You'll Shoot Your Eye Out! - New FFXI RNG Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 97 98 99
 Leviathan.Mcdonalds
Serveur: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Mcdonalds 2019-04-06 15:04:36
Link | Citer | R

DirectX said: »
Does anyone know what HP Ou has? Wonder how much HP total the last 10% or 25% is. I've only ever done it with SMN, but have seen it done with a single warrior also.

BG says "~1,400,000"
So last 22% probably ~308k HP.

I could be wrong. I'm also asking for ranger guide to him lol.
By kunami 2019-04-06 19:54:43
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Mcdonalds said: »

There isn't much specific to Ranger regarding Ou. Usually you will be bringing some melee or something so I typically switch to my Fomalhaut and go physical so the COR/BRD/GEO can streamline buffs. You can go with Trueflight and still smash though. I've written up my experiences coming to a few dozen Ou's on Ranger.

• 95%: Uses Fu's Ebullient Nullification - Dispels/absorbs all buffs within 20'
    Stand out of range lol

• 75%: Uses Kyou's Unfaltering Bravado - Conal 10,000 damage split among the targets, which cannot be mitigated by any form of DT gear.
    Stack up with your squad or sac a puppet/tank

• 65%: Uses Chainspell
    lol rng don't care, stay away from tanks

• 60%: Uses Kei's Dancing Fullers - Inflicts 2500 AoE damage (10') for each person in range, including Luopans.
    Another mechanic trivialized by Ranger lololol

• 45%: Uses Gin's Zero Hour - AoE magic-based throat stab, hate reset, and inflicts 60 second Inhibit TP.
    Use Decoy Shot or Camoflauge while the tank reestablishes aggro

• 30%: Uses Kin's Target - Causes Ou's eyes to light up and he is going to terrorize whoever has threat unless he changes his targetUse decoy shot to help the Off Tank/melee build threat

• 15%: Gardez- AoE terror (20') for 3-10 seconds.
    See Dancing Fullers/Ebuillent lololol

• ≤10%: Prophylaxis - Immediately recovers its HP to 22% then will recover to 100% HP after 30 seconds has gone by.
    The Big DPS check! I usually save 3000 TP, Barrage, Sharpshot, Doubleshot for this little diddy. You can use Overdrive here if your group is small/bad smash Last Stands or Trueflights as hard and as fast as possible until it's taking a dirt nap.

Is there some specific question you have regarding Ou? The fight is mostly about handling the phase change mechanics and transitions more than anything else.
 Leviathan.Mcdonalds
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Mcdonalds 2019-04-06 22:00:05
Link | Citer | R

kunami said: »

There isn't much specific to Ranger regarding Ou. Usually you will be bringing some melee or something so I typically switch to my Fomalhaut and go physical so the COR/BRD/GEO can streamline buffs. You can go with Trueflight and still smash though. I've written up my experiences coming to a few dozen Ou's on Ranger.

• 95%: Uses Fu's Ebullient Nullification - Dispels/absorbs all buffs within 20'
    Stand out of range lol

• 75%: Uses Kyou's Unfaltering Bravado - Conal 10,000 damage split among the targets, which cannot be mitigated by any form of DT gear.
    Stack up with your squad or sac a puppet/tank

• 65%: Uses Chainspell
    lol rng don't care, stay away from tanks

• 60%: Uses Kei's Dancing Fullers - Inflicts 2500 AoE damage (10') for each person in range, including Luopans.
    Another mechanic trivialized by Ranger lololol

• 45%: Uses Gin's Zero Hour - AoE magic-based throat stab, hate reset, and inflicts 60 second Inhibit TP.
    Use Decoy Shot or Camoflauge while the tank reestablishes aggro

• 30%: Uses Kin's Target - Causes Ou's eyes to light up and he is going to terrorize whoever has threat unless he changes his targetUse decoy shot to help the Off Tank/melee build threat

• 15%: Gardez- AoE terror (20') for 3-10 seconds.
    See Dancing Fullers/Ebuillent lololol

• ≤10%: Prophylaxis - Immediately recovers its HP to 22% then will recover to 100% HP after 30 seconds has gone by.
    The Big DPS check! I usually save 3000 TP, Barrage, Sharpshot, Doubleshot for this little diddy. You can use Overdrive here if your group is small/bad smash Last Stands or Trueflights as hard and as fast as possible until it's taking a dirt nap.

