Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Spynx
Serveur: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: auron86
By Shiva.Spynx 2019-10-28 20:30:17
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Minimuse said: »
Got the entire set in roughly 50 runs minus the sword a few days ago. I kept dropping the sword to keep an extra slot open.

In the 80 runs I've done solo or duo with th4 (cor/thf) on easy:
4x Sword
4x Staff
4x Club
3x Earring
2x Hat
2x Legs
2x Feet
1x Hands
1x Body

I'm still helping friends. I have no clue if dropping the sword helps. I have no use for the sword on the jobs that can use it. What has helped getting that last piece to drop was partnering with friends who still needed several pieces. I called dibs on the feet.

What the actual ***, it took me longer than that to even see my first drop with TH4. I know random is random but you should have invested in a lottery ticket with that luck.

Also I doubt dropping an item has any effect whatsoever on the drop rate since the game first randoms for the slot to be open and then randoms again for which item will appear.
 Leviathan.Aldaron
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Aldy
By Leviathan.Aldaron 2019-10-28 21:27:28
Link | Citer | R

Is there a consensus on doing TH4 easy versus TH8+ VE?
By tyalangan 2019-10-28 21:39:18
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Aldaron said: »
Is there a consensus on doing TH4 easy versus TH8+ VE?

I haven’t done TH4 on E but a few pages back I posted my data for 50 runs of each VE and E with TH8 and it’s VE: 15% droprate, E: 30% droprate for any item.

I am over 100 of each difficulty now and it still holds true at 15%/30% so the 50 drop guy is definitely an outlier post I would say. Unless there is some weird gimmick with COR or THF sub glitch/bug for this and only this instance which I doubt but can’t knock until tested, I guess.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
By Felgarr 2019-10-29 03:59:45
Link | Citer | R

In 52 runs with TH8-12, I got 4/5 on 2 characters (both still need feet, amazingly).

I think random is random unfortunately.

However tonight, Lilith had a very short queue (0-3 in line), the zone/arena itself was super laggy with abilities and their damage results appearing out of order. She was completely erratic with respect to destroying my party of 6 in the last 3 runs. (While I didn't lose however, an E run would take ~4-5 minutes, they were still taking more than double that time, due to her shenanigans). I chalk all of this up to ....just bad luck for tonight. I'll take a break for a day or two and try again tomorrow.

Setup was RUN/BRD/COR/THF/GEO/WHM, I would use the THF to DD and get TH as high possible usually killing her in a few minutes before ~9-10 would proc. If for whatever reason the THF would die, I'd have the COR take her down spamming Last Stand to secure the win.

The breakdown was:

3 Additional effect: Treasure Hunter effectiveness against Lady Lilith increases to 12.
7 Additional effect: Treasure Hunter effectiveness against Lady Lilith increases to 11.
34 Additional effect: Treasure Hunter effectiveness against Lady Lilith increases to 10.
65 Additional effect: Treasure Hunter effectiveness against Lady Lilith increases to 9.

2 TH12 procs resulted in the body dropping and 1 resulting in trash (plutons/boulders/materials/etc, trash).

I want to say that TH8+ does matter...but it's probably a minuscule or marginal increase in drop rates.
 Leviathan.Katriina
user: kate99
By Leviathan.Katriina 2019-10-29 04:01:16
Link | Citer | R

A rather snoozy strategy to get all the drops:

Spamming (E) as SCH/THF with trusts [Sakura, Moogle, Star Sibyl,King of Hearts and Brygid]
Took about a 100 run to get all 9/9.[she dies before Helix wears 3-4 min after buffs]

Buffs:
Light Arts> [Accession + Perpetuance + Regen V]
Protect V, Shell V, Stoneskin, Blink, Aquaveil, [Perpetuance + Fire Storm II], [Enlightenment+Reraise III]

Dark Arts> Addendum: Black > Klimaform

Steps:

-Stand at max distance and pull her with "Aspir II"
-Engage near the Gyve closer to the center of the room and then turn.
-Wait on KoH to give Phalanx and Haste II then start your Fusion SC followed by "Pyrohelix II" [With a good set you should be able to cap DMG 8-10k AVG]
-You must keep Blink up all the time to negate Impact, its not an issue at all since you're depending on Helix to do most of the work for you.
-Dispel should be prioritized, especially after her absorb move or Dark Thorn.
-Keep her debuffed with various spells to avoid losing Helix on her, if you lose it, re-apply~
-Petaline Tempest can be tricky but KoH spams erase the moment you get hit by it, all you need to do is "Aspir II" and "Drain" and you're good to go, also keep applying Stoneskin and go zzz.
-Should focus more on keeping KoH alive, his primary objective is to spam erase on you or on himself.
-If you get bored, you can MB off her with Fire V.

Few notes I had while doing that [I'm not sure if it was reported before]

• Day of the Week affects her parameters and AI, she was more aggressive with "Impact" and "Dark Thorn" during Earth's Day - could barely keep "Blink" up to negate Impact-

• She also seems to get -25% DT from Helix during Earth Day even with Fire Strom II.

• She prefers to absorb Shell V, Temper, Fire Storm II, and Phalanx from you or KoH so make sure to dispel her.

• King of Hearts is an excellent Tank, especially after "Subjugating Slash", his ability to gain hate back is impressive.

• Drop rate seems to be 9% with TH3 [Didn't bother to wear the belt]

[+]
 Bahamut.Minimuse
Serveur: Bahamut
user: grumpette
By Bahamut.Minimuse 2019-10-29 07:45:50
Link | Citer | R

I'm going to try this easy again with COR friends as THF/cor in full Malignance and just pew pewing Empy. Arrow on Ullr+Berylium Arrows to see if it helps my duo partners with improving drop rates.

