A Summoner's Gear Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 17 18 19 ... 20 21 22
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-02-20 19:47:30
Link | Citer | R

The thing is old gear had acc/racc and the new items just say acc but include racc

(or, are supposed to)

And it's not about whether it's needed or not, they just do it to avoid someone saying why not.

The epitah should increase racc as well, I don't have one to screenshot. Racc is an unwritten stat on pet gear. (changed sometime semi recently)
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-02-20 20:17:23
Link | Citer | R

Posted Picture above but image posting is...busted?

Anyway it does not show any Racc on the piece at all
 Phoenix.Iocus
Serveur: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2023-02-20 20:18:46
Link | Citer | R

For Ambu Capes is there an important choice between pet: haste, pet: regen(s), and the various kinds of pet: p/m/dt?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-02-20 20:26:32
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »

Posted Picture above but image posting is...busted?

Anyway it does not show any Racc on the piece at all

/checkparam pet

Racc/Ratt are supposed to be an invisible stat on any pet gear made after... 2020 or so

And now I'll have to find the update where they made the change. Since I can see the forgot and made pet Emp+3 have all 3 listed. Maybe they never actually got around to it. It's so hard to keep track.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-02-20 23:33:14
Link | Citer | R

Pet racc shows 0 for all avatars when I /checkparam <pet>
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-02-21 07:04:13
Link | Citer | R

Zero with sancus on too?
By Cromag 2023-02-21 11:56:55
Link | Citer | R

I didn't know WingsofRedemption liked SMN also? Great!
Serveur: Sylph
By Sylph.Timepassesbye 2023-02-22 13:28:13
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Frod said: »
Vaerix said: »
Sylph.Timepassesbye said: »
Asura.Neviskio said: »
Been wondering a couple things relating to discussion of sancus vs epitaph on page 14, I can't figure out the answer so here we go:

1)sancus sachet +1 has +20 ranged accuracy is irrelevant or is it not? Can't think of a single BP that is ranged attack? or maybe epitaph is the usual acc/racc + macc and text is wrong? Do I even need to worry?
2)For the BP delay I reread the last 3 pages multiple times but still not clear to me, do I get to cap with just epitaph, what's the smn skill needed? I know 680 covers it but that's not what I reach so not sure if I still need sancus

I was looking to free a inventory slot and tried to figure it out but sorry just a bit lost on these 2 ammos <.<

consider the gear you're using, if you're already struggling with acc, then wait until the acc matches that of sancus. the epitaph is only a difference of 1 BP damage until higher ranks.

as for ranged BP's, Diabolos has at least nether blast, and I believe most of his BP's are still considered ranged, but I can't confirm that.

regarding BP delay- you'd want to get -15 seconds in tier 1 and 2 each, tier 1 is pretty easy to find, tier 2 has less options

https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Blood_Pact_Ability_Delay

that page lists all the available options
to dumb that down though

convoker doublet +3 (-15 tier 1)
sancus sachet +1 (-7 tier 2)
glyphic pigaches +3 (-3 tier 2)
espiritus (-2 tier 2)
conveyance cape (-1-3 tier 2)

Those 5 pieces would cap out your BP delay in the least number of pieces

there are many combos you can use however if you cant get the +3 on the cape or don't wish to change weapons

glyphic doublet gives (-4 tier 2)
glyphic feet (-3 tier 2)
sancus sachet +1 (-7 tier 2)
conveyance cape (-1-3 tier 2)
glyphic head (-10 tier 1)
glyphic hands (-8 tier 1)

this being said- if you got a +3 on the cape, then you could drop back to the epitaph with it only having -5 delay, but i feel like you're still going for a 6 piece build rather then the 5 I mentioned earlier.

The 3rd tier mentioned is where the smn skill comes into play and where the emp head shines, automatically bumping you up 5 ranks in favor. i was also unaware that they have added another tier to smn skill 735+

hope that helps

There's a lot of good information in this post but there's an important omission.

At 100 jp, and 1200 jp you receive -5s of BP recast delay each, which is it's own tier of BP delay reduction. Meaning you only need 15 BP delay I, and 5 BP delay ii, or 10/10 or 5/15 in your BP delay set. The maximum benefit you can receive from all 3 categories is 30s and 10 of it is a given from jp gifts.

The avatars favor bonus is the only way to break the 30-20s recast windows using the Empy helm, smn skill, and having favor on/charged.

Best of luck making sets!

