That Impeachment Thing....

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » That impeachment thing....
That impeachment thing....
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 60 61 62
By fonewear 2019-12-05 11:02:50
Link | Citer | R

So now this is "abuse of power" that will be hard to prove in the Senate. When every single President ever has "allegedly" abused power.

First it was quid pro quo...then bribery...now abuse of power. They've changed the goal 3 times to get to Trump.
[+]
By Viciouss 2019-12-05 11:09:27
Link | Citer | R

fonewear said: »
So now this is "abuse of power" that will be hard to prove in the Senate. When every single President ever has "allegedly" abused power.

First it was quid pro quo...then bribery...now abuse of power. They've changed the goal 3 times to get to Trump.

The charge has always been abuse of power. Quid pro quo is an unofficial term used to describe the crime.
By fonewear 2019-12-05 11:10:32
Link | Citer | R

The only crime here is people acting like they know more than they do.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-12-05 11:19:51
Link | Citer | R

Viciouss said: »
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Pelosi just announced they are going forward with the impeachment articles, as expected. Its not like the evidence just disappeared the way the GOP is pretending it did. Censure was never on the table.

Man, Pelosi must have zero confidence in the Democrat candidates to be pulling the trigger on a gamble like this.

Game on.

Yeah, the two have nothing to do with each other.

?

What planet do you live on? None of this is happening in a vacuum. Do you really think that Pelosi isn't considering the implications of the 2020 election when making calls like this? Impeachment is a political process.
[+]
By Viciouss 2019-12-05 11:49:33
Link | Citer | R

She isn't proceeding on impeachment based oh her opinion of the 2020 field. She is going forward because the evidence dictates it. She shut down a reporters dumb question today, she is on top of all her moves.
 Asura.Saevel
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2019-12-05 11:51:44
Link | Citer | R

Yeah they've been moving the goal posts the whole time. Each time they come up with something, it gets shut down and they need to find something else. The only news here is that Peloski didn't opt for the Censor option and instead is handing the whole thing to a Republican controlled senate. The Senate is going to make it a trial on how corrupt Schiff, Nadler and Peloski are.

2020 just got a whole lot harder for the Democrats.
[+]

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-12-05 12:00:52
Link | Citer | R

She isn't proceeding on impeachment based oh her opinion of the 2020 field. She is going forward because the evidence dictates it. She shut down a reporters dumb question today, she is on top of all her moves.

"The evidence dictates it."

Yeah, we'll see how well that "evidence" holds up if the Senate deems hearsay as inadmissable. In the meantime, back off the Kool-Aid for a bit. Even Pelosi doesn't believe her own tripe to the extent that you do. She's a politician, not a prosecutor. Get that in your head.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-12-05 12:09:25
Link | Citer | R

kireek said: »
Some Democrats are going to go against this in the house, if they don't they will be voted out and lose their jobs. It won't take many to vote it down.

If they do pass it in the house, the Senate will drag it out as long as possible before voting it down to invigorate Trumps voters for the election.

I'm expecting the Senate to do much worse then that, the Democrats controlled the whole kangaroo proceedings in the house and were able to use it to shelter people, that's not possible in the Senate. Senators can call Eric Camellia, he who shall not be named, to the stand to testify under oath. They can also call Schiff and his aids to that same stand to answer uncomfortable questions. Questions like did Schiff have contact with Eric prior to the documents being drafted, who drafted the documents, did Schiff or one of his aids direct Eric on who to contact (the lawyer) and so forth. Then they can start calling the Bidens and those Ukrainian folks involved and really start digging into stuff the Democrats don't want aired publicly. Then so on and so forth along the entire backdoor dealings that got this to where it is now. Democrats will protest but California and New York only have two Senators each, the same as every other state, unlike in the House where they have a large chunk of the membership.

Biden's 2020 election campaign is done should this happen, his name is going to be torpedoed so hard he won't be electable in the middle ground swing states. Warren was their best hope after Biden, but she's lost a huge amount of credibility lately. With enough PR and doctoring by the Media Industrial Complex they could probably make her sellable in some places, but it's not gonna be enough to swing those middle states.

