Random Politics & Religion #34

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #34
Random Politics & Religion #34
First Page 2 3 ... 81 82 83 ... 133 134 135
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-09-02 10:52:28
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
I dunno, the "let's all point and laugh instead of making an actual argument" is getting even more tired, and yet here you all are.
Personally I think pointing and laughing is quite the appropriate response to what you call an "argument."

You're right. I should follow your lead and make arguments by quoting a HuffPo article. Nothing laughable there.
[+]
By Nausi 2018-09-02 11:15:34
Link | Citer | R

Viciouss said: »
Nausi said: »
Really because the lie that the left looks down on black people is still a lie. Its just another pathetic attempt to deflect racism off of you and onto someone else. Time to tear that page out of the playbook.
You don't even know what racism even means.

Says the kid that is trying to claim the left is racist against black people, which is still total ***. I thought there werent enough racists to elect a senator, or have you abandoned that personal conspiracy theory?

There aren't enough nazis or members of the klan to elect a senator. Those particular ideologies have always been part of left wing / authoritarian ideology.

The real racism today is on the left. it comes in thinking black or X people need assistance programs because they are inherently inferior. It is the soft bigotry of low expectations. And it comes in the collective charge of white guilt and white privilege that's levied against the majority.

So now you have changed your story from there aren't enough racists to elect a senator to all the racists are on the left!! You are pathetic.

Quote:
The liberals freed the slaves and pushed for civil rights legislation. The conservatives FOUNDED the KKK.

Also, ftfy.
Not changing my story, just clarifying it for you.

And you really are ignorant, the democrats founded the KKK, right after the republicans freed the slaves.
Forum Moderator
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2018-09-02 11:16:39
Link | Citer | R

You guys look at each other and start acting like the other guy is wrong. Meanwhile, I've found myself in the middle, even though I lean left, and I find myself thinking both sides are scary.

You have extremism on both sides, different sides of the same coin going by stereotypes, people say the right is racist, but so is the left. The right is unhinged, so is the left. The left wants to kill off our rights, so does the right. It's just two different brands of crazy.

We need a balance of right and left. Too much right and we become Jesus-land where abortion is illegal and we taze the gay away, too much left and we all become special snowflakes where we are all coddled, we don't take personal responsibility and we get offended over everything.

After this Madden shooting, I see all these people talking about gun laws and ***, completely ignoring the fact that the kid was nuts and needed therapy. Blaming the gun for a mass shooting is the same as blaming a fork for making you fat, this logic irks me to no end.

I guess what I'm trying to say is I prefer to see things from the middle which makes me better than you. Nana-nana boo-boo, stick your face in doo-doo.
[+]

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2018-09-02 11:30:23
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
The solution is to remove guns from everyone and give them muskets instead. You have a gun and you aren't likely to kill more than 1 person. Best of both worlds!
You'd be surprised how fast a practiced musketeer is.

Post deleted by User.
By Zerowone 2018-09-02 11:37:03
Link | Citer | R

And you really are ignorant, the democrats founded the KKK, right after the republicans freed the slaves.

"We didn't start the KKK but we're the ones trying our hardest to keep them around!"

Created in a time when “Democrats” were remenants of the Confederacy.

Party ideology shifted in the 20th century, Dixie-crats became Republicans. The Republican platform shifted from Progressive to Conservative. To understand that you’d have learn about the social climate before and after 1965.

If your logic was sound then it would be Democrats today who are the ones running around waving the Confederate battle standard, espousing 2A and State Rights. Along with dropping dog whistles to drum up the base. You don’t see that at Democratic political rallies but we sure do see them at Republican rallies.

Meanwhile in Pennsylvania:

https://www.theroot.com/pennsylvania-gop-official-resigns-after-calling-protest-1828771376

Quote:
“Steelers are now just as bad as the rest of the over paid baboons. You respect your flag, country and our national anthem. How many men and women have lost limbs or died to protect this country and you baboons want respect,” she wrote. “If you want respect you need to earn it and so far you haven’t. Stop watching, or going to a game and paying for over priced food, water and tickets. Let’s see how the baboons get paid when white people stop paying their salaries.”

This type of rhetoric is only coming from one political party. But I've been told by Republicans on many occasions that in reality Democrats are the racist ones with their social policies.

