Shiva.Paulu
Serveur: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Paulu
By Shiva.Paulu 2019-03-10 22:33:07
Link | Citer | R

Hi FFXIAH community,

Download Available: JobDisplay

I am working on an addon called JobDisplay. The purpose of this addon is create an engaging yet simplistic visual banner to track the information most critical to your job's role. Such as:
-Current gear set (have I been in PDT for the last 3 minutes!? What was my Acc level set to again?)
-Job abilities (oh I didn't notice Meditate was up for a at least a minute...)
-Buffs
-Spells
-HP/MP/TP/%'s
-Item Counts
-Custom Toggles
-Literally anything that can be tracked or inserted. (Compliments Gearswap)

ReadMe

Known Issues to be addressed:
None outstanding as of 04/07/2019.
[+]
 Siren.Aezaeo
Serveur: Siren
user: Aezaeo
By Siren.Aezaeo 2019-03-10 23:38:01
Link | Citer | R

Inventory Ninja tool count would be cool as well. I have a friend who wanted me to make a text display for him with the number of shihei he had in his inventory but I haven't gotten around to it. Another thing would be font change. Selindrile's gearswap has something similar and his display is pretty clean looking. For me, personally, I like his look but this idea is cool so if you had options to change simple things like that, it'd be nice. Not must haves obviously but more options for the user.

Hopefully you get more feedback cuz I think it's a cool idea. Also if you do end up making it, you should get a hold of the windower devs so they can add it to the Winodwer launcher.
By Icydeath 2019-03-12 13:45:42
Link | Citer | R

Looking forward to this!
 Shiva.Spathaian
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2019-03-12 14:28:41
Link | Citer | R

Looks awesome~ Can't wait to see where this goes!
 Bahamut.Dannyl
Serveur: Bahamut
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2019-03-12 14:37:57
Link | Citer | R

Awesome !
[+]
 Asura.Lewyo
Serveur: Asura
user: Lewyo
By Asura.Lewyo 2019-03-12 14:50:08
Link | Citer | R

To be able to track and display Shihei count if you Main or sub is Ninja and to also show ammo count for desired range ammunition.
 Shiva.Paulu
By Shiva.Paulu 2019-03-12 21:43:39
Link | Citer | R

Noted. I will be working the Ammo/Shihei counters in. I will also take the font suggestion into consideration, though probably later after I have a running release.(Completed). These were great suggestions! Thank you.

I'm wondering what from each job would you most like to track? I've received a request to track RDM Sabo JA and self buffs "Track my Enspell and element, refresh III, and Haste II", for example.

I haven't played most jobs in years and haven't got a clue what I should do for say PUP or DRK. What abilities or quirks should be tracked and which order would be most effective or preferred? I am assuming the most important stuff goes left to right starting with the current gear set. I've only gone through a few jobs yet so it will be a while but most of the jobs, DD especially will likely be Set and JAs for now. I'm sure I can piece most together looking at job guides and wikis but I do prefer hearing the opinions of those who especially favor a specific job.

I plan on leaving "set" as the leftmost field in my defaults.
I'm also considering a toggle between various defaults with the goal in mind of accommodating the preferences of the many without the need to for users to spend time and energy with lua, if they don't want to. It also accommodates the jobs that can play various roles such as a RDM that may want to use the WHM display for cures or debuffs when they aren't slicing stuff up.

And no, I haven't forgotten about subjobs. I will get there eventually!

Bonus! WHM HP% display is just about done.

• Divine Caress added.
• MP display added.
 Shiva.Paulu
By Shiva.Paulu 2019-03-15 21:58:15
Link | Citer | R

•Shihei support added. Will track the "Copy Image" 4+ through single, as well.

•Font support added.

Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2019-03-16 07:26:47
Link | Citer | R

For SMN, track:
Favor up
Favor potency
Apogee up
Mana cede up
Elemental siphon up
Convert up
Gearset
Pet HP & TP
rage/ward up timers
By Aerison 2019-03-16 11:32:19
Link | Citer | R

Tracking GEO spell timers would be nice.
 Shiva.Paulu
By Shiva.Paulu 2019-03-16 14:59:09
Link | Citer | R

• Ammo Counter added.
Displays the name of the equipped Ammunition if there is one equipped.
Otherwise Displays 'Ammo: None'.
Blue/Yellow/Red warning ranges as ammo counts down from 99 to 20 to 5 to 0.

