You'll Shoot Your Eye Out! - New FFXI RNG Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 42 43 44 ... 97 98 99
 Asura.Sagaxi
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: xXSagaXx
By Asura.Sagaxi 2020-12-19 10:24:47
Link | Citer | R

Depending if you "reallr" need the Macc of Tauret, which I doubt since you have cloak, you can easily swap to a 2nd malevolence.

I don't know what are your targets, but depending on it, you can pull 40/50k, I believe.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-12-19 10:45:17
Link | Citer | R

my dagger setups when using Trueflight w/ Gastraphetes varies GREATLY depending on what I'm actually doing.

-Full shooting RNG, such as a Zerde Burn or SCH+RNG Kei= double Malevolences. I'm going for max damage to my WS numbers, and that's it.

-Meleeing for TP, but using Trueflight, such as wave3 Dynamis-Divergence= Tauret/Ternion+1. This gives me some very valuable AGI and WSD, which when you use the Cohort+1 augmented you likely lose a bit compared to augmented Herculean and/or JSE combinations in head/body. In addition, this setup adds some Triple Attack and needed melee accuracy compared to using Malevolences.

I do have a few variances that can change those two base choices depending on buffs. If while in a pure shooting situation if my racc isn't sufficient, I can swap that 2nd Malevolence offhand to an augmented Kustawi+1 to "fix" the situation quite easily, and gain a little -enmity to boot. If I'm meleeing, and melee accuracy is fine yet I'm not happy with my TP gain due to roll choices from the COR or being under-hasted, I'll change the Ternion+1 offhand to a Blurred+1 offhand.
[+]
By HyperKTM 2020-12-19 11:26:30
Link | Citer | R

Malev/kclub
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-12-19 11:27:41
Link | Citer | R

HyperKTM said: »
Malev/kclub

y'all rich^^
 Asura.Jinbe
By Asura.Jinbe 2020-12-19 16:09:52
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sagaxi said: »
Depending if you "reallr" need the Macc of Tauret, which I doubt since you have cloak, you can easily swap to a 2nd malevolence.

I don't know what are your targets, but depending on it, you can pull 40/50k, I believe.
well i think i was disappointment because i was comparing trueflight VS leaden
By SimonSes 2020-12-20 03:07:25
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Jinbe said: »
Asura.Sagaxi said: »

well i think i was disappointment because i was comparing trueflight VS leaden

Well Trueflight is just around ~3% worse than Leaden, but COR's JSE items (Relic+3 feet/body and Neck+2) and pixie hairpin +1 are what make the difference.
By Pipster 2020-12-20 07:22:40
Link | Citer | R

Hi all!
Anyone take the plunge on the Tatenashi +1 UCNM set fully augmented yet for melee RNG? Legs look like a good addition, not sure about the rest of it. Thanks!

By SimonSes 2020-12-20 07:37:33
Link | Citer | R

Pipster said: »
Hi all!
Anyone take the plunge on the Tatenashi +1 UCNM set fully augmented yet for melee RNG? Legs look like a good addition, not sure about the rest of it. Thanks!

Outside of Kraken Club offhand, this set is bis for melee. even with Kraken is probably competitive with Malignance, but there is different problem here. Malignance provides tons of survivability and RNG is a very squishy job without it. You will need to be really careful if you plan to melee on RNG without Malignance.
[+]
 Asura.Sagaxi
user: xXSagaXx
By Asura.Sagaxi 2020-12-20 11:24:08
Link | Citer | R

Maybe a mix-and-match if you don't have full Malignance set? But mostly what SimonSes said, yeah.

Edit: It would indeed add a tons of stats to replace herc pieces though.
 Bahamut.Greyfawkz
Serveur: Bahamut
user: gymj1m
By Bahamut.Greyfawkz 2020-12-20 12:53:58
Link | Citer | R

How far ahead is gastra over fomal for TF if using a Kraken? Eventually, I could do both, but I have a long way to go yet for gastra, as I severely neglected ToAU.

