Dynamis (D) Wave 3

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Dynamis (D) Wave 3
Dynamis (D) Wave 3
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14
By hobo 2018-10-22 11:48:37
Link | Citer | R

If you want to sac pull fire, you would probably be better leaving it for later. Instead of going up the stairs, go into the embassy square (whatever its official name is), do thunder first to clear out the area, and I think there is wind by those stairs?
 Ragnarok.Neyochimaru
Serveur: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Neyochi
By Ragnarok.Neyochimaru 2018-10-23 07:59:43
Link | Citer | R

Bigtymer- Yes. Numero Uno. Get on my level.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-10-23 08:23:28
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk said: »
I'm having trouble with pulls on Circles.

I know some groups are saying to just sac pull, kill the circle and move on.

I don't see alot of room to run in Jeuno without running into another Circle.

So I'd love to hear how long it takes groups sac pulling fetters to kill the fetter?

Also, for those NOT Sac pulling Circles, how are you handling all the adds? Maybe there are just alot more on the fire circle because there are pet jobs. but most of them hit pretty hard and if not claimed quickly, they run around assassinating the support.

Also so many adds tend to overwhelm a puppet pull.

Pets can still be slept on wave 3, so have a lullaby or sleep for that pull.
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2018-10-23 10:10:11
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
To add to this, your tank needs /BLU for AOE hate spells to keep them from going wild. And your supports need to WAIT for the tank to gather them up and get hate first before doing anything that might draw their attention.

For our group that usually means the tank pulls them way back towards us, then waits for the casters/ranged mobs to move up, then pulls the melees back on top of the casters/ranged, THEN people start doing Sleepga/Squall/bubbles etc. People need to be patient.

P.S. Ramuh's Shock Squall works wonders in Dynamis[D]. It's so valuable my group often has me on SMN just for Shock Squall alone.
 Sylph.Gobbo
Serveur: Sylph
user: Gobbo
By Sylph.Gobbo 2018-10-24 03:09:02
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk said: »
Also, for those NOT Sac pulling Circles, how are you handling all the adds?...

Also some additional info, the pets as well as Aurix do NOT have the Circle Buffs the Volte Mobs do. So they could be enfeebled to your heart's content. DRKs in our group will use that time to do a full powered Drain III.

Asura.Pergatory said: »
P.S. Ramuh's Shock Squall works wonders in Dynamis[D]. It's so valuable my group often has me on SMN just for Shock Squall alone.

Seconding this as well, super valuable on very AoE heavy groups. BLUs could also use Blistering Roar (if another BLU used Mighty Guard for the PT already). Capable of landing for a good 20s but requires a good bit of M.Acc to land.
By Staleyx 2018-10-24 06:29:30
Link | Citer | R

Quote:

For good shock Squall duraction is just decent pet macc gear?
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2018-10-24 10:01:52
Link | Citer | R

Staleyx said: »
Yup, AF+3 and the like. Marine Stewpot is very nice for Dyna[D] if you can swing it and won't be doing much physical damage. It's not necessary though, first stun will usually land very nicely without it. Where the macc comes in is landing subsequent stuns, for things like preventing Mijin from going off.

Here's my set:

sets.pet_midcast.MagicAcc_BP = {
main="Nirvana",
sub="Vox Grip",
ammo="Sancus Sachet +1",
head="Convoker's Horn +3",
neck="Summoner's Collar +2",
ear1="Lugalbanda Earring",
ear2="Enmerkar Earring",
body="Convoker's Doublet +3",
hands="Apogee Mitts +1",
ring1="Stikini Ring +1",
ring2="Evoker's Ring",
back={ name="Campestres's Cape", augments={'Pet: M.Acc.+20 Pet: M.Dmg.+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','Pet: Mag. Acc.+10','"Fast Cast"+10',}},
waist="Regal Belt",
legs="Convoker's Spats +3",
feet="Convoker's Pigaches +3"
}
 Asura.Gotenn
user: Gotenn
By Asura.Gotenn 2018-10-27 16:33:12
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Pergatory said: »
Staleyx said: »
Yup, AF+3 and the like. Marine Stewpot is very nice for Dyna[D] if you can swing it and won't be doing much physical damage. It's not necessary though, first stun will usually land very nicely without it. Where the macc comes in is landing subsequent stuns, for things like preventing Mijin from going off.

