You'll Shoot Your Eye Out! - New FFXI RNG Guide

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » You'll Shoot Your Eye Out! - New FFXI RNG Guide
You'll Shoot Your Eye Out! - New FFXI RNG Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 31 32 33 ... 97 98 99
By kunami 2020-06-05 17:44:19
Link | Citer | R

Updated the node with a little bit more about K club. Let me know what you all think.
[+]
 Asura.Aerox
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Aerox 2020-06-05 18:01:47
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Kaldaek said: »
Im not sure where the double cor thing came in?

We do NOT rotate parties.

COR COR RNG SCH BRD GEO

PLD RUN GEO WHM BRD COR

BLM RDM SMN GEO x x

We did all of our wave 3 just like that. I can hit 99k trueflights with 2k + TP

4song REMA bard
both geos idris
cors have rostams

support is ALWAYS welcomed with open arms.

Right, you have a 2nd cor in that party whereas my group doesn't we have 2rng and a cor. Be interested to know what buffs your cors and brds are doing and whether you are capping acc/avoiding 0 dmg hits.

I also hit 99k at 2k+tp but my issue was my tp gain was the same or lower than the rng who was non kc and actually fell behind a bit when his double shot was up. Maybe the Jeuno boss is just has more defense?
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2020-06-05 18:05:41
Link | Citer | R

Agreed.

I am not at all a numbers spreadsheet person. I test the builds in the field over number crunching.

Having said that I will make a DW cape and check it out for sure.

We need a video to show you it in action. The words aren't seeming to do it any justice.

When I came back to the game and you told me about this Kraken Club thing, and even the Savage Blade thing, I was honestly thinking:

But when I seen it in action, the parse, and got my wave 3 clears I was like:

And then I was all:
[+]
By Weeew 2020-06-05 18:10:01
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Aerox said: »
Im not sure where the double cor thing came in?

We do NOT rotate parties.

COR COR RNG SCH BRD GEO

PLD RUN GEO WHM BRD COR

BLM RDM SMN GEO x x

We did all of our wave 3 just like that. I can hit 99k trueflights with 2k + TP

4song REMA bard
both geos idris
cors have rostams

support is ALWAYS welcomed with open arms.

Right, you have a 2nd cor in that party whereas my group doesn't we have 2rng and a cor. Be interested to know what buffs your cors and brds are doing and whether you are capping acc/avoiding 0 dmg hits.

I also hit 99k at 2k+tp but my issue was my tp gain was the same or lower than the rng who was non kc and actually fell behind a bit when his double shot was up. Maybe the Jeuno boss is just has more defense?

If you are having attack issues hitting 0's you can always trade off 1 STP on neck to use Anu Torque gaining 20 attack, or 1 STP on ring to use Ilabrat ring gaining 25 attack.
[+]
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-06-05 19:39:09
Link | Citer | R

The Trueflight (kc) set on the front page needs Orpheus sash for non weather related things :P
 Asura.Biglovin
user: Monko
By Asura.Biglovin 2020-06-08 23:54:43
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »
Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »
That gets me my 11 Dual Wield from Adhemar+1 body and Suppa, vs the Kclub sets I've seen are 5/5 Malignance with the DW coming from one of two sources: either a DW+10 cape, or Reiki Yotai(waist)+Eabani Earring for 11.
Ranger is not on Reiki Yotai.
[+]
By olson2189 2020-06-16 20:55:10
Link | Citer | R

Is the idea behind 5/5 Malignance for KC TP set that with KC, multi-attack loses significant value, so it's better to focus on store TP?
[+]
By Taint 2020-06-16 21:05:14
Link | Citer | R

olson2189 said: »
Is the idea behind 5/5 Malignance for KC TP set that with KC, multi-attack loses significant value, so it's better to focus on store TP?

And the ACC. Only further issue can be hitting for 0.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-06-21 20:27:03
Link | Citer | R

That moment on Kei when you suddenly realize its your 5th Trueflight for over 75k dmg, and you haven't had Dirge or Animus Mineo the entire time.....

[+]
 Phoenix.Turtlevax
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Turtlewax
By Phoenix.Turtlevax 2020-06-21 20:41:23
Link | Citer | R

We call that a Tactical Enmity Drop™, just RR up and keep going :p
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-06-21 20:51:34
Link | Citer | R

...who said anything about dying? I'm talking tankin, Bro! ;)
 Phoenix.Turtlevax
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Turtlewax
By Phoenix.Turtlevax 2020-06-21 21:12:34
Link | Citer | R

I have a tendancy to fall over once Kei decides to wander over, even idling in malignance. Adds some spicyness whenever it happens to coincide with Fullers ^^
 Asura.Gotenn
user: Gotenn
By Asura.Gotenn 2020-06-22 00:00:36
Link | Citer | R

I always bring a SMN with me with I do Kei, and just shed hate with carbuncle every skillchain.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-06-22 00:34:08
Link | Citer | R

it was completely unnecessary, but so much damn fun-

Last night did a completely overmanned Kei that had 2 gastra RNGs and 2 SCHs. We just alternated SCs the whole time, obviously never had hate issues, and discord was just full of barking about who got to have Blazed bubbles up and who didn't for the parse war.

Again, obviously overmanned, but damn it was fun to alternate.
 Asura.Ratchett
By Asura.Ratchett 2020-06-23 19:36:59
Link | Citer | R

I am just wondering as a rng what is the best sets to use for hotshot/wildfire. looking for another ws to use outside trueflight
By kunami 2020-06-28 11:32:59
Link | Citer | R

Added some clubbing capes to the ambuscade section.

