Phoenix.Capuchin
Serveur: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2023-02-25 00:10:09
Link | Citer | R

Izanami said: »
I'm seeing the following:

Blistering Sallet +1 seems... strange. Feels like maybe your code is not properly accounting for Meghanada +2's Dead Aim +12 (i.e., crit dmg +12%)?

Meg +2: STR+27 DEX+33 Racc+48 Ratk+44 Dead Aim+12
Blistering+1 r15: STR+41 DEX+41 Crit rate+10% (and notably, 0 Racc/Ratk)
By Vaerix 2023-02-25 00:22:12
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
Izanami said: »
I'm seeing the following:

Blistering Sallet +1 seems... strange. Feels like maybe your code is not properly accounting for Meghanada +2's Dead Aim +12 (i.e., crit dmg +12%)?

Meg +2: STR+27 DEX+33 Racc+48 Ratk+44 Dead Aim+12
Blistering+1 r15: STR+41 DEX+41 Crit rate+10% (and notably, 0 Racc/Ratk)

Dead aim doesn't apply to weapon skills, so blistering should win out handedly.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2023-02-25 00:37:19
Link | Citer | R

Vaerix said: »
Dead aim doesn't apply to weapon skills, so blistering should win out handedly.

Ahhhhh that would explain things. Thanks for that, I didn't realize it!
[+]
By Vaerix 2023-02-25 02:16:51
Link | Citer | R

Nehot said: »
Nehot said: »
I will link my sets this evening after work, I dont recall having any Meg in my jish set anymore but I could be wrong. An interesting note is that while testing Jish on the Apex Cogs I landed a 72k. I did this only once and not sure how as the rest of my tests were around 50-60k, around 30+ WS's fully buffed. As for midshot its pretty standard, but will link anyway.

Jishnu's
ItemSet 390019

Midshot
ItemSet 390024

Midshot AM3
ItemSet 390021

Midshot AM3 Attack Cap (PDL)
ItemSet 390022

Weapons are normally geleti's knife and shield when I am going for white damage or Jishnu's, otherwise its the Perun +1. Ikengi's is R30 and I have not done Arebati v25 yet but this is what I will use for the fight, if anyone has any suggestions please let me know (outside that dam JSE earring +2) and before anyone says Oneiros Knife, I like the extra crit chance and dex off the knife for Jishnu's

So I was looking at my jishnu set and the biggest difference I have from yours is I opt for fotia neck over rng neck (don't seem to be hitting pdif even with max buffs vs Arebati v25) 5% extra damage on all 3 hits should be the winner unless you're guaranteed pdif.
By SimonSes 2023-02-25 11:56:16
Link | Citer | R

Isn't Oneiros knife better? It's 10% critical hit damage against Gleti's 5% crit rate and 15dex and 15 dex is less than +2% damage.
 Asura.Zacheus
Serveur: Asura
user: Zacheus
By Asura.Zacheus 2023-02-25 12:00:03
Link | Citer | R

How much of a difference do Chrono Arrows make over Artemis Arrows? IF using Gandiva, are they absolutely essential on something like v25 Arebati?
By SimonSes 2023-02-25 13:00:57
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Zacheus said: »
How much of a difference do Chrono Arrows make over Artemis Arrows? IF using Gandiva, are they absolutely essential on something like v25 Arebati?

I dont think it would be big enough difference. With capped attack it would be ~2.2% or less for white damage and ~1% for Jishnu, so overall less than 2%. Assuming you would do like 3M damage, it would probably like one attack round and WS difference during entire fight. Less if you are not attack capped.
[+]
By Vaerix 2023-02-26 00:57:56
Link | Citer | R

SimonSes said: »
Isn't Oneiros knife better? It's 10% critical hit damage against Gleti's 5% crit rate and 15dex and 15 dex is less than +2% damage.