Here's my set:

sets.pet_midcast.MagicAcc_BP = {
main="Nirvana",
sub="Vox Grip",
ammo="Sancus Sachet +1",
head="Convoker's Horn +3",
neck="Summoner's Collar +2",
ear1="Lugalbanda Earring",
ear2="Enmerkar Earring",
body="Convoker's Doublet +3",
hands="Apogee Mitts +1",
ring1="Stikini Ring +1",
ring2="Evoker's Ring",
back={ name="Campestres's Cape", augments={'Pet: M.Acc.+20 Pet: M.Dmg.+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','Pet: Mag. Acc.+10','"Fast Cast"+10',}},
waist="Regal Belt",
legs="Convoker's Spats +3",
feet="Convoker's Pigaches +3"
}

Can confirm our group also uses squall to lock down the lower mobs, I'm usually PLD/BLU to keep aoe hate and the geos just cure 1 me to engage all their bubbles to everything. The smaller add mobs tend to die in 1-2 WS.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [107 days between previous and next post]
 Bismarck.Indigla
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Indigla
By Bismarck.Indigla 2019-02-11 23:47:38
Link | Citer | R

Probably beating a dead horse here, but are people still noticing lag in DynamisD specific zones? Feels like all the maintenances for networking equipment have been a waste of time. Tonight was especially annoying since I was on a semi critical role of sleeping and in some bad situations it was very hard to gauge mob position and whether they were hitting me or not due to the latency of everything resulting in some death/wiping.

Not something that can't be overcome with a little more caution/better practices, but it's still irritating in a lot of ways.

• Switching to blank targets whilst still engaged, mobs appearing alive when dead (or vice versa for players at times)

• Severely delayed target switching

• Not being sure if I actually cast a spell as the casting animation never starts/goes on forever

• Mobs/Players warping or zipping around quickly as position updates sporadically

Just a few of several problems the lag creates for me, thinking of getting a VPN if that might offer a better route to SE for events, has anyone tried that? Did it work?
 Bismarck.Chasuro
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Chasuro
By Bismarck.Chasuro 2019-02-11 23:52:34
Link | Citer | R

I noticed more lag the past 2 days probably with the new Ambuscade and events. I didn't experience too much lag in Dyna yesterday with almost a full alliance. I've found one person on an old, laggy system can make it worse for everyone else.

Sorry I don't know how much a VPN would help. I'd think the bottleneck would be on SE's side, and trying to sync everyone's game, and not your personal network.
 Bahamut.Nebohh
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Kealohaa
By Bahamut.Nebohh 2019-02-12 00:12:54
Link | Citer | R

I was playing 5 characters on Sunday and I had no issues in Dyna-Windy (D). This was on the same computer too. I'm thinking it could either be your computer or your network connectivity. Otherwise, you'd hear more complaining from the rest of the community.
 Bahamut.Spoilt
user: Spoiled
By Bahamut.Spoilt 2019-02-12 00:18:56
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Nebohh said: »
I was playing 5 characters on Sunday and I had no issues in Dyna-Windy (D).

Weird flex but ok
[+]
 Bahamut.Nebohh
user: Kealohaa
By Bahamut.Nebohh 2019-02-12 00:44:54
Link | Citer | R

I think your avatar is weird yo.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: elii
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2019-02-12 02:11:53
Link | Citer | R

Sunday there was definitely issues with server. I play 6 and never have any issues. Multiple instances where I had to retry connection in pol, and ah or she's in game failing. Vanished later in the evening.
 Ragnarok.Galiber
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Galiber
By Ragnarok.Galiber 2019-02-12 05:52:15
Link | Citer | R

We usually Dyna D twice a week in full 18/18 ally and it's been a lag nightmare since november-ish.

