A Summoner's Gear Guide
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 20 21 22
 Asura.Kigen
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Kigen
By Asura.Kigen 2019-07-30 08:56:51
Link | Citer | R

In terms of BPD and pet: attack, does anyone know the about equivalent?

i.e. 1 BPD == ??? pet: attack
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2019-08-02 11:42:27
Link | Citer | R

I've not seen any definitive testing. Also, the problem with comparing these two is that while BPD is a straight multiplier and easy to quantify, attack's benefit will vary from one mob to the next, and based on which buffs/debuffs/food you're using. On lower level content, 1 BPD will make more difference than a million pet:attack.

However, if you're asking on higher content where attack is considerably under the cap... Complete guess based purely on experience for Volt Strike... I'd say 1 BPD = somewhere around 20 pet:attack, maybe more.
[+]
 Leviathan.Aldaron
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Aldy
By Leviathan.Aldaron 2019-08-06 19:05:44
Link | Citer | R

I'm trying to get my SMN up and running fast. It's been on vacation for years.

Nirvana is almost done, and I have all the Omen accessories. Will start bringing it to Omen stuff this month during the campaign.

Trying to get my purchases all finalized though. So what +1 Apogee will I still need? All of the sets I've seen still show the Crown for Magic/Hybrid, but Cait Sith's Crown beats it, and I've got that.

So..

1 Crown for Physical
1 Body for Refresh/Idle
2 Legs? Should I even bother trying to get SR augments?
2 Feet? Will the AF+3 feet make these moot?

Thanks. Lots of sets and different options. I've read through all three current SMN guides but still left with this question.
By Tarage 2019-08-06 19:37:21
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Aldaron said: »
I'm trying to get my SMN up and running fast. It's been on vacation for years.

Nirvana is almost done, and I have all the Omen accessories. Will start bringing it to Omen stuff this month during the campaign.

Trying to get my purchases all finalized though. So what +1 Apogee will I still need? All of the sets I've seen still show the Crown for Magic/Hybrid, but Cait Sith's Crown beats it, and I've got that.

So..

1 Crown for Physical
1 Body for Refresh/Idle
2 Legs? Should I even bother trying to get SR augments?
2 Feet? Will the AF+3 feet make these moot?

Thanks. Lots of sets and different options. I've read through all three current SMN guides but still left with this question.

Body for idle('Summoning magic skill +20','Enmity-6','Pet: Damage taken -4%')
Body for magic('MP+80','Pet: "Mag.Atk.Bns."+35','Blood Pact Dmg.+8')
Legs for multihit('Pet: STR+20','Blood Pact Dmg.+14','Pet: "Dbl. Atk."+4')
Legs for hybrid('MP+80','Pet: "Mag.Atk.Bns."+35','Blood Pact Dmg.+8')
Feet for magic/hybrid('MP+80','Pet: "Mag.Atk.Bns."+35','Blood Pact Dmg.+8')
Feet for physical non-multihit('MP+80','Pet: Attack+35','Blood Pact Dmg.+8')

Hands for debuff optional. Don't count on AF3 feet for a while. Head should be Helios Band for multihit/physical, it's not hard to get max augs. SR legs are good for physical-non-mutlihit and magical that use TP.

Also work on Baayami +1. That's going to cost you more than Apogee.
[+]
 Leviathan.Aldaron
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Aldy
By Leviathan.Aldaron 2019-08-06 19:40:53
Link | Citer | R

Tarage said: »
Body for idle('Summoning magic skill +20','Enmity-6','Pet: Damage taken -4%')
Body for magic('MP+80','Pet: "Mag.Atk.Bns."+35','Blood Pact Dmg.+8')
Legs for multihit('Pet: STR+20','Blood Pact Dmg.+14','Pet: "Dbl. Atk."+4')
Legs for hybrid('MP+80','Pet: "Mag.Atk.Bns."+35','Blood Pact Dmg.+8')
Feet for magic/hybrid('MP+80','Pet: "Mag.Atk.Bns."+35','Blood Pact Dmg.+8')
Feet for physical non-multihit('MP+80','Pet: Attack+35','Blood Pact Dmg.+8')

Hands for debuff optional. Don't count on AF3 feet for a while. Head should be Helios Band for multihit/physical, it's not hard to get max augs. SR legs are good for physical-non-mutlihit and magical that use TP.

