Game: FFXI
By Siren.Kyte 2019-06-02 18:29:13
Link | Citer | R

15 AGI 4 WSD
By CerberusFreaky 2019-06-18 16:21:57
Link | Citer | R

anyone that can provide a simple Lua?

the one provided in the guide ~First and Final Line of Defense v2.0~
is very simple to use... perhaps something similar?
 Odin.Archaide
Serveur: Odin
user: Archaide
By Odin.Archaide 2019-06-18 20:06:39
Link | Citer | R

CerberusFreaky said: »
anyone that can provide a simple Lua?

the one provided in the guide ~First and Final Line of Defense v2.0~
is very simple to use... perhaps something similar?

https://pastebin.com/5XSTyNVR

Here's mine, pretty simple. I use the in game gearsets to change weapons.
Serveur: Asura
user: Lilfrosty
By Asura.Krunchymuffin 2019-06-23 08:41:07
Link | Citer | R

If I am quite a ways away from Gastra, what is a solid option for attempting a TF gun? Holliday aug's (&what might be minimum augs required) - or just keep rng in a closet until Gastra is unlocked?

-Thanks

*Have Anni, just haven't AG'd it since won't be used for TF. >< Don't yell @me :D
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-06-23 08:50:56
Link | Citer | R

fomalhaut
[+]
 Asura.Aerox
By Asura.Aerox 2019-06-23 08:53:39
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Krunchymuffin said: »
If I am quite a ways away from Gastra, what is a solid option for attempting a TF gun? Holliday aug's (&what might be minimum augs required) - or just keep rng in a closet until Gastra is unlocked?

-Thanks

*Have Anni, just haven't AG'd it since won't be used for TF. >< Don't yell @me :D

I used AG Anni and Formalhaut for TF before Gastra and it was good enough for closing fusions in omen or 1-shotting stats in wave 1 dyna d but only just barely without cor rolls. The jump with Gastra is just incredible...
Holliday with good augs could do well but you'll be more reliant on good buffs and gear to reach decent numbers.
By Lilfrosty 2019-06-23 08:56:19
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
fomalhaut
Kinda purposely left that out :X Q.Q I sux
By Lilfrosty 2019-06-23 08:57:07
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Aerox said: »

-Thanks

I used AG Anni and Formalhaut for TF before Gastra and it was good enough for closing fusions in omen or 1-shotting stats in wave 1 dyna d but only just barely without cor rolls. The jump with Gastra is just incredible...
Holliday with good augs could do well but you'll be more reliant on good buffs and gear to reach decent numbers.

Thank you much ^^ for advice
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-06-23 08:59:55
Link | Citer | R

probably an unpopular opinion, but considering you're on asura i'd consider throwing gil at fomalhaut instead of gastra, it's close to as good for trueflight and much better for last stand.. plus it doubles as a solid cor weapon if you have any interest in that job
[+]
By Lilfrosty 2019-06-23 09:01:13
Link | Citer | R

probably an unpopular opinion, but considering you're on asura i'd consider throwing gil at fomalhaut instead of gastra, it's close to as good for trueflight and much better for last stand.. plus it doubles as a solid cor weapon if you have any interest in that job

Yeah valid point for sure man appreciate it^^
My own personal issue with hatred and difficulty on Aeonic clears lol
 Asura.Aerox
By Asura.Aerox 2019-06-23 09:04:28
Link | Citer | R

For versatility formalhaut is the much better option. But i've never had as much fun with a weapon as i have with gastra :) That low delay and snapshot... paired with aurastorm a cor and geo and its devastating xD

So i guess it depends on what content you plan on using rng for. If just dyna D i'd say gastra but if it will be your main dps for omen/ambu then formalhaut is prob the better shout.
By Lilfrosty 2019-06-23 09:05:09
Link | Citer | R

For versatility formalhaut is the much better option. But i've never had as much fun with a weapon as i have with gastra :) That low delay and snapshot... paired with aurastorm a cor and geo and its devastating xD

So i guess it depends on what content you plan on using rng for. If just dyna D i'd say gastra but if it will be your main dps for omen/ambu then formalhaut is prob the better shout.

Thank you^^
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2019-06-23 09:25:46
Link | Citer | R

agreed. Without question Fomalhaut is gonna be your 2nd best TF gun all the way up to 2499 TP. Higher than that the TP bonus on Foma that gives it the edge is worthless, and an Armageddon will move into 2nd place due to its crazy high AGI.

Foma's versatility can't be argued. The only problem I have with it these days is the hate generation that can be an issue at times. Nothing worse than popping doubleshot with the Relic+3 body and self-chaining Last Stands with Fomalhaut to have the mob move out of bubble and/or fire off an AoE near the backline.