Both of y'all are slightly off. Since the job gift bp timer- are their own thing You can stack whatever is easiest and get the remaining -20 as long as neither side breaks 15. One of the things that makes sancus +1 nice is the -7 II on it, opposed to the -5 II on the new ammo.

That's news to me. I was under the impression that the JP gifts were tied to the favor reduction because until I was mastered, I was unable to get below 25 seconds even waiting for favor to fully charge. I'll have to test this later unequipped to see if my recast starts at 50 seconds.
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2023-02-22 19:03:42
Link | Citer | R

That's news to me. I was under the impression that the JP gifts were tied to the favor reduction because until I was mastered, I was unable to get below 25 seconds even waiting for favor to fully charge. I'll have to test this later unequipped to see if my recast starts at 50 seconds.
the gifts are straight bp timer reductions with a tier of favor at the end. no favor up, no gear and pacts start at 50s recast.

if you're not getting below 25s your skill is too low or your favor potency hasn't ticked up enough.
[+]
By Sylph.Timepassesbye 2023-02-24 11:31:33
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Frod said: »

the gifts are straight bp timer reductions with a tier of favor at the end. no favor up, no gear and pacts start at 50s recast.

if you're not getting below 25s your skill is too low or your favor potency hasn't ticked up enough.

yup, I didn't realize this. When I built my smn, it wasn't mastered so I didn't have the JP gifts, and my delay timer didn't go down because it was already likely as low as it could go with gear at the time.

For reference though, the last time I checked my skill, was for max skill where I believe it was almost at 700, and when I tested yesterday I had the emp head +2, upgraded to +3 last night. I'll confirm my idle gear smn skill later to hash out numbers, but my wards were still only going down to 25 seconds when used on cooldown, so I'm going to assume I need to play with my gearsets to make that function properly. Though, 25 seconds seems like the right number for the wards when you're using them on cooldown without favor + gear, which I'm fairly certain isn't equipping. so with that, it should drop to 23 seconds
By Sylph.Timepassesbye 2023-02-24 15:03:19
Link | Citer | R

so to follow up- my max smn skill currently is 720, i reworked my set so i still have -26 bp delay between them, and 711 skill, and my pacts are on 20 second cooldowns

not sure how to add the gear grid but
main={ name="Espiritus", augments={'Summoning magic skill +15','Pet: Mag. Acc.+30','Pet: Damage taken -4%',}},
sub="Vox Grip",
ammo="Sancus Sachet +1",
head="Beckoner's Horn +3",
body="Baayami Robe",
hands={ name="Glyphic Bracers +3", augments={'Inc. Sp. "Blood Pact" magic burst dmg.',}},
legs="Baayami Slops",
feet="Baayami Sabots",
neck="Incanter's Torque",
waist="Kobo Obi",
left_ear="Lodurr Earring",
right_ear="Andoaa Earring",
left_ring="Stikini Ring +1",
right_ring="Evoker's Ring",
back={ name="Conveyance Cape", augments={'Summoning magic skill +4','Pet: Enmity+13','Blood Pact Dmg.+3','Blood Pact ab. del. II -2',}},
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-02-24 15:59:15
Link | Citer | R

so to follow up- my max smn skill currently is 720, i reworked my set so i still have -26 bp delay between them, and 711 skill, and my pacts are on 20 second cooldowns

not sure how to add the gear grid but
main={ name="Espiritus", augments={'Summoning magic skill +15','Pet: Mag. Acc.+30','Pet: Damage taken -4%',}},
sub="Vox Grip",
ammo="Sancus Sachet +1",
head="Beckoner's Horn +3",
body="Baayami Robe",
hands={ name="Glyphic Bracers +3", augments={'Inc. Sp. "Blood Pact" magic burst dmg.',}},
legs="Baayami Slops",
feet="Baayami Sabots",
neck="Incanter's Torque",
waist="Kobo Obi",
left_ear="Lodurr Earring",
right_ear="Andoaa Earring",
left_ring="Stikini Ring +1",
right_ring="Evoker's Ring",
back={ name="Conveyance Cape", augments={'Summoning magic skill +4','Pet: Enmity+13','Blood Pact Dmg.+3','Blood Pact ab. del. II -2',}},

If you make an itemset on ffxiah, you can put text like this: itemset 389950 /itemset with [] around itemset and /itemset

Your BP reduction is over cap, though it shouldn't really matter with the current avatar's favor tiers, perhaps could put DT, meva, or HP in the extra slots or something. I personally just max out smn magic skill in case new tiers are added and I forget to go back and update it.