Is there some specific question you have regarding Ou? The fight is mostly about handling the phase change mechanics and transitions more than anything else.

Just wondering how the ranger I saw was doing 46k ranged attacks on him. As well as, I hear trueflight completely destroys him. The mechanics make sense. I've got all rema for ranger besides aeonic, but Ive never pulled off a 46k on any omen boss lol. That ranger completely demolished it.
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-04-06 22:08:52
Link | Citer | R

I've got all rema for ranger besides aeonic, but Ive never pulled off a 46k on any omen boss lol. That ranger completely demolished it.
95%: Uses Fu's Ebullient Nullification
Quote:
takes significantly enhanced damage for a short time after using this move, with the enhancement depending on the number of buffs dispelled.
[+]
By eliroo 2019-04-06 22:32:27
Link | Citer | R

You can do 100k+ Hot shots / Flaming Arrows during that period. With the right buffs/ debuffs a 46k Trueflight doesn't sound too bad.
[+]
By clearlyamule 2019-04-06 23:54:16
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Byrne said: »
clearlyamule said: »
magical ws already give greatly reduced enmity compared to physical anyways

yup, if you notice, you tend to pull hate with magical WS when they SC, and you generally don't when they don't SC. I'm not sure what the specifics are, but SC damage enmity seems to be treated differently.
Magical ws are super unique in that the dmg it uses to calculate enmity is just their base dmg from stats and ftp before other multipliers not counting dstat factors. Which given how much MAB most sets rock that's easily making it so only about 1/4 of the dmg you are dealing is counting... and then if mob has -mdb or + elemental dmg etc all those increase dmg but not the enmity you'd deal. Meanwhile while I doubt it's been specifically tested skillchains likely use full amount

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By kunami 2019-04-07 09:31:40
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Just wondering how the ranger I saw was doing 46k ranged attacks on him. As well as, I hear trueflight completely destroys him. The mechanics make sense. I've got all rema for ranger besides aeonic, but Ive never pulled off a 46k on any omen boss lol. That ranger completely demolished it.

Anytime someone is doing insane damage numbers on something, 70% of it is the exponential buff trinity capping pDIF, 10% of it is their gear, and the other 20% (in this case, at least) is a silly boss mechanic that makes it take a trillion damage from a stiff breeze.

In your case, if you were equally geared, the Fomalhaut is a substantial boost to Last Stand simply from the Chrono bullet having so much more base damage. Trueflight is alright but the way the physical buffs and debuffs work in this game I usually see better results with Last Stand since pDIF is a joke thanks to the creation of GEO. Trueflight also gains minimal benefit from a BRD aside from etudes. So if your party has a bard you might as well go Last Stand and get the benefit of all the ranged attack from Honor march, minuet, chaos roll, frailty/fury.
By Cronnus 2019-04-07 13:06:50
Link | Citer | R

eliroo said: »
You can do 100k+ Hot shots / Flaming Arrows during that period. With the right buffs/ debuffs a 46k Trueflight doesn't sound too bad.

Not 46k trueflight. 46k ranged attack. Yeah, it must have been after the 95%.
 Quetzalcoatl.Orestes
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Orestes78
By Quetzalcoatl.Orestes 2019-04-07 13:13:20
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kusaregedo said: »
is there a rng spreadsheet? want to play around with one and see exactly how bad yoichi namas would do vs anni or fomalhaut last stand.

i know bows are bad mainly bc of ws, but i'd like to see numbers if possible.

