String Theory: A Puppetmaster's Guide *NEW*

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » String Theory: A Puppetmaster's Guide *NEW*
String Theory: A Puppetmaster's Guide *NEW*
First Page 2 3 ... 38 39 40 ... 97 98 99
 Asura.Sechs
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-03-10 07:07:03
Link | Citer | R

Aerix said: »
FUA doesn't proc on WS; that's only Mythic AM3.
I thought it worked like the Raetic Weapons (and old Jailer Weapons), guess I was wrong!
By SimonSes 2020-03-10 07:13:21
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
I thought it worked like the Raetic Weapons

Afaik Raetic also doesn't work for WS XD
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-03-10 08:29:01
Link | Citer | R

Don't Raetic Weapons use the same "multiattack" technology that was imbued into Jailer Weapons? Or was that initial theory debunked after further tests?
It's what I read on these forums at start, but I stopped following the tests because I wasn't particularly interested :x
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2020-03-10 09:06:01
Link | Citer | R

They do not.

Raetic = FUA =/ Jailer
 Shiva.Eightball
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Eightball 2020-03-10 09:57:02
Link | Citer | R

Update notes say they fixed companions roll, did they fix the lv97 cor thing or was that fixed before?

I’m asking here because this glitch directly benefitted pup the most.
By Aerix 2020-03-10 13:33:47
Link | Citer | R

I can't test it, but I'm not aware of any other glitches with Companion's Roll so I'm pretty sure COR97 was fixed.
 Asura.Bixbite
By Asura.Bixbite 2020-03-10 15:41:15
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Eightball said: »
Update notes say they fixed companions roll, did they fix the lv97 cor thing or was that fixed before?

I’m asking here because this glitch directly benefitted pup the most.

Yes it was fixed/nerfed.
 Ramuh.Austar
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2020-03-12 03:31:49
Link | Citer | R

SimonSes said: »
If anybody can explain the 200-300 damage discrepancy in favor of a DA cape compared to Crit cape for SP I'm all ears.

Maybe I made a mistake or there's an error in the MNK spreadsheet. Either way someone else needs to double-check.

I would need to check things like how sheet handle 8hit cap in WS and how it simulate MA proc (Can possibly do TA>DA on main hand, then TA>DA on sub hand, which would make DA more valuable than it is). I dont care that much to do it tho. I would maybe care if the difference would be like 10%, but 200-300 damage.. I would just trust my feeling here and use crit cape personally, but I wont even try to convince anyone to do the same.
i don't think a spreadsheet would accurately do an 8 hit cap properly, you could make a h2h WS simulation easily that will
 Quetzalcoatl.Avengers
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Avengers
By Quetzalcoatl.Avengers 2020-03-13 20:12:29
Link | Citer | R

trying to get some information in regards to WS, I've seen some info that +WSD damage is bad and not worth getting and may not be as good for Pup. When using in consideration for SP/VS, how does it fair? Not sure if it may have gotten better with the h2h change. Tried to do some google searching, but couldn't find anything.

Can anyone share some light please? Thanks

Main reason I ask, is I unlocked Bastok Dynamis tonight, so can do hands now.
By Aerix 2020-03-13 21:45:15
Link | Citer | R

SP/VS use Crit Damage/Rate and multiattack. Everything else uses as much multiattack as possible. All of them use their highest attribute mods as well, of course.

WSD on HTH is pretty much dead with regard to stacking it except for MNK's Final Heaven and in some instances for Howling Fist.

However, Hizamaru Hizayoroi +2 is excellent for some WSs, but not primarily because of its WSD.
By clearlyamule 2020-03-13 21:45:48
Link | Citer | R

I can't test it, but I'm not aware of any other glitches with Companion's Roll so I'm pretty sure COR97 was fixed.
Technically speaking the bug effected all levels 95- 98 so maybe they missed some of the less useful ones!
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2020-03-13 21:52:55
Link | Citer | R

What are you guys on Shiva up to? I've been thinking about resubbing since we closed everything up for the foreseeable future. I'd like to do PUP stuff if you guys are still doing it.
 Shiva.Siviard
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2020-03-14 01:12:38
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia said: »
What are you guys on Shiva up to? I've been thinking about resubbing since we closed everything up for the foreseeable future. I'd like to do PUP stuff if you guys are still doing it.

Hi Tru, yeah we're still pet jobbing it up though we're not too active just yet and really just trying to rebuild the shell.

Glad to see you, btw.
By clearlyamule 2020-03-14 01:22:19
Link | Citer | R

Yo why you no tell me shell is back!?!
 Shiva.Siviard
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2020-03-14 01:38:25
Link | Citer | R

clearlyamule said: »

I thought you knew?
By clearlyamule 2020-03-14 12:18:52
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Siviard said: »

I thought you knew?
no one tells me anything!
 Shiva.Malthar
user: Malthar
By Shiva.Malthar 2020-03-14 13:48:51
Link | Citer | R

I thought you knew?

