Forum » FFXI » Ambuscade » Ambuscade V1 July 2019
Ambuscade V1 July 2019
 Asura.Sechs
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-07-09 07:54:32
Link | Citer | R

Funky what do you mean with "enfeebling set"?
If you focus just on macc BRD has access to pretty nice builds with just AF+3 basically, which I'm sure you're 5/5 on.
Then R15 Carns, Ammurapi Shield, HQ Stikini x2, blahblah.
I'm pretty confident you already have such a set in your lua, it's just a variation of the Songs debuff set after all, so what did you mean specifically with "enfeebling set"?
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
Serveur: Sylph
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2019-07-09 08:00:31
Link | Citer | R

Actually that might be it, my lua might not have been putting on my acc set when I was trying to silence. I'll have to check it out.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-07-09 08:17:42
Link | Citer | R

I very rarely use food and my build is almost BiS, I can land debuffs on the majority of stuff when on BRD.
Granted I'm not sayin literally everything of course, some things really require a proper debuffer and a combination of stuff like Languor/Focus/Threnody/Frazzle etc

Edit:
Funky has 666 posts! That's a clear signal that he's a DEVILISH galka!
[+]
 Odin.Unzero
Serveur: Odin
user: Unzero
By Odin.Unzero 2019-07-09 08:27:01
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Belkin said: »
Odin.Unzero said: »
Bahamut.Belkin said: »
Now, the way we tried this was just me and another dude each 3-boxing

I figured out what was wrong

Ah, insightful.

I didn't mean to be like that. Every run I have been on it was six people working hard, so, without knowing how much stuff you are doing on your three characters, I assume one of your problems was dispels or something from playing one character while letting the other two idle. I apologize for saying anything, I'm neither very talented, nor very smart.
 Shiva.Funf
Serveur: Shiva
user: Funf
By Shiva.Funf 2019-07-09 09:48:12
Link | Citer | R

We were trying VD but haven’t had much luck yet. We would start by pulling the mobs to the corner and sleep them there while we casted 3-4 debuffs on the songstress which would allow us to silence it to stop the regen. Then we would silence the whm and pull it to songstress. This is about as far as we could get in testing because we didn’t really have acc set and these things have high evasion @ 1450 acc. We couldn’t reliably pull off 4 step sc due to the whiffs. Once the songstress is silenced the other mobs will start to level up. I’m not sure if it’s timed or if something else causes it. When the songstress is no longer silenced they begin to level back down.
[+]
By lhova 2019-07-10 17:19:48
Link | Citer | R

So it’s starting to seem like this month ambu is ***. I haven’t read gone consistent VD strat and party makeup that has worked. Dafuq SE
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-07-10 17:25:57
Link | Citer | R

Everyone kinda gave up last time too.
[+]
By Heghmoh 2019-07-10 17:26:03
Link | Citer | R

Here's my strategy for Abuscade July 2019.

Setup: Bring any jobs.
Strategy: Go in to VE vol.1 and collect your seals to use next month. Hope that next month is more enjoyable.

And that's it! gl!
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-07-10 17:27:57
Link | Citer | R

That's my strat lol. Unless someone starts doing 2~3m D mercs. Not worth the effort. Especially with no new gear yet.
[+]
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-07-10 19:31:29
Link | Citer | R

I'm not finding this month that bad to be honest.
Been doing consistent 5-8 minute D runs using non-silence strat.
Not counting buffing times though.

DD rune, DD, COR, Geo, Brd, Whm.

Sam/Chaos
March, March, Lightning Carol (Blade Madrigal if 4th song)
Geo Frailty, Indi Barrier and Entrust Wilt.
Barthundra and Barpoisonra.

RUN does initial pull and brings to start corner and wait for sleep. Wake Flowspears only and bring them to the boss.
Focus only Flowspears for a safe run, but if you want to kill Monks for quicker runs, go for it. Ignore WHM though, not worth it.

Brd focuses on Finale mobs being fought and Geo will slow/para each mob, and keep silence on WHM when it's close to waking up.
WHM can Curaga V to wake other mobs up if it misses the lullaby radius.