If you're gonna build a single RMEA and RP it up, Fomalhaut is your best single option. If you're going to do 2+ weapons, pairing a Gastraphetes with an Annihilator covers all your bases with your best Magical weapon(don't forget those lovely MAB laden bolts that keep Wildfire competitive) and one for Physical weaponskills that can keep you nigh invisible on the target's hate list. Having said that, I do love my Armageddon more than almost anything these days, giving you all three ways to deal damage in acceptable ways- Strong Magical weaponskills, Strong Physical Weaponskill, and killer white damage.
[+]
By Lilfrosty 2019-06-23 09:52:39
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
agreed. Without question Fomalhaut is gonna be your 2nd best TF gun all the way up to 2499 TP. Higher than that the TP bonus on Foma that gives it the edge is worthless, and an Armageddon will move into 2nd place due to its crazy high AGI.

Foma's versatility can't be argued. The only problem I have with it these days is the hate generation that can be an issue at times. Nothing worse than popping doubleshot with the Relic+3 body and self-chaining Last Stands with Fomalhaut to have the mob move out of bubble and/or fire off an AoE near the backline.

If you're gonna build a single RMEA and RP it up, Fomalhaut is your best single option. If you're going to do 2+ weapons, pairing a Gastraphetes with an Annihilator covers all your bases with your best Magical weapon(don't forget those lovely MAB laden bolts that keep Wildfire competitive) and one for Physical weaponskills that can keep you nigh invisible on the target's hate list. Having said that, I do love my Armageddon more than almost anything these days, giving you all three ways to deal damage in acceptable ways- Strong Magical weaponskills, Strong Physical Weaponskill, and killer white damage.

Thank you! Currently sitting on Anni 119 no AG, I think based on everyone's kind advice an investment has to be made into fomalhaut until the long conquest of a Gastra can be made :D
By Artsncrafts 2019-06-24 12:21:38
Link | Citer | R

Is Magical daggers still beast in sot?
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2019-06-24 12:59:22
Link | Citer | R

Completely depends on your objective. Trueflight spam? Certainly. Last Stand build? Right now I'm enjoying Perun Axe +1 and Odium as I can live without the STP and racc on the shield, and since these days I'm /dnc for most events (do not laugh at the skill chain bonus from /dnc) I'm taking advantage of the dual wield.

It really depends on what you're doing that dictates main, sub, and range slots. About the only concrete rule is that if you're using a gun, chrono bullets are a must. Again I say I wish that quelling bolts were loadable in the foma and arma.
[+]
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2019-06-24 14:28:23
Link | Citer | R

Still pushing for Unlimited shot and Double Shot to be taken of shared timers or Make the Unlimited shot recast Merit count for double shot as well. Or at least change the Group 1 Merits to something useful. When does Unlimited shot really ever get used? And it’s dumb that it wears after 1 use and doesn’t even stack with barrage.

Allow Decoy shot to proc on WS so we aren’t getting railroaded using anything other than anni.

Make Bows Great Again.

And for the love of god can we please get some Mab/WSD on empy+3? Put your *** for cor down for 2 secs.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2019-06-24 14:54:15
Link | Citer | R

the only time I recall Unlimited Shot being viable was before the RMEAs spat out ammo and we had the Amikimii Bullet. A small window, true.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2019-06-24 15:09:38
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Topace said: »
Allow Decoy shot to proc on WS so we aren’t getting railroaded using anything other than anni.

I disagree that Anni is the only option that helps you deal with enmity. A few other significant factors below. Armageddon can take advantage of all three of these - making it a pretty strong enmity mitigating weapon in its own right.

1) Stronger white damage = more hate planted on the tank during decoy. Notable for both Empys in particular, with damage split MUCH more heavily shifted toward white damage than other weapons thanks to AM3 crits.

2) Wildfire, if viable, has inherent enmity reduction due to Enm- TP modifier.

3) Magical WS in general (TF, WF, Hot Shot) = much lower enmity generated than physical WS due to how enmity mechanics account for damage multipliers. From current BG Wiki enmity page:
Quote:
Also, in the case of Magical-type Weapon Skills, the "Damage Dealt" is the damage the weaponskill would do without the dSTAT or multipliers like Magic Attack Bonus, Day/Weather Bonus, Staff Bonus, or Magic Affinity.

Obviously, the one weapon/WS combo that gets none of the above is Fomalhaut spamming Last Stand. So that's your worst case enmity choice, but one that a lot of people tend to use and wonder why the heck they're getting the backline killed...

Right now I'm enjoying Perun Axe +1 and Odium as I can live without the STP and racc on the shield, and since these days I'm /dnc for most events (do not laugh at the skill chain bonus from /dnc) I'm taking advantage of the dual wield.

Indeed, don't laugh at /DNC 8% SC Bonus. That plus stats from offhand weapon are what makes me use /DNC most of the time too!

