First Page 2 3 ... 83 84 85 ... 97 98 99
 Bahamut.Xeones
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Xeones
By Bahamut.Xeones 2022-04-30 03:56:17
Link | Citer | R

Thank you, SO Much, this is extremely helpful

Going to get Fomul for bullets, and if im reading all of that correctly, armada is the better option.

Arma with am3 up, spam last stand with chrono bullets? (this being best physical option) Which i take it makes fomulhaut only good for the bullets, and NOT to be r15'd or used for last stand itself correct?
[+]
 Asura.Essylt
Serveur: Asura
user: quro
By Asura.Essylt 2022-04-30 05:52:30
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Xeones said: »
fomulhaut only good for the bullets
In my experience Fomalhaut performs better that Armageddon for Last Stand purposes in low buff situations (not even counting skillchain damage).
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2022-04-30 14:41:11
Link | Citer | R

In all honesty, it would be nice if they changed Jishnus Radiance, to be Thunder-based magic damage, with the increased ability to als magic crit at a higher rate. It would give a bow a good magic WS to use
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2022-04-30 15:42:36
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Essylt said: »
Bahamut.Xeones said: »
fomulhaut only good for the bullets
In my experience Fomalhaut performs better that Armageddon for Last Stand purposes in low buff situations (not even counting skillchain damage).

What do you mean "performs better"? For Last Stand damage alone, sure. But for overall DPS, in nearly any situation where Last Stand is viable, you should also be able to put out very strong Armageddon white damage to the point where that exceeds Fomalhaut's advantage in WS numbers.

Maybe not true in a really short fight where Arma doesn't have time to get enough Hover-enhanced /ra shots, so if you're doing a real zerg, or heavily SC based fight Fomal might be the better call (e.g, on RNG in Omen, I'd switch to Fomal near the end of Ou to do Last Stand/Radiance for the final push). But the significant majority of the time I find Arma (& Chrono Bullets) beating Fomalhaut for physical-oriented situations in total DPS.

And on longer fights, Arma is also safer... I can pop Camouflage for some AM3 crits while cooling off my enmity, Decoy Shot works better with strong /ra damage, if Wildfire does decent damage you can toss a couple of those in for low enm- WS purposes, etc. It's no Annihilator when it comes to enmity management, but IMO Arma is the clear #2. I usually feel a little uncomfortable going all out with Fomalhaut due to hate control. Ikenga does help that a bit, but Last Stand spamming is still a great way to get the mob's attention.

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
In all honesty, it would be nice if they changed Jishnus Radiance, to be Thunder-based magic damage, with the increased ability to als magic crit at a higher rate. It would give a bow a good magic WS to use

My immediate reaction was to like this idea, and it's an interesting thought, but... is that really a huge difference? Bow already has Flaming Arrow in the niche of magical WS (and Fire/Thunder are both on the Light side of the spectrum), and then you'd be losing Gandiva's best physical WS and actually hurting the weapon's best current niche. I guess it's true that Empy augments giving an additional bonus to associated WS, and potential better fTP for a changed Jishnu, would make Jishnu the somewhat better magical alternative to FA, but... then we're back to the question of why not just use marksmanship and Trueflight (or Wildfire) instead?

If anything, one of the most significant things RNG really lacks is a good darkness-based magical WS (on the physical side, Coronach darkness is sometimes a pretty handy use for Annihilator). That would be a real differentiator between Archery and Marksmanship if they ever made a magical/darkness archery WS. Though IDK if they would ever do that, since there's currently a bit of balance with COR having darkness and RNG having light. But if either of the two jobs deserves to have both, it's the one that doesn't also have strong party buffs...

I'm not super familiar with Fail-Not (gonna grab one next time I do an Aeonic though), but IMO it seems like one current viable niche use for Bow could be to take advantage of Apex Arrow's "ignores target's defense", when fighting high defense targets where you need physical damage. Marksmanship doesn't really have a great equivalent for that (just Split Shot).
[+]
 Valefor.Furyspawn
Serveur: Valefor
user: Furyspawn
By Valefor.Furyspawn 2022-04-30 16:26:08
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »

If they were going to change anything, it would be nice if they swapped the DEX and AGI bonuses on Gandiva/Kannagi and the mods on the associated weapon skills. I'm not convinced it wasn't a mistake that was never fixed.
[+]
 Asura.Cordyfox
user: Cordyfox
By Asura.Cordyfox 2022-04-30 20:13:07
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Furyspawn said: »
If they were going to change anything, it would be nice if they swapped the DEX and AGI bonuses on Gandiva/Kannagi and the mods on the associated weapon skills. I'm not convinced it wasn't a mistake that was never fixed.