Why /cor? Mostly to at least help buffer the trusts with Magus.

Again, if you are on Bahamut and still need Lilith drops, hit me up. Prefer to help CORs because they can help buff the trusts. I am open to help other jobs. Why? I love indigo purple and enjoy helping people. The world needs more kindness and purple.
 Fenrir.Melphina
Serveur: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2019-10-29 08:05:10
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
  • I want to say that TH8+ does matter...but it's probably a minuscule or marginal increase in drop rates.

• I'm going to try this easy again with COR friends as THF/cor in full Malignance and just pew pewing Empy. Arrow on Ullr+Berylium Arrows to see if it helps my duo partners with improving drop rates.

Treasure Hunter just makes the drop slot load more often. Malignance armor still has an apparent 10-15% load rate from that point on. But if the drop slot never loads you get nothing, so it's still beneficial to have it.
 Bismarck.Rwolf
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Rwolf
By Bismarck.Rwolf 2019-10-29 11:57:23
Link | Citer | R

When I started near the beginning. I got most of the drops within the first 100 runs as PUP/RDM with TH4 gear. First 7. Got Sword & Staff. Second 7 runs got Club, Legs, Earring. Then Feet, Body and Head over the next 80 runs.

I lost count of exact, but know I'm over 350 based on amount of chapters and merits spent. I have yet to see hands drop. I mostly now duo with THF mains and let them lot everything else.

Some people in the same situation as me but never seen head or other items I see all the time. Just sucky probabilities, Defending Ring all over again.
 Fenrir.Jinxs
user: Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2019-10-29 12:03:02
Link | Citer | R

While we are on the subject of TH...
Whats the general consensus of TH4 without /THF vs TH4 with /THF
 Bismarck.Firedemon
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2019-10-29 12:04:49
Link | Citer | R

TH4 is TH4
[+]
 Bismarck.Zuidar
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2019-10-29 12:17:58
Link | Citer | R

You're capped at TH4 Non-THF no matter what. It's better to have some form of TH. The means to having TH from gear is possible 1-2 in Reisenjima armor in the Dark Matter augments pool, 1 from white rarab cap +1, 1 from Chaac belt, and I guess 1 from one of the Adoulin mission rings but imo not worth it over other rings you might have good use for. Chaac belt would be the fastest to get TH+1 with from Marjami Delve boss. White rarab cap +1 if that comes around from login point campaign. I'm sure November we'll have free Dark Matter
Augments campaign for that.

If you have TH4 from gear, then /thf is not needed.
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2019-10-29 12:24:41
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
TH4 is TH4

If you have TH4 from gear, then /thf is not needed.

This. It doesn't matter where the Treasure hunter comes from. The only thing subbing thief does for you is give you native treasure hunter 2. Non-thief job combos can still reach treasure hunter 4 with items, and it's particularly easy if you have several pieces from the volte jupon set. Here's a list of all the stuff you can wear to boost your treasure hunter levels. Thief main's cap out at TH 8, whereas everything else caps out at TH 4.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Treasure_Hunter
 Fenrir.Jinxs
user: Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2019-10-29 13:02:55
Link | Citer | R

All you need to do is preform an action with TH4 on correct? Do misses count? Provoke?
 Cerberus.Drayco
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Drayco
By Cerberus.Drayco 2019-10-29 13:06:17
Link | Citer | R

Anything that generates hate from my understanding.
 Asura.Sechs
Serveur: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-10-29 13:29:11
Link | Citer | R

It has to be a direct action on the target though. For instance casting haste on a player in the hate list of a certain target will put your into the same target's hate list, but will not apply th
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2019-10-29 15:08:04
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
All you need to do is preform an action with TH4 on correct? Do misses count? Provoke?

Misses count. Provoke also counts. Like sechs said, it must be a direct action on the target. So curing someone who hit the thing won't work. Treasure hunter acts kind of like a debuff of sorts. It's applied as soon as you perform a hostile action on the target, and it lasts until either the mob dies or its hate table is reset and it regenerates to 100% HP and goes unclaimed.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Firedemon
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2019-10-29 18:17:41
Link | Citer | R

Hit something on Ranger with TH4 then proc Bounty Shot.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-10-29 18:18:43
Link | Citer | R

Both of them upgrade to TH3 with bounty shot, that's a pretty strong indication they are the same debuff.

A practical test would need an obscene amount of data to be even remotely worthwhile, that's likely the best you will get.
By Chimerawizard 2019-10-29 19:55:18
Link | Citer | R

do AoE's work on additional targets? or is the main target of the action the only one inflicted with TH?
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-29 19:57:00
Link | Citer | R

It works on AOE, popular tactic is thf/mage and ga to apply TH to everything pulled
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2019-10-29 19:59:50
Link | Citer | R

Omen cleaving as THF says TH is applied when AOEing.
By Chimerawizard 2019-10-29 20:06:34
Link | Citer | R

damn, thf can't wear daybreak. can't just ballad one up and casually tag everything without a mage sub. (without waking them)

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2019-10-30 00:52:34
Link | Citer | R

DirectX said: »
TH2 resulted in 50% extra drops.
Where does this come from?
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-30 01:05:48
Link | Citer | R

Not that you should rely on DB for "accurate data" but it recorded quite a few kills while it still worked.

You can see the impact TH levels have there. Think of the most killed mob from around 2013-2015 and see the numbers.

A "not terrible" example

One byne bill 1035394 out of 459486
TH 0 153.3%
TH 1 139.3% (the TH 1 numbers are always going to be 'flawed')
TH 2 194.8%
TH3+ 251.2%
First Page 2 3 ... 22 23 24 ... 47 48 49