't have anyone this stupid get anywhere near positions of power in the UK. How is it possible to be this stupid?
Did you forget about the house of Lords?
I don't know who specifically you're referring to in the house of lords but that whole concept is stupid. I don't think we've ever had anyone think something as stupid as islands can sink if too many people live on it.
I was more thinking of the institution as a whole.

I also think that the dweb who you posted is not the dumbest most misinformed person elected in either of our countries. I have a low opinion of both politicians and voters.

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Viciouss 2019-12-14 18:00:10
Link | Citer | R

He literally thinks islands can flip over in the sea. How is this possible past the mental age of a 5 year old? I cannot fathom this!

Flat Earth is more believable.

We get stuff like that all the time from Trump. His story about wind turbines is always a classic.
 Odin.Slore
Serveur: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2019-12-14 18:07:42
Link | Citer | R

Yeah cause no dem has ever said anything idiotic...You're so one sided it's sad.

Quote:
During a House Armed Services Committee hearing on March 25, 2010 concerning the U.S. military installation on the island of Guam, Johnson said to Admiral Robert F. Willard, Commander of U.S. Pacific Command, "My fear is that the whole island will become so overly populated that it will tip over and capsize", to which ...
[+]
 Odin.Slore
Serveur: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2019-12-14 18:09:48
Link | Citer | R

Sorry did not quote it all.

Quote:
Hank Johnson Worries Guam Could "Capsize" After Marine Buildup

CBS News

Rep. Hank Johnson (D-Ga.) is raising some eyebrows with a comment he made about the U.S. territory of Guam during a House Armed Services Committee hearing last Thursday.

In a discussion regarding a planned military buildup on the Pacific island, Johnson expressed some concerns about the plans to Adm. Robert Willard, head of the U.S. Pacific fleet.

"My fear is that the whole island will become so overly populated that it will tip over and capsize," Johnson said. Willard paused and replied, "We don't anticipate that."
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17 ... 60 61 62