Cheers.
By HyperKTM 2020-06-28 12:01:48
Link | Citer | R

Perfect I was wondering what's the best Cape to wear when I hit the club
 Bismarck.Zalena
VIP
Serveur: Bismarck
user: alyria
By Bismarck.Zalena 2020-06-29 12:16:02
Link | Citer | R

The guide doesn't mention which path for the Nibiru Gun augmentation. It mentions that it's good for a low end last stand. I am curious for what path is best for Last Stand out of the paths:

Rank 15
Path A: STR+10 RACC+15 Store TP+3
Path B: HP+50 AGI+10 RACC+20
Path C: STR+10 RATK+15 RACC+15
Path D: STR+15 AGI+7 Store TP+7
By Viciouss 2020-06-29 12:20:26
Link | Citer | R

I would choose Path C.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-06-29 12:26:49
Link | Citer | R

path B will be your best raw accuracy option, as the AGI gives a little along with the 20 racc. Last Stand is also 100% AGI dSTAT, so it does help with the WS modifiers. STR helps in base dmg of the WS just because its STR...not because its a direct WSstat.

Path D would likely hit hardest and the +7STP will help your xHit build be closest to a Fomalhaut. But your other gear slots need to be racc-heavy or you're facing stuff that's lower level..like up to Tier 2 Reisenjima or Omen (not bosses).

Path A is just an attempt to get a little of everything- that never works out well. And in my book, path C looks balanced and would be fine to use- I just think that B would be more accurate and D hit harder...so I question why go other routes and halfass something.
[+]
By HyperKTM 2020-06-29 13:13:12
Link | Citer | R

Get a doomsday
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-06-29 13:27:30
Link | Citer | R

HyperKTM said: »
Get a doomsday

If talking Escha-level weaponry, I'd suggest a Holliday over either, but I can envision a situation where they have a Nibiru and can self farm the eschalixirs, essentially making that a totally free option to hold them over.

Doomsday is going to get easier augments related to Magical Weaponskills, but will lack power for Last Stand and also be a little skimpy in ranged accuracy. Holliday is much better balanced in base stats as well as augments, and be useful for both Physical and Magical Weaponskills, not to mention TP better.

Nibiru will probably out-perform most Doomsdays for TP phase and Physical Weaponskills, but lose on Trueflight, and probably Wildfire in most cases.
[+]
By kunami 2020-06-29 13:46:02
Link | Citer | R

Actually in the gear set section it shows path C for Nibiru gun but it shows a homestead gun in the actual gear set...

It isn't called out in the "Arsenal" section, however

I'll try and clean it up a little later.
 Bismarck.Zalena
VIP
Serveur: Bismarck
user: alyria
By Bismarck.Zalena 2020-06-29 23:02:14
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
HyperKTM said: »
Get a doomsday

If talking Escha-level weaponry, I'd suggest a Holliday over either, but I can envision a situation where they have a Nibiru and can self farm the eschalixirs, essentially making that a totally free option to hold them over.

Doomsday is going to get easier augments related to Magical Weaponskills, but will lack power for Last Stand and also be a little skimpy in ranged accuracy. Holliday is much better balanced in base stats as well as augments, and be useful for both Physical and Magical Weaponskills, not to mention TP better.

Nibiru will probably out-perform most Doomsdays for TP phase and Physical Weaponskills, but lose on Trueflight, and probably Wildfire in most cases.

Thank you for a detailed explanation for this. I actually got both last night a Nibiru and the Holliday. I wanted to augment both (because I want to), however I do not know what to do with the Holliday augmentation yet, so I am reading more on that.

What happens is many people who have been playing this a very long time with better gear etc. assume folks asking these types of questions have been playing for a long time. I actually just got to 99 about 3 weeks ago and been trying to gear up. I just literally finished ROV last friday and unlocked a few more things.

Thank you for the response, helped me understand more about Holliday.
By HyperKTM 2020-06-30 00:41:58
Link | Citer | R

Get a doomsday put a few stones in it for 7%wsd 19agi/19str 19matb/19macc and use trueflight. Last stand damage is pretty underwhelming on most mobs vs trueflight.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By Delagyela 2020-06-30 07:44:12
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Questaru said: »
can someone burn my RNG to 99, im like lvl 92

Halfway there.
/cries in runescape
 Fenrir.Aladeus
user: Aladeus
By Fenrir.Aladeus 2020-06-30 10:23:03
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Questaru said: »
can someone burn my RNG to 99, im like lvl 92

sure just server hop on over to fenrir and i'll take care of you.
By ksoze 2020-07-04 00:56:51
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Toralin said: »
OK Who has actually got AGI/MAB/WSD from Oseem for Trueflight.. Just ripped through 10,000 stones and never saw that combo once.

Old post but Just for reference.
This combo is possible with taupe stones.
I have't seen great number tho, actually this is the only one -_-'
250 stones

magic attack bonus 10 - weapon skill damage 1 - agi 9
By SimonSes 2020-07-04 01:33:19
Link | Citer | R

ksoze said: »
Asura.Toralin said: »
OK Who has actually got AGI/MAB/WSD from Oseem for Trueflight.. Just ripped through 10,000 stones and never saw that combo once.

Old post but Just for reference.
This combo is possible with taupe stones.
I have't seen great number tho.

Its possible but agi is off path, which means odds for that combo is super low and to get it with high enough numbers to beat simple maxed wsd+mab is extremely low to the point you shouldnt even try. Just go for max wsd and mab.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 31 32 33 ... 97 98 99