Haha, RNG gonna call Apururu and just auto-follow her
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Serveur: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-05-10 03:16:39
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Syto said: »
Time for a Auto-Strafing Addon to work with Auto-RA...

I feel the need to say this twice.

....what the *** man.
 Asura.Syto
Serveur: Asura
user: Sessho
By Asura.Syto 2021-05-10 03:35:58
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »

....what the *** man.

I know I know.. you are gonna hate me.. I am a multiboxer bro..

I'm with the Ejinn's of this world... but haven't been banned yet..
[+]
 Odin.Demhar
Serveur: Odin
user: Demhar
By Odin.Demhar 2021-05-10 04:01:55
Link | Citer | R

yahp, decoy and hover overwrite each other while velocity and hover will stay active together. The red glowing hand animation indicates that the shot is boosted when you move stop and shoot. If you stay in the same spot, you wont get the animation, hence the shot is not boosted. You will still get interrupted if moved while shooting. Seems like it resets the boost after WS.

Some initial shooting tests on hover shot dmg increase:

And Video on Apex Bats for more boosted shots.
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-05-10 04:14:50
Link | Citer | R

....what the *** man.

I know I know.. you are gonna hate me.. I am a multiboxer bro..

I'm with the Ejinn's of this world... but haven't been banned yet..

Syto and I have been communicating in PM, but wanted to make this abundantly clear- I dont' hate the man, I don't hate the concept of multiboxing...I hate the thought of single boxing RNGs using such an addon being theorized the way single box WHMs use CurePlease. Its a whole different thing when someone takes the time to tweak pre-fight needs and commands and the like so they can 6-box a fight meant for 6 individuals with complex balancing and timing for one person to handle....and a singleboxer using tools like this to basically afk at an event.

Again, just want to make it clear- I've got zero issues with multiboxing as a concept, as anyone who's spent even a week around me in game knows. And I got zero problems with Syto- he's good people and immediately reached out to make sure all was clear between us.
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-05-10 04:39:53
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Demhar said: »

Im not sure if it actually hit the cap, or you not moved far enough. That move before the shot when bonus went down was very subtle. Could not be required 1 yalm.

Also lol at SE seriously.
In update they said it will boost damage. Description says it boost ratt/racc/macc/enmity-. What it actually seems to do is really boosting damage. They cant *** even make a right description...
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2021-05-10 04:51:44
Link | Citer | R

SimonSes said: »

Im not sure if it actually hit the cap, or you not moved far enough. That move before the shot when bonus went down was very subtle. Could not be required 1 yalm.

In update they said it will boost damage. Description says it boost ratt/racc/macc/enmity-. What it actually seems to do is really boosting damage. They cant *** even make a right description...

Maybe Hover Shot does increase the other 3, as well. Has anyone tested the other 3 stats yet, lol? The only thing I see tested is the damage, so far.
By SimonSes 2021-05-10 04:57:15
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget said: »

Maybe Hover Shot does increase the other 3, as well. Has anyone tested the other 3 stats yet, lol? The only thing I see tested is the damage, so far.

It probably does, but why there is no damage in description...

Also your test for WS is invalid Demhar, because you havent been moving before WS and that was probably the reason that it was resetting the bonus.
By SimonSes 2021-05-10 05:27:11
Link | Citer | R

Ok I tested Hover Shot. Results:

racc: +4 per stack
damage: +4% per stack. EDIT: Works for magic damage ranged WS
ratt: none
enmity-: idk. I would guess -2 per stack
macc: idk, but I would guess it mimic racc and its +4 per stack too

Caps at 25 stacks (so +100acc, +100%dmg)
Doesnt reset on WS if you move before WS. Doesnt reset when it hits the cap, if you keep moving.

EDIT: Doesnt reset when you hit with melee
Double Shots hits doesnt count for stacking. One round is one stack

25stack Last stand btw

EDIT2: You can charge it by ranged WSing too (magic ws included). If you move between WSs ofc! So you can melee with KC and keep Trueflighting and stack it like that. Its broken as ***.
[+]
By Weeew 2021-05-10 05:32:39
Link | Citer | R

+4% damage works for physical and magic?

Edit: Also does double shot count as shooting in the same place twice and therefore resets the buff?
By SimonSes 2021-05-10 05:46:41
Link | Citer | R

Weeew said: »
+4% damage works for physical and magic?

