Phoenix.Logical
Serveur: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
By Phoenix.Logical 2019-09-10 11:48:50
Link | Citer | R

umii said: »
Sylph.Funkworkz said: »
Asura.Sechs said: »
Just noticed that Malignance Pole is the only weapon in game, atm, that is not a RMEA and breaks the 250 skill cap?
Previously that cap was 242 but it got broken by Ambuscade cape (250).
Now a further step forward, 255?
Wonder if it's a typo because the other 2 Lilith weapons have a "regular" 242 skill.

The Japanese version also says 255. Could still be a typo, but unlikely.

D286 隔412 HP+150 VIT+40 命中+40
両手棍スキル+255 受け流しスキル+255
魔命スキル+215 ウェポンスキルのダメージ+15%
被ダメージ-20%
I justo got it soloing this as rng

What difficulty were you on when you got this?
By umii 2019-09-10 12:31:09
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Logical said: »
What difficulty were you on when you got this?

VE
 Bahamut.Inspectorgadget
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Inspectorgadget 2019-09-10 12:41:24
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
Asura.Psylo said: »
kishr said: »
Code

_addon.name = 'anchor'
_addon.version = '1.0.3'
_addon.command = 'anchor'
_addon.author = 'Seth VanHeulen (Acacia@Odin)'

-- bit manipulation helper functions

function bit(p)
    return 2 ^ p
end

function checkbit(x, p)
    return x % (p + p) >= p
end

function clearbit(x, p)
    return checkbit(x, p) and x - p or x
end

function string.clearbits(s, p, c)
    if c and c > 1 then
        s = s:clearbits(p + 1, c - 1)
    end
    local b = math.floor(p / 8)
    return s:sub(1, b) .. string.char(clearbit(s:byte(b + 1), bit(p % 8))) .. s:sub(b + 2)
end

function string.checkbit(s, p)
    return checkbit(s:byte(math.floor(p / 8) + 1), bit(p % 8))
end

-- event callback functions

function check_incoming_chunk(id, original, modified, injected, blocked)
    if id == 0x28 then
        local category = math.floor((original:byte(11) % 64) / 4)
        if category == 11 then
            local new = original
            local position = 150
            for target = 1,original:byte(10) do
                new = new:clearbits(position + 60, 3)
                local next_position = position + 123
                if original:checkbit(position + 121) then
                    next_position = next_position + 37
                end
                if original:checkbit(position + 122) then
                    next_position = next_position + 34
                end
                position = next_position
            end
            return new
        end
    end
end

-- register event callbacks

windower.register_event('incoming chunk', check_incoming_chunk)

Save it as anchor.Lua , put it folder under same name, and load it. Removes knock back and bind.

Hmmm ... that cleary a cheat...

Agreed. That is intentionally circumventing a debuff.

"*** you" mechanics need "*** you" solutions.
 Carbuncle.Sanders
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Sanders
By Carbuncle.Sanders 2019-09-10 12:41:40
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
It's literally tailor made for red mage with all of that accuracy and magic accuracy for enspells. The damage limit+ stat seems like a wasted idea, but the other stats certainly make it a valuable set to own

Well, you clearly play none of the other jobs that can wear it.
 Bahamut.Eternallight
By Bahamut.Eternallight 2019-09-10 12:46:43
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, got to say, that's definitely cheating and not just making things convenient on the client side.

You are countering game mechanics with something that is effectively teleporting your character.

Regarding the gear, do keep in mind its a set, but that doesnt mean you have to wear every piece at once, lol.
By kishr 2019-09-10 12:47:55
Link | Citer | R

removing my post.... shitstorm.... wtf
 Cerberus.Kylos
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2019-09-10 12:58:31
Link | Citer | R

Sigh .. cheating the game because they suck too much to beat things properly.
By Torzak 2019-09-10 13:00:17
Link | Citer | R

The PDL does only increase the cap. If you don't have the attack to support being at the cap of the "attack vs mob's defense" check, you won't see any advantage of the PDL on the gear.

RDMs can go solo bunnies in West Ron and hit harder now. While true, it's a joke. It's not that extreme.

Some of these pieces may be decent on crit based WS in a whole lot more scenarios than just absolute max 1hr buff type situations. And the reason for that is just the nature of the way crits work and how they interact with pDIF. Personally, I'm pretty confident that the hands of this set will be my new RDM CDC hands on most content. The hands have the 2nd most STR of any of the pieces of the set, and the STR on the hands is decent when compared to a lot of other RDM hand options, anyway. I think most RDM probably CDC with either a DM Chironic, Taeon or Jhakri+2 hands. Personally, I've bounced around a few times between a Taeon and a Jhakri hands. I've seen a DM chironic feet that had both crit % rate and crit damage %, but they fell short of Thereoid. The point of mentioning these lousy DM feet I seen, is that it's probably possible someone out there has a pretty good CDC chironic DM hands. Anyway, If we look at Jhakri+2 hands and what they have for CDC relevant stats: str18, dex41, accuracy43, attack43, WS 7%. The WS% applies to the first hit of CDC only and I think RDM's should be happy to lose 43 attack to gain 7accuracy, 7 STR, 15 DEX and PDL4 that can apply to all hits. The 7STR and 15DEX by itself should be worth more than the 43 attack. The 7% WSD applying to the first hit only quickly gets lost in the background of Triple Attack procs turning CDC into 6 or 8 hit WS's.

