Pet Regen Cap??

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Geomancer » Pet Regen Cap??
Pet Regen Cap??
 Asura.Patriclis
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Patriclis
By Asura.Patriclis 2018-04-12 12:16:29
Link | Citer | R

Dear Geofriends,

I am looking at leveling geo and am putting together some preliminary sets. My big question is this: Does Pet Regen have a cap for luopans?

I ask because it seems like you can get enough Pet Regen to have your luopan regen health even with Ecliptic up.

+03 Sucellos
+03 Azimuth Hood +1
+03 Telchine Body w/ Augments
+03 Telchine Hands w/ Augments
+15 Nantosuelta's cape
+01 Isa Belt
+03 Telchine Legs w/ Augments
+05 Bagua Sandals +3

=36

Just wondering if there's a cap on pet regen, or is it actually possible to have your luopan regenerate health? o_o

inb4: "but muh idris", "you need pet -DT", "you need player -DT", "this build is bad and you should feel bad"

This isn't a build, just a question.
 Ragnarok.Martel
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2018-04-12 12:42:31
Link | Citer | R

If there's such a cap, it hasn't been found yet that I've seen.

With Ecliptic Attrition up perp cost being -30 per tick, you would be recovering HP 6 hp/tick with +36 pet regen. So yeah, should tick up not down. IRRC the luopan's HP will hang at 99% since the HP is ticking up, then down every tick.

Keep in mind that Luopans have a hard 10 minute time limit. They'll depop even at full HP after 10 minutes. So you can't keep one up indefinitely, but you can certainly keep a luopan up for 10 minutes with BoG and EA up with enough pet regen. At which point, recasts are back up, rinse and repeat.

The issue there is that on most content the luopan is going to take dmg. Thus the perp- isn't the only thing to worry about. Fitting in pet DT is a valid concern.
[+]
 Asura.Patriclis
user: Patriclis
By Asura.Patriclis 2018-04-12 12:59:03
Link | Citer | R

Thanks for the in-depth answer Martel.

I know that Pet DT and player DT are also very important, and with life-cycle and the 10 minute cap, you can keep the luopan alive even without going full regen.

I just wanted to make sure there wasnt a cap when building my sets so I'm not wasting a slot (i.e taking pet: regen over some player -dt and then finding out that the regen was pointless because it was capped anyways)
 Asura.Inuyushi
user: Inuyushi
By Asura.Inuyushi 2018-04-12 15:23:52
Link | Citer | R

If one were to see if a cap were attainable, it would best be done in either Reisenjima with the COR Regen roll or in Abyssea with Regen Atma's since they carry over to pets. Same for Reisenjima buffs.

Back before SMN Burn was a thing, my shell would SATA+WS burn Erinys. I would easily rock a 10 minute BoG+Ecliptic bubble and didn't even have to watch it. It stayed at full HP between my gear and Reisenjima buffs. It was the most boring fight, but easiest of them all.