Edit: Also does double shot count as shooting in the same place twice and therefore resets the buff?

EIDTed
EDIT: Edited again
 Asura.Datsik
user: datsik
By Asura.Datsik 2021-05-10 06:04:11
Link | Citer | R

Does it reset for every new target? Or do you keep it for another mob?
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-05-10 06:21:32
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Datsik said: »

Resets obviously lol. Imagine it wont and it lasts for 1hour. You would have RNG with Kc running around 99999 Trueflight/laststand/Wildfire everything XD

Also AM3 crits with Armageddon at 25 stacks will do around 45k. Not broken at all lol
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-05-10 06:26:45
Link | Citer | R

Resets obviously lol. Imagine it wont and it lasts for 1hour. You would have RNG with Kc running around 99999 Trueflight/laststand/Wildfire everything XD

Also AM3 crits with Armageddon at 25 stacks will do around 45k. Not broken at all lol

Guess we can't get everything.

Then we'd be Corsairs.
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-05-10 06:32:57
Link | Citer | R

Guess we can't get everything.

Then we'd be Corsairs.

At 25 stacks we are talking about 50k+ Coronach, 80k+ last stands, 99k Trueflights (without malaise) and probably 70-80k Wildfire (without malaise) and like 20k+ white double shot dps with Arma AM3. Its really BROKEN for single NM fights XD I wouldnt be surprised if they nerf it soon lol
[+]
 Fenrir.Melphina
Serveur: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-05-10 07:45:46
Link | Citer | R

So it turns out the Hover shot update is good. You get a 100% damage increase after reaching 25 stacks, which also impacts all weaponskills. That's a solid ability if ever I heard one.
By SimonSes 2021-05-10 07:47:20
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Melphina said: »
So it turns out the Hover shot update is good. You get a 100% damage increase after reaching 25 stacks, which also impacts all weaponskills. That's a solid ability if ever I heard one.

Yeah only downside is thats mostly useful for single mob long fights, but its not a surprise for such massive bonus.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-05-10 08:07:26
Link | Citer | R

If no one makes a cupid shuffle ranger meme, I'm gonna be a sadboy.

3 Rangers in a geo bubble stepping right and panicking they're about to lose precious buffs and then walking left.
High effort, low reward. But the imaginary internet point my dood.
[+]
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Serveur: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2021-05-10 08:39:37
Link | Citer | R

Perhaps this is a dumb question, but if you mismanage your strafe and get an "interrupt" message: do you still need to move after the interrupt or can you just wait the fraction of a second and shoot from that same position?
 Bahamut.Justthetip
Serveur: Bahamut
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2021-05-10 08:41:19
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Brahmsz said: »
Perhaps this is a dumb question, but if you mismanage your strafe and get an "interrupt" message: do you still need to move after the interrupt or can you just wait the fraction of a second and shoot from that same position?
I be safe and just move again tbh I feel like in an ideal world you could shoot from that spot but with the way game is sometimes it may register even if hit hasn't gone off.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-05-10 09:22:41
Link | Citer | R

I would assume no. The visual cue of the hands glowing occurs after you successfully perform a shot, so if you interrupted from that spot, the game never gave you that bonus so you might be okay to reshoot from that spot. Though it's just an assumption based on the visuals.
By kunami 2021-05-10 10:20:26
Link | Citer | R

Hi everyone, I am monitoring this thread closely for feedback on the new skill and I will try to have it updated into the node today.

Asura.Eiryl said: »
It's in the details. Not super user friendly.

The sets are for WF/TF with the caveat set after them with TF/WF specific swaps, and a note before the sets.

Regarding the Trueflight set do you guys think I should just slap the Weatherspoon ring in the set? I think it will six one way or half dozen the other with people asking "What should I use if I don't have Weathersppon Ring?" I am open to a more 'user friendly' suggestion as well.
[+]
By Foxfire 2021-05-10 10:31:27
Link | Citer | R

well, i don't think it's wrong to assume people will, 9/10, go for a ring that isn't weatherspoon.

on the same token though, it is called a 'top tier' itemset, so it wouldn't be out of place there. maybe repurpose the swaps as top-tier alternatives, or something? whenever i read through 'swaps' i usually interpret them as like, acc swaps more than anything. i can't speak for everyone though.

actually while we're on the subject, is malevolence > ternion+1 r15 still? does the +mainstat and wsd rly not outperform?

haven't really done a lot of trueflight lately to find out
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-05-10 10:46:18
Link | Citer | R

kunami said: »
Hi everyone, I am monitoring this thread closely for feedback on the new skill and I will try to have it updated into the node today.

