Ambuscade Weapons Worth Pursuing

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » Ambuscade weapons worth pursuing
Ambuscade weapons worth pursuing
By Nariont 2019-03-13 16:42:19
Link | Citer | R

less im missing something its Skillchain dmg based on "MP consumed" not HP based like the great axe is.
 Asura.Saevel
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Saevel 2019-03-13 16:42:50
Link | Citer | R

Nariont said: »
less im missing something its Skillchain dmg based on "MP consumed" not HP based like the great axe is.

Yep just edited my post, got the two confused.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By Boshi 2019-03-13 17:40:17
Link | Citer | R

Shijo does surprisingly good in that slot even if it's putting you over dw
 Asura.Byrne
By Asura.Byrne 2019-03-13 19:44:53
Link | Citer | R

Why is this under the Red Mage job section?
 Siren.Athen
Serveur: Siren
user: Athenair
By Siren.Athen 2019-03-13 19:59:01
Link | Citer | R

I should have specified: I'm wondering what the priority order is from a RDM perspective, hence posting it here.

Thanks for the advice on Bow, then Sword, then Dagger. How do the Rod and Staff measure up?
 Asura.Byrne
By Asura.Byrne 2019-03-13 20:14:00
Link | Citer | R

The guide is being updated with this info right now actually, I'm getting around to rod and staff soon-ish.
 Cua
By Cua 2019-03-14 00:38:02
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Ajamu said: »
Siren.Kyte said: »
Cua said: »
I'm curious if the dagger is worth it for a Thief with Aeneas.

What if you're in a party that requires you to use Evisceration instead of Rudra's Storm for a skillchain? I'm not sure.

It's definitely worth it if you need to use Evisceration. It's also a pretty good offhand depending on your other options.

I am assuming the order of best offhand as a thief with Aeneas mainhand using rudra is:

1. Twashtar
2. Perfect Taming Sari
3. Tauret
4. Well augmented Skinflayer and perhaps well augmented Taming Sari? I guess Shijo fits in here too unless your using it for the dual wield?

Thoughts? Tauret is certainly a nice dagger. I have managed to solo Genbu with trusts just making the timer on thief using evisceration without the Tauret/Kaja and with a really good ws set for it.. the rest of my ws besides mandalic weren't performing to well on him so 1 niche with this this new dagger would seem to make it easier to solo Genbu on thief if that means anything to anybody... Merc, whatevs. Also another post somewhere said the crit bonus on Tauret doesn't work in the offhand.

To be clear, my question was is Tauret so good with Evisceration that I would make it my main hand and take Aeneas out?
 Siren.Kyte
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2019-03-14 00:44:26
Link | Citer | R

If you're using Evisceration for SC purposes (and said SC isn't with yourself), then yes it's certainly worth using what is pretty obviously the best dagger for said WS.

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Presidentobama
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: kasain
By Ragnarok.Presidentobama 2019-03-14 06:53:54
Link | Citer | R

I am curious about the staff, Is retribution cool to us? I more less thinking of it as a skill chain on sch, in place of shattersoul.

Any thoughts?
By gargurty 2019-03-14 07:09:20
Link | Citer | R

Don't forget the club. You can get some decent numbers with that too :)
[+]
 Bahamut.Justthetip
Serveur: Bahamut
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2019-03-14 08:09:30
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Austar said: »
Siren.Kyte said: »
It's probably more meaningful to compare it to Anguta+CR.
not really. if you're wondering about spiral hell damage, you probably don't have an anguta in the first place.

This right here spiral hell already is kinda meh anyway. These weapons while nice not all of them are good sure its suppose to be for non-rema people but other weapons are easier to get at this point. I kinda feel like the dual wield club thing for is nice but sub job loss seems like it would hurt it could be wrong.
By kasain 2019-03-14 08:35:58
Link | Citer | R

gargurty said: »
Don't forget the club. You can get some decent numbers with that too :)

I agree that is useful as well, 200 base dmg is a mega game changer in base dmg to solo light.

I would like further info on these. Maybe I will have to do the homework and share my findings.
By sefalon 2019-03-14 09:45:20
Link | Citer | R

I just got the sword last night and only played 1 more Ambuscade after. I definitely saw a nice boost to damage. I was just spamming savage blade and was wondering is that the best WS to use with that sword ? I assume with the bonus damage but I wanted to make sure.
 Shiva.Humpo
Serveur: Shiva
user: Humpo
By Shiva.Humpo 2019-03-14 10:00:26
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
FaeQueenCory said: »
But it's a decent Scythe if you have nothing else. It's about just below REA options... and I think it's technically the best nuking option? such as that is for DRK lol

You laugh but

ItemSet 362490

I'm actually slightly curious what your damage on a spell would be
 Ragnarok.Presidentobama
user: kasain
By Ragnarok.Presidentobama 2019-03-16 04:39:51
Link | Citer | R

Still no info on the staff.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-03-16 06:47:07
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Presidentobama said: »
Still no info on the staff.

Digest 44 has the staff info.

tl;dr its garbage

MDMG increases with tp up to + 100, means like t1/2 spells get a neat bump but useless for everything else.
By geigei 2019-03-16 06:47:40
Link | Citer | R

From what i've seen polearm not worth using on sam for this month ambuscade, 32k impulse avg vs 37k fudo avg, same player.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ejiin
Guide Maker
user: Ejin
By Ragnarok.Ejiin 2019-03-16 09:42:12
Link | Citer | R

geigei said: »
From what i've seen polearm not worth using on sam for this month ambuscade, 32k impulse avg vs 37k fudo avg, same player.

Damn, don't call out your SAM friend like that. Pretty sure player warnings are against the forum rules.

But really, the polearm takes a different playstyle to use correctly. Due to how Impulse scales and crits based on high TP, you don't just spam as fast as you can, you have to wait for 2000~ TP, which SAM is amazing at. Not to mention, Pole build should be getting Crit roll instead of DA for optimal damage.

With that said, my own testing has shown Shining One used optimally and R15 Masa are basically tied. I personally give the lead to R15 Masa because of AM3, Fudo has better SC properties and isn't tied to a roll that only benefits them.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-03-16 14:10:54
Link | Citer | R

Impulse drive is very different then other WS's as it's weak at 1K but strong past 2K, it's absolutely worth it to save to at least 1500 TP (1750 with Moonshade).
 Shiva.Zerowone
Serveur: Shiva
user: Zerowone
By Shiva.Zerowone 2019-03-16 17:47:31
Link | Citer | R

Lycurgos is a viable option for DD Rune Fencer. Also, a very fun toy, (very niche), it's no Shining One etc. Its right up there with Epeolatry and Lionheart before Rank Augments. Edit: lol responded from the main page and didn't see that this was RDM forums :P
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-04-05 10:14:28
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Senaki said: »
Asura.Geriond said: »
Odin.Senaki said: »
Has anyone figured out how Nanadaka works? The value of it for group play vs solo play is really based on if the enemy defense decrease goes down based on more or less debuffs on mob.
Based on the wording, I imagine that it's an "partially ignore defense" effect (like Quietus), not an actual defense debuff applied to the enemy for everyone to benefit from.

I see, I was hoping it would act similarly to Dragoon's Relic lol.

Asking about Nanadaka: How would you guys rate this sword, and has this been tested in Ballista/Brenner or on some monster? Was wondering if it was a defense down debuff applied that varies in strength, or if it's a static value. And if so, how much is that defense down?