I also tend to use an offhand weapon when dual wielding, and not shield. Lot of options, whether Malevolence (my normal choice), or if using more physical WS something from the Odium, Kustawi +1, NQ Perun, Ternion +1 group...

Though, if using mostly physical WS there's something to be said for /WAR and shield due to Fencer applying to ranged WS (and Berserk if you aren't capped Ratk). I'm usually pretty tempted to /WAR and Perun+1/Nusku when I'm in a situation calling for a lot of Last Stand.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2019-06-24 15:44:45
Link | Citer | R

Fencer is indeed badass that it affects ranged WS and is an incredible argument for /WAR...imo a better argument than Berserk due to the hyper-buffed scenarios we often find ourselves in these days.

A question for the hivemind- due to our nature of pulling hate with toys like Fomalhaut, might standing at ideal True Shot range be viable if the Fury bubble can be positioned to include us as well as other members of the party who are in melee range of the target? This could keep the true backline safe and increase our white damage DPS. Again, would love for someone to come in with strong reasoning to shoot this down, but its something I've been wondering about lately. (honestly I could see this working better with Guns and Crossbows due to the closer range Trueshot window vs. Bows.)
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2019-06-24 16:00:02
Link | Citer | R

Fencer is indeed badass that it affects ranged WS and is an incredible argument for /WAR...imo a better argument than Berserk due to the hyper-buffed scenarios we often find ourselves in these days.

Until recently, Fencer > Berserk was also my rule of thumb for why to /WAR... but IDK that the logic still holds up quite as well since the addition of PDL+ Tier III trait and JSE neck augments. Certainly still possible to cap Ratk, but it's significantly harder now so not something I'd just assume to be the case on high end content, even with pretty good buffs.

Quote:
A question for the hivemind- due to our nature of pulling hate with toys like Fomalhaut, might standing at ideal True Shot range be viable if the Fury bubble can be positioned to include us as well as other members of the party who are in melee range of the target? This could keep the true backline safe and increase our white damage DPS. Again, would love for someone to come in with strong reasoning to shoot this down, but its something I've been wondering about lately. (honestly I could see this working better with Guns and Crossbows due to the closer range Trueshot window vs. Bows.)

IMO, that's a pretty compelling argument on play style assuming you are bringing RNG and focusing on physical damage.

However, that's also potentially an argument against using RNG at all, and just bringing melee DPS instead who can put out higher damage (and probably survive better in AoE range than wet paper bag RNGs).

Still, there aren't possible scenarios where it could work:

1) Events where the "up close" style is valuable for part of the event, but other parts of the same event (i.e., particular NMs that are only part of the entire event) call for the added safety of attacking from outside of AoE range. More compelling if you don't need to rely on the enmity magnet of Last Stand for those parts of the event that warrant standing further back.

2) Situations where RNG magical WS make its overall damage beat a melee alternative (but if you can use magical WS, enmity is less of a concern anyway and you can probably stand back... not that it isn't still at least somewhat of a concern though)
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-06-24 16:02:15
Link | Citer | R

if you have to hybrid, it's pointless

if not, it's beneficial, whms get more back off their curagas and the fury solution is helpful

doesn't really change much about rng though, just a situational thought
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2019-06-24 16:06:33
Link | Citer | R

if not, it's beneficial, whms get more back off their curagas and the fury solution is helpful

Edited my post just after you posted... but yeah, this is a good point. I'm struggling a bit to figure out why I wouldn't just prefer a [DRK SAM WAR DRG DNC whatever] to fill the up-close physical damage role though. Seems like those jobs would do more damage and stand a better chance of survival in most cases. Aside from the example I gave of an event where up close is fine for part of the event, but having the ability to fall back and shoot from a safe distance is important in other parts of the event.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-06-24 16:07:42
Link | Citer | R

i was picturing omen or dynamis where you have a reason to be on the job past which job is best for the event, but it really isn't a particularly new or amazing thought anyway.. just a bit of common sense in an uncommon situation
[+]
By Rixit 2019-06-25 23:52:42
Link | Citer | R

Unpopular, and prolly dead wrong opinion also...

Only time on Dynamis you'd use Last Stand would be wave 2 boss or the elemental things in wave 3. There's a couple other situations too, in omen, vs. mobs with high magic resistance/light resistance.. that's ... about it. Everything else Trueflight murders Last Stand.

Gastra is a better weapon anyway, snapshot +10 equates to like +18 rapid shot vs. Fomal because of the sets vs. sets (not 100% on that number without looking at sets, but it's obvious Fomal is at a disadvantage there).. Barrage..

