Fomor Ambuscade V1

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Ambuscade » Fomor Ambuscade V1
Fomor Ambuscade V1
First Page 2 3 4 5
By Nariont 2024-02-15 14:17:09
Link | Citer | R

Not saying you cant, just donno how worth it is, largely comes down to pt comp/player level i guess but feel like they go down quick enough to not be a real concern.

Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
You could even have one person safely soloing Excalibur while the rest of the party focus-fires other enemies down one at a time.

Was what a dnc/nin and later nin/war did when i last did this, works fine
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2024-02-15 17:22:15
Link | Citer | R

Even supposing you can manage to get to the 80% evasion rate (not sure how much these guys would require, probably something around >1600 eva? And that's no small feat) we're still down to the point that 2 swings out of 10 would still hit you.

Is it worth it? Considering it has a cost in terms of time and effort. Putting all those eva buffs for one player specifically it's something you "have to do" and it has a "cost" in terms of coordination, time spent, etc.
 Ragnarok.Jukiro
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: ikariiiii
By Ragnarok.Jukiro 2024-02-15 20:10:46
Link | Citer | R

While sudden lunge stuns all of the fomor, the stun effect strangely doesn't work on the Ahriman, at least before all the fomors are dead. Flat Blade does work, and I'm assuming Leg Sweep as well but I haven't tested it yet.

Tested again, maybe the BLU's set wasn't up to par, it does indeed work.
 Cerberus.Kylos
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2024-02-15 21:29:13
Link | Citer | R

Red Mage makes a huge difference in this fight, over using a White Mage. Spharai and Bravura can be pretty deadly, so got to watch out for those, but the others are simple. Good to fight Aegis/Mandau early to get them to pop their 1 hours, unless you're strong enough to kill them before that.

As for Excalibur, it is much easier if 1) you can enfeeble it to death with a Red Mage (Slow/Para/Blind/Dia etc.), 2) you have some form of shadows (blink works), 3) you can stun often, and 4) you can kite around a pillar when needed. Or at least stop fighting to Bind it. Leave Excalibur til last and stack the enfeebles before you engage. Blue Mage helps a lot on the stun/blink front. You will need at least one decent heavy DD, though.

I base this on my linkshell group's experience on Difficult, before moving on to VD for our last fight. We used 1 hours to make things easier. Setup on VD was: PLD/COR DRK BLU BRD GEO RDM
 Asura.Dexprozius
By Asura.Dexprozius 2024-02-15 21:42:21
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Jukiro said: »
While sudden lunge stuns all of the fomor, the stun effect strangely doesn't work on the Ahriman, at least before all the fomors are dead. Flat Blade does work, and I'm assuming Leg Sweep as well but I haven't tested it yet.

I was certainly stunning the Ahriman before the fomors were dead with Sudden Lunge
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2024-02-16 00:41:54
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
Leave Excalibur til last
This has been suggested multiple times and as a matter of fact I initially suggested the same myself.

I came to the conclusion that actually it's more efficient to deal with Exca first.
If all goes well the most "dangerous" fomor is gone, if it doesn't then at least you wipe at the start of the run and can exit/re-enter at the beginning of the run instead of the end.
By Seun 2024-02-16 01:19:56
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
I came to the conclusion that actually it's more efficient to deal with Exca first.
If all goes well the most "dangerous" fomor is gone, if it doesn't then at least you wipe at the start of the run and can exit/re-enter at the beginning of the run instead of the end.

It's certainly more efficient, but not very meaningful to be honest. I mean, you are probably approaching capped hallmarks by the time you've saved an hour over the alternatives.
By buttplug 2024-02-18 16:27:39
Link | Citer | R

BRD/COR/NIN/PLD/RDM/WAR > Savage Blade
NIN > Excalibur

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2024-02-18 18:21:51
Link | Citer | R

Basing this on past experience because I have yet to even set foot in Ambu since the update, but seconding the Excal first method (for those who don't just warp out if Excal is there). If you lose, less time wasted. If you win, cool.

I have usually come Ninja for this one, and I'll blink tank Excal if it's present and it's usually fine. As others mentioned, RUN and Battuta can surely tank some Excaliburs too with a little more risk.

We usually bring a party like PLD or RUN (usually PLD for us just based on available jobs), WHM or SCH, BRD, DD#1, DD#2 (NIN is a good choice), COR or additional DD.

EDIT: Did several runs this weekend on NIN, did indeed blink tank some Excaliburs fine, added good damage.