/eyeroll.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-09-02 11:58:42
Link | Citer | R

Anna Ruthven said: »
You guys look at each other and start acting like the other guy is wrong. Meanwhile, I've found myself in the middle, even though I lean left, and I find myself thinking both sides are scary.

You have extremism on both sides, different sides of the same coin going by stereotypes, people say the right is racist, but so is the left. The right is unhinged, so is the left. The left wants to kill off our rights, so does the right. It's just two different brands of crazy.

We need a balance of right and left. Too much right and we become Jesus-land where abortion is illegal and we taze the gay away, too much left and we all become special snowflakes where we are all coddled, we don't take personal responsibility and we get offended over everything.

After this Madden shooting, I see all these people talking about gun laws and ***, completely ignoring the fact that the kid was nuts and needed therapy. Blaming the gun for a mass shooting is the same as blaming a fork for making you fat, this logic irks me to no end.

I guess what I'm trying to say is I prefer to see things from the middle which makes me better than you. Nana-nana boo-boo, stick your face in doo-doo.

Nothing is more scary than when Kojo starts making sense.

But seriously, I'm with you. As ridiculous as the two party system can be, turning the vast population into binary thinkers and all that, it has done a dang good job of preventing a dangerous situation where either side has unfettered power. It's not foolish to think one side would do a better job than the other, but those checks and balances are crucial.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-09-02 12:03:03
Link | Citer | R

Calling black people baboons is racist.
Throwing "monkey it up" into a conversation in the specific context it was used is not.
Can we stop stating the obvious now?
[+]
By Viciouss 2018-09-02 12:04:36
Link | Citer | R

Really because the lie that the left looks down on black people is still a lie. Its just another pathetic attempt to deflect racism off of you and onto someone else. Time to tear that page out of the playbook.

Says the kid that is trying to claim the left is racist against black people, which is still total ***. I thought there werent enough racists to elect a senator, or have you abandoned that personal conspiracy theory?

There aren't enough nazis or members of the klan to elect a senator. Those particular ideologies have always been part of left wing / authoritarian ideology.

The real racism today is on the left. it comes in thinking black or X people need assistance programs because they are inherently inferior. It is the soft bigotry of low expectations. And it comes in the collective charge of white guilt and white privilege that's levied against the majority.

So now you have changed your story from there aren't enough racists to elect a senator to all the racists are on the left!! You are pathetic.

Quote:
The liberals freed the slaves and pushed for civil rights legislation. The conservatives FOUNDED the KKK.

Also, ftfy.

Yes you changed your story and its still a wild conspiracy theory, just like your revisionist history. Political parties have changed, ideologies have not. Your ideology fought against freeing slaves, your ideology is responsiblw for the KKK and there is nothing you can do about it.

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-09-02 12:22:22
Link | Citer | R

Your ideology fought against freeing slaves, your ideology is responsiblw for the KKK and there is nothing you can do about it.

This is bullcrap. Ideology is not a two way street, it is a spectrum. A liberal of the 1800s might be seen as a right-wing lunatic by the liberals of today. There is no direct comparison to claim a win by your "team" when your "team" didn't exist.
[+]
By Nausi 2018-09-02 12:39:40
Link | Citer | R

Except no one on the right is advocating to taze the gay away OR abolish abortion. No one with any kind of power anyways. We are living in the nightmare of the left. Everyone’s coddled and people in power are actively pursuing speech bans, gun confiscation, and economic destruction. The far roght scares me too, but I don’t know how any rational person can think they are even a fifth of the threat.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2018-09-02 12:40:04
Link | Citer | R

Calling black people baboons is racist.
Throwing "monkey it up" into a conversation in the specific context it was used is not.
Can we stop stating the obvious now?
Isn't "monkey it up" just a PG-13 way of saying "*** it up"?
[+]
By Nausi 2018-09-02 12:49:50
Link | Citer | R

Quote:

Also, ftfy.

Yes you changed your story and its still a wild conspiracy theory, just like your revisionist history. Political parties have changed, ideologies have not. Your ideology fought against freeing slaves, your ideology is responsiblw for the KKK and there is nothing you can do about it.
No I did not, and no it doesn’t. You are ignorant of historical fact, ideological reality, and you are too stubborn to even consider anything but your stale dogma.

