Disjoined Mithra Dead, Dynamis Jueno (D) Cleared.

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Bahamut » Disjoined Mithra Dead, Dynamis Jueno (D) Cleared.
Disjoined Mithra Dead, Dynamis Jueno (D) Cleared.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-11-07 05:21:40
Link | Citer | R

I'm not saying the game isn't flawed. Just that you're actively making it worse. You don't have to agree. You don't have to care. it just is what it is, no matter how much you deny.

Complain about it > use a tool to get around it > it won't get fixed. Tough concept.
 Bahamut.Justthetip
Serveur: Bahamut
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2018-11-07 05:26:28
Link | Citer | R

Tough concept is you not being able to go on a post and not complain about someone or something. Can only complain for so long before people make a tool seeing as hell SE hasn't cared at all about the quality of life changes and updates. Gonna leave it at that.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-11-07 05:28:02
Link | Citer | R

I didn't complain about ***. As was stated.

Correcting a misconception. Things you do, always affect more than yourself.

I am -never- going to do Dienamis-D, I don't give a fat rats *** how hard or easy they make it, or who or what gets done with it.

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Not that I give a ***, just correcting this misconception that people still don't understand. EVERYTHING you do affects other players.
 Bahamut.Shozokui
user: Shozokui
By Bahamut.Shozokui 2018-11-07 05:52:15
Link | Citer | R

I didn't complain about ***. As was stated.

Correcting a misconception. Things you do, always affect more than yourself.

I am -never- going to do Dienamis-D, I don't give a fat rats *** how hard or easy they make it, or who or what gets done with it.

Not that I give a ***, just correcting this misconception that people still don't understand. EVERYTHING you do affects other players.

Yo, B-tier, we don't use any "tools" as you call them. Just Windower which makes the game playable and a limited amount of addons. End of story. Stop trying to make our kills seem like they were cheesed using questionable 3rd party tools, we earned this ***. Since you said you're not doing Dynamis, then you wouldn't understand the challenge of the content, so it's a huge insult to insinuate such a thing.

Everything you're suggesting is 100% in your head. They added more mechanics because the game is 16 years old and needs new mechanics to keep fresh and challenging. People aren't magically making it "harder". It's literally the fact that we can't do a version of Kirin for 12 years and still find the game fun.
[+]
By Voren 2018-11-07 06:17:59
Link | Citer | R

I started playing in 2009 using XBox360, so no access to Windower or anything else other than the game.

Now, I came back a few months ago after investing $100 on a refurb comp from Wam-a-lart (cheap, but works) and got Windower first thing.

My opinion only: it doesn't make the game any easier, just smoother. I'm still trying to figure out how to use gearswap, for now I just use sets in game, but can see how gearswap would make playing the game smoother, but again, not easier.

You can have windower and gearswap, etc, but if you don't know how to play your job, you're going to get your dong knocked into the dirt.

Edit: congratulations on the clear!!!
[+]
 Valefor.Gorns
Serveur: Valefor
user: Gorns
By Valefor.Gorns 2018-11-07 07:04:42
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Justthetip said: »
People wouldn't need stun bots if ***wasn't so laggy that by the time you hit stun it's too late for some people either. If you hate tools so much make se if the ***mmmkay

You seriously mean it ?
Come on ... >.<
People use stunbots because they want the win, because they're too lazy or too slow to react and that's it. The "it's too laggy for being stunnable" is just a f***g excuse to justify their cheat.
Point.

Voren said: »
My opinion only: it doesn't make the game any easier, just smoother. I'm still trying to figure out how to use gearswap, for now I just use sets in game, but can see how gearswap would make playing the game smoother, but again, not easier.

You can have windower and gearswap, etc, but if you don't know how to play your job, you're going to get your dong knocked into the dirt.

Here again, come on ... >.<
I also use windower, gearswap and many others addon/plugins.

I agree many of them will just make the life smoother / more convenient, like NPC trading/buying, the minimap, scoreboard and some other I dont remember.

But I'm sorry, gearswap - and I use it alot - make the game much more easier, not only smoother.
When you switch automatically to a certain WSD WS set when you Savage Blade or you switch to a Crit. Hit/Dmg set for when you CDC, or that you automatically switch to -DT when you're doomed/slept/terrored, or adjust your DW-TP set according to your % of haste ...
It's not only smoother, that give you a big advantage on those who don't. Just parse with someone who don't use GS
By Boshi 2018-11-07 07:34:04
Link | Citer | R

stunning is hard?
 Bahamut.Agerine
user: Agerine
By Bahamut.Agerine 2018-11-07 07:50:28
Link | Citer | R

Boshi said: »
stunning is hard?
Not when Bestmage is at the reigns!
 Bahamut.Justthetip
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2018-11-07 08:28:11
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Gorns said: »
People wouldn't need stun bots if ***wasn't so laggy that by the time you hit stun it's too late for some people either. If you hate tools so much make se if the ***mmmkay

You seriously mean it ?
Come on ... >.<
People use stunbots because they want the win, because they're too lazy or too slow to react and that's it. The "it's too laggy for being stunnable" is just a f***g excuse to justify their cheat.

