First Page 2 3 ... 22 23 24 ... 97 98 99
 Ramuh.Austar
Serveur: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2020-01-24 08:55:27
Link | Citer | R

double shot doesn't proc on ws
double shot + gear only works when the JA is active as well, besides the relic body which is tied to merits
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-01-24 08:57:22
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Ajirha said: »
are you completely disregarduing the 81 ranged attack from the relic feet? oshosi only has the racc, not the ratt. so bit higher chances of multi hits vs 10 less dex and 81 ratt.
i'm a bit curious as to what we consider here.

If I'm getting buffs, and that's the ONLY time I'm using Gandiva, I'm going to be attack capped. Extra +RATK is wasted.

regarding "higher chances of multi-hits"- see Austar's comment above.
By kunami 2020-01-24 09:12:44
Link | Citer | R

Updated the Jishnu set based on what I read lately.
By FaeQueenCory 2020-01-24 09:22:03
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Austar said: »
double shot doesn't proc on ws
double shot + gear only works when the JA is active as well, besides the relic body which is tied to merits
Ah then nevermind. That's good to know. I had thought it was the same as QA/TA/DA on gear.
By SimonSes 2020-01-24 09:44:43
Link | Citer | R

FaeQueenCory said: »
The additional hits may make up for the loss of 8 base damage.

Wait what? Ranged WS can proc double shot? First time hearing this >.>

EDIT: yeah I thought so..
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-01-24 09:48:03
Link | Citer | R

SimonSes said: »
The additional hits may make up for the loss of 8 base damage.

Wait what? Ranged WS can proc double shot? First time hearing this >.>

+doubleshot rate gear does NOT work without the JA active, outside of the Relic+3 body which does have a low natural doubleshot rate based around the amount of merits you have in "Snapshot"- it adds a 1% natural doubleshot rate per merit that will be active with or without the JA active.

Even in this situation, though, doubleshot never procs on WSs.
By Demhar 2020-01-24 11:31:01
Link | Citer | R

SimonSes said: »
Demhar said: »
As promised, went back in again and did further testing with the same set up and the results are the following.

ItemSet 370990

ItemSet 367932

The difference very subtle but Sherida Earring pulls ahead. Hope this was somewhat helpful.

The difference isnt Subtle. 2nd set has 2500 higher avg. Which already shows that this amount of sample is not enough, because 2500 damage is nowhere near the real difference.

That being said, I need to ask you:
1. Do you control the lvl of those bats? Apex bats in Dho gates can have from 128 to 130lv. Testing on 128lv vs 130lv would be fail.
2. Do you always WS at exactly the same TP? If yes, how much TP it is?

1) All the bats were killed in I/J-9-10 area. If lvl of the bats are random regardless of the area they pop then I wouldn't know. I am not sure if ID tag will tell me that information.
2) All the WS's were done under 1100 TP.
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-01-24 11:38:39
Link | Citer | R

a ctrl-C of a mob will give you the level.
[+]
By Demhar 2020-01-24 11:45:57
Link | Citer | R

kunami said: »
Updated the Jishnu set based on what I read lately.

Thank you for updating. We might end up with 2 sets.
1) when rattk is capped.
2) when rattk is not.
I will be running more tests.

Regarding Oshi+1 feet and Theroid.
I have used both in multiple situations. They both fall short when buffs are not capped.
Celebrindal made a good point about rattk cap mentioned above. I'm going to try to test this again with rattk cap see how much the difference is. Thank you everyone for your inputs.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2020-01-24 11:48:31
Link | Citer | R

you're not going to notice a difference between su3 and relic+3 feet anyways if attack is capped and between the two should just use relic+3

thereid doesn't come with ranged acc, so pay attention to that
[+]
By Demhar 2020-01-24 11:56:47
Link | Citer | R

you're not going to notice a difference between su3 and relic+3 feet anyways if attack is capped and between the two should just use relic+3

thereid doesn't come with ranged acc, so pay attention to that

I totally agree, that is why I always go back to relic +3 feet after swapping them around all the time. 3 hit WS can go wrong fast when you miss one hit. the extra racc on the relic +3 feet is additional security to that.
[+]
By kunami 2020-01-24 13:27:36
Link | Citer | R

Going down the path of making sets for all kinds of different buff conditions is kind of unappetizing to me. In my experience most groups have buff mules that people bring so I will probably leave them and make a note about buffs or something. The meta we're in, half or more of your damage is coming from the COR/BRD/GEO/et al anyway. (That number was pulled out of my *** don't @ me) This is the support meta world we live in.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2020-01-24 14:37:21
Link | Citer | R

Sherida really better than Mache +1 for JR? I haven't done any serious testing/investigation, but an additional DEX+3 seems like it should beat STR+5/STP+5 unless you really need to maintain that STP in your WS set.
[+]
By Demhar 2020-01-24 16:17:40
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
Sherida really better than Mache +1 for JR? I haven't done any serious testing/investigation, but an additional DEX+3 seems like it should beat STR+5/STP+5 unless you really need to maintain that STP in your WS set.