Keep focus on DRG and ignore rest is really safe, but easy strat to win.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-07-10 19:34:13
Link | Citer | R

EIGHT MINUTE PLUS BUFF TIME DIFFICULT

UNACCEPTABLE

SAFE STRATS!? What is this Hello Kitty? Better glass cannon that ***up and push 3 minute clears.
[+]
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-07-10 19:41:28
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
EIGHT MINUTE PLUS BUFF TIME DIFFICULT

UNACCEPTABLE

SAFE STRATS!? What is this Hello Kitty? Better glass cannon that ***up and push 3 minute clears.

This is for pug, you do realise 90% of people in pug don't have DT sets for monk's counter.

If you with a set people this is easily 5min clear + buff time
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-07-10 19:44:49
Link | Citer | R

I'm just breakin balls son.

A win is a win, couldn't possibly care less if it's 5 minutes or 20.

Asura.Eiryl said: »
It's mostly because the mnks rip DD glass cannon faces off. To stupid not to die.

That is the only real viable strat (currently). Sleeping and fighting one by one. Saw shouts for an "everyone does aoe damage" strat but they likely got wrickity wrecked.
By Afania 2019-07-10 20:11:31
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Shiraj said: »

You did D not VD, of course its not that bad, lol.

In every other month its possible to do VD with less coordination easily.
[+]
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-07-10 20:32:41
Link | Citer | R

Afania said: »

You did D not VD, of course its not that bad, lol.

In every other month its possible to do VD with less coordination easily.

I've attempted VD few times with 2 players multiboxing. 6 Actual players who aren't potatoes could do it, but it's not worth spamming.

There's not much difference between D and VD. The only main thing is silencing boss. The only reason I can see why we wiped the first run was cos of Charm.

The mobs still die relatively quick. 2-3 DDs can easily beat the regen with 0 issue.
 Carbuncle.Papesse
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2019-07-11 02:54:15
Link | Citer | R

I know it's not impossible to resist SV Virelai but even a meva set, 792 resist light and Attunement are not enough on RUN...
Virelai is somewhat predictable though. The Songstress always does SV > Mambo > Minuet > March > Carol > Finale > Threnody > Requiem or Virelai (the lower HP it has, the more it will favor Virelai over Requiem).
[+]
 Asura.Smoky
user: Aubain
By Asura.Smoky 2019-07-11 17:21:12
Link | Citer | R

Not counting buffing times though.

DD rune, DD, COR, Geo, Brd, Whm.

Sam/Chaos
March, March, Lightning Carol (Blade Madrigal if 4th song)
Geo Frailty, Indi Barrier and Entrust Wilt.
Barthundra and Barpoisonra.

RUN does initial pull and brings to start corner and wait for sleep. Wake Flowspears only and bring them to the boss.
Focus only Flowspears for a safe run, but if you want to kill Monks for quicker runs, go for it. Ignore WHM though, not worth it.

Brd focuses on Finale mobs being fought and Geo will slow/para each mob, and keep silence on WHM when it's close to waking up.
WHM can Curaga V to wake other mobs up if it misses the lullaby radius.

Keep focus on DRG and ignore rest is really safe, but easy strat to win.

Go to strat right here, if really needing Ambu this month, works perfectly.
 Carbuncle.Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2019-07-13 19:21:12
Link | Citer | R

JP video
YouTube Video Placeholder

Silence the boss then kill an add without WSing to avoid level up. Add must be very close to the boss in order to maximize its DT+.
Lightning damage (Enthunder) removes TP but must deal a certain amount of damage, 80 or more per hit I think.
The Kraken doesn't level up after WS during Mighty Strikes.
Cleansing Bubbles is used 45~ seconds after Silence landed, it doesn't requires TP so Mewing Lullaby is ineffective.
[+]
By Afania 2019-07-13 20:20:44
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Papesse said: »
Cleansing Bubbles is used 45~ seconds after Silence landed, it doesn't requires TP so Mewing Lullaby is ineffective.

So empyrean DD can activate AM3 on kraken for white dmg on adds.

Also looks like DD rdm would be strong here.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Cloudstrafie
Serveur: Bismarck
user: cloud7886
By Bismarck.Cloudstrafie 2019-07-13 23:41:31
Link | Citer | R

Tried this on D if the mobs use WS they lvl up, not sure if this is exclusive for VD or what
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-07-14 00:20:27
Link | Citer | R

That's way too much effort.