If you're going to really play RNG, you'll spend more than a billion gil gearing it up. Trying to do it on the cheap will get you cheap results, it's a job that costs alot to be worthwhile. Is what it is.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2019-06-26 11:00:33
Link | Citer | R

Gastraphetes isn't a superior weapon. It's an incredibly overpowered niche weapon, suited for only magical weapon skills. It's Last Stands are pathetic.

Contrast that with the Fomalhaut that's being discussed here. An absolute beast of the physical WS world, King of Last Stands and the aftermath allows self chaining with double shot up. And since Trueflight scales with TP, it's your second best weapon up to 2499TP (as mentioned above), meaning when you're spamming TF, it'll pack a better punch at low TP.

If you're rolling with a group that solely uses Rangers and Corsairs for damage, yes you're gonna be buffed for magical WSs, and Gastra will win out on wave 3. But if you're in a group that typically uses heavy DDs, then you're buffed for physical damage, leaving Trueflight lacking when facing double darkness weather and no malaise. If you argue "what about Wildfire?" Then argue for an Armageddon, again a better hybrid weapon choice.

Outside of Dynamis-D, Foma wins for pure damage almost everywhere because aftermath Last Stand plays better with other DDs. If you can't manage the hate from it, Gastraphetes loses there to an Annihilator, an almost hate free monster once RPed. But Annihilator is a very poor Trueflight weapon, limiting you to physical damage.

The arguement was for "if you're going to do just one". And in that case, I'll always advise Fomalhaut or Armageddon. They're the tops for hybrid options that cover your bases quite well. Your arguement of the snapshot on Gastra loses its punch when adding in Foma's STP+10. Add in that both Foma and Arma are useable but both Ranger and Corsair- an all too common pairing of jobs due to common gear.

I LOVE my Gastra. But I know what it is.
[+]
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2019-06-26 11:57:18
Link | Citer | R

-Thanks

If Gastra or Fomalhaut aren't an option, 3rd best is probably a Doomsday with Matk, AGI, WSD augs from Skirmish 2. Or amazing DM augs on a Holliday.

I think it's possible to get +25 matk, +18 AGI, +7% WSD

Edit: I guess a 119 III Anni might be better with +155 mdmg, but I don't know.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-06-26 12:23:34
Link | Citer | R

Rixit said: »
Unpopular, and prolly dead wrong opinion also...

Only time on Dynamis you'd use Last Stand would be wave 2 boss or the elemental things in wave 3. There's a couple other situations too, in omen, vs. mobs with high magic resistance/light resistance.. that's ... about it. Everything else Trueflight murders Last Stand.
This is buff dependant. But, more importantly, the difference between an unaugmented fomalhaut and an unaugmented gastraphetes is less than 10% in favor of Gastraphetes when using trueflight. When using last stand, it's over 25% in favor of fomalhaut. When on COR, fomalhaut is the only one that matters. You're talking about a small gain when using trueflight vs a significant gain when not.

Quote:
Gastra is a better weapon anyway, snapshot +10 equates to like +18 rapid shot vs. Fomal because of the sets vs. sets (not 100% on that number without looking at sets, but it's obvious Fomal is at a disadvantage there).. Barrage..
You're talking to the guy who tested ranged delay to quantify those stats in the first place. No, 18 rapid shot is not game changing. In many cases, you can go several fights without actually gaining -anything- from it. On the topic of delay, packet intervals cost lower delay weapons more than higher delay weapons, to the point Gastra has a lower TP/time than Fom before even factoring store tp.

Quote:
If you're going to really play RNG, you'll spend more than a billion gil gearing it up. Trying to do it on the cheap will get you cheap results, it's a job that costs alot to be worthwhile. Is what it is.
Ok, dude who sells wind crystals, call the richest player in the game cheap. I was advising a guy who clearly does not have a billion gil sitting and is working on his first weapon how to get the most bang for his buck. Nowhere did I say not to make a Gastra, or Gastra isn't good, or whatever rustled your jimmies here.

But, no, RNG does not need you to spend more than a billion gil. If you pay 200m for your aeonic(I imagine there are much cheaper options these days), you can do the entire job for 300-400 and still be a serious asset to any group you're in.

Cele covered the rest.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2019-06-26 12:37:11
Link | Citer | R

if I could +1 thorny's post twice, I would. Dude has pushed the envelope for what's possible in FFXI for years, and always does the math to back it up.
[+]
 Asura.Aerox
By Asura.Aerox 2019-06-26 14:06:52
Link | Citer | R

Yeah you don't need to spend 1bn to make Rng usable in endgame. Assuming you went for +1 neck and nq adhemar the only really expensive stuff would be +3 relic/af and a REMA (Arma was a really good shout btw as an alternative for Formalhaut, especially if you are doing VW campaign right now).

I've probably spent around 500m on mine and that's mostly because i made AG Gandiva, relic bow and got +2 neck. All luxury items.
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 ... 97 98 99