Aren't you the same person? lmao
By clearlyamule 2020-03-14 13:58:44
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Malthar said: »

I thought you knew?

Aren't you the same person? lmao
No I'm a mule. Seriously though not Siv
By Mrgrim 2020-03-14 16:39:51
Link | Citer | R

Can't you see he is clearly a mule, Malthar? Gosh
By mhomho 2020-03-17 07:16:11
Link | Citer | R

What was the companion's roll glitch vs what is the aftermath of the update that fixed it?

PUP is still good right? Still a tank ya?
 Shiva.Malthar
By Shiva.Malthar 2020-03-17 09:47:32
Link | Citer | R

Mrgrim said: »
Can't you see he is clearly a mule, Malthar? Gosh

Clearly. lol
 Shiva.Malthar
By Shiva.Malthar 2020-03-17 09:49:09
Link | Citer | R

mhomho said: »
What was the companion's roll glitch vs what is the aftermath of the update that fixed it?

It's less than it was. It was hard enough tanking against Mrgrim, but with the DD reduction tanking is increasingly difficult.
 Phoenix.Thorbean
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Thorbean
By Phoenix.Thorbean 2020-03-17 10:04:11
Link | Citer | R

I've noticed that since the H2H WS update, the master damage is too high for the auto to really hold hate even solo without 2 hour. The one saving grace is you can cap hate then deactivate > activate > vent to dump your own hate but it's no good if you have more DPS.

It would be nice if vent pulled some hate from the rest of the party too.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-03-17 11:20:23
Link | Citer | R

PUP/DRG for High Jump, yo!

(lol)
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2020-03-17 12:21:25
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Thorbean said: »
I've noticed that since the H2H WS update, the master damage is too high for the auto to really hold hate even solo without 2 hour. The one saving grace is you can cap hate then deactivate > activate > vent to dump your own hate but it's no good if you have more DPS.

It would be nice if vent pulled some hate from the rest of the party too.

are you talking about both pet and master setup as dd's and your master is taking hate instead of pup?

or are you pulling hate off your pet when its setup as a tank an you are melee'ing?

Either way, if you are trying to be both DD and tank, you just need to adjust your build to prioritize the tanking.

If your pet is setup as pure dd, but you want it to Tank AND dd, then swap in a strobe or 2.

if you are setup as a tank, but still losing hate, you probably need to adjust your hybrid gearset, so you keep more dt in your build, to help prevent damage and enmity loss.
By clearlyamule 2020-03-17 12:23:23
Link | Citer | R

Any level under 99 made companions roll do really weird things.

Technically speaking 98 had the best regain numbers but ***was all over the place where. Forget the exact values but I believe at best it went to around 290 but some random rolls including lower ones were less than 10 and 1 wasn't that good

97 had slightly lower max rolls iirc the best was 255 but all rolls under 7 were at least 200 and snake eyes ~250.

96/95 didn't get too into because it became clear the maxes were just getting lower and lower like only 100-150 iirc

Also because it was a calculation glitch crooked roll would actually "fix" it most the time lol.

Now they are more less just what it's supposed to be. So ya know much worse than a 99 cor which with perfect gear and roll and crooked cards is 120. So yeah it's huge difference
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2020-03-17 12:49:16
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
PUP/DRG for High Jump, yo!

(lol)

You know, that reminds me that I probably should be going /DRG these days if I care to punch things with Kenkonken. I would assume there's more value in the additional 7% Stringing Pummel damage than /WAR DA+10, especially with Mythic AM3 devaluing DA.

I already now use /DRG as my go-to DD sub on THF, SAM, NIN, MNK, RNG if doing physical WS (need DW for that 2nd Malevolence for magical WS). Better add melee PUP to that list, only reason I haven't thought much about it is that I've generally only used PUP for pet-centric stuff (tanking, pet DD) in the last few months since the most recent DRG changes.

Obviously that subjob decision is more for the WS bonus than the high jump... but high jump IS a thing too, so hey, use it if you're struggling to keep hate! And you'll probably have to if you /DRG, with those stronger WS generating more enmity!
By SimonSes 2020-03-17 13:30:07
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
Obviously that subjob decision is more for the WS bonus than the high jump... but high jump IS a thing too, so hey, use it if you're struggling to keep hate! And you'll probably have to if you /DRG, with those stronger WS generating more enmity!

Ventriloquy says hello
By mhomho 2020-03-17 14:16:47
Link | Citer | R

So were people bringing a lvl 97 cor with them to do content solely for the rolls because it was better than a bis 99 cor?
By clearlyamule 2020-03-17 15:34:54
Link | Citer | R

So were people bringing a lvl 97 cor with them to do content solely for the rolls because it was better than a bis 99 cor?
For the regain portion of companion roll yes. For the regen part and every other single roll no much worse
First Page 2 3 ... 38 39 40 ... 97 98 99