I've gone a couple of times in lowman secenarios, just for wave 1 clears, and no lag at all, and most ppl I talked to that go as 7/8 don't get any issues.

It's funny as we didn't get those issues when the event came out, though.
user: Hiraishin
By Asura.Hiraishinsenna 2019-02-12 06:31:18
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Nebohh said: »
I was playing 5 characters on Sunday and I had no issues in Dyna-Windy (D). This was on the same computer too. I'm thinking it could either be your computer or your network connectivity. Otherwise, you'd hear more complaining from the rest of the community.

people just got accustomed to lag, almost everyone in my ls and many friends of mine have been experiencing this problem since months, but there's no use complaining about it, we know nothing is gonna change
[+]
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2019-02-12 06:44:11
Link | Citer | R

For me it's almost always Jeuno that gives the big problems.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Commencal
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Scwall
By Quetzalcoatl.Commencal 2019-02-12 09:55:07
Link | Citer | R

I never experienced the lag people have spoke of until our last run in Sando. Maybe one time while clearing Windurst, I was on SCH but it wasn’t bad, I was still able to complete skillchains.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [239 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Ramsy
user: Ramsy
By Asura.Ramsy 2019-10-09 19:56:42
Link | Citer | R

Could anyone who has done MB setup post their pt set up?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bahamut.Shozokui
user: Shozokui
By Bahamut.Shozokui 2019-10-09 21:07:55
Link | Citer | R

My favorite setup is:

RUN, WHM, GEO, GEO, RDM, BRD
BLM, BLM, BRD, COR, GEO, SCH
BLM, BLM, BRD, COR, GEO, SCH

Tactics:

Apply every -MEVA + MACC buff you possibly can. So like ~
Marine Stewpot
Frazzle
Shattersoul
Impact
Burn
Malaise
Languor
Acumen
Focus
Int
Wizard Roll
Warlock Roll
Learned Etude
Sage Etude
Honor March
Victory March (Don't make your RDM haste every, it's better they focus purely on debuffs)

Might be missing some, it's been a year since we did MB Dyna.

On NMs, alternate SCHs to keep skillchains happening ASAP. On the Wave 2 boss, make sure to use SCH 1hr, it'll be back up for the Wave 3 boss. Some Wave 2 bosses have different weaknesses, do your research before going on. The default chain of bursting Blizzard won't always work.

Use both CORs to extend your skillchain to maintain a massive burst rotation. Extend with Wildfire > Leaden Salute for massive bonus damage.

Make sure your BLMs are all AoEing with the same -aja rotation. Subsequent casts do increasing damage.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [401 days between previous and next post]
By RadialArcana 2020-11-14 05:04:10
Link | Citer | R

If you get lag in Dyna D:

Is it specific zones or all of them.
Is it only when statues are around (and active) or anytime.

It is only during combat (to any monster and not just statues) and you don't lag when there is nothing to fight?
 Bahamut.Balduran
user: balduran
By Bahamut.Balduran 2020-11-14 06:03:21
Link | Citer | R

RadialArcana said: »
If you get lag in Dyna D:

Is it specific zones or all of them.
Is it only when statues are around (and active) or anytime.

It is only during combat (to any monster and not just statues) and you don't lag when there is nothing to fight?

Interface lag or connection lag?

60 FPS to 30 FPS resolves any interface lag issues for me in 18-man divergence. It is just unwise to use 60 FPS in that setting.

Connection lag wise, totally dependent on your route to the servers in Japan, and how heavily congested the instances are, there is no doubt the lower your your latency to the servers will reduce connection lag (WS going of 4 seconds later etc), hence why players in Europe suffer the most. As do some US East Coast players, while US West Coast yields the best results!
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14