That club looks like it might be a fun Croc/Club Seraph Blade option. Croc Red Lotus and Croc Seraph Blade at 3k TP already do comparable damage to Croc Sanguine (Sanguine damage does not scale with TP). Seraph Blade using Croc to boost elemental WS and this club to boost light (assuming it's affinity), Seraph should find a way into RDM's arsenal of half-way viable WS options depending what you're fighting and what buffs you're getting (Warrior Warcry, Malaise).

Asura.Sechs said: »
Consider that in group situations the best DPS output for RDM is Crocea Mors MH

It's really quite situational. I can find all sorts of occasions where DDing on RDM with Croc is less effective than many of our alternative options.

Maxentius/Thibron or Naegling/Thibron are both great options. Almace/Ternion is still one of my favorite RDM DD options because it skill chains quite readily/easily. Sequence/Ternion is pretty nuts with Samurai Roll because of TP over flow. It's pretty likely to Savage at 2k with Sequence/Ternion between TP overflow & TP Earring. Add a warrior with Warcry's TP effect, and Sequence/Ternion is a Savage spam machine doing 2k to 2.5k TP Savages at really high frequency.

I've joined countless CP parties to parse myself against myself comparing a variety of weapons. And I have to say, there's a reason Almace/Ternion continues to be one of my favorite RDM DD options.

But truly there's a lot of really fun RDM DD options to play with. Including R15 Mandau/Ternion which is basically a darkness spam option (Mercy Stroke) that falls just short of Almace CDC spam damage, but it brings a piercing option to the table. Before the augmented REMA option became an option, I would have scoffed at Mandau in the hands of a RDM. Hell, I would have scoffed at Mandau... period. It was a lot of work and effort for something only marginally better than other NQ dagger options, if it was even better at all. But with the augments, Mandau became a decent RDM option, I think in part because of RDM's Triple Attack (Same effect happens with Maxentius' 50% WS DMG applying to all hits). But in CP style setting I can RDM Mercy Stroke 18k to 27k on crab/fish with Mandau/Ternion. It's a darkness spam combo that WS's at higher frequency than Almace/Ternion but the individual WS's (Mercy) are a bit weaker than Almace (CDC). Mercy's biggest fault is not being able to take advantage of things like a TP earring or a Warrior's Warcry or any TP overflow. If certain TP+ buffs come into play, Mercy Stroke will be left that much more in the dust by other RDM options. Things like a quick 6 or 8 sec Amnesia really hurt RDM Mercy Stroke Spam because the extra TP does 100% nothing. RDM Mandau can't even realistically swap to a different WS to try to capture some of the TP overflow like RDM Almace can with Savage Blade. Even CDC at least gains crit % rate with more TP.

And something to be said about Croc, is that it doesn't hardly stand a chance against RDM's physical options *IF* your party is physically buffed and not using Malaise. And there's a lot of physical DD in a lot of content who wouldn't care if Malaise was ever thrown down or not. Many 6man Ambu, some Omen fights, many SR groups, etc. So you really have to look at your circumstances and just play the best option you have to match to the environment. Croc isn't some automatic DD RDM win option. You still need to think through some things: look at your party setup, buff setup, and what you're fighting.

One of the biggest reasons Croc has gotten something of a reputation for RDM DD is that because 1) It is a good option, 2) You can just buy it off the AH, but really 3) Dynamis double dark weather and the natural tendency for Malaise to always be thrown down to support Corsairs taking advantage of said double dark weather.
[+]
By kishr 2019-09-10 13:06:31
Link | Citer | R

no, not adding to this bs
 Bahamut.Inspectorgadget
By Bahamut.Inspectorgadget 2019-09-10 13:08:00
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Kylos said: »

I'm not gonna advocate the use of cheats. If plebs wanna bang their heads against the wall while gaining nothing from it I'm not gonna stop em.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2019-09-10 13:08:19
Link | Citer | R

Didn't know it was winter already...

What does that mean? If it's a reference to something, I have no idea.

Bahamut.Inspectorgadget said: »

I'm not gonna advocate the use of cheats. If plebs wanna bang their heads against the wall while gaining nothing from it I'm not gonna stop em.

I'd rather be one of the plebs. SE gives us challenges to overcome naturally, not by messing around with codes to bypass mechanics altogether.
[+]
 Bahamut.Inspectorgadget
By Bahamut.Inspectorgadget 2019-09-10 13:14:07
Link | Citer | R

I'd rather be one of the plebs. SE gives us challenges to overcome naturally, not by messing around with codes to bypass mechanics altogether.