Currently finishing Malignance. 3/5 but Lilith is a hooker and 0 for my last 75.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-12-20 12:54:00
Link | Citer | R

I currently use 2 melee sets as a non-KC RNG, one which does include Tatensashi+1 Feet/Legs, the other is primarily Malignance. A couple observations I've noticed-

1. If you're not in the #1 ranked Unity, the STP loss vs malignance is noticable.

2. I find body difficult to use well. Adhemar+1 body is just so easy to fit in sets due to still getting great Triple Attack, accuracy, and of course the Dual Wield makes hitting 11 while /nin so much easier.

3. I don't find the improvements vs Adhemar+1 hands that much (when comparing against Tatenashi+1).

At the end of the day, when you can get away with it, I find them a great improvement. But as pointed out, the biggest question will always be "can you survive without it?" As we all know- Dead DDs Don't DPS.
[+]
 Odin.Demhar
Serveur: Odin
user: Demhar
By Odin.Demhar 2020-12-20 13:43:59
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Greyfawkz said: »
How far ahead is gastra over fomal for TF if using a Kraken? Eventually, I could do both, but I have a long way to go yet for gastra, as I severely neglected ToAU.

Currently finishing Malignance. 3/5 but Lilith is a hooker and 0 for my last 75.

I'm pretty sure some calculator person will give you much exact numbers.

In game I get something likes this...

Target: Tiny Mandragora

Gastraphetes R15
~1000 TP 25567
~2000 TP 33469
3000 TP 41093

Fomalhaut R15
~1000 TP 17119
~2000 TP 22837
3000 TP 24832
[+]
By SimonSes 2020-12-20 17:40:06
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Demhar said: »

Gastraphetes R15
~1000 TP 25567
~2000 TP 33469
3000 TP 41093

Fomalhaut R15
~1000 TP 17119
~2000 TP 22837
3000 TP 24832

Something is off here. What set you were using to get those numbers? I mean 1250TP (I assume you were using moonshade) Trueflight with Gastra, cant be stronger than 3000TP Trueflight with Fomal. Trueflight at 1250TP has ~4.54 fTP . At 3000TP is has 9.67. Thats more than twice higher fTP . After applying 49.5% bonus from R15 Gastra, you can calculate it as 6.787 fTP . So Fomal would still have 42% more damage. Now Fomal has no mab ammunition and Gastra has 30mab ammunition. there is no way tho, that 30mab can overcome 42% higher fTP . In bis set (even without sub hand weapon) without mab buffs, 30mab shouldn't be more than 10% increase. So again, what set you used for that test?
 Asura.Lunafreya
user: Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2020-12-20 18:58:23
Link | Citer | R

I have COR mastered with Naegling/all reforges done/arma r10/etc. however, I am considering gastra because it just seems so damn good. I have most of the RNG gear necessary (full Malignance, all the accessories, would just need to do jse reforges). In this scenario would you say gastra is worth pursuing or should I just do DP? Having a tough time deciding between the two since they kinda? fill the same role.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-12-20 19:12:04
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Lunafreya said: »
I have COR mastered with Naegling/all reforges done/arma r10/etc. however, I am considering gastra because it just seems so damn good. I have most of the RNG gear necessary (full Malignance, all the accessories, would just need to do jse reforges). In this scenario would you say gastra is worth pursuing or should I just do DP? Having a tough time deciding between the two since they kinda? fill the same role.

I would say that a DP is honestly required of a high-end COR, whereas a Gastra is a luxury....albeit an amazing one you'll never regret making, I'd probably prioritize the DP.

Also, look at what you play more, and where/how. If you're on COR the vast majority of time in Dynamis-D or similar times where Leaden Salute is your primary tool, its a great investment (keep in mind those Living Bullets work on your Arma for COR wildfire times, too)
[+]
 Asura.Zeroburning
By Asura.Zeroburning 2020-12-20 19:29:46
Link | Citer | R

not sure where you getting your math from but 3k tp fomal vs 3k tp Gasta no way a fomal will win
By Felgarr 2020-12-20 19:47:11
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
Asura.Lunafreya said: »

I would say that a DP is honestly required of a high-end COR, whereas a Gastra is a luxury....albeit an amazing one you'll never regret making, I'd probably prioritize the DP.

