Link | Citer | R

Ahhh gotcha
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Serveur: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2019-10-17 15:21:29
Link | Citer | R

Subjugating Slash or whatever it’s called still goes through Yaeg for some reason.
 Valefor.Yandaime
Serveur: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2019-10-17 15:25:33
Link | Citer | R

I’ll give it a shot just for shiggles. If I can make VD? Great, otherwise whatever difficulty I can land consistently, I’ll take.

First sexy armor set released in a long time so me want(to suffer)
 Bismarck.Sterk
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Sterk 2019-10-17 17:08:21
Link | Citer | R

malakef said: »
SAM essentially can’t die to first form while it’s SP is up unless you forget or don’t plan for spikes.
Personally I just take advantage of the ability to WS while disengaged with Gearswap so I don't feed first form any TP aside from WSs leading her to never get a TP move off unless she builds it from Occult Acumen. It also makes Spikes a non-issue since you aren't meleeing her anyway.
By Korgull 2019-10-17 17:20:19
Link | Citer | R

Very difficulty with 3 trusts? HOLY!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2019-10-17 20:01:16
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Sterk said: »
malakef said: »
SAM essentially can’t die to first form while it’s SP is up unless you forget or don’t plan for spikes.
Personally I just take advantage of the ability to WS while disengaged with Gearswap so I don't feed first form any TP aside from WSs leading her to never get a TP move off unless she builds it from Occult Acumen. It also makes Spikes a non-issue since you aren't meleeing her anyway.

Wait, you can do that? How exactly?

Edit: Nvm, apparently very very easily with a simple /ws <t> lol
By eeternal 2019-10-21 19:27:16
Link | Citer | R

the lag in this instance is just awful and unplayable.. do we need another dynamis lag too?
[+]
By Korgull 2019-10-22 01:08:57
Link | Citer | R

There is a video around of a JP run with the RUN/DRK spamming absorb tp. Seemed better than mewing.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Sechs
Serveur: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-10-22 01:33:30
Link | Citer | R

Lilith is strange, she is dark based and gets healed by a lot of dark stuff, yet some Dark debuffs land even with zero enfeebling skill.

I'm not sure what the deal is with her honestly :x But yeah Absorbs (most of them?) land just fine, likewise Frazzle and several other dark thingies.

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Maurauc
user: Maurauc
By Valefor.Maurauc 2019-10-22 04:54:00
Link | Citer | R

Absorb-TP works wonderfully on VD. We have a BLU/DRK rotating Absorb-TP and Reaving Wind first form, and our RUN/DRK spamming it between hate abilities, and never get a gyve.

Should point out I've never seen it land on second form though.
By Artsncrafts 2019-10-22 06:21:18
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Yandaime said: »
So a VD shout just happened to pop up on Asura looking for a THF and I was denied...

So this just happened... this individual refused to take me if I didn't have Absorb-TP. Clearly I don't have it because I simply never got around to leveling DRK on this account but it got me to wondering.

Absorb-TP should be near impossible to land on Lilith's 1st form right? If this guy wanted it for 2nd form for some strange reason, so be it but it's my understanding that only the 1st form is truly dangerous because of those damn TP moves.

But then I get to thinking.. Lilith Flatly resists Dark Effects and Absorbs DRK damage but she absorbs DRK Damage with Zero Magic Evasion, which is why when soloing one must be careful not to Darkness by accident or it'll very well Benediction her. So what if Absorb-TP falls in that range where she wont resist it (At all) and it still affects her? Is this a thing? Or is this person high?

lol i love this photo because it so accurately reflects the PUG party forming experience. C L A S S I C
By Pantafernando 2019-10-22 06:22:28
Link | Citer | R

I love those jp strats.

Wish i could read it
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-10-22 06:27:04
Link | Citer | R

Thus is quite a misrepresentation tbh.
Vifa is a good player, although you couldn't take the time to be nice and understand that he is not an English player.
He is JP so there is a thing called language barrier.

This doesn't reflect pug at all, just a person who is trying to get a setup who struggles to communicate effectively.