That's why I spoke about Tulsi in the other thread, she actually has enough credibility and realism that she would be electable in swing states, hell I'd probably vote for her. Yang is the other one, though I don't really like him but I get how some people would.
By Viciouss 2019-12-05 12:32:36
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, we'll see how well that "evidence" holds up if the Senate deems hearsay as inadmissable. In the meantime, back off the Kool-Aid for a bit. Even Pelosi doesn't believe her own tripe to the extent that you do. She's a politician, not a prosecutor. Get that in your head.

You guys have been constantly misrepresenting, and in Saevels case, outright lying, about how you THINK the Senate trial is going to go. Bottom line: Nobody knows anything, so stop pretending you do.

Mitch McConnell was asked directly today what the rules are going to be, and he literally said there is no answer right now. He has no idea. So when you guys claim all these witnesses are going to be called and it's going to be "devastating" for just the Democrats, and things you don't like are going to be rules "inadmissible," you are completely delusional.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-12-05 12:43:23
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Asura.Saevel said: »
That's why I spoke about Tulsi in the other thread, she actually has enough credibility and realism that she would be electable in swing states, hell I'd probably vote for her.

Side note which is very likely to be unrelated to your intention to vote for her, but she's the only democratic candidate being boosted by Russian media / bots.

Not going as far as calling her a Russian asset like Clinton did, but maybe you should be cautious about her.

Everyone ... case in point.

That is why you don't take progressives seriously.
[+]
By fonewear 2019-12-05 12:57:39
Link | Citer | R

You guys have been constantly misrepresenting, and in Saevels case, outright lying, about how you THINK the Senate trial is going to go. Bottom line: Nobody knows anything, so stop pretending you do.

Mitch McConnell was asked directly today what the rules are going to be, and he literally said there is no answer right now. He has no idea. So when you guys claim all these witnesses are going to be called and it's going to be "devastating" for just the Democrats, and things you don't like are going to be rules "inadmissible," you are completely delusional.

Yea I'm sure Senate Republicans want to lose their seat in the Senate and vote against Trump. That is a smart move. Hell maybe all Republicans will vote against Trump !
[+]
By fonewear 2019-12-05 12:58:57
Link | Citer | R

That's why I spoke about Tulsi in the other thread, she actually has enough credibility and realism that she would be electable in swing states, hell I'd probably vote for her.

Side note which is very likely to be unrelated to your intention to vote for her, but she's the only democratic candidate being boosted by Russian media / bots.

Not going as far as calling her a Russian asset like Clinton did, but maybe you should be cautious about her.

What if I told you that I'm a Russian asset and you can do nothing to stop me !
[+]
By fonewear 2019-12-05 13:01:00
Link | Citer | R

Did you just assume my gender ? How dare you !
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By fonewear 2019-12-05 13:02:09
Link | Citer | R

She can't even string together coherent sentences...if you call that on top of her moves...you may have low standards.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-12-05 13:26:33
Link | Citer | R

Everyone ... case in point.

That is why you don't take progressives seriously.

Feel free to correct me if I've said anything wrong.

What if I told you that I'm a Russian asset and you can do nothing to stop me !

That'd make two of us, want some vodka?

You just advised on an American 2020 Presidential candidate based on foreign governments doing what they do best. You did this while yourself being a citizen of a foreign government.

Does the irony of that statement not strike you particularly hard, or do you honestly believe your status as foreign citizen of one government makes you different from foreign citizens of other governments?

Why do you think I'm constantly telling you to stop interfering in the US 2020 elections? By your own definition that is exactly what you are doing, attempting to change the votes of American citizens towards a political party you prefer while not being a citizen of the USA. Plus what does it matter what foreign citizens think or are doing in respect to the candidates?

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-12-05 14:19:55
Link | Citer | R

Bottom line: Nobody knows anything, so stop pretending you do.

What are the odds that you will take your own advice?
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-12-05 14:53:51
Link | Citer | R

I am not the canadian government and I do not speak on the behalf of canada, I am also not a bot controlled by the canadian government to influence your elections.

