First Page 2 3 ... 58 59 60 ... 97 98 99
 Asura.Nalfey
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Nalf
By Asura.Nalfey 2021-04-30 19:01:31
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Geriond said: »
Him being right in this case isn't something to call him out for.

He's actually not that's my point
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-04-30 19:04:07
Link | Citer | R

They had 60% crit. 50 shots was more than sufficient. And arguing over it is stupid.

It's verifying an already known result. Not a dissertation.
 Asura.Specialkid
By Asura.Specialkid 2021-04-30 19:21:31
Link | Citer | R

in any case, this was the sloppiest use of statistics I've ever seen
that sample size is FAR too small to confirm any difference
 Leviathan.Andret
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2021-04-30 20:24:46
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Specialkid said: »
in any case, this was the sloppiest use of statistics I've ever seen
that sample size is FAR too small to confirm any difference

It's not that sloppy. At 75% crit rate, the probability of him being wrong after doing 50 shots and only get 32 or less is roughly 5%. So it's highly unlikely that Jupiter Staff did anything.
 Siren.Kyte
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2021-04-30 20:25:24
Link | Citer | R

Just as an FYI, since again this didn't really require confirmation given how extensively it had already been tested (I've answered this same question like 5 times throughout the years and people always seem to feel the need to run out and double check), but if you do want to be completely sure, the easiest way of doing it is by going into Abyssea and equipping Atmas and just enough in gear to put you at 100% should the gear work, then shooting until you see a non-crit.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-04-30 20:48:41
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Nalfey said: »
Asura.Geriond said: »
Him being right in this case isn't something to call him out for.

He's actually not that's my point
Except he is. This specific test does not have a large enough sample to effectively prove it, only to heavily suggest it.
[+]
By Miyahara 2021-05-01 11:00:22
Link | Citer | R

K club panic sales are starting. Is the update going to kill K club rngs? already 9 on AH on Odin, bought a second one for 100m less than last sale.
By SimonSes 2021-05-01 11:07:12
Link | Citer | R

It's not that. It's simply reverse inflation that going on for months now. 300M is normally price. Odin just catching up.
[+]
By Miyahara 2021-05-01 11:11:07
Link | Citer | R

Makes sense, just the quantity for sale is way higher than normal.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-05-01 12:32:19
Link | Citer | R

Miyahara said: »
Makes sense, just the quantity for sale is way higher than normal.

You'll always have people trying to make a buck and think they're smarter than everyone else. Its quite possible that Odin just kept its higher price on a Kclub slightly longer than other servers, and people looking to dump a kclub send it to where they think the best profit is.

While 9 is an insane number typically, if the bottom is falling out of the market (it is), and SE announces long-term changes to Ranger are eventually coming (they have), a few panicked souls is all it takes to all get this idea at the same time and hope to not get caught with what used to be a billion gil weapon worth peanuts.
By Weeew 2021-05-01 14:20:27
Link | Citer | R

SE said the 'All job update' wasn't going to be sufficient to solve everyones concerns with ranged attack damage on RNG. My assumption for that is the update they are planning is similar to the job point gifts and give some basic acc/racc, att/ratt, matt, meva, eva etc...

If they do that and assuming we get at least 50 acc then KC ranger will be more relevant than ever :) Hold on to your KCs boys and girls!
 Asura.Highwynn
user: Highwynd
By Asura.Highwynn 2021-05-03 09:35:36
Link | Citer | R

Probably a buff that the longer it's active, the player gradually gets stacks of +dmg%/+crit% gradually, but moving dispels it.
By SimonSes 2021-05-03 09:43:22
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Highwynn said: »
Probably a buff that the longer it's active, the player gradually gets stacks of +dmg%/+crit% gradually, but moving dispels it.

Moving dispels it? I think you are confused, because its exactly the opposite, moving will charge it.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-05-03 09:54:36
Link | Citer | R

Take 3 steps left while wearing movement-, shoot. Then 7 steps right with flee active, shoot. Then WALK 5 steps backwards, shoot. Then run 11 steps forward, shoot. Spin 13 times to activate damage +1, repeat as needed, no cap.

If you deviate from that process, it resets.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2021-05-03 11:14:11
Link | Citer | R

RNG’s get to dance while DPS’ing. Not just the boring pew, pew, pew. Sounds like RNG. Is going to get fun in a week.
 Pandemonium.Zeto
Serveur: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Zeto 2021-05-03 13:05:02
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Take 3 steps left while wearing movement-, shoot. Then 7 steps right with flee active, shoot. Then WALK 5 steps backwards, shoot. Then run 11 steps forward, shoot. Spin 13 times to activate damage +1, repeat as needed, no cap.

So they'll all just be doing the cha cha slide?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-05-03 13:13:18
Link | Citer | R

Pandemonium.Zeto said: »
Asura.Eiryl said: »

So they'll all just be doing the cha cha slide?

*Generic line dancing rangers* *Tootsee Roll intensifies*
 Leviathan.Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2021-05-03 15:15:03
Link | Citer | R

How about this. Activates Hover Shot. Every yalm the Ranger moves away from his old position increases damages for his next shot by 1%. Caps at 50%.