Accession enthunder though good to know. Where all dem meree RDMs at doe.
 Carbuncle.Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2019-07-14 00:51:31
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Cloudstrafie said: »
Tried this on D if the mobs use WS they lvl up, not sure if this is exclusive for VD or what
You need to do constant medium lightning damage to avoid this once the Songstress is silenced but the non-silence strat works well on D since the regen is weak.
 Bismarck.Ihinaa
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihinaa 2019-07-14 03:48:50
Link | Citer | R

If enthunder 80+ damage will reset its tp, will a RDM with Crocea Mors just cripple this fight?
By Ruaumoko 2019-07-14 04:55:41
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Papesse said: »
JP video
YouTube Video Placeholder

Silence the boss then kill an add without WSing to avoid level up. Add must be very close to the boss in order to maximize its DT+.
Lightning damage (Enthunder) removes TP but must deal a certain amount of damage, 80 or more per hit I think.
That's actually genius.

Can see a Su5 or Vereth MNK utterly shredding this fight with Enthunder.

Something I noticed from the video is that they're waiting for the Bard to remove it's debuffs before re-applying said debuffs and starting on a new target. Makes sense, that way your Red Mage isn't going back a forth.
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Serveur: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2019-07-14 21:51:26
Link | Citer | R

I noticed something in the log today and not sure if anyone has noticed or posted this: After several failed attempts on my WHM to land silence on the MB, I said decided to move on and casted Addle followed by Slow to see if they'd land instead.

Both Addle and Slow landed without any issue, but then I noticed a peculiar message in the log: "Bozetto Songstress' singing is off key." Not sure if this is the message you get once you land silence but thought it was worth pointing out.

Didn't get to see what it did exactly but figured I'd throw that out there. May try to test further later but if anyone wants to go in and test for science have at it.

P.S. Is the "Leve; Up" mechanic VD only because I haven't seen an animation on lower difficulties.
By tyalangan 2019-07-14 23:16:21
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, that is how you silence the MB. Debuff him 4 times for the “croak” message then he is susceptible to silence. It’s stated throughout this thread and even at the top of this page. It’s also on the BG wiki strategy page for this months ambu
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-07-15 02:28:14
Link | Citer | R

Does the Kraken generate HP loss on the sonsgress, or is that just the Sahagins?
So you cannot WS on any target except the Kraken during Mighty Strikes, correct? You can WS if you're sure your WS will kill the target though.

Just White Damage, hmmm... That's a really interesting strat for VD I suppose. Still took them 10+ mins though, ew.
Anyway, trying to make a summary of what they do in that video, would love corrections or stuff I missed.

This strategy assumes that you silence the Songstress (4 debuffs + Silence, which will stay for 45 seconds, until Cleansing Bubbles, at which point you will have to re-do the process).
This gives the monsters the skill to level up each time they use a TP move, but you can reset their TP each time an enspell hits them for more than 80 damage.

Setup:
1) Healer
2) RUN tank (thunder runes?)
3) RDM
4) BRD (HM, Madx2, Minu5?)
5) GEO (Frailty, Malaise, entrust: ??)
6) DD

RDM will Haste2 and accession Enthunder.
Alternatively if you go for SCH healer instead of WHM, RDM can go /NIN and the SCH will handle Enthunder for the other DDs.
Dispel each new target (they are alternating between Kraken and MNK sahagin) before engaging.
Tank will need to have Flash ready to tag each new popping monster.
I assume either BRD or GEO will focus on the 4debuffs+silence cycle every 45 seconds.

Some questions I still have though:
1) What happens if you (player) WS on a target?
2) Why do they need to dispel so much on freshly popped monsters if they're keeping the MB silenced?
3) The Fight lasts more than the Lullaby will do with the BiS duration gear. I can't see in the video how they handle the re-sleeping...
4) Is it thunder element damage specifically that resets the target's TP, or any magic damage?
By geigei 2019-07-15 02:45:51
Link | Citer | R

Virelai is still a problem, even with meva set and 3dark runes.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-07-15 02:52:35
Link | Citer | R

If you keep it silenced, it shouldn't be able to virelai in theory, no?
Granted silence expires every 45 seconds (Cleansing Bubbles) forcing you to repeat the 4x debuffs + Silence.
But it seems less of an issue than in the strats without silence.