-20 BP recast (I and II), -10 from JP gifts, -10 from avatar's favor (requires 670 skill and +6 in avatar's favor)
 Asura.Bynebill
user: Autocast
By Asura.Bynebill 2023-03-06 18:53:32
Link | Citer | R

Other than head, any other notable EMP+3 pieces for smn?
 Leviathan.Boposhopo
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Boposhopo
By Leviathan.Boposhopo 2023-03-06 19:22:59
Link | Citer | R

Feet will replace AF+3 in acc sets, and have ES on them. Aside from that nothing really, Legs get TP bonus, but no other noticeable stats, it's easy to cap perp- so hands are meh, and body isn't good enough to replace AF+3 or Apogee. With recent updates to pet crit pdif Relic +3 body will probably need some new testing, but that's about it. Empy upgrades are mostly just nice DT/Meva pieces for SMN.
 Siren.Kruel
Serveur: Siren
user: Kruel666
By Siren.Kruel 2023-03-07 01:11:46
Link | Citer | R

Without aftermath up, i've found smn's best dmg potential from multi hit blood pacts is:

head: Capped helios with pet DA 8%
body: Relic +3
hands: Merlinic with top end augs
legs: Apogee (path D)
feet: Capped helios with pet DA 8%

my set has pet DA +39%, and those dmg spikes are large.

We get so much blood pact dmg gear, there's a point of diminishing returns, so if you have a lot, dropping the small amount on the head and feet for helios is well worth it for 16% pet DA.

As was said already, the empy +3 pieces are only really any use for acc, or 1 hit blood pact sets.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2023-03-07 01:31:58
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Kruel said: »
Without aftermath up, i've found smn's best dmg potential from multi hit blood pacts is:

[cut]
Did you math it out, averaging numbers, or are you eyeballing?

Because I can clearly see how you could get very interesting high spikes with that gear and AM3 down, but spikes =/= average.
My point is that tt's worthless to get occasional higher spikes if the average damage is lower compared to other options.

Which is why I'm asking if you mathed it out or not.
 Siren.Kruel
By Siren.Kruel 2023-03-07 01:40:18
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
Siren.Kruel said: »

[cut]

Because I can clearly see how you could get very interesting high spikes with that gear and AM3 down, but spikes =/= average.
My point is that tt's worthless to get occasional higher spikes if the average damage is lower compared to other options.

Which is why I'm asking if you mathed it out or not.
Nope, didn't math it out, reason I wrote "dmg potential"

But 39% pet DA will mean a little less than a 1/2 pet DA rate, which almost guarantees at least 1 proc per multi hit ws, I gotta imagine losing 6% blood pact dmg for that isn't even close, you're almost always gonna be getting extra dmg from pet DA's.

I wouldn't risk looking like a fool posting eyeballed numbers if I thought it was close between the 2.

I'm not sacrificing BPD anywhere else really, unless you count the relic body +3, but i'd be using that piece regardless of the x2 helios pieces.

Hope that helps answer your question.

(For context, all it does is drop me from 154 BPD to 148, and pushing pet DA from 23% to 39%, so just less than a 1/4 proc rate up to a little less than a 1/2 proc rate).
 Siren.Kruel
By Siren.Kruel 2023-03-07 01:52:50
Link | Citer | R

You can also add Cath Palug ring into the mix, but same as BPD, the higher your pet DA, diminishing returns.

So sacrificing a Varar ring +1's BPD +4 for pet DA +5 is a much closer thing, that'd need mathed out if you're sitting on 39% pet DA already.
 Siren.Kruel
By Siren.Kruel 2023-03-07 02:14:57
Link | Citer | R

The loss of 6% will vary for peoples setups, some may lose 8% if they were using apogee feet, (+4 BPD bonus along with apogee legs).

If you were using empy +3 feet prior, will still only be a 6% loss.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2023-03-07 15:22:03
Link | Citer | R

The body is a really good DT piece for when the SMN needs to stand in dangerous places. I use Apogee Crown +1 path D for reducing perp cost in my Pet:DT set but I didn't have a good perp down piece for my own DT set until Empy+3. I'm pretty happy with it. I just wish it had some refresh.

I also agree that the feet look like a nice acc piece, unfortunately it doesn't seem like SMN needs that for... well... anything.

Asura.Sechs said: »
For what it's worth, the math agrees. My calculator makes comparisons on BPD vs Pet:DA pretty easy, and that's really what SMN comparisons come down to right now because the pet:acc/atk values offered by most good items tends to be roughly equivalent. The main exception is relic body, if you need the accuracy from AF body then the relic body goes out the window.