Thank you very much! Can't wait for this campaign to get going. Been looking forward to playing SMN for weeks.
By ginipginop 2019-08-17 12:27:38
Link | Citer | R

How much physical accuracy do I want for my avatars for endgame content like Omens or VD NMs? I was told accuracy is more important then blood pact damage or physical damage. Right now when I /checkparam my avatars they are just under 1400 acc. I can get that to 1420 but I lose 16 Blood Pact Damage. Just wondering if there is a goal accuracy to get to.
By Pantafernando 2019-08-17 16:48:38
Link | Citer | R

Last i read accuracy during blood pacts wasnt something so clearly visible due to weird mechanics that consider smn skill. That said /checkparam wont give the actual pet accuracy during Blood Pact.

Best thing is just toss Volt Strike and see the dmg. Its very easily to see when its hit miss or proc multi attacks. The many sets provided in this forum normally always gave me enough accuracy to do those cats without any buff or food.
By Wotasu 2019-08-17 16:57:50
Link | Citer | R

With my Volt set ItemSet 367729
Ramuh sits @ 1320Acc without Vorseals or Food. Which seems to work as it should so far for Ambu VD & Omen, if you have food and Drachen roll.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Karppa
user: Karppa
By Asura.Karppa 2019-09-05 06:23:20
Link | Citer | R

Just got my sum 99 recently , I have full Apogee +1set + Con +2 body for Bp and starter gear..but avatar acc is about 900 with food, when u do /checkparam <pet> so should I focus job points 1st? to get free pet acc. I know its obvious but any advices is most appreciated.
By Wotasu 2019-09-05 06:43:22
Link | Citer | R

Which Ammo are you using? Avatar get their ilvl acc from the ammo.
Seraphicaller none Su1/2 locked ammo

And you will mainly be doing magic BP for JP's so start with:
Blood Pact Damage > Avatar/Spirit Mag. Damage > Avatar/Spirit Magic Accuracy Bonus.

For Conduit burns SMN get a huge boost from Job
Astral Flow Effect & Astral Conduit Effect.
 Asura.Karppa
By Asura.Karppa 2019-09-05 07:35:25
Link | Citer | R

OK :D didnt have ammo yet but.. I can get decent 2oojp now ty for info.
 Asura.Karppa
By Asura.Karppa 2019-09-05 09:27:19
Link | Citer | R

Wow bought ammo now my avatars acc 1309 with food..none said so far about ammo pieceis so important thx again Wotasu.
 Odin.Slore
Serveur: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2019-09-09 13:24:19
Link | Citer | R

Hello and thank you Wotasu, amazing guide.

My question is is your hybrid bp set just for flaming crush or will that be the same on others ie: volt strike etc. I see it is labeled Hybrid(flaming crush).

Also, you wouldn't go DA/bpd merlinic on those hands?

Thanks again!
By Wotasu 2019-09-09 13:43:40
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Slore said: »
Hello and thank you Wotasu, amazing guide.

My question is is your hybrid bp set just for flaming crush or will that be the same on others ie: volt strike etc. I see it is labeled Hybrid(flaming crush).

Also, you wouldn't go DA/bpd merlinic on those hands?

Thanks again!

It's only for Flaming Crush, cause Flaming Crush is a hybrid BloodPact, based on BP, Mab, Atk & Acc (mainly mab).
Volt Strike and a few more is multi-atk and BP, so Phys.
And outside of Dark Matter augs, cant get DA/BPD on the same augs.
and Flaming Crush gains nothing from multi-atk.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2019-09-16 17:19:21
Link | Citer | R

I skimmed but didn't see any response, so what's the best non-Nirvana staff for Volt Strike and Flaming Crush vs t4? I absolutely hate mythics, but figure maybe I'll toss together a gear set so I can aid burning t4's if it doesn't look too inventory cloggy. I can probably get all BiS aside from the Nirvana, and I know Nirvana isn't necessary for t4's.
By Unzero 2019-09-16 18:04:05
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
I skimmed but didn't see any response, so what's the best non-Nirvana staff for Volt Strike and Flaming Crush vs t4? I absolutely hate mythics, but figure maybe I'll toss together a gear set so I can aid burning t4's if it doesn't look too inventory cloggy. I can probably get all BiS aside from the Nirvana, and I know Nirvana isn't necessary for t4's.

If you check the Flaming Crush set, the one he has before Nirvana is Grioavolr.

If you check physical blood pacts (Volt Strike), it's Gridarvor.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2019-09-16 18:10:05
Link | Citer | R

Unzero said: »

If you check the Flaming Crush set, the one he has before Nirvana is Grioavolr.