Asura.Eiryl said: »
It's in the details. Not super user friendly.

The sets are for WF/TF with the caveat set after them with TF/WF specific swaps, and a note before the sets.

Regarding the Trueflight set do you guys think I should just slap the Weatherspoon ring in the set? I think it will six one way or half dozen the other with people asking "What should I use if I don't have Weathersppon Ring?" I am open to a more 'user friendly' suggestion as well.

You're never going to make everyone happy. The current way it's done is suboptimal IMO. From a "guide" perspective. I know, you know, we know. Random guy who comes to look, doesn't know.

I would simply make the note clearer. "the best set" doesn't compromise. And lesser tiered sets have swaps, that do.

But also, even though TF and WF are 99% identical, that one earring and one ring make the sets different. For reasons a rando might not grasp. They're not informed and you want to inform them.
By kunami 2021-05-10 11:14:10
Link | Citer | R

It was mostly a concession to the fact that the guide bbcode is built around a 4 wide set table and I didn't want to make a whole other row for Wildfire since at the time it was (and maybe still is?) kind of a second class weaponskill. I figured that the preface to that section would be enough to explain to people reading the guide why and how the gear was laid out the way it was.

Maybe I'll just suck it up and give wildfire it's own section. At the time it was a big undertaking to revamp the whole COR node to make it RNG-y with my limited XIAH bbcode knowledge but it might not be too hard now since I am going to have to wade back in to it for this hover shot stuff.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-05-10 12:00:49
Link | Citer | R

kunami said: »
I am open to a more 'user friendly' suggestion as well.

I like the way Falkirk did it in the BST thread in the gearset section. Listed the top set, and then included alternatives/additions section (like a good handful).

This allows people to see the top set they should strive for, but can make use of something else in the meantime instead of asking "what do I use if I don't have [item]". You'll probably get it anyways (and people should know how to do basic downgrades), but it should be minimal.

IMO, This style of gearset is very helpful, because the job I am gearing might be my 2nd or 3rd or 18th job, so I don't really NEED it to be the BEST of the best. And I might not particularly care to go after that item if I have something else nearby that is just "as" good. But those who absolutely want the best options don't have the set downgraded for "the minority". Just my 2c
[+]
 Odin.Demhar
Serveur: Odin
user: Demhar
By Odin.Demhar 2021-05-10 12:04:07
Link | Citer | R

Ok I tested Hover Shot. Results:

racc: +4 per stack
damage: +4% per stack. EDIT: Works for magic damage ranged WS
ratt: none
enmity-: idk. I would guess -2 per stack
macc: idk, but I would guess it mimic racc and its +4 per stack too

Caps at 25 stacks (so +100acc, +100%dmg)
Doesnt reset on WS if you move before WS. Doesnt reset when it hits the cap, if you keep moving.

EDIT: Doesnt reset when you hit with melee
Double Shots hits doesnt count for stacking. One round is one stack

25stack Last stand btw

EDIT2: You can charge it by ranged WSing too (magic ws included). If you move between WSs ofc! So you can melee with KC and keep Trueflighting and stack it like that. Its broken as ***.

Thank you for the supplementary clarifications. I was honestly not expecting this work on WS's. Was trying to see where the regular rattk cap would hit. The description threw me off as well. +100% dmg on WS takes the cake... the boss slayer is back!
how did you manage to keep your target alive that long to hit that 80k last stand on it? do the frogs have a lot more hp? I want to go mess around with all the ultimate weapons see how the WS are doing. Let me know where would be the best place to do this
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2021-05-10 12:12:18
Link | Citer | R

Nvm 1 hour up time...
 Asura.Aburaage
By Asura.Aburaage 2021-05-10 12:15:11
Link | Citer | R

Can anyone test the 25 stack with Eagle Eye Shot?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-05-10 12:15:42
Link | Citer | R

Also, anyone test if switching weapons out mid-fight resets the bonus?
First Page 2 3 ... 60 61 62 ... 97 98 99