Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » A Summoner's Gear Guide
A Summoner's Gear Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 ... 20 21 22
By Pantafernando 2020-08-15 02:39:00
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Gippo said: »
Just 119'ed my new Nirvana.

Whats the consensus on dropping the 6 stacks of schwarz to get

At this point, sadly, despite i myself dropping large amount of cash upgrading my SMN mules in the past years, every cent already paid itself, i wouldnt recommend anyone investing any penny on the job, unless its a personal preference.

Given every new content after dynamis div has several restrictions of SMN dmg output from conduit and now even adding restrictions to BP itself on ambuscade content, i would say SMN is almost being restricted to content up to omen and any ambuscade thats not new versions.

And for that, standart BP accuracy bonus already breaks 1400 without buff and foods. And that number is plenty to VD ambu or omen cats. Maybe just need a food if doing helms in reisen.

So, personally i would never glow it, and so, never augment it.
By Draylo 2020-08-15 06:18:12
Link | Citer | R

To become a High Summoner you must have the best of the best!
 Asura.Jdove
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: erasmuss
By Asura.Jdove 2020-08-17 07:27:41
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Feary said: »
Sylph.Gippo said: »
Just 119'ed my new Nirvana.

Whats the consensus on dropping the 6 stacks of schwarz to get

if you have BIS elsewhere, you shouldnt need that accuracy. however, who knows what the new content will bring and/or if any type SMN strats will still be logical.
Depends on if you care about using the relic +3 body for non am3 bp's with out taking a massive accuracy hit. (it lets you gear differently) Also it adds alot of damage to garland of bliss.
By renalaa 2020-08-28 17:12:23
Link | Citer | R

I hate asking dumb questions (As I feel they are) but I'm struggling to find information about this stuff.

Whats the stat allocation for magic blood pacts?
Is int 1:1 int to matb for pets? (For stuff like thunderstorm)
Is the blood pact damage > matb ratio still the same? (1 blood pact damage is roughly [1BP ~ 2½ MAB])

I'm asking since I've been rolling a Griovolr and I saw a 20int, 25matb and was thinking that might be better then my 8 blood pact damage, 15 matb current roll.
By soralin 2020-08-28 17:52:25
Link | Citer | R

Im kind of in the same boat atm, trying to figure out what roughly I should be prioritizing as stat ratios for Flaming Crush for my merlinic gloves and my grio.

Int, Str, Att, Acc, Matt, Macc, BP, its a lot of possible stats and Im kind of curious what I would kind of weight them at.

Atm I'm valuing them at:

Int: 1
Str: 1
Att: 2
Acc: 2
Macc: 4
Matt: 5
BP: 12

But I wonder if those Int/Str evaluations are on the low end.
By YygdrasilCerb 2020-08-28 18:44:19
Link | Citer | R

I normally have trouble figuring out the optimized stat configuration myself. Have you tried using Pergatory’s calculator? It does most of the crunching for you. Unless you’ve already tried that... in which case I am of no further help.
By soralin 2020-08-29 00:23:47
Link | Citer | R

Sadly from what I see, the calc doesnt cover hybrid pact, nor does it cover int/str.

Curious how the int/str factors in.
By Wotasu 2020-08-29 00:41:24
Link | Citer | R

I don't think much testing has been done, since before JSE neck smn didn't have easy access to various pet: attributes equipment. But I think BP+9~10 over pet: str~int. It's like rolling for leaden salute pieces, go for high mab and wsdmg(BP) and hope for Agi..
By soralin 2020-08-29 00:46:56
Link | Citer | R

Right but like, you will have times where you have to choose between say:

BP+10, Matb+30

vs

BP+10, Matb+20, Int+8

Like which of those?

Theres 7 distinct stats that are useful for Flaming Crush, Im not sure what to prioritize after BP/Matt. How much is Att vs Acc vs Macc worth? Str? Int?

Getting BP+Matb is easy.