If you check physical blood pacts (Volt Strike), it's Gridarvor.

Alright, wasn't sure if that was more of a "starter set" thing than a "this is 2nd best", thanks.
 Asura.Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2019-09-16 18:27:43
Link | Citer | R

There's some debate over whether Was / Was+1 beats Grioavolr for Flaming Crush. Not much testing has been done, I think most people that serious about SMN have a Nirvana at this point. It does seem promising, as BP Dmg is extremely beneficial to Flaming Crush. You're welcome to do some testing! :)

Another discouraging factor is that you need Grioavolr anyway for your magic BPs, so adding a Was takes up 1 more inventory.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2019-09-16 20:41:28
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Pergatory said: »
There's some debate over whether Was / Was+1 beats Grioavolr for Flaming Crush. Not much testing has been done, I think most people that serious about SMN have a Nirvana at this point. It does seem promising, as BP Dmg is extremely beneficial to Flaming Crush. You're welcome to do some testing! :)

Another discouraging factor is that you need Grioavolr anyway for your magic BPs, so adding a Was takes up 1 more inventory.

Yeah, I know back before the SMN ACAF zerg became THE thing and EVERYONE got a Nirvana I had some people that would use a Was+1 and still top a parse. Which is how I know Nirvana isn't necessary, though it is best. I have a PUP laying about so I should have some of the relevant pet accessories, too.
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2019-09-16 22:35:08
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, I know back before the SMN ACAF zerg became THE thing and EVERYONE got a Nirvana I had some people that would use a Was+1 and still top a parse. Which is how I know Nirvana isn't necessary, though it is best. I have a PUP laying about so I should have some of the relevant pet accessories, too.

Conduit parses are the worst thing to compare gear with, wild swings in total damage are entirely based off of who goes first. If you use that data, go by the average damage per pact and not the total damage done.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2019-09-16 22:50:47
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Frod said: »

Conduit parses are the worst thing to compare gear with, wild swings in total damage are entirely based off of who goes first. If you use that data, go by the average damage per pact and not the total damage done.

I mean, I'm not using it for ***-measuring needs. Just the fact that non-Nirvana can contribute at Nirvana tier (within the realm of RNG) is all I care for the purposes. I'm not really a pet job person, but XI has done a good job making them super strong in certain niches. I think PUP is a neat in concept, but sure don't enjoy playing it, but that auto has some crazy benefits. Similar thing with SMN being useful for ACAF zergs.
By Wotasu 2019-09-17 04:45:58
Link | Citer | R

This game really need a test Dummy c.c;
And for Was +1, I have no experience with it so didnt even factor it in for the equipsets.
I think for Flaming Crush the Macc on Grio might be the deciding factor for high lvl content. But that's just a wild guess.
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2019-09-17 11:31:07
Link | Citer | R

I mean, I'm not using it for ***-measuring needs. Just the fact that non-Nirvana can contribute at Nirvana tier (within the realm of RNG) is all I care for the purposes. I'm not really a pet job person, but XI has done a good job making them super strong in certain niches. I think PUP is a neat in concept, but sure don't enjoy playing it, but that auto has some crazy benefits. Similar thing with SMN being useful for ACAF zergs.

Except that it doesn't compete. You're again assuming on the number of pacts over the individual pact damage. Nirvana will always be a large improvement on individual pact damage. In identical situations (target and number of pacts landed) nirvana will always pull ahead. Because something is 'good enough' doesn't make it the best.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2019-09-17 14:42:18
Link | Citer | R

Because something is 'good enough' doesn't make it the best.

When...when did I say that?
 Asura.Korgull
user: Korgull
By Asura.Korgull 2019-09-17 15:06:11
Link | Citer | R

Because something is 'good enough' doesn't make it the best.

When...when did I say that?
Been a lurker on this forum for a while and i always find funny when conversations escalate for no reason (like this one).
[+]
 Asura.Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2019-09-17 15:50:22
Link | Citer | R

HOW DARE YOU SAY MY NIRVANA ISN'T THE GREATEST! I'll have you know...
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [31 days between previous and next post]

Post deleted by User.
By Pantafernando 2019-10-18 16:07:06
Link | Citer | R

Personally i would skip body and hands, use head and feet A for flaming crush/magic BP, and legs D for Volt Strike.

If restricted to one BP, i would invest in VoltStrike instead of Flaming Crush, so B on head and feet.

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 20 21 22