String Theory: A Puppetmaster's Guide *NEW*

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » String Theory: A Puppetmaster's Guide *NEW*
String Theory: A Puppetmaster's Guide *NEW*
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 94 95 96
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-12-12 15:46:31
Link | Citer | R

If you go to reisenjima and find a 124 plant to AS with fire/light/wind with no pet stat gear (see; 5/5 taliah) and it does 5940 then they got no bonus trait

Quick easy test

I might even do it real fast (after gain money)
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-12-12 17:20:06
Link | Citer | R

Ugh. Ok. I forgot I turned on a couple vorseals since I got the 5940s. I don't know how many. Very uncharacteristic of me to put in effort like that.

No vorseals = 6048... so... They got an increase, but I don't know how much.

Totally failed.
124 panopt Capped attack turned off str/dex/agi vorseals master pup with skill merits 5/5 and cape for lv+1
STR92 +108
DEX96 +108
AGI103 +108

If you can figure out what it should've done then see if they got the bonus or not.

IF I had zero vorseals, and did 5940 then and did 6048 now, that's 108 damage ... ~1.7% increase
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2018-12-12 22:24:16
Link | Citer | R

That's... pretty cool, and surprises me that SE would do it but I'll take it! Thanks for checking.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-12-12 22:49:49
Link | Citer | R

I wish I had taken note of what vorseals I had when I was looking at TS4 vs Attuner... I probably had at least 1 of each, but i'll never know now.

Increase is an increase though
By Nariont 2018-12-12 22:56:01
Link | Citer | R

Think rng got 3 traits while pup got 2 so unless i misunderstood the increase in the tiers the puppet got 2 tiers aswell?
By Teuphist 2018-12-13 06:09:48
Link | Citer | R

I could be mistaken, but I don't believe the new trait transfers to puppets. * This new job trait is only available to player characters and alter egos.

Figured they would specifically state pets or automatons if it had.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2018-12-13 09:20:34
Link | Citer | R

Teuphist said: »
I could be mistaken, but I don't believe the new trait transfers to puppets. * This new job trait is only available to player characters and alter egos.

Figured they would specifically state pets or automatons if it had.
I think the update note tells thier intention. Not necessarily the reality.
[+]
By Aerix 2018-12-13 11:36:06
Link | Citer | R

I don't know about your matons, but Aurore is a real player to me!
 Shiva.Onionknight
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Onionknight 2018-12-13 13:41:53
Link | Citer | R

I bet that dmg increase is not from the trait, but from the new Str to damage calculations?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-12-13 14:01:54
Link | Citer | R

STR itself didn't change, only the attack you get from it, and AS was and still is capped.
By Teuphist 2018-12-22 17:14:47
Link | Citer | R

Show your AM3 sets. I've decided to rework mine and want to capitalize on DA and keep a substantial amount of TA as well.

Currently at DA:54% TA:51%
By andy1110 2018-12-24 08:48:28
Link | Citer | R

what's the most up 2 date puppet ws set like? or stay on puppet tp set only?
By Teuphist 2018-12-24 13:53:57
Link | Citer | R

Correction on my list post. I was informed my DA/TA doesn't stack w/ AM3 since the checks are at different. Therefore, it stands at DA:14% TA:31% during AM3.

andy1110 said: »
what's the most up 2 date puppet ws set like? or stay on puppet tp set only?

ex. Arcuballista
ItemSet 364049

I imagine this is probably the best you can put together for max Sharpshot Arcu damage. There may be arguments to be made from me about Herc feet over Naga as I have DEX+15 R.Att+20 currently and both seem to average about the same in damage. I do not have +1 Thurandaut Ring or Xiucoatl (path C) to know how much the R.Acc is effected over Ohtas, augmented Condemners or even the TP Bonus of Ohrmazd. Play with it to find which works best for you.
[+]
By Kaleen75014 2019-01-04 01:17:24
Link | Citer | R

Hello Puppetmasters !

I am considering gearing up pup and maybe start a new career lol, I wanted to know if the BGWiki "String Theory" is still up to date gearwise, and is PUP heavily dependant on JSE? Thank you !
 Asura.Elizabet
user: Elizabet
By Asura.Elizabet 2019-01-04 03:59:25
Link | Citer | R

Hello, I know you guys likely also have SMN...

With Karene's and Lugalbanda, should I trade in my Gelos and get Burana instead? Does Pup benefit more from Burana, than SMN from Gelos, considering the other 2 earrings existing?
By Nariont 2019-01-04 04:36:35
Link | Citer | R

With the current selection of earrings, assuming you have them, burana is mostly a manuever swap and mab/ratk ear and the maneuver stat increase is fairly minor, if you arent at all using gelos then sure itll have some use, but its about in the same spot honestly
 Asura.Justinjman
user: Dgrossen
By Asura.Justinjman 2019-01-04 07:54:23
Link | Citer | R

For stringing pummel would herc gear with chd be better than the rao set? If not why? Was thinking to gear it much like cdc. Thanks.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [37 days between previous and next post]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2019-02-10 15:28:36
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kusaregedo said: »
foire dastanas +3 grant what exactly? just +5 stat to the corresponding element of the maneuver, or increase the performance of applicable attachments?