I currently have BP+9, Acc+22, Matb+15 on my merlinic gloves.
By soralin 2020-08-30 21:01:08
Link | Citer | R

This is currently what Ive managed to get spamming fern stones on my gloves and staff, trying to get solid gear for Flaming crush. Id say Ive spent about 600 or so fern stones.

Using the following as my "weights" for rolling:

2 BP ~= 5 Matt ~= 9 Macc ~= 13 att ~= 26 acc ~= 13 int ~= 26 str

Or:

Str: 1
Int: 2
Acc: 1
Att: 2
Macc: 3
Matt: 5
BP: 13

Im curious if anyone has feedback on if I am over or undervaluing any of these stats, or if thats about right as an approach and at this point its a matter of just throwing more ferns at oseem.

Also: Does smn have any notable dark matter augs other than refresh+2 boots?
 Asura.Jdove
user: erasmuss
By Asura.Jdove 2020-08-30 22:27:21
Link | Citer | R

The su boots are a lot better for refresh, dm refresh on hands and legs are where refresh should go, as for other augments you could make some wsd pieces if you care about your ws's.
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2020-08-31 10:34:01
Link | Citer | R

soralin said: »
Im curious if anyone has feedback on if I am over or undervaluing any of these stats

Your weights seem decent although I'd rate physical accuracy higher, and it's not known for certain but I suspect STR is better than INT too.

Also, BP is more valuable on Flaming Crush than on pure Magic BPs which is what the "1 BPD ~= 2.5 MAB" rule of thumb applies. So for Flaming it's probably more like 1 BPD = 4 MAB.

So I'd shift some things around to be more like this although it's still pretty ballpark and obviously accuracy beyond a certain point does nothing:

1 BP ~= 4 Matt ~= 8 acc ~= 12 Macc ~= 20 att ~= 10 str ~= 20 int

Also: Does smn have any notable dark matter augs other than refresh+2 boots?
Besides Refresh+2 hands and some PDT boots, the only DM augs I have are melee ones. Never seen BP Damage above 10 or anything fancy like that.
By Pantafernando 2020-08-31 13:13:29
Link | Citer | R

Probably there should be some extra nice ones. i would say what about BP10 pet DA5?

But BP itself is quite rare.

I did get one BP10 from DM... on my herculean vest...
By soralin 2020-08-31 14:34:41
Link | Citer | R

I thought double attack was useless for Flaming crush?

Ill bump up the value of BP though, thanks!
By Wotasu 2020-08-31 14:38:40
Link | Citer | R

I thought double attack was useless for Flaming crush?

Ill bump up the value of BP though, thanks!
I think it was more of a statement about DM augs that would be usefull, BP & Dbl Atk is a nice DM Aug on Merlinic Hands.
But yes Double Atk does nothing for Flaming Crush, it just adds an extra Melee attack from Ifrit on Flaming Crush.
 Cerberus.Caius
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Lavid
By Cerberus.Caius 2020-09-03 20:16:10
Link | Citer | R

Is DA the same for the other Physical BPs? or does it work differently that it does with FC?
By Crossbones 2020-09-03 20:39:57
Link | Citer | R

DA is only going to help on BPs that transfer http://FTP. Pred claws, Hysteric assault, and Volt strike / Chaotic strike are the main ones. For single hit BPs like spinning dive DA does nothing except add an auto attack worth of dmg the same as for FC AFAIK. Although with the way SMN has been nerfed in recent content single BPs may become the way of the future :/
 Asura.Friedrik
user: Friedrik
By Asura.Friedrik 2020-09-03 21:40:10
Link | Citer | R

Flaming Crush doesn't scale wildly with MA like jinpu and chi do
By soralin 2020-09-03 22:27:39
Link | Citer | R

Crossbones said: »
DA is only going to help on BPs that transfer http://FTP. Pred claws, Hysteric assault, and Volt strike / Chaotic strike are the main ones. For single hit BPs like spinning dive DA does nothing except add an auto attack worth of dmg the same as for FC AFAIK. Although with the way SMN has been nerfed in recent content single BPs may become the way of the future :/

I feel like Merit BPs still will outperform Single Hit phys BPs, no?

