String Theory: A Puppetmaster's Guide *NEW*

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » String Theory: A Puppetmaster's Guide *NEW*
String Theory: A Puppetmaster's Guide *NEW*
First Page 2 3 ... 98 99
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Serveur: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-06-24 23:50:51
Link | Citer | R

Don't get me wrong, I think K123 is a moron just as much as the next guy, but...this isn't really intuitive stuff, and he's clearly new to the job.

Instead of just assuming that he knows how maneuvers and overloading work, it would probably be better to explain in excruciating detail exactly which JA/pet commands to do (and why) rather than just mocking him/other people new to the job.

Inb4 this is all written out in painstaking detail in one of the posts already linked to him.
 Valefor.Philemon
Serveur: Valefor
user: detlef
By Valefor.Philemon 2024-06-25 01:38:16
Link | Citer | R

The last time I dusted off PUP for the first time in awhile, I couldn't figure out why I couldn't use any maneuvers until somebody reminded me about animators. So yes, some of us need our hands held a bit.
By Seun 2024-06-25 02:35:39
Link | Citer | R

K123 said: »
>>Just enter, engage and afk

Make sure you have animator and automaton oil +2 equipped.

Go to the curio moogle vendor and get grape daifuku.
Go to the BC and activate.
Wait 15 seconds, use a light maneuver and enter the BC.
Use a fire maneuver when you get inside.
Run to the top of the ramp and use a wind maneuver.
Walk to toward Fe'e until you're in range, then send your automaton in.
Give the automaton a few swings to establish hate, then cast Bio.

At this point, your only priority is maintaining maneuvers. You don't need to spam them, just reapply as you see them starting to wear off.

Fe'e will calm down after your automaton's first WS. It's generally safe after this point to switch from bio to dia to speed up the fight. Just keep an eye on automaton health and use oil as needed.

ezpz
[+]
By K123 2024-06-25 04:40:32
Link | Citer | R

Ok. Nowhere have I read anything about needing to wait after activating. Can I enter BC, wait 15s, light maneuver, wait 15s, next maneuver (fire or light or thunder or wind??) and then engage?

I haven't seen maneuvers wear off, honestly didn't realise all of this was needed when there are hundreds of "hurr durr call pet and afk" posts on FFXIAH and elsewhere. Right now I barely see how it is much less effort than nuking it down on RDM, except if you are afk botting which was going to be my end goal but granted I only have about 40 pops I might as well do them manually.

I have the animator equipped but was hoping to do a no-healing afk as everyone says is possible. Does having the oil equipped do something even if I don't intend to heal?
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-06-25 08:44:36
Link | Citer | R

Having it equipped saves you a panic attack and swear words when you go to use repair but cant then try 3 or 4 more times before you figure it out, then frantically search for your oil while fe'e beats your *** cause your auto died while you were in your bags.

Other than that though, it does nothing.

Quote:
Alas, not everything is wonderful in the world of Maneuvers. Maneuvers come with a price attached (as if they weren’t complicated enough!). After having been Activated, Automatons have an invisible amount of Burden that they start with for each of the 8 elements. This burden slowly decays over time (~1 degree per tick). Every time you use a Maneuver, the burden for that element will increase in an amount related to the masters stats in relation to the automatons stats. If you pass the overload threshold, there is a chance that you will Overload... which is bad. This wipes all current active maneuvers, severely hampers your Automaton, and should be avoided at all costs.
https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/String_Theory
 Asura.Alseyn
user: Alseyn
By Asura.Alseyn 2024-06-25 09:07:29
Link | Citer | R

I haven't seen maneuvers wear off, honestly didn't realise all of this was needed when there are hundreds of "hurr durr call pet and afk" posts on FFXIAH and elsewhere. Right now I barely see how it is much less effort than nuking it down on RDM

YouTube Video Placeholder

It really is that easy.

(Levelled and geared PUP because of this video, no joke.)
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-06-25 09:18:36
Link | Citer | R

I see grape daifuku ALL the time, why do you people use those.
(I understand why bst uses it for the lizard)

Akamocchi is better and cheaper (automaton cannot get anywhere even close to cap)

STR+2
Accuracy +10%
Attack +10%

Accuracy +10%
Attack +16%
[+]
By Seun 2024-06-25 09:34:12
Link | Citer | R

Ok. Nowhere have I read anything about needing to wait after activating. Can I enter BC, wait 15s, light maneuver, wait 15s, next maneuver (fire or light or thunder or wind??) and then engage?

Yes, you can use the maneuvers at any point before engaging. Also, you can apply them in any order. I generally start with light because the automaton doesn't activate with full health.

Again, everyone who is saying you can AFK is using a tool to autocast maneuvers. Besides the initial positioning and the optional bio/dia application, maintaining maneuvers is the only thing you do.