Also, look at what you play more, and where/how. If you're on COR the vast majority of time in Dynamis-D or similar times where Leaden Salute is your primary tool, its a great investment (keep in mind those Living Bullets work on your Arma for COR wildfire times, too)

This is true, but I would be generic and say that an end-game COR needs one end-game gun to be relevant. (I was able to one-shot statues in Dynamis with Fomalhaut, using the same DP set, minus DP gun/living bullets. It's actually only ~20k to one shot, or so damage). ....but it's not sustainable to play like that forever, so I guess, a COR should strive to make that DP eventually.

TLDR: Make the Gastra if you enjoy RNG, as an Arma COR is sufficient for a lot of raw damage a DP COR can do (unless you specifically need a Darkness SC from Leaden Salute; Too Lazy to look up whether Arma/Wildfire yields a Dark SC). I always vote for variety over specificity.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-12-20 20:26:23
Link | Citer | R

Felgarr said: »
TLDR: Make the Gastra if you enjoy RNG, as an Arma COR is sufficient for a lot of raw damage a DP COR can do (unless you specifically need a Darkness SC from Leaden Salute; Too Lazy to look up whether Arma/Wildfire yields a Dark SC). I always vote for variety over specificity.

The only weapons that change the skillchain attributes of a weaponskill are aeonics. Leaden is always the same for example, unless using it with a Fomalhaut with AM already up from a Last Stand earlier and you close a Darkness that now becomes Umbra. But it'll chain fine with any gun.

And honestly, Armageddon is my favorite toy these days on COR, and not just because of this month's Ambuscade ;) The way they can abuse tripleshot with an empyrean AM3, and then have a weaponskill that chains beautifully and can be spammed at 1k for full damage while being enmity friendly...that can be abused like no other.
[+]
 Odin.Demhar
By Odin.Demhar 2020-12-20 20:51:12
Link | Citer | R

SimonSes said: »

Gastraphetes R15
~1000 TP 25567
~2000 TP 33469
3000 TP 41093

Fomalhaut R15
~1000 TP 17119
~2000 TP 22837
3000 TP 24832

Something is off here. What set you were using to get those numbers? I mean 1250TP (I assume you were using moonshade) Trueflight with Gastra, cant be stronger than 3000TP Trueflight with Fomal. Trueflight at 1250TP has ~4.54 fTP . At 3000TP is has 9.67. Thats more than twice higher fTP . After applying 49.5% bonus from R15 Gastra, you can calculate it as 6.787 fTP . So Fomal would still have 42% more damage. Now Fomal has no mab ammunition and Gastra has 30mab ammunition. there is no way tho, that 30mab can overcome 42% higher fTP . In bis set (even without sub hand weapon) without mab buffs, 30mab shouldn't be more than 10% increase. So again, what set you used for that test?

hello calculator person
I went back and redid the test just to make sure and be more surgical...
The question was directed for KC set (- Orpheus's Sash (don't have)), so
sets["Trueflight K-Club"] = {
main="Tauret",
sub="Kraken Club",
range="Gastraphetes",
ammo="Quelling Bolt",
neck="Scout's Gorget +2",
ear1="Friomisi Earring",
ear2="Moonshade Earring",
body="Cohort Cloak +1",R15
hands="Herculean Gloves",Mag. Acc.+20 "Mag.Atk.Bns."+20','Weapon skill damage +1%','AGI+2','Mag. Acc.+12','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+13'
ring1="Weatherspoon ring",
ring2="Dingir Ring",
back="Belenus's Cape",
waist="Eschan Stone",
legs="Arc. Braccae +3",
feet="Herculean Boots""Mag.Atk.Bns."+10','Mag. Acc.+18 "Mag.Atk.Bns."+18'
}

The reason I put ~ lines in front of the 1k 2k TP numbers was because getting exactly 1 0 0 0 is pretty much difficult but you know that. And obviously I don't need to give you a vocabulary/fact lesson in regards to recycle and how bolts work...usually on my firing climb to WS with gastra from starting 0TP I end up with ~11xxTP ~ 12xxTP regardless...
but,
just for the record messed around with the stp to get something like this

Gastraphetes R15
1060 TP 23725
Fomalhaut R15
3000 TP 24832 (re tried it several times same number)

Asura.Zeroburning said: »
not sure where you getting your math from but 3k tp fomal vs 3k tp Gasta no way a fomal will win

