High-Tier Mission Battlefields - Entrance

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » High-Tier Mission Battlefields - Entrance
High-Tier Mission Battlefields - Entrance
 Cerberus.Mindi
Offline
Serveur: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Mindi
Posts: 600
By Cerberus.Mindi 2018-04-15 14:44:52
Link | Citer | R
 
Soo, our mule has sea access (and this way also finished Feared one Mission) ... but we can't get the Ki for Merit Battlefield "Feared one II" for him.

Anything we are missing? We need to talk to a random NPC before Trisvain (the Sandy NPC) hands out the KI's? Also can't get the Avatar fights (where we at least did a Trial Garuda and couldn't get the KI ... but there we thought he doesn't get them because he don't has SMN unlocked.)

What are we missing, any idea? We need to finish whole CoP to do the battles? He is currently at Mission "Garden of Antiquilty", he is Bastok Rank 10, currently at Ark Angels for Sky and has finished Adoulin and Rhapsodies.
Offline
Posts: 219
By hobo 2018-04-15 14:56:34
Link | Citer | R
 
For Avatars I think you had to get all the whispers before you could buy any of the KIs.
 Asura.Heeroyuy
Offline
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
Posts: 44
By Asura.Heeroyuy 2018-04-15 15:01:00
Link | Citer | R
 
All you need to access is:
Must be level 95 or higher
Must have completed the lower level version of the battlefield.

And enough merits to buy it.
 Cerberus.Mindi
Offline
Serveur: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Mindi
Posts: 600
By Cerberus.Mindi 2018-04-15 15:16:50
Link | Citer | R
 
W
Asura.Heeroyuy said: »
All you need to access is:
Must be level 95 or higher
Must have completed the lower level version of the battlefield.

And enough merits to buy it.

I can BG wiki myself^^

He has multiple 99's. Didnt mention that. What mission progress he has i wrote above, so he has done the normal mission fights we want to do. Merits he is allways capped.
So there is either something wrong or i miss something.

hobo said: »
For Avatars I think you had to get all the whispers before you could buy any of the KIs.

Ah okay, it didn't bother me too much at those. But good to know.
Offline
Posts: 679
By Staleyx 2018-04-15 15:27:31
Link | Citer | R
 
Yes you need to have killed the avatars at least once.
Offline
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: swordwiz
Posts: 126
By Asura.Lordoftheseven 2018-04-15 15:30:53
Link | Citer | R
 
Cerberus.Mindi said: »
W
Asura.Heeroyuy said: »
All you need to access is:
Must be level 95 or higher
Must have completed the lower level version of the battlefield.

And enough merits to buy it.

I can BG wiki myself^^

He has multiple 99's. Didnt mention that. What mission progress he has i wrote above, so he has done the normal mission fights we want to do. Merits he is allways capped.
So there is either something wrong or i miss something.

hobo said: »
For Avatars I think you had to get all the whispers before you could buy any of the KIs.

Ah okay, it didn't bother me too much at those. But good to know.
You need to do all 6 og avatars
 Cerberus.Boogs
Offline
Serveur: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: rs1n
Posts: 232
By Cerberus.Boogs 2018-04-15 15:45:25
Link | Citer | R
 
For the avatar battles you must make sure you do not have any KIs from completing or starting the original avatar fights. Ie expend all tuning forks and then turn in all whispers.
Offline
By clearlyamule 2018-04-15 17:40:49
Link | Citer | R
 
Cerberus.Mindi said: »
Asura.Heeroyuy said: »
All you need to access is:
Must be level 95 or higher
Must have completed the lower level version of the battlefield.

And enough merits to buy it.


He has multiple 99's.
One thing that is overlooked is that you have to be on a 95+ job when buying the KI. Don't know how many times been doing random stuff try to buy and it yells at me lol
 Cerberus.Mindi
Offline
Serveur: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Mindi
Posts: 600
By Cerberus.Mindi 2018-04-16 01:38:56
Link | Citer | R
 
Okay, thx for the avatars clear up^^.

But our main problem is the mission fight for Omega and Ultima, "The Feared one" where we have the main mission done and can't get the Ki. And yea, the character is 99 when he tries to buy it ._. The NPC list them and says "Incomplete", but the normal mission is listed as complete mission.
Offline
Posts: 604
By Foxfire 2018-04-16 01:57:08
Link | Citer | R
 
Are you sure the phantom gem KI isn't in your temporary items list?
Offline
Posts: 576
By Nyarlko 2018-04-16 02:13:26
Link | Citer | R
 
The exact requirements for basic elemental avatar HTBs:
1. Beat all 6 basic elemental avatars standard Trials. Minifork versions don't work for anything besides unlocking pacts IIRC.
2. Use up all whispers to gain a standard reward. Has to be something from the reward list. Pact works, gil works, etc. Consuming them for ring or Fenrir does not count. You do not have to accept the pacts or even have SMN unlocked.
3. You should be able to buy the "Avatar Phantom Gem" as soon as you have spent all 6x whispers.

For the Feared One:
1. Might need to complete COP missions. Would not be surprised at all if you hit some sort of hidden lockout flag like what's common with ROV missions.
2. Silly question, but did you verify that the character had at least 15 merits to buy the KI at the time you checked the npc? And that you don't have the KI in possession already? It's "Feared One Phantom Gem" under Temporary Key Items.
 Cerberus.Mindi
Offline
Serveur: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Mindi
Posts: 600
By Cerberus.Mindi 2018-04-16 11:17:03
Link | Citer | R
 
Nyarlko said: »
The exact requirements for basic elemental avatar HTBs:
1. Beat all 6 basic elemental avatars standard Trials. Minifork versions don't work for anything besides unlocking pacts IIRC.
2. Use up all whispers to gain a standard reward. Has to be something from the reward list. Pact works, gil works, etc. Consuming them for ring or Fenrir does not count. You do not have to accept the pacts or even have SMN unlocked.
3. You should be able to buy the "Avatar Phantom Gem" as soon as you have spent all 6x whispers.

For the Feared One:
1. Might need to complete COP missions. Would not be surprised at all if you hit some sort of hidden lockout flag like what's common with ROV missions.
2. Silly question, but did you verify that the character had at least 15 merits to buy the KI at the time you checked the npc? And that you don't have the KI in possession already? It's "Feared One Phantom Gem" under Temporary Key Items.

Thank you for making it very clear how to do the Avatar fight^^

... and silly question was not so silly. I found phantom gem ki ... /facepalm. Was checking the perma Ki yesterday i guess. Seems my husband has bought them all once when he passed by the npc with our mule ><;

But aleast now i know what i need to do to fight the avatars with mule ... so not a total pointless thread ^^;

thx everyone for the replies.
Offline
Posts: 604
By Foxfire 2018-04-16 13:46:22
Link | Citer | R
 
good thing i asked, i guess
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Log in to post.