Can you prove that? For all we know your a Canadian social media operative sent to interfere with the US Election to get a Democrat candidate elected. If you can't prove your not a Canadian government agent then we must, by your own past reasoning, assume you are a Canadian government agent.

I mean you did just imply that one of the US Democrat Candidate is a Russian operative.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-12-05 15:58:32
Link | Citer | R

I can't and/or won't bother trying to.

So you can't prove to us that your not working for a foreighn government trying to subvert the 2020 US election or encourage popular opinion to impeach the current President?

Ok we can safely assume that you are indeed a government agent so please kindly stop interfering in our election.

I said she's being boosted positively on the web by Russian medias and bots, a simple warning for you to be aware you could be influenced by these.

That makes zero sense... especially considering what I posted in the other thread.

Then again since by your own admission you are a foreign government operative I should take everything you say as an attempt to subvert the US election system.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2019-12-05 18:49:54
Link | Citer | R

Can you prove that?
I can't and/or won't bother trying to.

I mean you did just imply that one of the US Democrat Candidate is a Russian operative.
I did not do that, I even explicitly specified this wasn't the message I was trying to convey. I said she's being boosted positively on the web by Russian medias and bots, a simple warning for you to be aware you could be influenced by these.

If she's the candidate for you, by all means vote for her.
Trump even likes her, he gave her a shout out recently.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2019-12-05 18:54:31
Link | Citer | R

kireek said: »
Some Democrats are going to go against this in the house, if they don't they will be voted out and lose their jobs. It won't take many to vote it down.

If they do pass it in the house, the Senate will drag it out as long as possible before voting it down to invigorate Trumps voters for the election.
I'm expecting the Senate to do much worse then that, the Democrats controlled the whole kangaroo proceedings in the house and were able to use it to shelter people, that's not possible in the Senate. Senators can call Eric Camellia, he who shall not be named, to the stand to testify under oath. They can also call Schiff and his aids to that same stand to answer uncomfortable questions. Questions like did Schiff have contact with Eric prior to the documents being drafted, who drafted the documents, did Schiff or one of his aids direct Eric on who to contact (the lawyer) and so forth. Then they can start calling the Bidens and those Ukrainian folks involved and really start digging into stuff the Democrats don't want aired publicly. Then so on and so forth along the entire backdoor dealings that got this to where it is now. Democrats will protest but California and New York only have two Senators each, the same as every other state, unlike in the House where they have a large chunk of the membership.

Biden's 2020 election campaign is done should this happen, his name is going to be torpedoed so hard he won't be electable in the middle ground swing states. Warren was their best hope after Biden, but she's lost a huge amount of credibility lately. With enough PR and doctoring by the Media Industrial Complex they could probably make her sellable in some places, but it's not gonna be enough to swing those middle states.

That's why I spoke about Tulsi in the other thread, she actually has enough credibility and realism that she would be electable in swing states, hell I'd probably vote for her. Yang is the other one, though I don't really like him but I get how some people would.
You and I occasionally agree. This is one of those occasions.

I expect the senate GOP to try to make this a trial about Biden.

As to the latter 1/3 of your post...

Dem dems 2020 thread is over there >>==>>

I would happily talk about Tulsi and Yang there.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2019-12-05 18:55:23
Link | Citer | R

Also....

Over nine pages!!!

And a majority even on topic!!
By fonewear 2019-12-06 09:56:36
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Also....

Over nine pages!!!

And a majority even on topic!!

Nine pages and I still don't understand impeachment...thanks FFXIAH !
[+]
 Sylph.Excalin
Serveur: Sylph
user: Excalin
By Sylph.Excalin 2019-12-06 15:32:15
Link | Citer | R

People are already calling to impeach him again after the 2020 elections...lol

But seriously...how great of a reality TV show would it be if we just threw all of them into jail and taped it...I bet someone would get shanked weekly.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-12-06 15:34:17
Link | Citer | R

And Schiff was spying on Republican Congressmen it turns out. That is going to explode soon.
[+]
By Viciouss 2019-12-06 16:11:03
Link | Citer | R

Nah.
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 60 61 62