There's actually a DPS spreadsheet post here in the RNG section of the forums with links to most actively maintained sheets.

Note, the original RNG dps sheet that came from BG has a bug related to relic weapons, where the relic dmg isn't accounted for.

I have a version with the issue fixed here.
 Bahamut.Sixty
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Kvaal
By Bahamut.Sixty 2019-04-18 09:05:35
Link | Citer | R

Why Adhemar Kecks and not Mummu or something for crit am3 set? Am I missing something? There's no 2nd pice so no set bonus
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2019-04-18 14:12:55
Link | Citer | R

Anyone had luck doing the pick your path SR for Malovelence? Burned 300k doing random path with 0 Malovelence.

Been forcing ingrid solo on SCh and now 13 kills not a single drop. Do I need TH?!
By Nariont 2019-04-18 14:16:12
Link | Citer | R

You need to do normal SR, single boss is a bayld trap.
[+]
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2019-04-18 14:33:42
Link | Citer | R

Nariont said: »
You need to do normal SR, single boss is a bayld trap.
yah this is stupid 16x thats 80k bayld not a single item
By ocean 2019-04-18 15:24:02
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Toralin said: »
Anyone had luck doing the pick your path SR for Malovelence? Burned 300k doing random path with 0 Malovelence.

Been forcing ingrid solo on SCh and now 13 kills not a single drop. Do I need TH?!

Have you tried doing the full run but exiting if Ingrid doesn’t spawn? It’s a bit faster and we seem to have had the best results using this method.
 Asura.Sagaxi
user: xXSagaXx
By Asura.Sagaxi 2019-04-19 01:08:37
Link | Citer | R

Could any of you fellow rangers lend me a helping hand?

I apologize in advance, as English is not my first language.

I love and cherish my ranger. I just got Dyna B win to finally augment my Gastra (currently rank 6), but it seems like my gear is not optimized (or up par) for good dyna D damage.

I've made a Tauret to offhand, in hope this would be a quick fix. I also have access to the three dark matter herc augments posted below, but they feel lackluster to me when it comes to dyna D. I have access to most gear/content. Just trying to see if I could crunch more numbers with what I currently have, and Im not too good with spreadsheets. I have the weatherspoon Ring, reforged AF +3 set, part of +2 reforged Relic set.

You can find bellow my herc augments (sorry for the crop, too lazy to repost a proper screenshot).

Thanks

Edit: Set i'm currently using:
 Asura.Biglovin
user: Monko
By Asura.Biglovin 2019-04-19 02:51:07
Link | Citer | R

Your using a lot of was gear but ranger base magic attack is so low. Change those prices to macc/mab with some wsd (30macc/mab with 1% wsd will do a lot more than a piece with just 10% wsd)

Easy test too, just swap your hands with Carmine+1 (super cheap now) and do a true flight.
By Cronnus 2019-04-19 07:46:39
Link | Citer | R

I'd swap body for carmine +1 as well. As nice as all the wsd is, its lacking a lot of magic acc. From what people have said before 1 wsd = 3 mab. So gloves would be at 36 MAB with only 6 magic acc. My augments are 35MAB 32MACC 1%WSD. cant lack on that magic accuracy especially for endgame content. I personally still use arc pants for trueflight cause I cant get a good augment to save my life on pants lol.
 Carbuncle.Makonnen
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Numbahz
By Carbuncle.Makonnen 2019-04-19 08:24:52
Link | Citer | R

Like others said, your really on point there. Just start trickling down that WSD into MAB/AGI, Trueflight is a great WS to mess around w/since everyone's set's are a bit diff due to augments and real world testing is the fun part of putting your work into action and see how it works out, no need for spreadsheets we ain't creating a budget here, try stuff out til you got it down yourself.
[+]
By kunami 2019-04-20 10:36:06
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Sixty said: »
Why Adhemar Kecks and not Mummu or something for crit am3 set? Am I missing something? There's no 2nd pice so no set bonus