It's definitely not a mistake. Jishnu's Radiance is ranged Chant du Cygne.
 Asura.Essylt
user: quro
By Asura.Essylt 2022-04-30 20:19:21
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
What do you mean "performs better"?
I mean that I do more damage with it. The specific situation I had in mind was Arebati RP farm. I usually have very little to no buffs in that scenario and I can push the NM to 80% or so much faster with Fomalhaut than Armageddon. In a full-buff situation where we are going for a kill and I have more time to build stacks, Armageddon wins by a significant margin, of course.
 Valefor.Furyspawn
By Valefor.Furyspawn 2022-04-30 21:25:38
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Cordyfox said: »

It's definitely not a mistake. Jishnu's Radiance is ranged Chant du Cygne.

Shouldn't it be using AGI then since that's used to calculate ranged critical hit rate versus DEX for melee crit rate?
By Nariont 2022-04-30 21:39:41
Link | Citer | R

May be remembering wrong but it used to be DEX for both ranged and melee crits and was later changed
 Bahamut.Greyfawkz
user: gymj1m
By Bahamut.Greyfawkz 2022-04-30 22:05:06
Link | Citer | R

Curious, what sets are you guys using when Doubleshot and AM3 are up for Armageddon?

I assume Oshosi hands, legs, then the normal AM3 set?
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2022-04-30 22:09:30
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Essylt said: »
What do you mean "performs better"?
I mean that I do more damage with it. The specific situation I had in mind was Arebati RP farm. I usually have very little to no buffs in that scenario and I can push the NM to 80% or so much faster with Fomalhaut than Armageddon. In a full-buff situation where we are going for a kill and I have more time to build stacks, Armageddon wins by a significant margin, of course.

Yeah, I agree that's a good use case for Fomalhaut: physical/Last Stand and a short fight. You're basically doing a zerg sprint to get the NM down enough to get points. And like you said... the longer a fight lasts, eventually Armageddon will overtake it. Fomalhaut is the racehorse who starts out in the lead with a sprint and then tries to hang on down the stretch as the competition catches up.

I'm not so sure whether or not you're fully buffed makes a big difference, I think it's just down to how long the fight lasts. If poorly buffed, I think that actually tends to mean Armageddon overtakes other options faster, since AM3 crits become an even more meaningful portion of your overall damage when you aren't as heavily buffed.

From another job I'm quite familiar with, the idea is the same as a NIN using Kannagi. Rarely the #1 DPS choice, but one situation where it is would be when you have weak buffs. The combination of Kannagi having relatively good white damage from melee crits, and weaker WS from all weapons means that's the best case for an AM3 crit build winning.
[EDIT: Good info below from Simon]
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2022-04-30 22:23:51
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Greyfawkz said: »
Curious, what sets are you guys using when Doubleshot and AM3 are up for Armageddon?

Head is the tough call for me. I'm currently running Oshosi +1 for DS+AM3 due to the combination of multishot rate and Double/Triple Shot dmg+... but not quite sure whether it might be better to use Meghanada +2.

Crit/AM3 non-Double Shot:
Head: Meg+2
Body: Nisroch Jerkin
Hands: Mummu +2
Legs: Darraigner's Brais
Feet: Oshosi +1

Crit/AM3 with Double Shot:
Head/Hands/Legs/Feet: Oshosi +1
Body: Relic +3

For accessories in both sets, I lean toward crits and generally use:
Neck: Scout's +2
Ears: Odr/Telos*
Rings: Mummu/Crepuscular*
Waist: K.Kachina +1
Back: Belenus AGI+30/Crit rate+10%

*I tend to default to Telos and Crepuscular for the combo of Racc/STP over a 100% crit focus, but you could change those up too. Most notably, Begrudging Ring - but TBH, I'd just use that for Crit/non-DS and I still prefer the STP when Double Shot is active.
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-05-01 02:33:56
Link | Citer | R

I'm not so sure whether or not you're fully buffed makes a big difference, I think it's just down to how long the fight lasts. If poorly buffed, I think that actually tends to mean Armageddon overtakes other options faster, since AM3 crits become an even more meaningful portion of your overall damage when you aren't as heavily buffed.

From another job I'm quite familiar with, the idea is the same as a NIN using Kannagi. Rarely the #1 DPS choice, but one situation where it is would be when you have weak buffs. The combination of Kannagi having relatively good white damage from melee crits, and weaker WS from all weapons means that's the best case for an AM3 crit build winning.

It doesn't work like that for ranged crits. Melee crits receive +1 pDIF, which can massively boost damage in low buffs scenario, because +1 pDIF is much bigger % boost for lets say 1.5 pDIF (low attack), than 4.0 pDIF (cap attack with some pdl).