Shiva merit BPs with her 1000 TP Bonus might become the new meta if SE keeps up with nerfing multi-hits.
By Crossbones 2020-09-03 23:11:02
Link | Citer | R

Yeah probably but then again who knows what gear we'll get in the future. SE has a habit of trying to forcefully push the players into playing their way. Maybe in a couple of weeks the tumult staff gets spinning dive BP dmg +100 or something as an augment, you never know with these guys lol. They seem to really have it out for AF /AC burns atm.
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2020-09-04 00:02:09
Link | Citer | R

hey wotasu, a few changes.

You're missing the +10 skill earring in siphon
i don't see a pet macc build.

are you considering any side sets like fastcast, hp for convert, or the like?
By Wotasu 2020-09-04 01:16:03
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Frod said: »
hey wotasu, a few changes.

You're missing the +10 skill earring in siphon
i don't see a pet macc build.

are you considering any side sets like fastcast, hp for convert, or the like?

Good questions, though I was sure I had added a fc set, which I had'nt apperantly... as well as the earring, but so many itemsets, so I missed a few c.c
By soralin 2020-09-04 01:40:42
Link | Citer | R

In terms of the sets, I also may mention a few things:

BP Precast set may want to note there's no need for a BP Recast- roll on your cape once you are master, as the set already is at -22 without the cape, and therefor is already capped at -30 as a master smn.

I also would love to hear folks thoughts on an optimized Master+Pet combat set, for building tp for WSing, either to Open SCs for the pet, applying staff WS debuffs, and for Spirit Taker spam to keep MP up.

This is currently what I am eyeballing as an optimal set, trying to stack as much accuracy as possible while still keeping perpetuation capped at -14 (and also getting a nice 3 tic refresh off helm nonetheless!)

ItemSet 375176

Tried to set it up to be staff agnostic, since I have been trying to tweak my BP precast, idle, etc sets to not have a staff or grip specified. That way if I am spamming phys or magic BPs, whether I then idle in Grid or Grio doesn't matter on my net refresh.

So what staff I melee with entirely depends on what BP I last used. The entire reason for this is I absolutely dont want to lose all my TP everytime I BP, because often times I want to build up TP ahead of time on fodder, then be able to WS > SC > MB with my avatar.

Lots of examples of this, but it basically boils down to "I hate losing all my TP when I blood pact".

I might consider tweaking my gearsets a bit to have 2 distinct TPing sets depending on whether I did a magic or a phys BP last (and thus whether I end up in Grid or Grio), since Grid has the perp cost on it, I can swap out Glyphic+3 body for Talih+2, since it has that juicy triple attack+6% on it. I think its without a doubt the best TPing body for smn, no? Id also then have to swap a Chirich ring for Evoker's ring to hit -14 perp cost though.

I think thatd pretty much be it though.
By Wotasu 2020-09-04 04:52:36
Link | Citer | R

In terms of the sets, I also may mention a few things:

BP Precast set may want to note there's no need for a BP Recast- roll on your cape once you are master, as the set already is at -22 without the cape, and therefor is already capped at -30 as a master smn.
So testing this again which I did when I made the sets, is that you dont need the -BPII roll, but you need the Smn Skill from the cape to get 22sec, or a total of somewhere around ~513 Smn Skill to get the 22sec, Watching menu timers, not timers plugin cause latency etc.
By Crossbones 2020-09-04 11:06:51
Link | Citer | R

