Bismarck.Ringoko
Serveur: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: appleboy
By Bismarck.Ringoko 2020-05-03 23:04:31
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Ayami said: »
Draylo said: »
You're essentially bypassing a mechanic of the fight that was intended by the devs as part of its difficulty. It isn't the same as just using windower. Not to get into that debate but just pointing that difference out.
so what if we bypass that mechanic of the fight. like 99% of us are doing the exact same thing. Unless you're a masochist then I can totally understand.

Hyperbole much?

Exploit/blatant cheating aside, this could probably be replicated by using sufficient knock back gear and sacrificing a minor amount of DPS.

As an aside, what's wrong with a little pain? It's quite titillating.
[+]
By gistofanything 2020-05-03 23:26:43
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Ringoko said: »

Logging into XI is already painful enough.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By Draylo 2020-05-04 00:41:40
Link | Citer | R

The ease of access to all these addons and cheats/automation has led the rise to the 5+ boxing and craziness that spawns mercing and less grouping etc. What came out the box can't be put back in! I wonder if the people who created all that stuff would see at this point in the games life the monster it created. I find it funny sometimes going to XIV stuff and seeing how anti-cheats they are like this game once was years ago.
By missdivine 2020-05-04 00:52:34
Link | Citer | R

The ease of access to all these addons and cheats/automation has led the rise to the 5+ boxing and craziness that spawns mercing and less grouping etc. What came out the box can't be put back in! I wonder if the people who created all that stuff would see at this point in the games life the monster it created. I find it funny sometimes going to XIV stuff and seeing how anti-cheats they are like this game once was years ago.
You are being a hypocrite because a few threads ago you literally were praising the use of these "addons and cheats/automation" because I was saying that LUA coding ruined this game and now you post the contrary, fk off.
By Draylo 2020-05-04 00:55:29
Link | Citer | R

What! No such thing, dont b toxic

Post deleted by User.
By Felgarr 2020-05-04 04:23:45
Link | Citer | R

SE always lags behind in meeting the needs of their players. (Think of all of the features that were in third party tools that took SE years to add into their platform, including the original "windowed mode").

Combine that with SE's draconian rules: After 4 years of Omen, why must I still exchange cards at a 10:1 ratio? You're tell folks to multi-box to get the cards they need on a specific job. (And before you try to refute my opinion, ask your nearest Bard how many Omen cards they have). :/
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-05-04 14:49:10
Link | Citer | R

Thwre is no problem in using food, though

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Senaki
Serveur: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2020-05-04 16:47:54
Link | Citer | R

YouTube Video Placeholder

Here is a video to show that this strat can be done without "Anchor" for those of you who like to torture yourself :) Keep in mind that it is 100 times harder for me to do this with multibox so should be np for you 1 boxer ^.^

It's sad that so people find it impressive to win content without using third part add-ons. I wonder how many people would fail Omen if they used 0 add-ons.

Either way, good job on the win. :)
By gistofanything 2020-05-05 21:29:51
Link | Citer | R

Hmmm, so my group killed all 3 adds and made it to phase 2, but we seem to be having trouble keeping down the light gyve spawns. Should we be swapping to them as they pop? I think phase 2 lilith still has regain like phase 1 lilith does, and I'm not sure at what point this happened, but Absorb-TP stopped working (No effect).

We tried running

MNK/WAR
BRD/DRK
GEO/DRK
COR/NIN
WHM/SCH
PLD/BLU
 Odin.Llewelyn
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2020-05-05 21:42:42
Link | Citer | R

Personally I just ignore them. With solo MNK she dies before a 3rd Gyve spawns.
 Odin.Senaki
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2020-05-05 22:05:14
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Llewelyn said: »

What difficulty do you do / with which REMA?
By Korgull 2020-05-05 22:06:06
Link | Citer | R

I did about 30ish VDs with the SAM zerg setup, and you have to ignore them and just kill the second phase as fast as you can. She should die around the time the second or even the first gyve spawns (SAM zerg is a bit faster than MNK).
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2020-05-05 22:07:43
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Senaki said: »

VD with Godhands. MNK, BRD, WHM. SV if I'm by myself. No SV if I get a COR to join up with me.
 Asura.Botosi
Serveur: Asura
user: Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2020-05-06 01:00:05
Link | Citer | R

VD with Godhands. MNK, BRD, WHM. SV if I'm by myself. No SV if I get a COR to join up with me.