I will look in to this and Ilabrat Ring and post results again. Thank you!
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2020-01-24 16:29:38
Link | Citer | R

a non-important amount of difference at best for mache +1
[+]
By FaeQueenCory 2020-01-24 18:52:34
Link | Citer | R

DEX+8 is +6.4 base damage for Jishnu's.
STR+5 DEX+5 is +~6.5 base damage.
The two should be nigh identical in output for Jishnu's, or in other words:
a non-important amount of difference at best
[+]
By Demhar 2020-01-24 19:04:26
Link | Citer | R

DEX+8 is +6.4 base damage for Jishnu's.
STR+5 DEX+5 is +~6.5 base damage.
The two should be nigh identical in output for Jishnu's, or in other words:
a non-important amount of difference at best

Awesome. Then it comes down to Ilabrat Ring vs Begrudging Ring. I'll see how that works out tonight. Thank you.
By Demhar 2020-01-25 03:51:20
Link | Citer | R

Update:

Back at it again with same set up. Results are the following.

ItemSet 371006
(Ilabrat Ring was swapped with Begrudging Ring)

ItemSet 371007
(This set is currently in the RNG guide.)

ItemSet 367932
(went back to my favorite set again to record more numbers)

Notes: I was missing a lot more on Thereoid set. The missed hit WS's were not recorded.
 Asura.Outlawbruce
Serveur: Asura
user: Cronnus
By Asura.Outlawbruce 2020-01-27 08:03:50
Link | Citer | R

ItemSet 371021

Tested this in a wave 2 run farming. Here are the buffs I had. And what buffs would be nice to make even even better than what it already is.

Indi-Acumen, Geo-Agi, entrust precision, wizards roll, Sam's roll (regal neck), honor march, blade madrigal, quick etude, swift etude, haste, Aurorastorm II, sub job: DRG, stew pot.

I should of had 5 songs and added sword madrigal.

What could be added: Another cor for hunters roll (bonus acc for being rng), tact roll,

BLM was using vidohunir to lower magic defense and Burn to lower mobs INT for trueflight and Leaden.

The damage potential is extremely good. Especially with another cor in the mix. I was shocked by not having 2 malevolence daggers what trueflight was still doing. And how fast it was getting TP

Edit. Set is suppose to be KC and Nusku shield. Also jumps with Malignance is pretty awesome.
 Shiva.Thorny
Serveur: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-01-27 08:17:32
Link | Citer | R

You'd likely be better off /war than /drg, as fencer is pretty awesome for trueflight. Probably drop cessance for odr or tripudio if available, as well.
 Asura.Outlawbruce
By Asura.Outlawbruce 2020-01-27 08:59:49
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Thorny said: »
You'd likely be better off /war than /drg, as fencer is pretty awesome for trueflight. Probably drop cessance for odr or tripudio if available, as well.

Completely forgot about fencer. Mind was wrapped around 7wsd. I'll give that one a go next time.

What about sherida over tripudio? Or is the DA not synergize well with the KC?
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2020-01-27 09:03:13
Link | Citer | R

Single wielding a KC, you probably want as little DA as possible. It will slow your TP generation every time a DA procs instead of a KC MA (close to every time). 5% DA on Sherida is probably too much, you can get away with the 1% on the Telos because of the other stats.
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-01-27 11:37:03
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Thorny said: »

I know you and your penchant for not just "experiencing" the difference between the two before commenting- I'm guessing you've run some hard numbers.

Does Fencer win out over DRG's added WSD since update because most Trueflight builds are already high on WSD, so its not as potent? Or is it more abusing the scaling TP on Trueflight? I'm just curious how +200 TP wins out over +7% WSD...because TF isn't benefiting from the +crit rate-the other benefit of Fencer.