Sounds useful on paper and I doubt that anyone would use it outside of special circumstances.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-05-03 15:55:21
Link | Citer | R

Rangers in 2021...
[+]
 Leviathan.Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2021-05-03 16:28:18
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »

Rangers in 2021...

No, we don't do things like that.

We gonna do this! Shake head! Moonwalk! Spin! Shoot! Legolas supreme!

[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-05-03 16:33:28
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Andret said: »

If we gonna Legolas this up, I best get to slide down the trunk of a Marid.

Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2021-05-03 18:09:45
Link | Citer | R

What are RNG's using for food these days?
 Leviathan.Eloc
user: Eloc
By Leviathan.Eloc 2021-05-03 18:31:06
Link | Citer | R

If you're anyone from LoTR it's Aragorn, the guy who's an actual Ranger. He had a bow, but mainly used Naegling and Savage Blade. Like a boss.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-05-03 18:53:23
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Eloc said: »

If you're anyone from LoTR it's Aragorn, the guy who's an actual Ranger. He had a bow, but mainly used Naegling and Savage Blade. Like a boss.

Good lord there's actually some logic to that. ***.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-05-03 18:58:10
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget said: »

Riverfin soup racc/ratt, grape daifuku budget version
Sublime Sushi for accuracy
Red curry bun for attack
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-05-03 19:01:02
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget said: »

I have 4 foods I use primarily:

1.Pork Cutlet Bowl- an easy way to get ratk/str/agi and even a little STP for times you don't need racc. The STP isn't huge, but if your build is close to a specific xHit, it can be a nice band-aid.

2. Grape Daifuku- excellent balance of all physical types of accuracy and attack, and purchasable from the Curio Moogle. Nice run of the mill food for most situations. My standard.

3. Rolanberry Daifuku- similar to the above, but without the attack/ranged attack stats, but you do gain magic accuracy. Think of this as 30 minute "mini-stewpots"- you'll gain accuracy, ranged accuracy, and magic accuracy, again in smaller totals than other foods but getting all 3 at once is very helpful for our job.

4. Riverfin Soup- high amounts of ranged accuracy and attack, and a 3 hour food. If you've got a COR with ya, and doing purely physical damage, its a solid option for longer events.

I find Sublime Sushi kind of dated these days. Outside of kclub rangers I don't think many need that kind of racc/acc bonus on this job if your sets are solid (again, kclub rangers need all the melee acc help they can get, I understand).

Stewpots I purposely left off as its a group food- I will pop them for wave3 runs as my group mostly does magical damage with melee RNG and CORs in wave3, so it fits the needs of the entire party, but if you're in a mixed situation it may not be worth the cost.
[+]
By joemamma 2021-05-04 11:01:06
Link | Citer | R

Every time a ranger moves south west during a full moon (100%) your weaponskill dmg will increase 200%.
 Fenrir.Melphina
Serveur: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-05-04 13:42:15
Link | Citer | R

Red curry buns can work well in place of pork cutlet bowls too. You don't get any store tp, but the ranged attack bonus caps at 150 instead of 120 and they're readily available on the curio moogle. The ease of access makes them my preferred attack food for general use.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-05-04 16:05:02
Link | Citer | R

no doubt true on the RCB vs Pork Cutlet Bowls. I have a very kind cooking friend who hooks a brother up about once a month :)
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2021-05-04 19:13:23
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Melphina said: »
Red curry buns can work well in place of pork cutlet bowls too. You don't get any store tp, but the ranged attack bonus caps at 150 instead of 120 and they're readily available on the curio moogle. The ease of access makes them my preferred attack food for general use.

Agreed ^^

Another solid Curio Moogle food is Carbonara at only 4k a pop. I use those as a go-to option for lower stakes stuff on a lot of DD jobs.

For RNG in particular, it's a little annoying that Carbonara is only Attack (not Attack & Ranged Attack), but they're still helpful for Savage Blade stuff, or even for ranged when you want to prioritize the Stp+6.

Relevant stats:
RCB: 7k each from Curio, 30min. HP+25 STR+7 AGI+1 Atk+150 R.Atk+75
Carbonara: 4k each from Curio, 30min. HP+175 STR+4 Atk+65 STP+6
Grape Daifuku: 4k each from Curio, 30min. HP+20 STR+2 Acc/R.Acc+80 Atk/R.Atk+50 MAB+3

Personally, on low end stuff I tend not to be as concerned with Acc/Atk/R.Acc/R.Atk on RNG (especially Acc/R.Acc, since RNG is loaded with Accuracy and I don't have a K.Club!), so the STP+6 holds a lot of value... especially if you're ever attack capped. Though yeah, I use RCB sometimes too, if I am pretty confident I'll get full use of the attack/r.attack.

Significantly cheaper than Pork Cutlet Bowls at about half the price for 6x 30min Carbonara as it is for 1x 3hour PCB. Nice if you are doing something quick and don't wanna burn a 3 hour food, and maybe also a slight consideration that there's less risk of wasting a 30min food (since it's a well established fact that risk of death goes up 1000% the instant you eat a long duration food, or get Soul Voice BRD songs...)
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 58 59 60 ... 97 98 99