Oils aren't necessary, they're just insurance. You should never need one if you are keeping light maneuver up and especially if you're applying bio during the initial phase.
[+]
By Seun 2024-06-25 09:56:10
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »

I generally play alongside the automaton and it has decent stats for the master. Mostly I use it because I also play BST and I have it around because I cook. You're right though, not necessary here.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2024-06-25 10:21:02
Link | Citer | R

When you activate, you start with some amount of burden. 60 cap doesn’t have access to cooldown so waiting 15 to 20 seconds after activate reduces the chances of overload right out of the gate

Edit: missed the reply that already said that
By jubes 2024-06-25 10:26:07
Link | Citer | R

had never seen a mog ross video before, 10/10
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-06-25 10:32:04
Link | Citer | R

Seun said: »

I generally play alongside the automaton and it has decent stats for the master. Mostly I use it because I also play BST and I have it around because I cook. You're right though, not necessary here.

Well, food is useful, that blind is potent and 40 extra attack is 20 seconds shaved off.

Its just why use the inferior food (when both are at the moogle and the better food is cheaper!)
By Nariont 2024-06-25 11:47:14
Link | Citer | R

higher max acc gained and same max atk given would be my guess
By K123 2024-06-25 11:49:42
Link | Citer | R

Where's good to skill up automaton skil afk? Seem to have stopped at 190 on uraganite outside adoulin.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-06-25 11:50:50
Link | Citer | R

Nariont said: »

Auto is no where near max, barely half. (I understand that people are likely dumb enough to not know that, I just want to them to say it. It's worrisome the amount of people that use daifuku.)

Where's good to skill up automaton skil afk? Seem to have stopped at 190 on uraganite outside adoulin.

That's the spot, or a reive. It doesn't stop there.
 Fenrir.Richybear
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2024-06-25 11:51:09
Link | Citer | R

Rieves probably
By Nariont 2024-06-25 11:54:26
Link | Citer | R

Auto is no where near max, barely half.

Should have clarified that i meant on ilvl content and above, where i think you would likely be hitting those caps reasonably. And well, if i use it at ilvl, why not just use it everywhere else.

Its like those people who would use % food at dunes level and only gain maybe 5 in a stat as opposed to static +stat, it worked at high levels why not at every level
By K123 2024-06-25 11:54:42
Link | Citer | R

Nariont said: »

Auto is no where near max, barely half. (I understand that people are likely dumb enough to not know that, I just want to them to say it. It's worrisome the amount of people that use daifuku.)

That's the spot, or a reive. It doesn't stop there.
Yeah I didn't think it should cap so soon, had a massive break in skill ups happening and it feels like it has slowed down though.
By Nariont 2024-06-25 11:55:49
Link | Citer | R

Auto slows down around the same point players do, thing is autos get *** all methods to increase gain rate, ride that percolator as much as you can
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-06-25 11:57:32
Link | Citer | R

The skillups do slow, thats why you do something else for an hour while it does its thing (and your lua applies maneuvers)
By K123 2024-06-25 12:20:55
Link | Citer | R

plz send lua
By K123 2024-06-25 12:27:44
Link | Citer | R

Is Divinator better than R0 Neo Animator? Does it give bonuses to pet acc and attack even at 60 cap?
By Seun 2024-06-25 14:28:14
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Richybear said: »
Rieves probably

WKR in particular. I still get skillups here 30+ into ML.

Is Divinator better than R0 Neo Animator? Does it give bonuses to pet acc and attack even at 60 cap?

The only concern here is type I vs type II. Type I will keep your pet in melee range and type II keeps your pet at a distance. Obviously use type I here. Personally I use the turbo animator (AF1 quest).
By K123 2024-06-26 06:13:31
Link | Citer | R

It's getting better but pet still seems to take loads of damage, have to cure with oil once per run. It is much slower than doing it on RDM if you don't also melee and WS particularly.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-06-26 07:44:42
Link | Citer | R

Not particularly the fastest or the best. It's the lowest effort.

No gear to make space for. No strat. No 2box to warp you home. One time set up. Repeatable. Reliable. (almost) Idiotproof.
By K123 2024-06-26 10:11:21
Link | Citer | R

Not particularly the fastest or the best. It's the lowest effort.

No gear to make space for. No strat. No 2box to warp you home. One time set up. Repeatable. Reliable. (almost) Idiotproof.
Ah well, I already play RDM so the animator and the oils is 2 extra slots to carry for me! It's kinda fun on RDM but I'm already bored of doing it knowing it isn't going to drop... but got nothin left to do.
By jubes 2024-06-27 12:39:42
Link | Citer | R

had a very fun fight vs chaos final battle for TVR. tank pet stood in the middle after fetters popped and I killed them while constantly resummoning trusts because they were mostly worthless. I think all the scripted NPCs died lol, took 6 fetters down and then chaos fell shortly after. wasn't fast by any means, just over 15min. I'm sure plenty of jobs can solo this fight but was happy to get it done without needing any help. now to pick a ring...
First Page 2 3 ... 98 99