It is supposed to be darrainger's brais. Should be fixed now.
By Lobivopsis 2019-04-27 22:24:31
Link | Citer | R

Tauret/Kaja Knife with RNG/NIN and Mumuu +2 is AMAZING for soloing job points. I was getting 15-25k spamming Evisceration on Apex bats at the Dho Gates camp which is more than my THF was getting spamming Rudras (THF/WAR gets 20k-35k with Tauret/Kaja and using Mumuu +2 as WS set)

Trusts were Sylvie AAEV Qultada Joachim and King of Hearts and using abrasion bolts, food was red curry buns. I didn't use Koru-Moru because he will cast flurry on you instead of Haste II and also King of Hearts seems to never run out of MP which is good with all the MP I was sponging ripping hate off AAEV.

In case you are wondering yes you do get the stat bonuses on Kaja Knife offhand, just not the stuff listed after "main hand" in the text.

Given how bonkers Tauret is I'm actually a bit apprehensive about talking about it online out of fear of it getting back to SE.
 Asura.Sagaxi
user: xXSagaXx
By Asura.Sagaxi 2019-04-29 04:32:44
Link | Citer | R

Any reason for relic +3 Feets instead of pursuer's feet (both rapid +10) in gastra preshot? I sure like fancy socks, but if my money can be saved, I'd wait a bit.
By Taint 2019-04-29 05:54:04
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sagaxi said: »
Any reason for relic +3 Feets instead of pursuer's feet (both rapid +10) in gastra preshot? I sure like fancy socks, but if my money can be saved, I'd wait a bit.

Lag
[+]
By Nyarlko 2019-05-05 02:01:02
Link | Citer | R

Odd question:

Bounty Shot. Do Amini Glovelettes +1 function as simply TH+2 or does it "raise the cap" on initial tag to TH6? Wondering how it works w/ other TH+ gear. (And if I can save the inv-1 from making them by just using my existing TH gear.)
user: Hiraishin
By Asura.Hiraishinsenna 2019-05-05 04:22:10
Link | Citer | R

just run a quick test:
with TH4 in gear and hands equipped always gives an initial proc to TH5. If no TH gear the first proc will be TH4.
So the +2 from the hands only works up to 4
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2019-05-05 11:27:56
Link | Citer | R

How good is R15 gastra over regular one? Debating which range weapon to r15 between it,anni, and fomal.
By Nyarlko 2019-05-05 12:02:25
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Hiraishinsenna said: »
just run a quick test:
with TH4 in gear and hands equipped always gives an initial proc to TH5. If no TH gear the first proc will be TH4.
So the +2 from the hands only works up to 4

I am asking specifically so that I can avoid making the hands if it's nothing but TH+2 (so don't have them to test with.) I guess a better question would be: Does TH+ gear affect Bounty Shot in any known ways? With TH+4 in gear, and no Amini hands, what would the first proc be assuming you do no other actions that could tag TH on the target and does TH+ from gear affect Bounty Shot proc rate?
By aigulfe 2019-05-05 15:31:21
Link | Citer | R

I'm sure this has been covered/answered before but how do you write a lua rule to account for distance to the target again? Mostly asking for true shot / orpheus sash reasons.
By Cronnus 2019-05-05 16:49:50
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Topace said: »
How good is R15 gastra over regular one? Debating which range weapon to r15 between it,anni, and fomal.

I have anni R14, gastra 14. Both near to 15. I honestly dont remember the trueflight numbers before I ranked it. So I cant say for sure if it was worth it. But it packs a punch. Anni, it's very good. With geos maybe average 30k coro's? Which is great and the barrages are nice. I'd still go with gastra first. Never augmented my gandiva or arm yet.
By eliroo 2019-05-05 17:02:37
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Topace said: »

Its about 15% better.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 97 98 99