I'm also curious if this is with Fomalhaut or Gastraphetes. I can see that if you have Fencer I for +200TP, Fomalhaut's +500TP, and Moonshade's +250TP resulting in doing 1k Trueflights with the result being a 2k Trueflight being quite amazing for spam situations, but quickly losing potency above 2k "real" TP. This is extremely interesting to me, and I'm just curious about the conditions.
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2020-01-27 11:49:30
Link | Citer | R

How often is rng WS at 3k is something to think about and also the Double attack from /war that hurts TP build
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2020-01-27 11:55:47
Link | Citer | R

/WAR Trueflight is equal to /DRG at 2800 TP, but obviously no benefit to more than 2800 with /WAR

/WAR will give better numbers until then
[+]
By SimonSes 2020-01-27 11:58:11
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »
DRG's added WSD since update because most Trueflight builds are already high on WSD

WSD from DRG's trait is unique multiplier for all hits of the WS. Having WSD gear doesn't have any negative impact for it.
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-01-27 12:00:12
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Bippin said: »
How often is rng WS at 3k is something to think about and also the Double attack from /war that hurts TP build

I think most people who play RNG in a variety of situations see saving TP up to 3k every now and then, and spamming WS's ASAP as well. Here's a few times for each that I regularly see:

"Saving TP moments"-

-If closing a SC with Trueflight, like in situations of Kei or that style fight, I'm always saving TP to at least 2500TP.

-If closing a SC with any WS in a 2 DD setup, I'm almost always over 2k TP, just due to the nature of our builds and shooting.

(both of these situations are pure "shooting for TP and WS" situations- not melee.

"Spamming WS moments"-

-Schah Fight done RNG style. This is typically with several shooters using physical damage, and killing all adds. I prefer it with all Fomalhaut/Annihilator users, and yes skillchains will happen naturally, but not by design. So its just spamming that Last Stand or Coronach macro the moment you cross the threshold.

-If meleeing for TP but using ranged WS. The only situation where you melee for TP but don't use right at 1k I can think of would be a situation like a Dynamis-Divergence Red-eye statue NM, small man setup, where you choose to melee for TP, but are closing a two-step SC with Trueflight opened by someone else.

-If using Coronach or Wildfire. Neither of these two WSs scale with TP, so for just raw damage not counting SC dmg, you'll parse better by just using the moment you can (unless putting up AM3 with the relevant weaponry).

-Self Skillchaining with doubleshot up. In that case, saving TP will likely prevent you from getting that 2nd WS in the window to chain.

So yes, the need to either save or spend TP can arise for us depending on the plan.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2020-01-27 12:55:36
Link | Citer | R

/WAR Trueflight is equal to /DRG at 2800 TP, but obviously no benefit to more than 2800 with /WAR

/WAR will give better numbers until then

Followup, how does /war affect TP gain with the addition of 10% DA when the user is using Kracken Club. Does it negatively affect it enough to compensate for the additional +200 TP Bonus from Fencer?

Does that affect the picture when comparing to /drg and it's 7% TWSD (Total WSD) bonus?
 Asura.Outlawbruce
By Asura.Outlawbruce 2020-01-27 13:09:25
Link | Citer | R

What I liked was the jump and high jump and how much TP they produced all the STP in the set and Sam's roll. You can fire off a trueflight, Then all the club hits and jump and you're immediately firing off another for over 2k. The method is way faster TPing than shooting. I didnt try with Volte mobs. But sounds like a few people have already made it work.

How often rng gets TP at 3k is a little absurd with that set. Never triggering a 1hr ability because all hits are for 1-30 dmg.

The small amounts of crit does help with /war. There was several times I hit for 0 damage. Might be better for a 2nd cor to chaos/hunters to make sure that doesnt happen.
By Hammrtime 2020-01-27 13:26:33
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
The small amounts of crit does help with /war. There was several times I hit for 0 damage. Might be better for a 2nd cor to chaos/hunters to make sure that doesnt happen.

This may make berserk beneficial too, along with aggressor, you are technically at a higher ACC (though this would only be 60% of the time) than the /drg acc trait gives. So, you may be connecting your hits more often for over 0dmg, which could negate the negative effects the DA+ /war gives. But, the DA+ is definitely a negative to what your setup is trying to accomplish, so continuing to go /drg would probably still be a solid choice. Even more so if you are bringing an extra cor for chaos/hunters.
First Page 2 3 ... 22 23 24 ... 97 98 99