Ranged crits receive x 1.25 multiplier, so the % boost for low attack scenario is exactly the same as for high attack one.

I wrote about it in thread explaining pdl.
[+]
By Vaerix 2022-05-01 19:38:16
Link | Citer | R

Head is the tough call for me. I'm currently running Oshosi +1 for DS+AM3 due to the combination of multishot rate and Double/Triple Shot dmg+... but not quite sure whether it might be better to use Meghanada +2.

Crit/AM3 non-Double Shot:
Head: Meg+2
Body: Nisroch Jerkin
Hands: Mummu +2
Legs: Darraigner's Brais
Feet: Oshosi +1

Crit/AM3 with Double Shot:
Head/Hands/Legs/Feet: Oshosi +1
Body: Relic +3

For accessories in both sets, I lean toward crits and generally use:
Neck: Scout's +2
Ears: Odr/Telos*
Rings: Mummu/Crepuscular*
Waist: K.Kachina +1
Back: Belenus AGI+30/Crit rate+10%

*I tend to default to Telos and Crepuscular for the combo of Racc/STP over a 100% crit focus, but you could change those up too. Most notably, Begrudging Ring - but TBH, I'd just use that for Crit/non-DS and I still prefer the STP when Double Shot is active.

I was looking at this recently and wanted to know which would actually make a difference for head/hands. So I did some math comparing Crit Hit Damage/Dead Aim vs Double Shot Damage to get an idea of how much 25% on second/third shot matter vs 12% on all shots for head.

Math For Simon to make sure I didn't mess up

Results (In terms of Damage Only based on Multipliers)

Conclusions I Draw from this:

Oshosi Gloves/Meg. Visor is hands down the worst combo you can choose for a Crit AM3/DS build if you have either Oshosi Head or Mummu Gloves you should be using those in any combination instead. 25% damage to 2/3 shots is pretty great on Relic Procs but on standard double shots it's a wash pretty much 12% on both vs 25% on one. At higher RA Values the differences become pretty significant I chose 1000 damage per ranged attack just for ease but in high buff situations I've seen Ranged attacks score 2500 without a crit with max stacks of Hover.

All of the options are pretty close together and depends on your luck with Triple Shot and where AM3 Lands, someone using Meg Mummu instead of investing in Oshosi+1 is still going to be doing great damage. The only real concession I see is losing the Double Shot Chance inherent on Oshosi, 11% is an extra 1 round out of 10, 1 out of 20 that picks up the AM3 proc on it.

Full Oshosi is probably the best choice because of the extra rounds of DS/TS.
[+]
 Valefor.Furyspawn
By Valefor.Furyspawn 2022-05-01 22:44:04
Link | Citer | R

How does the relic body +3 compare to Oshosi +1 in this situation?
By Vaerix 2022-05-02 02:17:34
Link | Citer | R

How does the relic body +3 compare to Oshosi +1 in this situation?

If you have relic body +3 it is best in slot, The triple shot proc alone wins but it also provides 11% double shot damage, and 5% double shot chance. Oshosi body wouldn't hold a candle to relic body during double shot.
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-05-02 14:04:13
Link | Citer | R

You know you can just use the sheet I made months (maybe years now?) ago :)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CC81eS5VTmXslD03m94DU_kF0uX6NkZRw_EzQh_LulE/edit?usp=sharing
By Vaerix 2022-05-02 18:13:56
Link | Citer | R

SimonSes said: »
You know you can just use the sheet I made months (maybe years now?) ago :)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CC81eS5VTmXslD03m94DU_kF0uX6NkZRw_EzQh_LulE/edit?usp=sharing

But that's someone else's hard work lol! Also didn't have this link till now, appreciate you as always!
 Bahamut.Greyfawkz
user: gymj1m
By Bahamut.Greyfawkz 2022-05-05 20:04:28
Link | Citer | R

Anyone know how to make gearswap use an Armageddon AM3 doubleshot set?

I thought I could just sets.buff['Double Shot'].AM, but it still prioritizes the doubleshot set without the ".AM"

I have the below function which I thought would pull the .AM tag, like it does with sets.midcast.ra.am:

function job_buff_change(buff, gain)
if player.equipment.Ranged and buff:contains('Aftermath') then
classes.CustomRangedGroups:clear()
if (player.equipment.Ranged == 'Armageddon' and buffactive['Aftermath: Lv.3']) then
classes.CustomRangedGroups:append('AM')
end
end

end
=========

Any tips would be appreciated.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-05-05 20:43:17
Link | Citer | R

Anyone know how to make gearswap use an Armageddon AM3 doubleshot set?

