users online
Forum » FFXI » General » April 2019 Version Update
April 2019 Version Update
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 9 10 11
By eliroo 2019-04-03 07:37:50
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
Asura.Kusaregedo said: »
ok only 4 roe this month, done in 20 min. didn't expect much but 4 months for a pulse weapon at this rate, boo.
How the *** are you "done" when one objective requires 3x interactions with the Special dial and you can have only one per real day?

Am I missing something? D:

Keys my friend, keys
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-04-03 07:38:14
Link | Citer | R

Because you can access the special dial with keys in fifteen seconds, back to back
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2019-04-03 07:39:37
Link | Citer | R

way to go SE. So many easy options to do with the RNG "update" that would have caused true QoL improvements as well as overall improvement to the job. Once again proving the great disconnect between those who play the game and those who create the game.

And bows still suck.
[+]
 Asura.Insig
Serveur: Asura
user: Python
By Asura.Insig 2019-04-03 07:40:07
Link | Citer | R

ok only 4 roe this month, done in 20 min. didn't expect much but 4 months for a pulse weapon at this rate, boo.
How the *** are you "done" when one objective requires 3x interactions with the Special dial and you can have only one per real day?

yes you can turn in Accolades for keys.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-04-03 07:53:28
Link | Citer | R

eliroo said: »

Keys my friend, keys
Oh they work for that? Thought you actually had to use the Special option from the dialogue. Neat! :D

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By fonewear 2019-04-03 08:26:47
Link | Citer | R

DirectX said: »
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
And bows still suck.
Gun > Bow IRL though!!

SE using real life logic in a game with black magic sounds about right !
[+]
By volkom 2019-04-03 09:03:30
Link | Citer | R

fonewear said: »
And bows still suck.
Gun > Bow IRL though!!

no love for throwing projectiles :/
By SimonSes 2019-04-03 09:17:04
Link | Citer | R

Am I understanding this right, that Deeds points work like Total Hallmark, so you wont lose points when buying something yes?
By tyalangan 2019-04-03 09:18:13
Link | Citer | R

Correct
[+]
By SimonSes 2019-04-03 09:40:18
Link | Citer | R

King of Hearts approves the update to dia :)
[+]
 Cerberus.Mrkillface
Serveur: Cerberus
user: bitchtits
By Cerberus.Mrkillface 2019-04-03 10:26:19
Link | Citer | R

And bows still suck.
Gun > Bow IRL though!!

They won't let you change the sex of your character because gay stuff or something.
By clearlyamule 2019-04-03 10:37:02
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Feanorsof said: »
Maybe I’m used to SE delivering disappointment but I’m fairly happy with the RNG changes, what was everyone expecting?

As we have been getting more shots on barrage over the years, the additional shots were becoming near useless at 95% acc, 99% should lead to some much more consistent baraage numbers unless I’m missing something.
Yeah it's effect on barrage is pretty yuge. Odds of getting full 12 shots are now better than the odds of getting 3+ were before.
 Leviathan.Andret
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2019-04-03 10:37:22
Link | Citer | R

So... Scavenge is OP now? 3 stacks of bullets at the same time?
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2019-04-03 10:41:12
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Andret said: »
So... Scavenge is OP now? 3 stacks of bullets at the same time?
You now pick up more ammo than you've spent.
By Nariont 2019-04-03 10:41:47
Link | Citer | R

3 types of ammo at once, cause rng was desperately hanging onto every free rema ammo they use, thanks SE
[+]
By Aerix 2019-04-03 10:48:14
Link | Citer | R

I think it's more about being able to recover limited ammo like the Su5 stuff when you're mostly just shooting with REMA ammo, so you are no longer forced to pick and choose.
 Asura.Highwynn
user: Highwynd
By Asura.Highwynn 2019-04-03 11:21:40
Link | Citer | R

Those Dia changed are nice.
 Asura.Byrne
By Asura.Byrne 2019-04-03 11:45:27
Link | Citer | R

It's not a huge change overall, it's a small buff to Dia if you have a RDM, and a small nerf to it if you don't.

I for a long time had thought it was a little dumb that RDM had exclusive access to a final level of dia/bio, but since you'd bring a COR anyway, and you could double up the effect, there was virtually no difference vs just bringing a /RDM and doing two quick draw.
 Asura.Byrne
By Asura.Byrne 2019-04-03 11:48:25
Link | Citer | R

And bows still suck.
Gun > Bow IRL though!!

It would explain why it took them so long to fix MNK.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2019-04-03 12:20:56
Link | Citer | R

clearlyamule said: »
Yeah it's effect on barrage is pretty yuge. Odds of getting full 12 shots are now better than the odds of getting 3+ were before.

Sweet, now I have an even better chance of pulling hate and undermining the entire purpose of using a RNG strat to begin with!

Nobody really uses Barrage for damage anyway (nor should they rely on a 5min timer with a big damage spike that risks getting people killed from the enmity generated). It's really most useful for a quick TP boost for a mid-fight refresh on Empy/Mythic AM once that wears, and Barrage already worked fine for that.