I believe the calculator person was referring to the fact that 1kTP gastra dmg was a bit higher then 3kTP fomal (please see my explanation above^)
By HyperKTM 2020-12-21 00:35:37
Link | Citer | R

No o sash
By SimonSes 2020-12-21 02:26:43
Link | Citer | R

The reason I put ~ lines in front of the 1k 2k TP numbers was because getting exactly 1 0 0 0 is pretty much difficult but you know that. And obviously I don't need to give you a vocabulary/fact lesson in regards to recycle and how bolts work...usually on my firing climb to WS with gastra from starting 0TP I end up with ~11xxTP ~ 12xxTP regardless...
but,

Gastraphetes R15
1060 TP 23725
Fomalhaut R15

Ok that makes more sense. You shouldnt really type 1000, when its not 1000. Just say it like in second post, that you aimed for 1000, but got 1xxx. Also if you want to check exact 1000 or 2000, you can simply ask some COR for Tactician roll and let regain do the work.

Based on that 1060 TP 23725, exact 1000TP would make 22936.

Regards,
Calculator Person
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2020-12-21 02:43:57
Link | Citer | R

Just going to drop this here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1g4bPomXoDunZ9gYlGX0a8jt0NltndyVq/view?usp=sharing
[+]
By Pipster 2020-12-21 03:01:07
Link | Citer | R

Thanks!
 Ragnarok.Nightmarelord
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: BushinNmL
By Ragnarok.Nightmarelord 2020-12-21 05:10:14
Link | Citer | R

Varies with targets and all that jazz, but arma and mythic are VERY close.

aeonic on the other hand has always seems pretty pointless at least TO ME for anything other than getting its ammo sash then dropping it like aeonic bow.

Mythic is basically for when you want to shoot the fastest and ws the fastest,

empy is for when u want that white dmg, they will be insane white dmg procs. currently i like the white dmg, esp if im solo farming some *** like omen. pulling a dead mob is always better than letting the mob actually get close enough to land a hit.

Lets talk about r15 yoichi tho. LOL (im kidding!!!)
By HyperKTM 2020-12-21 06:09:43
Link | Citer | R

There not close there both used for completely different situations mythic will be your go to for most situations arma for physical and a few niche things. "Mythic is basically for when you want to shoot the fastest and ws the fastest" no mythic is basically for when you want to do the most dmg on rng for most ***that matters tf and savage blade are king. 0
 Odin.Demhar
By Odin.Demhar 2020-12-21 12:16:07
Link | Citer | R

but,

Gastraphetes R15
1060 TP 23725
Fomalhaut R15

Ok that makes more sense. You shouldnt really type 1000, when its not 1000. Just say it like in second post, that you aimed for 1000, but got 1xxx. Also if you want to check exact 1000 or 2000, you can simply ask some COR for Tactician roll and let regain do the work.

Based on that 1060 TP 23725, exact 1000TP would make 22936.

Regards,
Calculator Person

Dear calculator person,
Thank you for Pulitzer Prize worthy advice on using COR for Tactician roll and how to write numbers, truly impressive!
The fact that disputed scenario of 1000 will almost never happen in actual game play practices makes this even more comical...

Also on the record,
Quote:
Something is off here. What set you were using to get those numbers? I mean 1250TP (I assume you were using moonshade) Trueflight with Gastra, cant be stronger than 3000TP Trueflight with Fomal. Trueflight at 1250TP has ~4.54 fTP . At 3000TP is has 9.67. Thats more than twice higher fTP . After applying 49.5% bonus from R15 Gastra, you can calculate it as 6.787 fTP . So Fomal would still have 42% more damage. Now Fomal has no mab ammunition and Gastra has 30mab ammunition. there is no way tho, that 30mab can overcome 42% higher fTP. In bis set (even without sub hand weapon) without mab buffs, 30mab shouldn't be more than 10% increase. So again, what set you used for that test?

Before making incorrect statements...
"So Fomal would still have 42% more damage."
22936+42% more damage = 32,569.12
32,569.12 ≠ 24832
You always seem to be missing the bigger picture. If you ever need e-hug ill be here <3

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Pipster 2020-12-21 12:48:37
Link | Citer | R

Hi Again! Thanks for the help on the prior question :)

Wondering if Blistering Sallet +1 R15 would be BiS for Jishnu's Radiance over Adhemar Bonnet +1? Thanks!
By SimonSes 2020-12-21 13:41:54
Link | Citer | R

Dear calculator person,
Thank you for Pulitzer Prize worthy advice on using COR for Tactician roll and how to write numbers, truly impressive!
The fact that disputed scenario of 1000 will almost never happen in actual game play practices makes this even more comical...