Nehot had said previously its his personal preference.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Dexprozius
By Asura.Dexprozius 2023-03-06 04:53:53
Link | Citer | R

Anyone willing to share their modern lua? I'm kinda hoping to see one with toggles for Ra Crit, Ra Acc, etc. Also all the different tiers of pre-shot via checking perun/gastra + buffs.
 Asura.Melliny
user: melphina
By Asura.Melliny 2023-03-06 12:40:56
Link | Citer | R

Is Mummu Wrists +2 really still the best option for a Gandiva aftermath midshot set? Why is nobody using amini +3 in that slot? I get that Mummu has 6% crit rate, but Amini glovelettes +3 has such better stats overall. Comparing the two

Mummu Wrists +2

16 Str and 6% crit rate versus

Amini Glovelettes +3

28 Str, 62 Ratk, 38 Archery skill, sTP +11, -11 DT

Even if you're not getting hit and the -DT isn't relevant that's a difference of 12 str, 112 ranged attack, and 11 sTP. That feels like it should be worth the tradeoff to me.

ItemSet 390339

I also use the same mid shot cape as I do for jishnu's. Cape augs are crit rate 10%, strength +30, ratk/racc +20, -PDT -10.
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2023-03-06 18:00:31
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Aomadoushi said: »
Wanted to know if these 2 builds were best for midshot assuming no Cor and double shot is down and not bothering with using Malevolence. According to FFXI calculator I need exactly 100 STP for a 3 hit build but if the Arcadian Beret procs then I only need 71 STP to maintain the 3 hit build. Cape is 10 STP for both builds and also using Pork Cutlet Rice Bowl +1. I can ditch the +1 rice bowl and just use the nq rice bowl on the dual wield build and still get away with the x-hit.

If I am attack capped for some reason I can use the Gyudon/+1 food and switch the Odr Earring for the Telos Earring or switch the Begrudging Ring for the Ilabrat Ring on the no dual wield build and just switch the Begrudging Ring for the Ilabrat Ring with the dual wield build to get back the STP. I don't really own the +2 Amini earring but it can get up to 8 crit so. Thanks.

No dual wield:

ItemSet 390307

Dual wield:

ItemSet 390308

Its VERY difficult for a RNG to hit attack cap on real content (not farming exemplar points) without a Corsair+GEO. We get a lot of natural +PDL traits as well as more +PDL gear than we could ever fully utilize at the same time, raising the amount of +ratk needed to reach that mythical attack cap.

In addition, since your posted sets include the Annihilator, I would highly suggest considering the Gleti's knife as an offhand over the Ternion+1. +15 to both AGI and DEX really helps, considering Coronach is the only Marksmanship WS that doesn't have a 100% AGI modifier, and you gain some crit% for midshot moments. I even now use it mainhand in single wield situations if I'm getting Flurry (like using Annihilator in Gaol fights such as Arebati and Xevioso) over the Perun+1.

Lastly, I find I get better returns in low buff situations focusing on +ratk over +crit% for Annihilator. Armageddon/Gandiva I do focus more on the +crit%. But that being said, my Anni Aftermath TP sets use the Empyrean+3 body during 100% shooting situations (read: I can use Velocity Shot). The +ratk under Velocity Shot with that piece is massive, and that means a boost to every shot, not just the % that crit. In this same vein, look at Ikenga in every slot you'd consider using Malignance to improve your white dmg. Malignance is amazing, no doubt- but it is completely devoid of +atk/ratk, whereas the Ikenga set sports almost identical +STP and +racc, with -enmity and +ratk.