There were so many bigger issues that could have made a real impact:

Enmity issues? Perhaps adjusting to make Barrage or WS impacted by Decoy Shot/Camouflage, or some other kinds of modifications to Decoy.

Camouflage inconsistency? Maybe give it a static timer and not wear off when you sneeze, perhaps something like RDM got for Sabo. As it is, Camo is really ONLY useful for Empy users with AM3 up (thanks to the crit rate boost from JP), but that requires not WSing and just riding out the near hateless white damage with AM3 triple damage crits.

Archery being awful? IDK how they would have fixed that, to be honest (maybe changes to ranged distance sweet spot bonuses for bows?). But it's surely a more pressing issue than hitting all shots on the back half of Barrage.

EES sucking? RNG SP ability is focused on damage, and does a single shot for considerably less damage than your average WS (hell, it's worse than a single AM3 crit proc). Coulda pumped that up at least, even if it's minor it would have been cool to have something like a more useful zerg tool.

Shadowbind? If you're gonna give minor enhancement to some JAs, you can't even throw us a bone and reduce THAT excessive 5min timer (or boost the bind potency)?

I am at least glad they didn't start mucking with Flashy/Stealth Shot, because no RNG in their right mind wanted to change from 5/5 Snapshot and Recycle merits. Similarly, pleased that they didn't go for a misguided effort to make Unlimited Shot a thing (unless they both removed the shared timer with Double Shot AND made Unlimited actually worth something)

Velocity Shot timer reduction is nice enough, though fairly minor. Honestly though, they coulda done more to buff Velocity's actual effect to give a buff on a more similar level to what they did with DRG PUP etc.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-04-03 12:24:52
Link | Citer | R

This Chocobo Racing ROE is lol. There are dozens of ways they could make this event even mildly entertaining. It truly is pathetic to watch that travesty.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2019-04-03 12:49:08
Link | Citer | R

I won't quote all of Capuchin's post above me, but that pretty much nails it to the wall. There were so many ways that an "update" to Ranger could have been executed successfully, and not a single one was implemented.

Its pretty universal that the adjustment to Velocity Shot timer was appreciated, but the extra Ranged Accuracy on Barrage may cause more problems than it solves. (although, I do wonder if we can still reach that 99% racc rate independent of gear- if so, full -emnity sets for Barrage GO!)

Hell, with all the boosts that COR has gotten thru gear alone in the past 4-6 months, it seems like the biggest adjustment Ranger got was pushing us to play COR.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-04-03 12:51:43
Link | Citer | R

Despite all the whining, RNG is already better than most of the cast. They don't need a buff. COR needs a nerf.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2019-04-03 12:53:27
Link | Citer | R

That's really the only somewhat fair rationale for the massively underwhelming RNG update - that the job was already in a good enough place. Particularly considering that, from my understanding, it's also a bit more popular among JP players who S-E would be more likely to listen to.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2019-04-03 12:53:45
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Despite all the whining, RNG is already better than most of the cast. They don't need a buff. COR needs a nerf.

all right all right, you got me there ^^ 3/4 of Leviathan server and more already know I talk up RNG more than it probably deserves- there was just a lot I and other Rangers were hoping for (Archery fix mostly, although that was clearly a pipe dream), and this was just a big wtf.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-04-03 12:54:16
Link | Citer | R

COR obviously needs a huge nerf. But this "job adjustment" isn't even that. It's a nothing adjustment.

The only real outcome is rangers will die more often since barrage won't miss as much.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-04-03 13:06:43
Link | Citer | R

It's moving in that direction via softer measures. Similar to how BLU was conveniently left off of solid DD gear improvements for years. COR was not given any PDL trait and is confined to tier1 if they opt for DNC sub. They are also directly improving RDM in several areas lately (probably not finished yet), and have toned down Geomancy a bit over time and on some content. I wouldn't be surprised if COR and GEO gets outright nerfed or ignored completely, while others get buffs/improvements in an effort to balance it all out.
 Bismarck.Laurelli
Serveur: Bismarck
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2019-04-03 13:07:24
Link | Citer | R

Just don't spam barrage if you're worried about pulling hate. Or add more stp and remove a little racc if you want to miss.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-04-03 13:13:24
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
It's moving in that direction via softer measures. Similar to how BLU was conveniently left off of solid DD gear improvements for years. COR was not given any PDL trait and is confined to tier1 if they opt for DNC sub. They are also directly improving RDM in several areas lately (probably not finished yet), and have toned down Geomancy a bit over time and on some content. I wouldn't be surprised if COR and GEO gets outright nerfed or ignored completely, while others get buffs/improvements in an effort to balance it all out.

I wouldn't really agree with that. COR got the savage blade sword, and rostams are downright obscene. I get that every dumbass wants to say they aren't top DPS or whatever, but they're still by far a better hybrid option than -ANY- other job gets. You sacrifice next to nothing for capped DT(not PDT, DT).

The light/dark shot adjustment is a nerf, but it's super mild. They need to do a lot more to get COR in a balanced place.
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 9 10 11