It doesnt matter if it happen or not. I didnt said you shouldnt compare real game numbers, I simply said you should describe them properly. If you aim for 1000, but get 1200, you should write it like that. You can even compare 1380TP to 1870, I dont care, but write it's 1380 and 1870, otherwise its confusing.

32,569.12 ≠ 24832
You always seem to be missing the bigger picture. If you ever need a hug ill be here <3

Its not incorrect statement. That 42% is before any gear. Its the base fTP advantage. Its my fault I wasnt clear enough. That number will change with gear, thats why I asked you what gear you used. You probably wont even read that seeing how aggressive you are towards math based approach (for no reason too), but maybe someone else is curious why there is such a big difference here.

So there is mainly 2 reasons for that and I will start from the smaller one.

Smaller one is magic damage. Magic damage from Tauret and Gastra will play a role here, because magic damage is not multiplied by fTP, so it will lower that 42% ftp advantage. Fomal also has only 155 magic damage which I overlooked. That alone will actually lower the Fomal advantage to 29%.

Now the biggest reason is because you test this on Tiny Mandragora. Tiny Mandragora has like 6INT maybe. This create a massive dAGI, which is also not multiplied by fTP . Normally dAGI wont be even close to that. In your set you have around 307 AGI. Many relevant 130+ lv mobs will have INT above 300. Some NMs even above 400. This means normally you wont be getting any dAGI.

Now lastly you obviously for some reason havent read the part you bolded yourself. I said Gastra has 30mab on ammo and Fomal doesn't and you still have taken number with Quelling Ammo and multiplyed it by 42% trying to aggressively show that my math is way off. No idea why you are angry. I tho you was joking, so I went with your joke, but suddenly you become hostile in next post. Maybe you are the one that needs a hug?
 Odin.Demhar
By Odin.Demhar 2020-12-21 13:52:55
Link | Citer | R

Dear calculator person,

It doesnt matter if it happen or not. I didnt said you shouldnt compare real game numbers, I simply said you should describe them properly. If you aim for 1000, but get 1200, you should write it like that. You can even compare 1380TP to 1870, I dont care, but write it's 1380 and 1870, otherwise its confusing.

32,569.12 ≠ 24832
You always seem to be missing the bigger picture. If you ever need a hug ill be here <3

Its not incorrect statement. That 42% is before any gear. Its the base fTP advantage. Its my fault I wasnt clear enough. That number will change with gear, thats why I asked you what gear you used. You probably wont even read that seeing how aggressive you are towards math based approach (for no reason too), but maybe someone else is curious why there is such a big difference here.

So there is mainly 2 reasons for that and I will start from the smaller one.

Smaller one is magic damage. Magic damage from Tauret and Gastra will play a role here, because magic damage is not multiplied by fTP, so it will lower that 42% ftp advantage. Fomal also has only 155 magic damage which I overlooked. That alone will actually lower the Fomal advantage to 29%.

Now the biggest reason is because you test this on Tiny Mandragora. Tiny Mandragora has like 6INT maybe. This create a massive dAGI, which is also not multiplied by fTP . Normally dAGI wont be even close to that. In your set you have around 307 AGI. Many relevant 130+ lv mobs will have INT above 300. Some NMs even above 400. This means normally you wont be getting any dAGI.

Now lastly you obviously for some reason havent read the part you bolded yourself. I said Gastra has 30mab on ammo and Fomal doesn't and you still have taken number with Quelling Ammo and multiplyed it by 42% trying to aggressively show that my math is way off. No idea why you are angry. I tho you was joking, so I went with your joke, but suddenly you become hostile in next post. Maybe you are the one that needs a hug?

lol you just love having the final say don't you? Asking me to be clear, yet you are not clear yourself. Arguing over few hundred damage over a sea of thousands is really comical...Not angry at all, this is very entertaining as mentioned above ~happy holidays
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 42 43 44 ... 97 98 99