I've started with subjob tracking, Berserk, Sambas, Last Resort etc.

• Samba Tracking Added.
Displays the name of the currently active Samba and symbolically tracks recast of the 'Samba' ability category.

Thanks to the need of a Shihei/Ammo counter:
• NIN display is complete.
Sports an inverse Yonin/Innin display.

Shiva.Paulu
By Shiva.Paulu 2019-03-18 21:09:56
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Frod said: »
For SMN, track:
Favor up
Favor potency
Apogee up
Mana cede up
Elemental siphon up
Convert up
Gearset
Pet HP & TP
rage/ward up timers
Just about handled all of these however...
Favor Potency - I am having difficulty sorting this out. I can track player's current SMN magic skill, time the avatar has been summoned, if AF3/AF3+1 head is equipped, and then math it out using the chart on BG wiki however I don't know how to quantify "Using a Blood Pact will "charge" the current potency of Favor."

Do we have any information on how much that charges per MP used?
By Kainrostecello 2019-03-18 22:07:25
Link | Citer | R

For Dancer:

Total number of Finishing Moves (icon only counts to 5, but we can have 9)

Presto available
Current step levels on current target

Flourishes I, II, and III available
Building Flourish level (1, 2, or 3 based on FM’s used)
Climactic Flourish number of critical hits remaining

Before the January update I would have said Waltz available, but with the timers now split it’s no longer an issue

Sambas available & status

Jigs not important

Saber Dance current double attack rate
(Starts at 50% and decays at 1% per second to a floor of 20% after 30 seconds)

Fan Dance current physical damage reduction
(Starts at 90% and reduces by 10% every time the dancer is hit to a floor of 20%)

My goodness Dancer has a lot to track, if you had all this you would be a hero.
By hobo 2019-03-19 02:06:56
Link | Citer | R

Kainrostecello said: »
For Dancer:

Dancer almost has too much stuff if you go for everything when it is main job, I would be more selective to start. If you track everything then the tool become less useful because you cant find the important stuff as fast.

Current step level I would put at iffy since 2 presto cap it. A timer would benefit you more with time since last of each type of step.

Presto seems like a waste since it is such a short cd you can have it every other step.

Sambas available? seems more like a yes/no and whats active, not what is available. As was shown already

Flourishes, yes please
 Asura.Shaedhen
user: Shadowwww
By Asura.Shaedhen 2019-03-19 03:01:59
Link | Citer | R

This looks great ! Keep up the good work :)
By DianC 2019-03-19 17:13:12
Link | Citer | R

indeed looks great. Thanks alot.

As for job suggestions, beside the standard 'what's available' on MNK, an impetus stack count / hit count would be invaluable imo.

There's a gearswap lua around that already has alot of the tracking code, however the output is super spammy in chatlog. I can provide the lua if that would help.
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2019-03-19 17:44:45
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Paulu said: »
Asura.Frod said: »
For SMN, track:
Favor up
Favor potency
Apogee up
Mana cede up
Elemental siphon up
Convert up
Gearset
Pet HP & TP
rage/ward up timers
Just about handled all of these however...
Favor Potency - I am having difficulty sorting this out. I can track player's current SMN magic skill, time the avatar has been summoned, if AF3/AF3+1 head is equipped, and then math it out using the chart on BG wiki however I don't know how to quantify "Using a Blood Pact will "charge" the current potency of Favor."

Do we have any information on how much that charges per MP used?

as far as i know it hasn't been quantified, the only ways i know would be to base it off of the trackable favor bonuses. Other than that i could test it on easy to track avatars like carbuncle or titan. Papesse or Pergatory might know more tho.
 Shiva.Paulu
By Shiva.Paulu 2019-03-19 17:56:49
Link | Citer | R

Please do. Anything involving dissecting packets is currently outside my skillset which means those request are on the back burner until I invest the time to learn more. Any collaboration is welcome. I can integrate functions and it make as simple as marking a setting in the settings file for the end user to toggle on the display of said functionality. The only thing that will be input driven will be set tracking or custom information tracking(Like my Geo example). The rest will be options that can be preset.