The parties never changed and only a cursory investigation would reveal that. Minority businesses have throved under Trump, how can a racist ideology put in place accomplish such results? You can’t even be bothered to think about such things.
By Viciouss 2018-09-02 12:54:56
Link | Citer | R

Lol, next in nausis revisionist fantasy land, George Washington was a Republican.
 Asura.Saevel
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2018-09-02 13:24:08
Link | Citer | R

But seriously, I'm with you. As ridiculous as the two party system can be, turning the vast population into binary thinkers and all that, it has done a dang good job of preventing a dangerous situation where either side has unfettered power. It's not foolish to think one side would do a better job than the other, but those checks and balances are crucial.

"Mainstream" has marched so far to the left that moderates are now considered hard right wingers. I know this because for over a decade I've been squarely in the middle and now find myself lumped in with the likes of the KKK and neo-natzi's.

Stop and think about it, Congressmen(women) are now openly telling people to break the law to "fight" to an elected President. The ones on the left are so rabid about the entire "world citizen, world government" think that it's super scary. There have always been scary people on both extremes, except now the left is actively electing their scary people into office. The right has been put into check and moderate thinking has taken over, time for the same to happen to the left. Hell that's why they lost an election to an Orange reality TV show host.
[+]
By Viciouss 2018-09-02 14:40:55
Link | Citer | R

Your ideology fought against freeing slaves, your ideology is responsiblw for the KKK and there is nothing you can do about it.

This is bullcrap. Ideology is not a two way street, it is a spectrum. A liberal of the 1800s might be seen as a right-wing lunatic by the liberals of today. There is no direct comparison to claim a win by your "team" when your "team" didn't exist.

Lol, the KKK has always been and always will be a right wing group, nausi tried to rewrite history and failed. Those Unite the Right hate rallies arent beimg organized by the dems.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-09-02 14:43:51
Link | Citer | R

Lol, the KKK has always been and always will be a right wing group, nausi tried to rewrite history and failed. Those Unite the Right hate rallies arent beimg organized by the dems.

Is now the part where you pretend that left-wing extremists haven't committed their own share of atrocities?
[+]
By Viciouss 2018-09-02 15:02:37
Link | Citer | R

Is now the part where you pretend that left-wing extremists haven't committed their own share of atrocities?

Nope, but i noticed you couldnt refute anything.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-09-02 16:08:32
Link | Citer | R

Nope, but i noticed you couldnt refute anything.

Why would I need to refute a statement that's completely irrelevant? Besides, I already addressed the issue in a previous post.
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
Serveur: Valefor
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2018-09-02 17:06:08
Link | Citer | R

Meanwhile, on Info Wars.
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By fonewear 2018-09-02 18:09:37
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Endoq said: »
Meanwhile, on Info Wars.
YouTube Video Placeholder

I taught you well my friend. It is nice to know that if I"m not here. I have someone that can post fonewear quality posts. Throw in some random simpsons videos and gifs. And you got it made !
[+]
By fonewear 2018-09-02 18:10:39
Link | Citer | R

Lol, next in nausis revisionist fantasy land, George Washington was a Republican.

George Washington was a bad *** sum ***. If it wasn't for him we would all be drinking tea and eating crumpets.
[+]
By fonewear 2018-09-02 18:13:40
Link | Citer | R

The only person that is wrong is you. Cause your absent 95% of the time and looking at anime the other 5%. Do you even mod bro ?
By fonewear 2018-09-02 18:14:29
Link | Citer | R

I don't know what mods to but the standard for FFXIAH mods must be so high. That if you are online once every 3 months. You get a promotion.
[+]
By fonewear 2018-09-02 18:20:07
Link | Citer | R

I vote for whoever will piss off the liberals the most. I'm not for or against any one political party. I vote for entertainment purposes only.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2018-09-02 18:47:31
Link | Citer | R

fonewear said: »
I vote for whoever will piss off the liberals the most. I'm not for or against any one political party. I vote for entertainment purposes only.

Except we all know you’re too drunk and lazy to vote. Though philosophically you justify this Donnie Nihilism by stating that not voting is also a choice.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 81 82 83 ... 133 134 135