Think MNK/BRD/GEO would work with a whm trust?? Or is a good healer necessary?? Also, what songs do you do?
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2020-05-06 01:48:16
Link | Citer | R

I don't have any of the good WHM trusts, so I don't know how they would perform. If I had to guess, a WHM is necessary to keep both you and Sylvie alive. Maybe Attunement would let you reduce damage enough for a Trust to be acceptable, but no idea. I've always just used a real WHM and I don't bring a player GEO to see how much Attunement would affect damage taken either. All an attempt costs is 10 merit points, so can't hurt to try.
With SV, I do Honor, Madrigal, Dark Carol, Minuetx2.
Without SV, I do Marchx2, Madrigalx2.
[+]
 Asura.Aller
Serveur: Asura
user: AsAller
By Asura.Aller 2020-05-06 06:40:07
Link | Citer | R

What does your WS sequences look like for the 1st and 2nd forms? Do you ignore the adds, or are you just talking about ignoring the gyves in form 2?
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2020-05-06 06:55:43
Link | Citer | R

For first phase I just Shijin > Smite > Smite, then I'll stick to Smite spam for the rest of first phase. I'm sure there's better SCs to make use of, but I'm focusing on curing and Absorb-TP spamming during the fight as well, so I don't want to think about long SCs. If it's just me, I'm also spamming Absorb-TP on my MNK, so the cast delay and absence of SAM roll prevents me from multi-stepping anyway.
For second phase I just pop Footwork and spam Tornado Kick.

I'm only talking about second phase in regards to ignoring Gyves. For first phase I spam Absorb-TP on all of my MNK/BRD/WHM and, if present, COR and thus never see Gyves pop unless both she gets a bit too Impact/Kaustra happy and I get too trigger happy.
 Fenrir.Aladeus
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Aladeus
By Fenrir.Aladeus 2020-05-06 23:09:39
Link | Citer | R

sadly, i've been having more luck on VE than D or VD...

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Cpu
By Cpu 2020-05-12 21:44:54
Link | Citer | R

More Lilith video for you! yes I'm bored :). Let the knock back saga continue!
Not a valid kill since you were still using battlemod.

Thanks for posting the vids though, I've been copying your strategy for VD and it's pretty foolproof. The knockback in this fight doesn't really make it harder, it just makes it really *** annoying.
By Shichishito 2020-05-15 08:31:13
Link | Citer | R

it does make it harder because it forces you to reposition constantly which opens oportunities for charm to land and it interrupts casting.

speaking of knockback, has anyone tried to stack "reduces distance knocked back" equipment? i only know of vocane ring/+1 a couple of capes (repulse mantle for example) and dashing subligar.
i read a comment about devs confirming it stacks but i'm not convinced.

is there a cap or can you reduce the knockback to 0 by stacking those pieces?
By SimonSes 2020-05-15 09:02:32
Link | Citer | R

Shichishito said: »
speaking of knockback, has anyone tried to stack "reduces distance knocked back" equipment? i only know of vocane ring/+1 a couple of capes (repulse mantle for example) and dashing subligar.

My LS mate used that in day one on his RUN to 3box VD with SCH helixes. He had enough for RUN to not get knocked back at all.
 Cpu
By Cpu 2020-05-15 09:06:17
Link | Citer | R

Shichishito said: »
it does make it harder because it forces you to reposition constantly which opens oportunities for charm to land and it interrupts casting.

is there a cap or can you reduce the knockback to 0 by stacking those pieces?
It doesn’t change the difficulty for the strat that was posted in the video (that we were discussing) because dark Lilith never gets a TP move off if you have a monk and four people all using absorb tp.
 Cerberus.Hideka
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Hideka 2020-05-15 09:51:24
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Ringoko said: »
You're essentially bypassing a mechanic of the fight that was intended by the devs as part of its difficulty. It isn't the same as just using windower. Not to get into that debate but just pointing that difference out.
so what if we bypass that mechanic of the fight. like 99% of us are doing the exact same thing. Unless you're a masochist then I can totally understand.

Hyperbole much?

Exploit/blatant cheating aside, this could probably be replicated by using sufficient knock back gear and sacrificing a minor amount of DPS.

unless im mistaken knockback down gear doesnt stack. iirc i stacked +6 and got knocked back the same as +2
First Page 2 3 ... 37 38 39 ... 47 48 49