God help us if that ever changes and we have to decide whether X BPD beats Y pet:attack or something. Someone might have to finally develop a SMN spreadsheet.

Using this set as an example, which is ideal in my experience (except the ear could obviously be +2):

ItemSet 94450

This set has 144 BPD and 44 DA. That's a 2.44 multiplier for the BPD, and a 1.2933 multiplier for the average return on DA, for a total average multiplier of 3.1557.

If you change the feet from Helios to Apogee+1 path B, you gain 3 BPD on the feet as well as 4 more for activating the set bonus with legs, but you lose 7 DA. This brings the multiplier from BPD to 2.51, but lowers the average multiplier from DA to 1.24, giving a total average multiplier of 3.1124. That's a loss of around 1.4% damage in the long run.

Swapping relic body to AF body is a slightly larger loss. You go to a 2.6 BPD multi and 1.193 DA multi, for a total of 3.1027, a loss of 1.7% damage. Again, that assumes your accuracy is capped. (Edit: And also doesn't factor in the crit rate on relic body.)
[+]
 Siren.Kruel
By Siren.Kruel 2023-03-07 15:46:20
Link | Citer | R

Good to know the cath palug ring wins out, that is my exact non aftermath set, except had been sticking with double varar +1's cos I wasn't sure on the math for the cath palug ring.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Iamarealgirl
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Latravant
By Ragnarok.Iamarealgirl 2023-03-24 10:41:04
Link | Citer | R

why is there no magical bp sets other than merits?
 Leviathan.Boposhopo
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Boposhopo
By Leviathan.Boposhopo 2023-03-24 11:41:15
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Iamarealgirl said: »

Cause the only difference between the sets would be 1 piece, which is the legs. You'd swap them to something with more BP dmg such as Apogee slack +1 or something else. The dmg difference wouldn't be that significant. And considering most other magical BPs aren't that great, it's not as common to build a seperate set with just the legs swapped for them.
[+]
By Sylph.Timepassesbye 2023-03-24 12:35:09
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Iamarealgirl said: »

There are- the most notable of which is using Grioavolr instead of Nirvana or Gridarvor
getting a solid augment is key though.

you'll also favor the cath palag crown over apogee or helios
enticer pants over apogee/helios
regal belt over incantor sash
you'll make a different ambu cape

The bottom line is you can strip out the double attack for any magical pact so long as you keep the BP damage and any mab. So, ideally, you'll want 2 sets of apogee/helios to max out both physical and magical, as well as 2 pairs of merlinic hands, each augmented toward the BP of choice (bp 10 + str + atk/acc, or bp 10 + int + mab/macc)

the rest of the accessories are pretty much just BP damamge and acc/macc, so no reason to really change them.
[+]
 Asura.Volteczero
By Asura.Volteczero 2023-03-24 12:59:29
Link | Citer | R

iirc non merit magical BP is not affected by TP so apogee would be better than enticer
[+]
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2023-03-24 13:47:15
Link | Citer | R

They're affected by TP, but not as much as merit BPs in most cases.

My Lua splits them out into two categories and swaps gear accordingly for that reason. The only difference though, as others said, are the pants. Enticers versus Apogee+1 path A.

From what I recall last time testing was done, Merit BPs, Impact, Conflag Strike, Lv ? Holy, and Lunar Bay all benefit more from Enticers while the rest (such as Thunderspark and Night Terror) were better with Apogee.

Edit: Note that the difference in damage is pretty miniscule in all cases but if you really want to optimize then this is how.

Also this changes if your avatar has enough TP (keep in mind merit BPs get extra TP bonus if you have more than 1 merit). From what I recall, somewhere around 1500 TP is the crossover point where Apogee takes over for all magic BPs, and thus if you're 5/5 merit then you're better off just always using Apogee for that BP.

This is what that set looks like:
ItemSet 124548

If you don't have a good Grioavolr, then Espiritus is a solid alternative or even Keraunos.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Iamarealgirl
By Ragnarok.Iamarealgirl 2023-03-24 15:59:35
Link | Citer | R

thank you for the explanations. really apprecieated
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [40 days between previous and next post]
 Ragnarok.Iamarealgirl
By Ragnarok.Iamarealgirl 2023-05-03 16:46:58
Link | Citer | R

is there a way to include this code in the SMN lua so that when i have an avatar out but not engaged it will equip my movement speed gear?
By Pantafernando 2023-05-03 17:34:24
Link | Citer | R

You want to equip carmine cuisses +1 on SMN?
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 17 18 19 ... 20 21 22