At what point did I say it was ok or me trying to justify it at all? Gotta relax your body man you guys all ready for a fight for no reason. People are to slow but I'm not gonna sit here and say this game has no lag what so ever and people are just slow either. You can just get a rdm to chain spell and lock a mob out so I dont see the point today. Stunbots are no different than people buying stuff from people who bot crafting shields in my book.
Ens of the day non of that has to do with us clearing zones so let's get back on topic.
 Valefor.Gorns
By Valefor.Gorns 2018-11-07 08:40:05
Link | Citer | R

Ens of the day non of that has to do with us clearing zones so let's get back on topic.

And for this I say congratz and well done!
By Brynach 2018-11-07 08:49:50
Link | Citer | R

stunning is hard?

Landing that poison tho
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-11-07 08:55:55
Link | Citer | R

tldr;

OP thinks they're awesome because being only a month behind everyone else whilst being on Bahamut is somehow an achievement.

Eiryl is jealous because he isn't getting his REMA's upgraded and they are.

Whole lot of delusion about gearswap just being QoL. If it was literally just swapping your gear then you'd have a decent argument, but damn near every file being passed around has huge gobs of automation built into it. Never mind those using ***like React to always be in DT for TP moves.

Yes, I use things like that myself. I don't pretend they aren't cheating, though. If you're automating your reaction time, that's no different than using a trigger bot in a FPS. Sure, it's not as bad as an aimbot, but it's still blatantly cheating.
[+]
By Boshi 2018-11-07 09:28:40
Link | Citer | R

Brynach said: »
stunning is hard?

Landing that poison tho

RANGERS HAVE RESIST POISONNNNNNNN
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-11-07 09:30:51
Link | Citer | R

But you'll get laughed at if you constantly get knocked back and don't have anchor. If/when you die, you'll get checked by several people to see which set you're in, because a computer wasn't swapping your gear and you were too slow. When someone is using a program with boatloads of code "playing the game for them" and then they win the parse, that is something gloat-worthy. And then if you say "I don't us 3pt", you're instantly a gimp for it.

If you're not "cheating" you're not trying.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
Serveur: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2018-11-07 09:58:24
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
"I don't us 3pt", you're instantly a gimp for it.

can confirm. I use in-game macros, am gimp.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-11-07 10:02:57
Link | Citer | R

The in-game macro system isn't bad, just limited. I get people who ask to see my lua a lot of the time, and I tell them I don't have one. You don't need to use 3pt to be good at your job, it's just if you do copy/paste someone's lua, you don't really have to think about it as much.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
Serveur: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2018-11-07 10:06:28
Link | Citer | R

The in-game macro system isn't bad

it's a hell of a lot better than when I left in 2013 or whenever. I used to have to use 3-4 keys to swap out gear and WS
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-11-07 10:18:14
Link | Citer | R

I remember those days. SE also needs to expand the in-game macro system. 100 equipsets are too few, with all of the gear options available. Should be 500. But it's still useful, outside of the precast/midcast setup issue.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-11-07 10:22:55
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Eiryl is jealous because he isn't getting his REMA's upgraded and they are.

lulno I'm not even turning in merits, nor have I glowed a single one of my 47 REMA. My days of dong that are long over. Can't augment if you don't bother to glow.
By Afania 2018-11-07 10:49:41
Link | Citer | R

When you switch automatically to a certain WSD WS set when you Savage Blade or you switch to a Crit. Hit/Dmg set for when you CDC, or that you automatically switch to -DT when you're doomed/slept/terrored, or adjust your DW-TP set according to your % of haste ...
It's not only smoother, that give you a big advantage on those who don't. Just parse with someone who don't use GS

You can do all these without GS....just pay attention to status icons and click on the right macro accordingly....

There are a couple of people who doesn't use GS in my ls and some do. When it comes to parses in event both has won before, comparing equally geared people that is.

Now if you do 100 parses GS users are likely to win more due to less mistakes in the long run. But that doesnt mean none gs has 0 chance to compete ever, just dont make mistakes, lol.

But you'll get laughed at if you constantly get knocked back and don't have anchor.

Just fight at the corners >.>
 Valefor.Gorns
By Valefor.Gorns 2018-11-07 11:01:34
Link | Citer | R

Afania said: »

You can do all these without GS....just pay attention to status icons and click on the right macro accordingly....

There are a couple of people who doesn't use GS in my ls and some do. When it comes to parses in event both has won before, comparing equally geared people that is.