My current version has my own display as default.(Hence my asking the public what should be default).

It will also have a plug and play style selection of possible displays in whichever column you want them in.

EX) What do you want in slot1, slot2, now through slot10. Empty slots are allowed for intentional spacing.
TP/MP/JA/Spell/Pet/Sambas/Buffs/ammo/shihei/SubJobJA?

In-between establishing a default display for each job I've been slowly building up this library of custom display options.
 Shiva.Paulu
By Shiva.Paulu 2019-03-19 22:25:02
Link | Citer | R

• RDM completed.
• Visual Buff Tracking option added.
• Changed Darkness element color to standout from Grey/Inactive color.
• Changed Light element color to standout from White/base color.
- Altered 'Stone' color to stand out from 'Light'

•SMN - Completed -- Not to Frod's standards but it'll be a start :)
- Pettp is also handled via Packets. Will need to circle around to that.
YouTube Video Placeholder

Edit: I just noticed I was /blm in the video. There is a subjob option set that will change the Elemental Seal to Divine Seal or Convert respective of what my subjob is set to for that column. Multiple subjobs have been accounted for so far. If I were to /nin it would change to the Shihei counter for that Wrathhare feeling <3
By DianC 2019-03-20 01:51:26
Link | Citer | R

This would be the Impetus-Tracking code section. I don't know jack about coding so I hope I got all the relevant stuff.
Code
-- Keep track of the current hit count while Impetus is up.
function on_action_for_impetus(action)
    if state.Buff.Impetus then
        -- count melee hits by player
        if action.actor_id == player.id then
            if action.category == 1 then
                for _,target in pairs(action.targets) do
                    for _,action in pairs(target.actions) do
                        -- Reactions (bitset):
                        -- 1 = evade
                        -- 2 = parry
                        -- 4 = block/guard
                        -- 8 = hit
                        -- 16 = JA/weaponskill?
                        -- If action.reaction has bits 1 or 2 set, it missed or was parried. Reset count.
                        if (action.reaction % 4) > 0 then
                            info.impetus_hit_count = 0
                        else
                            info.impetus_hit_count = info.impetus_hit_count + 1
                        end
                    end
                end
            elseif action.category == 3 then
                -- Missed weaponskill hits will reset the counter.  Can we tell?
                -- Reaction always seems to be 24 (what does this value mean? 8=hit, 16=?)
                -- Can't tell if any hits were missed, so have to assume all hit.
                -- Increment by the minimum number of weaponskill hits: 2.
                        -- This will only be if the entire weaponskill missed or was parried.
                        if (action.reaction % 4) > 0 then
                        else
                            info.impetus_hit_count = info.impetus_hit_count + 2
                        end
                    end
                end
            end
        elseif action.actor_id ~= player.id and action.category == 1 then
            -- If mob hits the player, check for counters.
                if target.id == player.id then
                        -- Spike effect animation:
                        -- 63 = counter
                        -- ?? = missed counter
                        if action.has_spike_effect then
                            -- spike_effect_message of 592 == missed counter
                            if action.spike_effect_message == 592 then
                            elseif action.spike_effect_animation == 63 then
                                info.impetus_hit_count = info.impetus_hit_count + 1
                            end
                        end
                    end
                end
            end
        end

add_to_chat(123,'Current Impetus hit count = ' .. tostring(info.impetus_hit_count))
    else
    end

end
 Bismarck.Xurion
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2019-03-20 04:01:16
Link | Citer | R

So where's the download?
 Shiva.Devastation
By Shiva.Devastation 2019-03-20 04:09:42
Link | Citer | R

Isn't Timers the same idea?
 Shiva.Paulu
By Shiva.Paulu 2019-03-20 07:09:42
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Xurion said: »
So where's the download?
I think it'll be about another week until I have this where I want. Then I share, collect feedback, fix bugs, add suggestions, and then finally look into adding this into Windower.

Shiva.Devastation said: »
I was expecting this to be said sooner. Yes it could considered something similar to Timers. The original concept was to track my current set which has nothing to do with abilities or spells. Yes abilities, buffs, and spells can be tracked, but it's also allowing the player to track a larger variety of subjects in an alternative style.

