Random Politics & Religion #34

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #34
Random Politics & Religion #34
First Page 2 3 ... 44 45 46 ... 133 134 135
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2018-08-02 14:21:16
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Siren.Mosin
Serveur: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2018-08-02 14:30:49
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
In other words, racism.

america has worked in the past due to the 'melting pot' mentality. Assimilate to the american way, and thrive. we're not forcing assimilation socially anymore, and it's causing a divide. language is important. Xenophobia would probably be a more apt description.
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2018-08-02 14:32:39
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Easy enough, I have driven that far and further in less than 48 hours.

you're a wild gypsy woman and not representative of the general population.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
Serveur: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2018-08-02 14:32:49
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Shiva.Nikolce said: »
what is your rationale then? trump is bad so I'm against it?

why does pleebo care if a bunch of idiots build a stupid wall or not?
It's an inane design devoid not based in any logistical reality. No realistic way to obtain the vast tracts of land needed. No realistic way to address the immense ecological impacts of a giant continuous partition. No realistic way to fund the project. No realistic assessments that it will actually curb illegal immigration other than "well, like, it's really hard to climb".

Of course it's little more than a rallying point for the Trump base so it's not like there needs to be any fleshed out ideas.

If you believe that the first part of your own statement is true, then why would you worry or care?

If it's poorly designed, unrealistic to fund and won't curb illegal immigration anyways what's the impact on the Pleebo?

Won't it just fall apart on it's own? Or blow up in our faces?

I'm not getting the how it negatively effects pleebo or why you would care. You said yourself "it's little more than a rallying point for the Trump base" so then how does a wall we can't afford to build or acquire the land for negatively effect the environment it's not on.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2018-08-02 14:33:40
Link | Citer | R

screwing around with you guys is curing my headache though. 100 million thank yous from the mid-west.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2018-08-02 14:35:56
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Mosin said: »
screwing around with you guys is curing my headache though. 100 million thank yous from the mid-west.

it's making mine worse!
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2018-08-02 14:36:00
Link | Citer | R

In other words, racism.

america has worked in the past due to the 'melting pot' mentality. Assimilate to the american way, and thrive. we're not forcing assimilation socially anymore, and it's causing a divide. language is important. Xenophobia would probably be a more apt description.

I was speaking generally btw, Saevel may be a racist for all I know.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2018-08-02 14:42:41
Link | Citer | R

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2018-08-02 14:51:23
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
I really don't know what you're trying to get at. You asked for rationale and I laid it out. What do you mean specifically by "care"? Like, am I concerned about a personal impact or am I paying attention to current politics or.. what? You seem confused about personal opposition on current topics like it isn't something that just is. An idea is put out, you agree with it or not (or somewhere in between), and articulate why that is.

Yes, I think the wall is a fairy tale. No, I don't think it's ever going to get built. I don't need to justify having an opinion on it either way.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-08-02 15:13:24
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Saevel said: »
For the right it's a symbol that they can reject the whole global citizenship multiculturalism forced diversity philosophy.

In other words, racism.

Saev, you can't discuss complex topics with these people. They immediately break it down into meaningless buzzwords.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2018-08-02 15:25:46
Link | Citer | R

DirectX said: »
How do you even do that?

Idk I wasn't born until the 80's, and I think the current trend had already begun.

Also America has decades before this will be noticeable like in many Eureopean countries.

nah, I was in san diego a couple years ago, and english speaking people were the minority. It's a little scary when you can't communicate. I'm smart enough that I didn't really care, but I can see where some people probably aren't.
[+]
 Odin.Slore
Serveur: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2018-08-02 15:59:21
Link | Citer | R

Viciouss said: »
Bernie Sanders wants those things.

Um have you not been watching congressional races? A LOT of democrats want those things....
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2018-08-02 16:48:59
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Asura.Saevel said: »
For the right it's a symbol that they can reject the whole global citizenship multiculturalism forced diversity philosophy.

In other words, racism.

