Job Points

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Job points
Job points
By sefalon 2019-02-20 21:32:17
Link | Citer | R

As a returning player I was a little overwhelmed by how much leveling I seem to need with job points. Is there a efficient way to get the capacity points needed since I don’t see many xp parties anymore?
 Fenrir.Niflheim
VIP
Serveur: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Tesahade
By Fenrir.Niflheim 2019-02-20 21:51:21
Link | Citer | R

Depending how long your break was, you want to get all your missions and quest lines finished then get the RoE bonus to CP for doing so.
There are also capes that give you CP bonus.

After getting all that done, there are some places you can solo(with trusts) usually in the SoA "gate" zones against Apex mobs. It wont be the fastest but its a decent rate.

There are faster method if you have some BLU friends
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2019-02-20 21:51:35
Link | Citer | R

nowadays its "CP Parties". They take place pretty much exclusively on mobs in XP-style parties that are known by the tag "Apex" (such as Apex Bat, Apex Crab, etc). They function in the exact same manner as old EX parties with all the varying flavors: DD burn, SC-burst, and the like.

Camps for these mobs are in the zones connected to the Secrets of Adoulin expansion, and aren't the easiest to reach at times, especially for a new player. Getting your outpost warps will help tremendously. Outside of the Apex mobs in Inner Ra'kaznar, most Apex mobs are similar in accuracy requirements (Inner are of a slightly higher level)

Unlike meriting back in the day, there are more solo options available for earning CP (Job points), of course not as fast, but manageable enough to where you can feel like you've at least done better than sitting on a stool in Mhaura for 2 hours and accomplished something. You can earn "ok" beginner CP solo (with trusts) in Reisenjima, and thus be accomplishing multiple goals at once- building CP, building Eschan Silt, getting kills that count towards "Total Kills" Vorseals. Again, not the fastest CP, but for a beginner/returner, its a good way to multitask.
By Draylo 2019-02-20 21:54:05
Link | Citer | R

They give CP through BCNMs now. Not that its a good method for farming CP, but if you're returning I'm sure you'll need chapters. Do the higher tier fights on the job you want the CP for. Also try and do some Incursion for a CP cape, can get an extra 40~50% there.

The best way is to create a party for CP, most of the shouts are exclusive and stupid like "CP Party, Master idris geo wanted 5/6" so you'll be better off making your own. AoEing or just duoing with a friend can make it go by faster.
By Jetackuu 2019-02-20 21:57:42
Link | Citer | R

I've almost mastered a job from leeching events and doing gainxp. I'll have it mastered next week for sure, I have problems...
By sefalon 2019-02-20 22:01:17
Link | Citer | R

Well I am a blue mage and convinced my brother to come back and we are working on his blue mage as well. I assume blue mage Aoe magic kills like we used to do In abyssea?
By snakeplisken 2019-02-20 22:31:29
Link | Citer | R

For apex mobs as blu you should DD style. CDC and Savage blade ws are a must. Build blu spells around DD and you and your friend can SC off each other. AOE spells are more for gainz type of cp which is slower but during gainz you get alot more gilz. As blu you should really build for both anyway. Enjoy the ride, cuz its not a short one :D
 Lakshmi.Zingus
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: zingus
By Lakshmi.Zingus 2019-02-28 13:58:45
Link | Citer | R

sefalon said: »
Well I am a blue mage and convinced my brother to come back and we are working on his blue mage as well. I assume blue mage Aoe magic kills like we used to do In abyssea?

There is an area in Escha-Zi'Tah with Puks and Dragons that are level ~110 that you can round up and do an AOE magic burn on them. I do it old school Abyssea sometimes with my WAR and cleave. The problem is the area is sometimes (during GE) overcamped so it is not worth the trouble
 Siren.Mosin
Serveur: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2019-02-28 14:11:45
Link | Citer | R

in RoE there is a section for reives that gives like a 10-15% bonus if I recall correctly.

here read this page you goofball.
 Bismarck.Casnik
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Casnik
By Bismarck.Casnik 2019-02-28 14:14:50
Link | Citer | R

Where do you recommend? Not bats right? something lower?
 Siren.Mosin
Serveur: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2019-02-28 14:16:02
Link | Citer | R

crawlers in moh gates are pretty easy. there are apex crabs somewhere or the other too.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2019-02-28 15:42:29
Link | Citer | R

Here's another page for goofballs
[+]