I still use timers myself but found static positions to track my core JA to be easier for me than trying to extract an idea of when something was going to be ready from a dynamic vertical list. It also fits nicely at the top or bottom of the screen.
By Pechvarry 2019-03-20 11:18:52
Link | Citer | R

DianC said: »
This would be the Impetus-Tracking code section. I don't know jack about coding so I hope I got all the relevant stuff.

Nice. All you need to replace is this line:
Code
add_to_chat(123,'Current Impetus hit count = ' .. tostring(info.impetus_hit_count))

...to remove the chat log spam and hook it a tracker.

- Pettp is also handled via Packets. Will need to circle around to that.
I would strongly urge you not to worry about this, since we already have PetTP plugins and I think even an official command to see it now.
You have a great thing going, here, so I don't want to see it get lost in feature accretion.
 Bismarck.Xurion
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2019-03-20 12:34:56
Link | Citer | R

So where's the download?
I think it'll be about another week until I have this where I want. Then I share, collect feedback, fix bugs, add suggestions, and then finally look into adding this into Windower.
Looking forward to it :3

Edit: Public beta testing will almost always show you things you don't expect. Consider a phase(phases?) of this before the jump to the Windower/Lua repo.
By SimonSes 2019-03-20 13:45:46
Link | Citer | R

Can we even track Impetus stacks, when missed hit in WS can reset them and afaik we can't tell if some hit was missed?
 Shiva.Devastation
By Shiva.Devastation 2019-03-20 14:52:27
Link | Citer | R

So where's the download?

Shiva.Devastation said: »
I was expecting this to be said sooner. Yes it could considered something similar to Timers. The original concept was to track my current set which has nothing to do with abilities or spells. Yes abilities, buffs, and spells can be tracked, but it's also allowing the player to track a larger variety of subjects in an alternative style.

I still use timers myself but found static positions to track my core JA to be easier for me than trying to extract an idea of when something was going to be ready from a dynamic vertical list. It also fits nicely at the top or bottom of the screen.

I didn't want to say anything at first. You seemed to be having a blast creating your addon. I found the Shihei Counter interesting, but don't you find it redundant with "Haste Samba: O" when the animation should be on your screen or the status icon on the top left?
 Asura.Inuyushi
user: Inuyushi
By Asura.Inuyushi 2019-03-20 15:03:06
Link | Citer | R

The advantage this addon has over the status bar at the top of the screen is that this will always be in the same spot for easy reference. The status bar can get so congested with other, sometimes similar looking, icons that it's hard to easily and quickly glance through to see what's missing. While this is similar, it's better and customizable. You can put it where your eyes are drawn to the most.

Can't wait to try it out myself!
[+]
By Manilladoom 2019-03-20 15:59:31
Link | Citer | R

@Devastation: It is a good visual reminder for the forgetful ones in the group too :)

@OP: does it do subjob JAs?
 Shiva.Paulu
By Shiva.Paulu 2019-03-20 21:46:39
Link | Citer | R

@Manilladoom: It can. My default Subjob JA tracker will do 1 'main' JA for the subjob. If that's not enough then you will be able to easily add ANY JA you want so long as Windower has it on the resource list.

Subs:
SAM - Tracks Hasso/Seigan in the same column. Defaults to Seigan if Hasso is down. Changes to Third Eye when Third Eye is active.(for the auto-pilot warrior on the go)
DNC - Samba tracker
BLM/RDM/WHM - ES, Convert, and DS.
NIN - Shihei counter
SMN - BP Ward for mewing spam
DRG - High Jump
RNG - Sharpshot
MNK - Focus
THF - SA
COR - Phantom Roll
GEO - Collimated Fervor ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
PUP/BST - Pet Display Name & HP% (when a pet is active)
RUN - Vallation
BLU - Defense Bonus buff tracker -- For Cocoon (It wears off so fast or I'm just really lazy, or both.)
WAR - Berserk
SCH - Stratagem Counter (accounts for max level sub and max level main(with or without JP gifts)
PLD - Sentinel

The only one that will be blank is if you sub BRD. Nothing worth tracking I could come up with on my own.
First Page 2 3