I thought I could just sets.buff['Double Shot'].AM, but it still prioritizes the doubleshot set without the ".AM"

I have the below function which I thought would pull the .AM tag, like it does with sets.midcast.ra.am:

function job_buff_change(buff, gain)
if player.equipment.Ranged and buff:contains('Aftermath') then
classes.CustomRangedGroups:clear()
if (player.equipment.Ranged == 'Armageddon' and buffactive['Aftermath: Lv.3']) then
classes.CustomRangedGroups:append('AM')
end
end

end
=========

Any tips would be appreciated.

My lua uses a tiering system for all preshot/midshot sets that factor in weapon, buff (barrage, doubleshot, aftermath), and accuracy tiers. An older version is on the OP of this thread, and a newer version (biggest change being addition of Odyssey gear, and a reconfiguring of acc tiers to simplify them and split the tiers for midshot and WS) is on the ColdDeadHands discord (not used these days, but still open and has some RNG and COR sources).

In my limited understanding of luas, there seems to be two ways to achieve what you want- the "wordier" version is how I do it, the cleaner version would use buff_active type language and I'm just not nearly good enough to do that on my own without help or a model :)

Best of luck!
[+]
By renalaa 2022-05-17 11:15:00
Link | Citer | R

So if I really wanted to hate my life absolutely - post all 5 rema's (relic gun, mythic crossbow, both empy gun+bow, aeonic gun) - How much damage do scout's bolts do? White damage and the holy damage procs. If its known/tested? I ask since I am just wanting to cry myself to sleep due to one of each medal+dark matter for 99 bolts :)
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2022-05-17 11:53:41
Link | Citer | R

5 remas? Yoichinoyumi is very sad... :(
By renalaa 2022-05-17 11:58:03
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
5 remas? Yoichinoyumi is very sad... :(
That item doesn't exist what do you mean? :^)
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2022-05-28 18:04:13
Link | Citer | R

just my monthly *** post about making Bows great again.

Flaming Arrow is fun on the 3 mobs its useful on.
 Phoenix.Iocus
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2022-05-28 19:31:12
Link | Citer | R

My RDM/RNG agrees that flaming arrow is very fun when it is bored.

Fingers cross that Prime Bow will be PRIME. I'm not sure what my expectations or even wants are for it, other than probably unrealistic and outrageous. I kinda hope they make the jobs that cane equip them a little broader so you can use them on a couple jobs.
By SimonSes 2022-05-28 19:36:52
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Iocus said: »
My RDM/RNG agrees that flaming arrow is very fun when it is bored.

Fingers cross that Prime Bow will be PRIME. I'm not sure what my expectations or even wants are for it, other than probably unrealistic and outrageous. I kinda hope they make the jobs that cane equip them a little broader so you can use them on a couple jobs.

I kinda feel its gonna be the opposite and they will reduce jobs on Prime weapons, so each job only be on one. I expect DRK to be dropped from black Ragnarok (RUN jumps in) and only stay on Scythe. COR to jump on black Annihilator and RNG only stay on black Yoichi etc. Pure guessing tho
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2022-05-28 22:01:21
Link | Citer | R

That is definitely possible if they are happy with how that worked with Aeonics. It's easier when weapon classes are synonymous with jobs, but it gets a little messy when you get to daggers, swords, and staves. It's really hard to design something interesting when it hits 3 or more jobs that may share very little in common.

Ideally you want to make at least one prime weapon that is worth it for each job so they get that engagement with the up coming content. And if you add weapons that jobs don't have access to a REMA on yet, you'll get people that feel they need to build it just for the diversity. FOMO generally. Like Swords are cool for RDM, PLD, BLU but they already have a bunch of good ones. I think PLD and BLU would opt for a damage focused club REMA just as fast if not faster than another sword and definitely if they didn't have to choose because they can build both. I know I want a REMA bow on RDM after Ullr if i can get good hourly free arrows out of it.

I imagine it would he nice to be rounded out if these might be the last rema type weapons we get, but I can also see how balancing around that desire could be impractical.
 Odin.Demhar
Serveur: Odin
user: Demhar
By Odin.Demhar 2022-05-28 23:02:04
Link | Citer | R

Tried bringing the bow issues back to the devs attention on reddit AMA section
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-05-29 02:50:35
Link | Citer | R

I know I want a REMA bow on RDM after Ullr if i can get good hourly free arrows out of it.

this is probably main reason you wont see Prime bow for RDM :) No good arrows allowed for non RNG (and I guess SAM):)

I think PLD and BLU would opt for a damage focused club

Maxentius for BLU is as good if not better than Naegling (beside attack bonus), so not sure what more do you expect?
First Page 2 3 ... 83 84 85 ... 97 98 99