M.Eva Vs Stat Resist Vs Ele Resists

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » M.Eva vs Stat Resist vs Ele Resists
M.Eva vs Stat Resist vs Ele Resists
By soralin 2018-06-30 20:35:22
Link | Citer | R

Do all of these stats count as 1:1 ratios to each other, or are they calculated separately?

Does "+20 Resist to All Status Ailments" provide the same result as "+20 Meva" with regards to, say, paralyze?

And does "+20 Fire resist" do the exact same thing as "+20 Meva" vs, say, a Firaga?

Or do these stats get calculated separately?

I'm looking at some of the decent Elemental Resist Earrings, Ammos, and Waists and debating making a Resist set to swap in vs certain fights and spells.

But if straight up Meva also does the same thing, I might just make a more generic 'meva+mdef" set instead.

All of this on top of, of course, capped DT. Which should go without saying.
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
Serveur: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2018-06-30 20:45:46
Link | Citer | R

I -believe- that stat resist bonus (e.g. Resist Paralyze) is a separate check, since it grants a unique kind of resist message: "Resist!" which is different from regular resistance via magic evasion.

I think the elemental resist is calculated as magic evasion (maybe multiplied by some scalar value) as well, since the maximum resistance granted to elemental damage is 1/8 resist. This cannot further be mitigated by increased magic resistance.
 Sylph.Citrelautame
Serveur: Sylph
By Sylph.Citrelautame 2018-06-30 22:28:35
Link | Citer | R

There pretty much isn't any stats on those pieces to make a notable difference on pure magic damage, however the resist para/slow/etc pieces can help (staunch for ammo). I wouldn't look for any gear in those slots that focus on +element resist or Meva, better off with +hp. I do have a back piece with +10 resist status as well for high debuff fights where the +5% dt isn't going to have much impact.

I have no clue how the ratio's are, and it would play a big roll into your mind verse the mobs int on which would be more valuable when. However based off of experience + resists seems to be 2:1ish on Meva or so but thats just round about guessing from what ive seen (IE whms bar spells +240 is worth alot more than +240 Meva)
By soralin 2018-06-30 22:57:23
Link | Citer | R

So, based on some pieces I am looking at, I could swap on about +120 elemental resist in response to high tier elemental spells being cast on me, but I would lose about 400 hp in the process.

Considering high tier fights the spells can hit for thousands of damage unresisted, do you think its worth it?

(For example, whilst farming my Tanmo+1, Sara was nuking me with Fire V for upwards to 3K dmg at times despite my capped MDT)
 Sylph.Citrelautame
Serveur: Sylph
By Sylph.Citrelautame 2018-06-30 23:02:54
Link | Citer | R

I doubt it, you also lose enimity if you get hit while lower hp (although not a huge amount). if you have a whm def don't worry about it(or geo). If you don't have aegis work on it, its not that good of a shield for most stuff but when you have high teir magic at you it makes you pretty much invincible.

Your best case in that situation is just testing it, if your taking to much damage try it with the resist, but be sure you not losing -dt% in the process as well (defending ring, staunch, moonlight w/e your using)
 Asura.Saevel
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2018-07-01 12:35:15
Link | Citer | R

1 Elemental Resist = 1 Magic Evasion and its all additive with your own natural Magic Evasion. Its checked against the enemy magic accuracy to see if they "hit" with a magic attack or enfeeble effect. Unlike physical attacks Magic Attacks normally get multiple checks with each subsequent check being half the potency of the previous check.

So for an elemental attack with 3 resist states
Check 1 100%
Check 2 50%
Check 3 25%
Final Hit for 12.5%

For an enfeeble with 2 resist states
Check 1 100% duration
Check 2 50% duration
Resisted

I'm not sure if PLD can get enough MEVD to really matter, RUN's get a ton naturally and their JSE has it packed on as well so they can layer it on to reach really high numbers. And yes barspells and elemental resist layers ontop of this as well.
By soralin 2018-07-08 21:18:24
Link | Citer | R

Does that all apply the same to Resist Charm gear?

Im wanting to try soloing D/VD AA Mithra, but her Charm move sucks because it depops all my trusts.

If I could just get to being able to resist/avoid that move, I feel like she'd be the best target to farm for Beit/Plu/Boulders

Basically...

Moonlight Necklace (Meva+15) vs Unmoving Collar +1 (Res Charm+9)?
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-07-08 21:54:48
Link | Citer | R

Resist +X items are a separate check similar to the Resist Traits and all tests so far show the effect being halved against ITG targets.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2018-07-08 22:32:16
Link | Citer | R

Thoughts on hearty earring? Same resist effect as Staunch right?
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-07-09 14:52:01
Link | Citer | R

Earring is only 5% so 2.5% on NM's, might not be worth it if other options present themselves. Staunch at least has some DT on it and +5% resist rate isn't bad.