Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Hova said: »
so explain what "number of upgrades" means

Number of buffs you have
By SimonSes 2019-03-13 06:35:44
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Feanorsof said: »
SimonSes said: »
Shining One is confirmed to force crit on Impulse Drive. It's totally broken beating all REMA on WAR, SAM and DRG and beating every other DD that cant use it by miles too. Knowing how fast SE patch things, we have at least 3 months of nothing but Impulse drive and this 3 jobs dominance. *** great....

Taking your other posts into account I’m assuming you have the numbers to share?

F5ing at work...

Just watch Ejin's video on twitch

And I still think he wasnt even using it in optimal way. Should probably wait 1 round to force almost twice higher dmg on WS, because it seems like crit rate jumps by a lot in high TP and its actually worth to wait 1 more round to have much higher chance for that + much higher fTP on main hit.
 Phoenix.Hova
Serveur: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Titanfoo
By Phoenix.Hova 2019-03-13 06:41:21
Link | Citer | R

Simon
so explain what "number of upgrades" means

Number of buffs you have

I'm not sure if that's right, i'm thinking it only counts for att+ buffs
 Phoenix.Hova
user: Titanfoo
By Phoenix.Hova 2019-03-13 06:42:50
Link | Citer | R

Same as with the GS, I believe it's based on the number of def down effects on the mob
By SimonSes 2019-03-13 06:56:33
Link | Citer | R

I'm not sure if that's right, i'm thinking it only counts for att+ buffs

Not really.

Asura.Cloudblade said: »
I posted my testing on the sam guide for the GK but figured I'd jump here for the sword. I did a very small sample size vs the machairodus in kuftal. With tact roll as the only buff, savage was doing around 21K. With 2 worthless rolls, 4 non-dmg songs, pro, shell, flurry, etc., it was doing 31K. That is with no multi-hits. I was hitting near the att/def walls, I believe. I retried and found that around +500 or so attack was putting me at the 31K range, and any past that was capping at around 31K. It seems the 8 or 9 buffs was jumping the attack up by 4-500+.

That is VERY short testing, however.
 Asura.Aaliana
Serveur: Asura
user: edster105
By Asura.Aaliana 2019-03-13 07:15:55
Link | Citer | R

Any opinions yet on which weapon is the most worthy of grabbing first?
By SimonSes 2019-03-13 07:24:04
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Aaliana said: »
Any opinions yet on which weapon is the most worthy of grabbing first?

If you have
WAR, SAM, DRG: then Polarm
COR, WAR, less for DRK: Sword
THF, DNC: Dagger
DRK, WAR: Axe (but after Polearm and Sword imo)
DRK: Gaxe (Armor break easier)
For magic accuracy set on all jobs that can use it: Bow
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2019-03-13 07:29:15
Link | Citer | R

DRK only gets Full Break with Hepatizon Axe, so new GAX is only for Weapon/Armor Break and Fell Cleave.
[+]
 Leviathan.Katriina
Serveur: Leviathan
user: kate99
By Leviathan.Katriina 2019-03-13 07:29:45
Link | Citer | R

Polearm >>>>>>>>>> Sword >> Dagger >> Axe >> Katana >> Bow >>>>>>>>>> H2H
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2019-03-13 07:33:46
Link | Citer | R

Polearm is stupid broken at the moment.

I'll probably get H2H for Dancer, since it's the only ilvl19 H2H we get, and the special effect might be useful for healing. More of a niche item I guess but I'll take it.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-03-13 07:55:51
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Geriond said: »
DRK only gets Full Break with Hepatizon Axe, so new GAX is only for Weapon/Armor Break and Fell Cleave.

Well Armor / Weapon / Shield break are stronger then Full Break anyway, which is kinda shitty. For DRK that Gaxe is pretty boss, TP Bonus +500~1000 is really strong for Upheaval and Steel Cyclone.

Leviathan.Katriina said: »

What job would use the dagger main hand though? THF/DNC/BRD already have their own weapons, RDM would use Croc or swords, COR would do the same and WAR can't use it at all.
 Leviathan.Katriina
Serveur: Leviathan
user: kate99
By Leviathan.Katriina 2019-03-13 08:04:53
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Saevel said: »
What job would use the dagger main hand though? THF/DNC/BRD already have their own weapons
It's a very solid option for non Terp Dancers in long fights spamming Evi, and best offhand for Terp users aside from Twashtar.
By SimonSes 2019-03-13 08:14:46
Link | Citer | R

What job would use the dagger main hand though?

Outside of Twashtar/Centovente, Tauret/Twashtar is the best build for spamming ws on THF, so if accuracy is an issue, Tauret is bis.
By Nyarlko 2019-03-13 08:23:29
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Geriond said: »
Leviathan.Katriina said: »

What job would use the dagger main hand though? THF/DNC/BRD already have their own weapons, RDM would use Croc or swords, COR would do the same and WAR can't use it at all.