EDIT: I have completely stopped worrying about x-hit builds on RNG if using an Empyrean weapon or Annihilator. I do still use builds focused on STP for Fomalhaut and Gastraphetes, but the focus on TP-phase dmg has really helped me in underbuffed situations- and I find myself in those moments a hell of a lot more than attack cap.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [61 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Essylt
user: quro
By Asura.Essylt 2023-05-06 07:52:48
Link | Citer | R

What would a BIS Jishnu's set look like these days? I have all the pieces for the one listed in the guide, but I assume at least some of those have been superseded with Ody gear by now.
 Odin.Demhar
Serveur: Odin
user: Demhar
By Odin.Demhar 2023-05-10 12:34:53
Link | Citer | R

Interesting how they gave prime gun crit15% and bow stp+10...
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2023-05-10 12:38:55
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Demhar said: »
Interesting how they gave prime gun crit15% and bow stp+10...

not to mention how in the hell are we gonna use even a fraction of the +PDL we get, so SE just gives us more.

Will keep quiet with my bitching til I see one actually in action (the base stats on all these weapons are just grotesque), but I've always appreciated when legendary weapons have unique aspects, not just be super strong beatsticks.
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2023-05-10 14:08:40
Link | Citer | R

The damage/delay on that bow is pretty gross. Plus it gets STR. Fingers Crossed.

At least the Empy body loves us.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2023-05-10 14:36:46
Link | Citer | R

Bayeux Bullet DMG:315 Delay:240 DEX+20 AGI+20 Ranged Accuracy+30 Enmity-50

That thing is disgusting. Capped enmity reduction, best DMG and Racc on a REMA-P bullet, has attribute stats ON THE BULLET.

Armageddon just got a lot stronger, with better Trueflights to boot. I'm honestly more pumped to play with those + my beloved Arma than I am about the actual prime weapons.

Chrono Bullet moves down to B tier lol, just has Ratk going for it now. Capped Enm- Fomalhaut is nice too (especially for COR, but cool for RNG).

To stick them all here for comparison:
Chrono Bullet:
DMG:300 Delay:240 Ranged Accuracy+20 Ranged Attack+20

Devastating Bullet:
DMG:277 Delay:240 Ranged Accuracy+35 Magic Accuracy+35

Eradicating Bullet:
DMG:289 Delay:240 Ranged Accuracy+30 Ranged Attack+30

Living Bullet (COR only, but for comparison's sake):
DMG:245 Delay:240 Magic Accuracy+25 "Magic Atk. Bonus"+35
 Asura.Melliny
By Asura.Melliny 2023-05-10 14:42:35
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Armageddon just got a lot stronger

No it didn't. Take a look again. The bullet and arrow are rare/ex. They're unlimited shot ammo....which makes them worthless. They may as well not even exist.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2023-05-10 14:45:04
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Melliny said: »
Quote:
Armageddon just got a lot stronger

No it didn't. Take a look again. The bullet and arrow are rare/ex. They're unlimited shot ammo....which makes them worthless. They may as well not even exist.

Gahhhhhhh noooooooooooooooooooooooo

That's super weird to not see a R/E ammo waist or an ultimate-weapon class bullet though. I am crossing my fingers and toes that the R/E tag is not accurate?
 Leviathan.Boposhopo
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Boposhopo
By Leviathan.Boposhopo 2023-05-10 14:50:26
Link | Citer | R

The Gun has "Scavenge: Prime Bullets" on it. Either it's a mistranslation for dispense, or you really do have to scavenge for them. Either way it's a different named item, which doesn't appear to have been pulled from the .dats at all, so who knows about the bullets atm.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2023-05-10 14:56:56
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Boposhopo said: »
The Gun has "Scavenge: Prime Bullets" on it. Either it's a mistranslation for dispense, or you really do have to scavenge for them. Either way it's a different named item, which doesn't appear to have been pulled from the .dats at all, so who knows about the bullets atm.

