Need Help Referencing Buff IDs In Job_buff_change

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Windower » Support » Need help referencing buff IDs in job_buff_change
Need help referencing buff IDs in job_buff_change
By SpideyCU 2018-08-10 00:22:28
Link | Citer | R

While you can reference buffactive[##] to pinpoint a specific type of buff (normal Haste, 33, vs Geo Haste, 580), I haven't been able to figure out the proper syntax to do so in the job_buff_change function.

Essentially, right now I set
Code
if buff == 'Haste' and not gain then

to play a sound through windower to let me know the buff has dropped, How do I tailor this to only return true when buff ID 33 drops, and not ID 580?

I've tried the following variants which don't work:
Code
if buff == 33 and not gain then
Code
if buff[33] and not gain then

I've searched for info both referencing buff IDs as well as the job_buff_change function but have come up with nothing. I appreciate any and all insights - thanks!
 Bahamut.Riyoko
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Jone
By Bahamut.Riyoko 2018-08-10 03:34:58
Link | Citer | R

You could try
Code
if not T(windower.ffxi.get_player().buffs):contains(33) then

then add your code to play that sound below then it should work.
By SpideyCU 2018-08-10 15:20:46
Link | Citer | R

Thanks Riyoko, that's pretty close. The only downside to that is when I have multiples of these (say, for as a BLU, when Nature's Meditation goes down, and Haste, and Refresh). Then, if any one of them drops (and thus triggers the job_buff_change function), and Haste ALSO isn't up, it will give me a false positive.

Is Windower generally devised such that you can only use the buff ID to check for active effects rather than changes of state?
 Carbuncle.Kigensuro
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: dlsmd
By Carbuncle.Kigensuro 2018-08-11 11:52:12
Link | Citer | R

the main issue is that motes include has not been updated for a long time and some things are not included in his code

like the below
in gearswap the full function is
buff_change(name,gain,buff_table)
but in motes include (as mote controls the buff_change function)
job_buff_change(buff, gain, eventArs)
so you lose the buff_table which already has what you are looking for

-edit-
one more thing
T(windower.ffxi.get_player().buffs):contains(33) can still show incorrect info when used in the buff_change sequence as gearswap directly gets all it data from the packet not memory for the buff_change function
 Bahamut.Riyoko
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Jone
By Bahamut.Riyoko 2018-08-11 12:54:57
Link | Citer | R

Hmm this is quite tricky but do the following:

below function job_setup() add this
determine_haste_state()

then make a new function somewhere like this:
Code
function determine_haste_state()
if not (buffactive[33]) then
--add your sound effect here--
end
end

and below job_buff_change(buff, gain) function add:
Code
if S{'haste'}:contains(buff:lower()) then
		determine_haste_state()
	end

and below function job_update(cmdParams, eventArgs) add:
Code
determine_haste_state()

and I think this should do it and other buffs shouldn't trigger the code again.
sorry for the wonky solution but I hope it helps. let me know if it works or not
By SpideyCU 2018-08-13 00:50:02
Link | Citer | R

Thanks again for the pointer Riyoko, was away from the PC all weekend but will give it a shot tomorrow. It looks like a pain but if it works I'll mimic the setup for Refresh as well. It'll be pretty awesome if it does end up working out, that way I can stay on top of my buffs and not get notifications everytime I move in/out of a GEO's range, heh.

And thanks Kigensuro as well for the additional background.
By SpideyCU 2018-08-28 11:45:47
Link | Citer | R

It's 2 weeks later and I wanted to thank Riyoko again for cobbling that bit of code together. It's a nearly complete solution - I've extended this to similar functions for regen/refresh so that the Geomancy version doesn't give me a false alarm and I have a much easier time keeping buffs up on BLU.

Just for awareness, there is only one quirk with this approach, that is that I can't seem to get it to work for buffs with multiple names in the title. For example, I tried to extend this to the buff from Nature's Meditation ("Attack Boost" 91, in order to exclude 549). I couldn't get it or similar buffs to work ("Defense Boost" from 93, "Magic Def. Boost" from 191, etc), and the only difference I can point to are the spaces in the name. I tried S{'attack boost'} and S{'attack_boost'} in the job_buff_change section, but it never triggered when the buff naturally fell off. Interestingly it DID trigger when I changed jobs, losing the buff in the process, so go figure. It's not a huge deal because it's far less likely to have these conflicting buffs than haste/refresh/etc.

So thanks again Riyoko for coming up with a rather novel solution, it's much appreciated!