FFXI Maxing CPU With 5 Instances Running.

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » FFXI maxing CPU with 5 instances running.
FFXI maxing CPU with 5 instances running.
 Shiva.Zerowone
Serveur: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Zerowone
By Shiva.Zerowone 2019-10-23 01:34:29
Link | Citer | R

eeternal said: »
Much love guys for the support to the thread and the community <3

Agree CPU was with me for a while and it's time to upgrade..

Again, thank you

You’re gonna need a new motherboard to go with your new CPU, which also more than likely means upgrading to DDR4. Lucky for you, you missed out on the price gouging of the last 2yrs and can get decent sticks at reasonable prices.
[+]
By Staleyx 2019-10-23 01:40:36
Link | Citer | R

Just throwing this out there, found something that helped me with ffxi performance. Using rivatuner to cap fps to 70 and let windower run unlimited fps has given be constant smooth 70 fps. Even with this powerful rig I would slow down multi boxing. For some reason using this combination has made gameplay like butta.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Seizan
Serveur: Asura
user: Seiza
By Asura.Seizan 2019-10-23 04:56:24
Link | Citer | R

Again, thank you

Get an AMD 2700X or better and you will be fine :D
 Cerberus.Drayco
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Drayco
By Cerberus.Drayco 2019-10-23 06:37:14
Link | Citer | R

Has anybody tried setting the CPU affinity to the different instances to different cores?

I previously had a 8700k and I quad-boxed on a private server for a while. All instances at 1920x1080. I never had an issue.
 Asura.Meliorah
user: DatGoose
By Asura.Meliorah 2019-10-23 06:59:28
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Seizan said: »

Again, thank you

From my experience anything AMD with XI just results in frequent crashes for whatever reason. I haven't had a good run on an AMD build that hasn't resulted in multiple crashes over the course of a week yet my intel build could go from patch to patch without so much as a hiccup, maybe that's changed with AMDs more recent products. Spec for spec the only difference between the two were the cpu.
 Bahamut.Newzarb
Serveur: Bahamut
user: newzarb
By Bahamut.Newzarb 2019-10-23 07:05:25
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Meliorah said: »
From my experience anything AMD with XI just results in frequent crashes for whatever reason. I haven't had a good run on an AMD build that hasn't resulted in multiple crashes over the course of a week yet my intel build could go from patch to patch without so much as a hiccup, maybe that's changed with AMDs more recent products. Spec for spec the only difference between the two were the cpu.

Exactly the opposite for me. I recently switched from an i7 to a Ryzen 7 and guess what : no more crashes !
[+]
 Leviathan.Isiolia
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2019-10-23 07:48:00
Link | Citer | R

I recently upgraded from a 3770k to a 3700X, no issues.

That said, I have had AMD systems that were more troublesome. The first time I tried building AMD, the board/CPU went back and I just bought a Pentium 4. With that, and the Opteron system I had later, the issues were far more about the chipset than the CPU. Something that hasn't been as much of a problem since AMD started making their own.
By Staleyx 2019-10-23 07:59:06
Link | Citer | R

Ryzen here also. Runs like a dream, can leave games open for days.
[+]
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
user: kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2019-10-23 08:27:36
Link | Citer | R

Staleyx said: »
Ryzen here also. Runs like a dream, can leave games open for days.

I shut mine down for updates, otherwise mine is always running =)
 Asura.Seizan
By Asura.Seizan 2019-10-23 09:05:32
Link | Citer | R

Again, thank you

Must be something u do, maybe? I have been playing (6box), on Ryzen 7 1800X, Threadripper 1950X, Ryzen 7 2700X and latest on a 3700X. All of those have been working fine with multibox and other work at same time.
 Asura.Meliorah
user: DatGoose
By Asura.Meliorah 2019-10-23 09:31:00
Link | Citer | R

Again, thank you

Must be something u do, maybe? I have been playing (6box), on Ryzen 7 1800X, Threadripper 1950X, Ryzen 7 2700X and latest on a 3700X. All of those have been working fine with multibox and other work at same time.

Reading comprehension is hard, thread ripper is a 2 year old architecture for AMD in comparison to their previous line up of AMD FX chips.