Good for you. I'll be the one laughing while sitting in town with 5/5 Maiden's gear while you *** about cheating in FFXI on an online forum in 2019.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2019-09-10 13:15:34
Link | Citer | R

Good for you. I'll be one laughing while sitting in town with 5/5 Maiden's gear while you *** about cheating in FFXI on an online forum in 2019.

You'll be the one laughing. Sure you will .. like this is some kind of race to the finish. The only person laughing here is me, at just how pathetically petty this sounds.
By gistofanything 2019-09-10 13:18:09
Link | Citer | R

Hey Kylos, can we keep things on topic? :j
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-09-10 13:20:48
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Sanders said: »
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
It's literally tailor made for red mage with all of that accuracy and magic accuracy for enspells. The damage limit+ stat seems like a wasted idea, but the other stats certainly make it a valuable set to own

Well, you clearly play none of the other jobs that can wear it.
You clearly missed the first post where I explained how amazing the sets were for all jobs, but carry on.
By Aerix 2019-09-10 13:27:51
Link | Citer | R

Good for you. I'll be the one laughing while sitting in town with 5/5 Maiden's gear while you *** about cheating in FFXI on an online forum in 2019.

The people who cheat egregiously by completely breaking game mechanics are usually the same people who *** and whine about FFXI being too easy/boring/having no fun content.

But suit yourself. There's no point arguing about this unless SE starts banning people again.
[+]
 Bahamut.Inspectorgadget
By Bahamut.Inspectorgadget 2019-09-10 13:32:11
Link | Citer | R

Aerix said: »
The people who cheat egregiously by completely breaking game mechanics are usually the same people who *** and whine about FFXI being too easy/boring/having no fun content.

yeah there's idiots on both sides of the coin. But bragging about being an FFXI "purist" is like walking around an Adult Video convention wearing a "Proud Virgin" t-shirt.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2019-09-10 13:57:21
Link | Citer | R

Never said I was a purist, nor did I ever brag about being a purist. You're just lashing out because others do not agree with you skipping over mechanics when the fight is very doable without.

So far those who do not want to cheat have been called plebs, purists, proud virgins, and what's next?
[+]
 Asura.Yso
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Yso 2019-09-10 14:00:30
Link | Citer | R

For me the ONLY killer was the lag. Otherwise easy.
[+]
 Cerberus.Maxiel
user: maxiel
By Cerberus.Maxiel 2019-09-10 14:16:17
Link | Citer | R

The biggest cheat in this game isn't speed hacks. It's not duping. It's not JAwait0 or Anchor.

It's resetable SPs.

And SE gave us that one! So arguing about these things is pointless when this current era has just overpowered everything to sub 1 minute fights.

Also until harder gear checks come back, a lot of these new shiny toys don't matter in the grand scheme of things. FFXI is just a collector's game now.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-09-10 14:31:49
Link | Citer | R

This guy said I'll be in town laughing in my 5/5 maiden gear. Oh lortttt
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-09-10 14:33:44
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Maxiel said: »
The biggest cheat in this game isn't speed hacks. It's not duping. It's not JAwait0 or Anchor.

It's resetable SPs.

The truth.
 Ragnarok.Deroth
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Deroth
By Ragnarok.Deroth 2019-09-10 15:36:54
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Cerberus.Maxiel said: »

It's resetable SPs.

The truth.

I absolutely agree with this. The fact that you can spam Wild Card over and over and over is pretty crazy. And when you get tired of that, you can just go to Abyssea and snag a revitalizer every 10 minutes.
By kishr 2019-09-10 15:44:36
Link | Citer | R

yall r nuts. way off topic.
 Ragnarok.Deroth
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Deroth
By Ragnarok.Deroth 2019-09-10 15:55:05
Link | Citer | R

You can't tell me what to do! You're not my real dad!
By tyalangan 2019-09-10 16:05:19
Link | Citer | R

0/6 on VE with TH9+ each fight. Was anyone else as successful as phunky? Am I the outlier? Lol
By Unzero 2019-09-10 16:12:18
Link | Citer | R

tyalangan said: »
0/6 on VE with TH9+ each fight. Was anyone else as successful as phunky? Am I the outlier? Lol
0/25 on VE for victories
About 15 deaths or so over a total of 40 runs, been going for about 12 hours.
Pulling my hair out.

Did a couple of runs with other people, Sword/Earring/Hat dropped of which I lotted under 200 every time.

When it rains, it pours.

Back to dying like half the time solo DNC/WAR
 Asura.Saphyne
user: saphy
By Asura.Saphyne 2019-09-10 16:14:56
Link | Citer | R

I got the club & staff, no armor though. VE on blu with TH4 (around 10 runs)
By tyalangan 2019-09-10 16:26:24
Link | Citer | R

1/7 lol. Patience was not my virtue. Okay, this months increased drop rates are the real deal.
[+]
 Cerberus.Maxiel
user: maxiel
By Cerberus.Maxiel 2019-09-10 16:46:26
Link | Citer | R

Is their idea of killing WHM dominance with all this "hybrid" and meva gear we might as well end up full timing?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8