The enhancement is just additional automaton stat, yes. They only need to be equipped on JA use, where you should be using AF hands anyway due to the lower overload burden.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2019-02-13 06:42:09
Link | Citer | R

So the puppet can't hold hate on Warder of Courage, but how about the AAs and the 4 non-Kirin Sky NMs in Escha? Also, does AAEV's move one shot the puppet? Looking to 3-man those NMs and figure PUP would be the most reliable tank while SCH+GEO do the work. And since Seiryu hate goes nuts as well if doing magic strat, what would be the best way to handle that NM? Better to stick to PUP tank and do melee DPS instead?
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2019-02-13 08:08:43
Link | Citer | R

Puppet has no trouble tanking any of the Ark Angels or non-kirin sky gods in Esch Ru'aun, aside from Seiryu.

Puppet can tank Seiryu, but you really need steam jacket and you do NOT do magical damage.

Not sure which move from AAEV you think is a threat. If you pup dies, I think you are doing it wrong.

puppet should have 87.5% damage reduction and Auto-repair kit 4 refresh. the biggest threats are enfeebles like doom, petrify, terror, and hate resets.

I don't think AAEV has any of those. Regulator is a great option for NM's like AAEV because you can steal pro/shell. makes the enemy weaker, and the pup stronger.
[+]
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2019-02-13 08:16:32
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk said: »
Puppet has no trouble tanking any of the Ark Angels or non-kirin sky gods in Esch Ru'aun, aside from Seiryu.

Puppet can tank Seiryu, but you really need steam jacket and you do NOT do magical damage.

Not sure which move from AAEV you think is a threat. If you pup dies, I think you are doing it wrong.

puppet should have 87.5% damage reduction and Auto-repair kit 4 refresh. the biggest threats are enfeebles like doom, petrify, terror, and hate resets.

I don't think AAEV has any of those. Regulator is a great option for NM's like AAEV because you can steal pro/shell. makes the enemy weaker, and the pup stronger.

Only thing I'm thinking about AAEV is that Arrogance Incarnate (Spirits Within) WS, but maybe she doesn't use it in Escha? Is that only in the BCNM fight? Thanks for the feedback on all the others too. Will give it a whirl tonight.

Side thought for Seiryu, would using the enspell attachment stick Seiryu to the puppet? Is that considered elemental damage that would trigger the hate craze?
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2019-02-13 08:23:44
Link | Citer | R

I don't think the enthunder effect would trigger it, but I really don't know.

It seems to be spellcasting, but its not all spells.

I know I've pup tanked them all successfully.

if you want to experiment, you could try the mage tank build (Harlequin body + soulsouther head) which can pro/shell itself and cast whm enfeebles. but It could be messy, or it could work great...
By Nariont 2019-02-13 10:22:17
Link | Citer | R

She does use it but if you have a dt kit it typically doesnt 1 shot, and thats on a pld/run, puppet should have little issue eating it
By Aerix 2019-02-13 22:54:51
Link | Citer | R

For what it's worth, you can just OD all of the AAs and Suzaku with PUP if your gear/attachments are right. Not sure about the other three gods yet, but I'm planning to make solo vids for them if they're possible. At the very least Byakko shouldn't be an issue.

* AAGK: double Armor Plates; his multistep SC can hurt and you want to reduce Fudo's damage as much as possible to prevent double Light from one-shotting. This guy is also super tanky, so I wouldn't recommend trying without rolls because OD can wear off near the end--though he's still possible to finish off even without OD. Probably not a bad idea to weaken him a bit first without OD as he's pretty weak outside of Meikyo Shisui multisteps.

* AATT: go full damage to kill while OD is up, or else maton will get petrified a lot. Make sure you stand at max range to avoid Meteor and go /RDM to heal/SS yourself. Use the pop spot near the entrance to the zone for more space.

* AAMR: double Mana Jammers to reduce Cloudsplitter; PDT typically isn't a must-have if you Repair, but AP4 can't hurt

* AAEV: you can't really reduce Arrogance Incarnate and it will usually one-shot the maton during OD if she uses it at high HP. Just go full damage and hope for the best.

* AAHM: 1 Armor Plate should be plenty, he's the easiest imo as long as you stay out of Mijin range as the master.

* Suzaku: Steam Jacket+highest Jammer absolutely neuters its Chainspell. It's kinda evasive, but with Target Marker it's usually not an issue.
[+]
 Shiva.Pukkaup
Serveur: Shiva
user: robertlee
By Shiva.Pukkaup 2019-02-23 10:57:21
Link | Citer | R

Can anyone tell me how to add a set for pets ws in a lua please
By Aerix 2019-02-24 08:15:47
Link | Citer | R

Regular gearswap luas can't catch Pet WS in time to swap in WS gear beforehand. There are some specialized luas out there that people have been working on to fix the issue, but I haven't been keep track of them since I manually swap.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-02-25 02:11:23
Link | Citer | R

Next update is a PUPdate!
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 94 95 96