Just don't have this image up cos it's quite disrespectful to a very nice person.
[+]
By Artsncrafts 2019-10-22 06:45:44
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Shiraj said: »
Vifa is a good player, although you couldn't take the time to be nice and understand that he is not an English player.

This doesn't reflect pug at all, just a person who is trying to get a setup who struggles to communicate effectively.

Just don't have this image up cos it's quite disrespectful to a very nice person.

Its funny because Vifa is OG elite, and then you have an ignorant thf trying to tell him how to play. When the guy trying to join is oblivious to his obliviousness. When the guy trying to join tells YOU how the battle works. Uber annoying

im not clowning on Vifa, im sympathizing!!!
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-10-22 06:56:40
Link | Citer | R

Lilith absorbs all dark magic, and is 100% immune to certain enfeebles and attacks. But she apparently has a total of zero dark magic evasion/affinity, or something extremely low. I have gone /drk and /rdm for absorb line of spells and dispel (funny, you can fully debuff her like impact by spamming through these, they never resist on E/VD naked). There's good reason to believe that on VD she won't resist it either, at least not with a good macc (malignance :D) set. I will point out also that Absorb-TP only took 250~ every time, so it might be a capped effect when subbed. With haste buffs, you can spam it back to back I'm sure.

This actually makes a lot of sense in any strategy involving THF, since usually he's tagging TH and sitting back/helping out on fetters. Might as well throw out a few absorbs to keep her tp feed low. Might even make a /drk support job useful for tanks, as you can fire off absorbs in between attack rounds and basically keep her from ever spawning more junk.
[+]
 Valefor.Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2019-10-22 07:18:48
Link | Citer | R

Artsncrafts said: »

Its funny because Vifa is OG elite, and then you have an ignorant thf trying to tell him how to play. When the guy trying to join is oblivious to his obliviousness. When the guy trying to join tells YOU how the battle works. Uber annoying

Yeah, I have no idea who any persons anywhere are and I truthfully have never failed to outperform any JP I've ever met so when I see a strat proposition that makes no logical sense, I will question it. We all deal with PUGs and we also deal with PUG leaders who have no idea what they're doing. Clearly I know better NOW but then? Telling me to use a Dark spell on a Subjob with no native Dark Skill on a Dark-Charged NM known for flat immunity and absorbing Dark attacks with exception to Dispel? Yeah that seemed fishy to me.

He and I did not bicker back and forth, he said what he wanted, I tried to caution him that it didn't seem to make sense and he stuck to his guns and that was that.

The side-bar commentary isn't necessary.
I didn't know so I brought it here to the Forum for clarification and took the picture down.
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2019-10-22 07:42:45
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, I have no idea who any persons anywhere are and I truthfully have never failed to outperform any JP I've ever met so when I see a strat proposition that makes no logical sense, I will question it. We all deal with PUGs and we also deal with PUG leaders who have no idea what they're doing. Clearly I know better NOW but then? Telling me to use a Dark spell on a Subjob with no native Dark Skill on a Dark-Charged NM known for flat immunity and absorbing Dark attacks with exception to Dispel? Yeah that seemed fishy to me.

He and I did not bicker back and forth, he said what he wanted, I tried to caution him that it didn't seem to make sense and he stuck to his guns and that was that.

I didn't know so I brought it here to the Forum for clarification and took the picture down.
I was actually in that party with Vifa. He was playing RUN+GEO, I was playing SCH BLM COR, and we wanted a THF/DRK (third player). We did about 20 VD runs that day. THF being /DRK and RUN being /DRK were extremely important to the strategy. It(Absorb-TP) lands with full potency on the first form giving you plenty of time to kill without any TP moves or pops.

The other mention comments about him are true, he is Japanese he works hard to use auto-translate, and definitely knows what he is doing
By Pantafernando 2019-10-22 07:46:23
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Toralin said: »

I was actually in that party with Vifa. He was playing RUN+GEO, I was playing SCH BLM COR, and we wanted a THF/DRK (third player). We did about 20 VD runs that day. THF being /DRK and RUN being /DRK were extremely important to the strategy. It(Absorb-TP) lands with full potency on the first form giving you plenty of time to kill without any TP moves or pops.