Saev, you can't discuss complex topics with these people. They immediately break it down into meaningless buzzwords.

Nope their immediate emotional response is to attempt to bully and attack someone as a way of discouraging others from doing the same. "Don't dare disagree with us or we'll publicly label you a racist too!".

Didn't work too well for Clinton, don't see that changing anytime in the near future.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2018-08-02 16:50:40
Link | Citer | R

How do you even do that?
Idk I wasn't born until the 80's, and I think the current trend had already begun.

Also America has decades before this will be noticeable like in many Eureopean countries.
nah, I was in san diego a couple years ago, and english speaking people were the minority. It's a little scary when you can't communicate. I'm smart enough that I didn't really care, but I can see where some people probably aren't.
When I visited New York city in the late 1970s (before Mosin was born) the barkers in Coney Island were mostly shouting in Spanish.

But long before that, in the 1890s, there was a thriving Yiddish culture in NYC with a thriving Yiddish theater community and daily Yiddish newspapers.
By Viciouss 2018-08-02 16:51:43
Link | Citer | R

Saeval isnt racist he just has this cute little superiority complex that leads him to constantly shitpost. He is a funny guy.
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2018-08-02 17:03:29
Link | Citer | R

When I visited New York city in the late 1970s (before Mosin was born) the barkers in Coney Island were mostly shouting in Spanish.

But long before that, in the 1890s, there was a thriving Yiddish culture in NYC with a thriving Yiddish theater community and daily Yiddish newspapers.

the gypsy woman thing wasn't intended as a snub, fyi. My wife is a russian gypsy woman, and I'd have her no other way.
By fonewear 2018-08-02 17:23:53
Link | Citer | R

Chanti is Jimi Hendrix:

YouTube Video Placeholder
By fonewear 2018-08-02 17:29:07
Link | Citer | R

How do you even do that?

Worst part about NYC is they turned it into Disneyland and tourists. The real New York is no longer there.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2018-08-02 17:35:47
Link | Citer | R

fonewear said: »
Worst part about NYC is they turned it into Disneyland and tourists.

I've gotta go there next summer, it's gonna suck.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-08-02 17:46:04
Link | Citer | R

fonewear said: »
Worst part about NYC is they turned it into Disneyland and tourists.

I've gotta go there next summer, it's gonna suck.

It's not so bad if you go during a time when there aren't many people around. You know, like, after a plague or something.
[+]
 Odin.Slore
By Odin.Slore 2018-08-02 18:11:29
Link | Citer | R

I go there alot as I live in NY (upstate). It isn't to bad in the summer cause most tourist are by beach. Xmas time is horrid though.
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2018-08-02 18:33:47
Link | Citer | R

the gypsy woman thing wasn't intended as a snub, fyi. My wife is a russian gypsy woman, and I'd have her no other way.
I took it as a complement.

The before you were born bit was intended to illustrate that majority Spanish speaking areas in the US have been around for a while. (Indeed, the New Mexico state legislature has been operating in both English and Spanish since it was a territory.)

Majority Yiddish speaking areas have vanished.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Slore
By Odin.Slore 2018-08-02 18:44:51
Link | Citer | R

We have a klezmer festival in Syracuse every year. I have never been myself but it is pretty popular.
By Nausi 2018-08-02 18:48:17
Link | Citer | R

In other words, racism.

This is due to our welfare state. Immigrants can come here and not assimilate, because they have access to subsistence off the government ***. 1st and 2nd gen immigrant household (legal and illegal) welfare usage is off the chart compared to the rest of us.

This is bad any way you cut it. It destroys the melting pot idea and it wrecks the country. Liberals couldn't be happier about it, because they think tossing dollars to poor ol (insert name here) who is down on his luck is somehow a bigger virtue than maintaining a collective language, values and culture.

They are 100% wrong. Xenophobia is a phobia. An irrational fear, as in "there is no reason to it". Being adverse to the dismantling of your culture is not irrational.
First Page 2 3 ... 44 45 46 ... 133 134 135