Lemme bold the hard part for you

Quote:

I wish I could go through my day cherry picking what I want to read and not look like a buffoon when trying to talk about it.
 Asura.Seizan
By Asura.Seizan 2019-10-23 09:41:32
Link | Citer | R

Lol kay, if u are talking about the era before Ryzen, then it is a different story.
But that been said, that shouldnt be relevant, imo. Why would anyone even concider buying a cpu that old? ;)
 Shiva.Zerowone
Serveur: Shiva
user: Zerowone
By Shiva.Zerowone 2019-10-23 09:43:00
Link | Citer | R

Exactly AMD’s reputation is not what it used to be. The Ryzen series is pretty remarkable especially for tasks outside of gaming. Not to mention the value for the dollar. AMD GPUs on the other hand is a different story; while decent Nvidia is still on a lofty perch.

That being said I have an i7 8700 but it was free and I’m pretty happy with it.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-10-23 10:00:08
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Shozokui said: »
You described an extremely common "degradation" of CPUs directly in your "well ackckckcktuallllyyyyyy" answer. +1

If you want to be technical, the CPU's capabilities haven't changed. You wouldn't say a fan has degraded because it kept the room comfortable in spring, but failed in an Arizona summer. The CPU still works every bit the same, it's environment has just become warmer and it's specced to use less power in a warmer environment. So, no, the CPU hasn't degraded. The cooling around it has changed.

The truth is that a 10 year old CPU will work every bit as well as it did on day 1, provided it can stay cool. A bit of dusting and a reapplication of thermal paste will have the CPU working as good as new, that just may not be good enough for this guy's desired usage.

It's an important distinction, because an average user will hear 'your cpu has degraded' as 'buy a new cpu, shits old and busted'. They will hear 'may have dust or need new thermal paste' as 'dust your ***out and find someone who can redo the thermal paste'.

(If you're actually interested in the topic, any real/permanent degradation will manifest as BSOD or instability, not speed loss, and can be remedied by lowering clock speeds or increasing voltage. A stationary machine that isn't overclocked is likely to go well over 50 years before this happens, though other parts would have died long beforehand. If your PC is running reliably at stock clocks, no matter how slow it feels, your CPU has not lost any speed. The loss is from software like intel turbo boost that applies minor heat-based overclocks in real time.. more heat means it will do less overclocking.)
By Jetackuu 2019-10-24 00:15:40
Link | Citer | R

windower run unlimited fps
You shouldn't do this.
By Staleyx 2019-10-25 00:28:26
Link | Citer | R

Read what I said one more time Jetackuu.
 Asura.Beatsbytaru
By Asura.Beatsbytaru 2019-10-25 00:39:46
Link | Citer | R

I read it all and it sounds like a terrible idea
By Jetackuu 2019-10-25 00:50:56
Link | Citer | R

Read what I said one more time Jetackuu.

I read what you said, you still shouldn't do that. You should just have the frd set to 1.
By Staleyx 2019-10-25 04:22:10
Link | Citer | R

Naw its way smoother at 70, at least for me and a few others. What are you worried about?
By Jetackuu 2019-10-25 12:38:04
Link | Citer | R

You should never run with it uncapped. I'm not sure if that utility fixes the issues it causes but it's not recommended.

That being said: I laugh at the absurdity.
 Fenrir.Jinxs
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2019-10-25 13:14:35
Link | Citer | R

Anyone have any tips for getting the game to feel a little smoother. I have dg vodoo, i7, 1080ti blah blah. So I should be able to hit 60 fps but Jeuno just sucks and don't get me started on aAoulin even with shadows off.
By Staleyx 2019-10-25 15:41:00
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
You should never run with it uncapped. I'm not sure if that utility fixes the issues it causes but it's not recommended.

That being said: I laugh at the absurdity.

Yes you set windower to uncap then have rivatuner cap you at 70, from mine and others experience it makes a smoother gameplay instead of stuck at 60 fps. Not for everyone but was something for OP to try.
By Jetackuu 2019-10-25 15:54:10
Link | Citer | R

Yes, I can read, thank you. Statements stand.
By Staleyx 2019-10-25 16:39:46
Link | Citer | R

Fail troll.
By Staleyx 2019-10-25 16:48:17
Link | Citer | R

Here is the YouTube video where I stole this idea from.

https://youtu.be/OOBCzb-dLcM
By Jetackuu 2019-10-25 16:48:59
Link | Citer | R

I don't troll, are you illiterate?
By Staleyx 2019-10-25 16:55:03
Link | Citer | R

Why are you so angry son?
By Shichishito 2019-10-25 18:02:00
Link | Citer | R

carefull, the report button is probably already glowing.
By Staleyx 2019-10-25 18:05:47
Link | Citer | R

At least explain why it's a bad idea instead of just trolling post's all the time.