The other mention comments about him are true, he is Japanese he works hard to use auto-translate, and definitely knows what he is doing

And how was the gear drop rate of those VD runs?
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2019-10-22 07:58:27
Link | Citer | R

Pantafernando said: »

And how was the gear drop rate of those VD runs?
Terrible, 2-3 swords, 2-3 poles, 1 head, 1 leg, 1 earring(but we were capped after that 1)
[+]
 Valefor.Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2019-10-22 08:17:30
Link | Citer | R

Yup, I get that. I simply didn't know it was a thing until then, that's all. I know better now and will have DRK sub up shortly.
By Pantafernando 2019-10-22 08:17:39
Link | Citer | R

So eyeballing, with th the gear drop rate is 50%?

Thats straight killing lilith?

Thanks
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-10-22 08:29:40
Link | Citer | R

It's not anywhere near 50% on VD. If we're going by Voidwatch drop rate terms, my experience:

Sword/Pole: Common Drop (35%+)
Earring: Uncommon (15-35%)
Malignance Armo: Rare/Very Rare (7~15%, possibly lower)
Daybreak: Very Rare (1/50 or worse)

Have done at least 50 or more of D/VD, both killing spitewardens and not killing them (SAM method or fetter kill), and I have only seen a Daybreak once twice. I have seen about 4 pieces of Malignance attire, but a lot of swords and pole.

Doing the runs solo on VE/E, I have experienced similar results, with sword/pole being the most common, and never seeing a Daybreak (no I didn't have one yet at the time of farming about a hundred).

The kicker is that without opening additional slots with Fetter/Spitewarded strat, you almost always pigeonhole yourself into getting a sword/pole or nothing at all, since it will never have more than 1 slot otherwise. They set the sword and pole at such a common drop rate, that anyone spamming VD on these without doing the longer method is going to frustrate themselves in the long run, especially with multiple lotters.
[+]
By SimonSes 2019-10-22 08:57:49
Link | Citer | R

This is why I recently asked whats the point of doing D-VD without spitwardes..
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2019-10-22 09:46:51
Link | Citer | R

VD without was obtainable with 2-3 players and mules. I think drop rate is better with killing spirit wardens(D, than VD without), but the clears go from 5 minutes to 20 minutes. The drop rate is horrendous even on VD I agree
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-10-22 09:54:41
Link | Citer | R

VD without was obtainable with 2-3 players and mules. I think drop rate is better with killing spirit wardens(D, than VD without), but the clears go from 5 minutes to 20 minutes. The drop rate is horrendous even on VD I agree

Pretty much this. If you have little to no line, and are multiboxing clears or lowman), it's less stressful and just more efficient to burn through a 2 minute kill for a potential drop, reset SPs, and repeat on high difficulty setting. With less real players, there's less competition, so you keep more of what drops. If you're in a standard party of 6 with everyone lotting different items (or on top of each other at this point in the content), then doing D/VD strat and killing Spitewardens IS the sensible thing to do, especially if the wait is unreasonable. That extra 15 minutes to clear is a better drop average over time. It doesn't make sense to spam a quick kill for one very possible common drop, when you have a 20 minute wait afterwards.

Just different scenarios for different play groups is all.
 Bahamut.Minimuse
Serveur: Bahamut
user: grumpette
By Bahamut.Minimuse 2019-10-22 10:47:05
Link | Citer | R

My drop rate on easy COR/thf solo & duo has been fairly productive. I'm only missing the feet. Since I only need feet, I've been helping other CORs get Lilith gear.

Duo on easy in 20 runs netted this weekend:
2x Daybreak
2x Swords
2x Poles
2x Legs
1x Body
1x Hat
1x Earring

We are definitely feeding it lots of TP with triple shots. Having fun playing Lilith ping-pong bouncing hate and backing tanking.

Suggest duo with friends who still need multiple pieces if you need that one reluctant piece to drop. Might as well keep slots open. Friendship is awesome. Hence, if you are on Bahamut and at least have a master COR, hit me up, friend!
First Page 2 3 ... 20 21 22 ... 47 48 49