Now if you do 100 parses GS users are likely to win more due to less mistakes in the long run. But that doesnt mean none gs has 0 chance to compete ever, just dont make mistakes, lol.

Yeah I agree,I'm not saying people who doesn't use GS cannot compete with those who use it. I also play with friends who don't GS and who are still on parse.
But I was replying to OP who said "it's just smoother, not easier" which I kind of disagree.
Not having to think about hitting this -DT macro set is an automaton cheat which make it easy.

Now, what about the GS handling the precast sets? I remember trying to use a precast set with SE macro system before I went into GS, I didn't succeed. I'm not sure if SE macro can handle precast sets, but if it can't, then no doubt any mage job would be 'stronger' with GS than without.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-11-07 11:07:21
Link | Citer | R

I know non GS users can beat GS users in parse because I have done it. You will just work harder to hit your macros in succession to do the same function someone does in literally one button. Or something where you have to precast in <wait1>, that delay before you can get your spell off in the long run "matters" (it doesn't but seconds in a parse means win or loss). It won't make a difference in winning or losing an event if you're good at timing. And yes you can fight in corners without anchor but that's not always ideal for some bosses due to position etc.

My point is that I'm just pointing out the bias for people who use software to accomplish everything in game, and then lol at people who aren't as automated as them, as if that is somehow related to their skill on said job. Whether you use GS/3pt or not matters very little, but it's hardly something to brag about that your computer is faster than someone's finger reaction.
By Afania 2018-11-07 11:09:49
Link | Citer | R

Afania said: »

Yeah I agree,I'm not saying people who doesn't use GS cannot compete with those who use it. I also play with friends who don't GS and who are still on parse.
But I was replying to OP who said "it's just smoother, not easier" which I kind of disagree.
Not having to think about hitting this -DT macro set is an automaton cheat which make it easy.

Now, what about the GS handling the precast sets? I remember trying to use a precast set with SE macro system before I went into GS, I didn't succeed. I'm not sure if SE macro can handle precast sets, but if it can't, then no doubt any mage job would be 'stronger' with GS than without.

Default macro can handle precast. However I think the biggest disadvantage of default macro is the fact that it's MUCH easier to get hit in casting sets. I ended up have to put an earth staff in FC set to reduce the dmg taken when I got hit in FC set.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-11-07 11:10:46
Link | Citer | R

You can precast in vanilla, it will just cost you at least one second to accomplish it due to the <wait> that will be required when switching from precast/spell<wait>/midcast lines. The macro line is read too quickly to accomplish this without the waits, so if you're playing a mage job, you literally lose a second (or skip a precast and gear for mixed fc) on your spells, which is huge. An Equipset WHM can't compete with an automated one from that perspective alone, and it's why I won't touch WHM.
 Carbuncle.Lunatone
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: lunamars
By Carbuncle.Lunatone 2018-11-07 11:16:08
Link | Citer | R

Cant have a proper Blade: Metsu set without gearswap
-Boshi 2018
[+]
By Afania 2018-11-07 11:22:47
Link | Citer | R

You can precast in vanilla, it will just cost you at least one second to accomplish it due to the <wait> that will be required when switching from precast/spell<wait>/midcast lines. The macro line is read too quickly to accomplish this without the waits, so if you're playing a mage job, you literally lose a second (or skip a precast and gear for mixed fc) on your spells, which is huge. An Equipset WHM can't compete with an automated one from that perspective alone, and it's why I won't touch WHM.

That's not how vanilla mages/healers should write their macro.

For vanilla healers, they have to use all in one set. JP used to call them "5080" and made it a requirement for whm joining PUG. That's because JP mostly play on vanilla, so they have to create cure sets that has 80 FC and 50 cure pot in 1 set. Back in the day they did asked for 5080 in pt recruits. I still read about it on JP blog pretty often too.

For other spells, they are handled differently and its case by case basis. But in general wait 1 should never be used, the best way to handle fc is similar to preshot sets.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-11-07 11:38:33
Link | Citer | R

That's good to know. It's still archaic because it requires a mixed set like I mentioned above. Which eliminates other options. Still possible, just annoying limitation of vanilla and it's a good reason why some would just prefer lua to handle the swaps than settle for that kind of set.
By Ricon 2018-11-07 11:41:18
Link | Citer | R

What’s all this derailment in here! Dreadnaught is 3/4 cleared in dynamis-d and windy is getting its ***pushed in Saturday. Step up son we ain’t scared don’t @me plebs.
[+]
 Bahamut.Xenophane
user: Phaedon
By Bahamut.Xenophane 2018-11-07 11:44:09
Link | Citer | R

You know people always said it was the community that made FFXI great. I'm glad that hasn't changed.
[+]
 Asura.Elazar
user: Elazar1
By Asura.Elazar 2018-11-07 11:52:28
Link | Citer | R

Good luck on the 4/4 this weekend guys!