Maybe they just forgot lol. I could see:

June update - adds the ability to trade final stage Prime gun/bow to a gobbie to get a Prime bullet/arrow dispensing waist.
 Asura.Melliny
By Asura.Melliny 2023-05-10 14:57:17
Link | Citer | R

They're rare/ex so you'll only scavenge 1 at a time. But it's completely moot because corsair doesn't get unlimited shot and ranger has no use for it. The difference between chrono bullets or arrows versus the new ones isn't THAT big that you'd ever wanna bother with unlimited shot. Just use double shot and be done with it. Unlimited shot is ranger's version of assassin's charge or warrior's charge. All three of them are abilities that were of limited use in the level 75 era, but with the way gear and stats have scaled since then there's no point in them existing anymore.
By Seun 2023-05-10 15:18:54
Link | Citer | R

If having the gun equipped guarantees that you scavenge the bullet, why would you bother with unlimited shot anyway? Just fire the bullet and scavenge another?

When unlimited shot was a thing, people still fired off their PPA and effectively made it useless anyway. Now you still get the effect of unlimited shot, but you need to actively scavenge for it.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2023-05-10 15:19:08
Link | Citer | R

RNG doesn't get Unlimited Shot either. Idk if you've tried it lately, but they patched it a while back so that if you attempt to use the ability your Moogle teleports to you from the mog house, puts a hand on your shoulder, and says "Greetings master, are you an idiot? No, no, no, kupo!" and then you just get the Double Shot effect instead.
[+]
 Asura.Melliny
By Asura.Melliny 2023-05-10 15:40:02
Link | Citer | R

Double shot shares a recast timer with unlimited shot. I guess it's been so long since it's been talked about that people have forgotten that. You never use unlimited hot. Ever. And there's no point scavenging a single shot ammo for a weaponskill with the rate we go through our rotation. If you're shooting and weaponskilling you really dont care about that miniscule stat difference for one weaponskill. Not in this day and age.
By Foxfire 2023-05-10 15:47:52
Link | Citer | R

scavenge is on a 3min recast, so even if you were going to the trouble of popping a new one you'd likely be expending it faster than you'd be getting it back so at that point why would you even bother trying to switch into it in the long run?

it's not like animikii or hauksbok bullet that has use with quick draw

idk. hopefully the actual may 24 update brings more context to the weapons/ammo.
By Seun 2023-05-10 16:25:27
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Melliny said: »
If you're shooting and weaponskilling you really dont care about that miniscule stat difference for one weaponskill. Not in this day and age.

The bulk of this forum is people arguing about minor stat increases so I'd have to disagree.

I like the idea of having the option to scavenge and apply the effect of the ammo to the next WS. Scavenge is replacing unlimited shot here. You use scavenge and equip the ammo instead of unlimited shot.

Does this ammo really look like full-time ammo to you guys and gals and theys?
 Odin.Demhar
Serveur: Odin
user: Demhar
By Odin.Demhar 2023-05-10 16:34:03
Link | Citer | R

If it is scavenge and not dispenses, you could tp in chrono bullets I guess and use the new single hit WS with the Bayeux Bullet fingers crossed for recycle proc...but lets find out more about it before jumping into conclusions
By Seun 2023-05-10 16:44:00
Link | Citer | R

It's all speculation until it's not, but I think this was the intent here.

Having been a RNG in 'those days' when we actually used Unlimited Shot with rare and hard to obtain ammo, we wished that scavenge would replace the PPA we mistakenly fired off. Even if it's tied to the weapon, forcing scavenge to be useful is welcome to me.
By Foxfire 2023-05-10 16:53:06
Link | Citer | R

shoutout to posi for checking this for me, but the japanese text for the gun is:

D162 隔582 DEX+35 AGI+35
飛命+35 魔命+35 射撃スキル+277
クリティカルヒット+15%
スカベンジ:ベヨーブレット
ジ・エンド
アフターマス:物理ダメージ上限+

fourth line does indeed say scavenge (スカベンジ / sukabenji)
it also says bayeux bullet and not "prime bullet"

oh also second line does say ranged acc and magic acc, if anyone was curious. it's not melee acc.

forcing scavenge to be useful is great and all but again how does this work for cor
are they just ***out of luck or what
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 94 95 96 ... 97 98 99