This is what I use for my engaged set:

head="Tali'ah Turban +1",
neck="Sanctity Necklace",
lear="Cessance Earring",
rear="Telos Earring",
body="Tali'ah Manteel +2",
hands="Convo. Bracers +3",
left_ring="varar Ring +1",
right_ring="Petrov Ring",
waist="Sailfi Belt +1",
legs="Tali'ah Sera. +1",
feet="Convoker's Pigaches +3",

Can definitely improve in some slots, but I'm short on space and even though I consider SMN to be my main optimizing the melee set is just not a priority inventory wise. I took out the shulmanu collar for example because I don't use it on any other jobs I play. With this set I don't really worry about perp cost since if I'm meleeing it's most likely going to be in an escha zone where it's not a concern. I haven't found many situations where you need to both melee as SMN and also worry about running out of MP (even UNM etc refill MP) but if that was the case I'm not sure SMN melee would be advisable to begin with (you'd probably get both ballad and evokers roll anyway from trusts lol). With AM3 up I get TP incredibly fast even with trust buffs.

My shattersoul set is not much different, basically acc+macc pieces and fotia to make sure I land the WS even on tough mobs like Virava and the debuff sticks.

Here is my garland set:
head="Cath Palug Crown",
neck="Sanctity Necklace",
lear="Friomisi Earring",
rear="Moldavite Earring",
body="Amalric Doublet +1",
hands="Amalric Gages +1",
lring="Shiva Ring +1",
rring="Freke Ring",
waist="Orpheus's Sash",
legs="Amalric Slops +1",
feet="Amalric Nails +1",

Can probably improve a slot or two also (I don't have an ambu cape for it) but it's primary function is to piss off other SMN while building AM3 for a fight. Dmg can be quite nice on occasion.

Really hoping in the future they add more hybrid gear for mages that allows us to melee and keep relevant stats up.
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2020-09-04 11:44:21
Link | Citer | R

waist="Sailfi Belt +1",
SMN can't wear Sailfi ; ;

I use Cetl Belt. I think most people use Windbuffet+1 but I need the haste from Cetl.

I also would love to hear folks thoughts on an optimized Master+Pet combat set, for building tp for WSing, either to Open SCs for the pet, applying staff WS debuffs, and for Spirit Taker spam to keep MP up.

I'm of the opinion that avatar melee/TP isn't worth consideration at all. I would focus just on TP for yourself, and keeping MP up. So like you said, definitely try the Tali'ah body, and probably swap those hands out for something else too. Klouskap is also replaceable.
By Crossbones 2020-09-04 12:29:16
Link | Citer | R

Oh ***good to know lmao, I replaced windbuffet belt with that since I needed inventory and didn't even check, RIP.

I agree with perg about avatar TP gain. If anything I want them to NOT hit the mob with autos as much as possible to not feed TP.

Guess I need a new belt. Or more inventory space.
By soralin 2020-09-04 20:44:57
Link | Citer | R

To note, my set I mentioned there is in cases where I dont care about TP feed. Its mostly just a case of trying to kill trash mobs as fast as possible.

Omen trash for example, being able to pop off Spirit Takers helps my mana upkeep immensely, letting me keep convert/mana siphon saved for the boss fights.
By Crossbones 2020-09-04 21:32:29
Link | Citer | R

In that case keep ifrit out for the double attack favor and keep enfire up as the effect is quite strong (especially if you give it to a crocea rdm). Ifrit is usually my melee avatar of choice unless I need to make a SC with ramuh or his aoes or I need Garuda for haste and cures / blink.
By soralin 2020-09-04 22:42:55
Link | Citer | R

In that case keep ifrit out for the double attack favor and keep enfire up as the effect is quite strong (especially if you give it to a crocea rdm). Ifrit is usually my melee avatar of choice unless I need to make a SC with ramuh or his aoes or I need Garuda for haste and cures / blink.

For sure, especially since you can pop off Solo SC+MBs with Ifrit easily.

I just like having a gear set with rock solid accuracy, but also capped perp cost-
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 ... 20 21 22