I dunno, I have Aeneas and Twashtar, and Kaja knife spamming Evisceration was outperforming both of them in low buff scenarios.. I'd say the new version will probably continue to do so, so it probably does have a place in a THF's wardrobe.
By eliroo 2019-03-13 08:34:00
Link | Citer | R

I just recently got a Kaja knife on BRD and It was pumping out some pretty good numbers. I don't really have any alternatives to compare it to but I was hitting 12-26k Eviscerations with just BRD buffs/ Frailty on Escha-Ruann NMs last night.
By SimonSes 2019-03-13 08:35:00
Link | Citer | R

Oh I totally forgot. Dagger is bis offhand for COR Leaden too.
By eliroo 2019-03-13 08:39:39
Link | Citer | R

COR should already have sword so they don't need the knife.
By Afania 2019-03-13 08:42:52
Link | Citer | R

eliroo said: »
COR should already have sword so they don't need the knife.

Its still bis offhand for leaden but the increase from getting max tier is much smaller than the sword.

Sword isnt good for offhand because of high delay.
[+]
By fonewear 2019-03-13 09:18:59
Link | Citer | R

Shining One is confirmed to force crit on Impulse Drive. It's totally broken beating all REMA on WAR, SAM and DRG and beating every other DD that cant use it by miles too. Knowing how fast SE patch things, we have at least 3 months of nothing but Impulse drive and this 3 jobs dominance. *** great....

Taking your other posts into account I’m assuming you have the numbers to share?

F5ing at work...

And I still think he wasnt even using it in optimal way. Should probably wait 1 round to force almost twice higher dmg on WS, because it seems like crit rate jumps by a lot in high TP and its actually worth to wait 1 more round to have much higher chance for that + much higher fTP on main hit.

I was crunching some numbers and according to my Excel spreadsheet. I have no idea what the *** you are talking about.
[+]
By tyalangan 2019-03-13 09:28:08
Link | Citer | R

But is polearm worth it for RMeA owners. Specifically Masa/Trish R15 who can self SC light/dark apam? Does it push beyond even those?
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2019-03-13 09:31:53
Link | Citer | R

fonewear said: »

F5ing at work...

I was crunching some numbers and according to my Excel spreadsheet. I have no idea what the *** you are talking about.
Er, what's confusing about what he said?
By SimonSes 2019-03-13 09:32:06
Link | Citer | R

tyalangan said: »
But is polearm worth it for RMeA owners. Specifically Masa/Trish R15 who can self SC light/dark apam? Does it push beyond even those?

If you self SCing then probably no. If you are not, then probably yes. It's hard to say, because not enough info yet. When spamming on SAM it's as good as spamming Fudo with R15 Masa I think, but without SC damage, but I still think it should be optimally used at 2000+ TP when you spam it.

Also in zerg scenario when you can get Warcry from WAR, it will be way beyond R15 Masa and R15 Trish.
By clearlyamule 2019-03-13 20:55:02
Link | Citer | R

So I know no one cares about vol 2 but just thought this was too funny. Tried doing it with my rng automatons... and it appears to have 100% evasion vs ranged attacks
 Ramuh.Austar
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2019-03-13 20:58:50
Link | Citer | R

it starts with airy shield, immune to ranged attacks.
By clearlyamule 2019-03-13 21:15:03
Link | Citer | R

ah didn't see it in chat log. Also didn't even think about it since with say Ahriman you can just wait it out
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-03-13 21:48:25
Link | Citer | R

So throw pebbles at it!
[+]
By metaking 2019-03-13 23:52:11
Link | Citer | R

only some basic testing so far, but it seems the club on a 2 step light sc on blu the difference between a spell with burst affinity when compared to a spell bursted with burst affinity is 2.35x dmg, tho my gloves do have burst dmg II 6% there was no other burst dmg used in the test, 3 step was 3.37x btw

so if your burst affinity spell would do 10k, well it just did 23,500 ^^
By Nyarlko 2019-03-14 09:53:05
Link | Citer | R

metaking said: »
only some basic testing so far, but it seems the club on a 2 step light sc on blu the difference between a spell with burst affinity when compared to a spell bursted with burst affinity is 2.35x dmg, tho my gloves do have burst dmg II 6% there was no other burst dmg used in the test, 3 step was 3.37x btw

so if your burst affinity spell would do 10k, well it just did 23,500 ^^

Seems like a potentially large MBD buff then. :D The big question remaining is whether the club provides MBD or MBDII. Do you happen to have enough MBD gear to check if it caps or not? Try testing using non-blu magic to remove the BA bonus from the equation. /rdm or /blm using T1 nukes would work well for narrowing it down.
By metaking 2019-03-14 18:48:46
Link | Citer | R

yea i don't have time for a larger sample of testing tell this friday, the fun of working 10 hour shifts, also it would have to break cap to hit 235% burst bonus, a 2 step sc explains 30% of it 5/6 from my gloves (it wasn't perfectly 2.35) is 5% of it, the real question i think is going to be is if its based on number of sc's in the sc, or the tier of the sc in question, or even if they effect it at different rates and if there is a cap... which means im going to have to pester some of my buddys >.>;
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 ... 20 21 22