First Page 2 3 4 5
 Asura.Geriond
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-03-12 14:32:50
Link | Citer | R

Churanira said: »
As soon as I get home from school, I am going to take sch in and test magic bursting, straight nukes didn't work too well. Gonna Keep side moogles alive to see if they truly have auras. Then going to go in as Sam and try a 6 step if drk 3 step with decent gear is doing amazing damage like that
The 3 stepping DRK was doing V2, not V1.
 Odin.Volane
Serveur: Odin
user: Volane
By Odin.Volane 2018-03-12 14:53:40
Link | Citer | R

Aye, that was V2.

Regarding V1, just incase anybody hasnt read it:

I can confirm the "run to starting moogles once he 1hrs" strategy to get the regen to counter kaustra.

Was able to do V1-E that way, even though trusts died after 40%, since they were not able to keep up with all the moving around.

In the end he used Crystalline Flare, which did blind and some damage. But maybe that was because I was too slow.

He used all of his 1hrs only once btw. MS > CS > PD, but I assume the order switches around.
By Churanira 2018-03-12 15:21:03
Link | Citer | R

Ah, thank you, wasn't quite reading, stupid "no phones" rule.
found that torcleaver to torcleaver, does a really good job with damage, pushing 17k-30k to 50k light on VE with no Caladblog. About to test SCH SC method.
And yes, you very much have to keep the moogles alive on the side unless you have a WHM that can spam curaga 3 in a -DT set with everyone in radius without losing any MP at all.
By Churanira 2018-03-12 15:28:41
Link | Citer | R

Alright, Magic is not the way to go on this, very high resists, i don't know how magic weaponskills will work this month.
By Slycooper 2018-03-12 16:34:30
Link | Citer | R

Pro Tips:

Cleared on N last night.

Very high magic resist to damage.

Being placed in the right spots is key.

Any DD in melee range will die after the main Aura once he uses his AoE.

Other summoned Moogle die on their own over time.

Higher damage when his summoned Moogles are out.

Edit: 20 is the range to not be hit by his AoE. From moogle to moogle it is around 20-22 yalms. The rest is easy to figure out.
By Taint 2018-03-12 16:37:13
Link | Citer | R

Sounds like a FFXIV fight. Not that that is a bad thing, it’s actually pretty cool to see in FFXI.
By Felgarr 2018-03-12 16:53:26
Link | Citer | R

Slycooper said: »
Pro Tips:

Cleared on N last night.

Very high magic resist to damage.

Being placed in the right spots is key.

Any DD in melee range will die after the main Aura once he uses his AoE.

Other summoned Moogle die on their own over time.

Higher damage when his summoned Moogles are out.

Edit: 20 is the range to not be hit by his AoE. From moogle to moogle it is around 20-22 yalms. The rest is easy to figure out.

Why did you write this post like a puzzle? What setup did you use? Any particular kind of Tank or Support recommended or excluded?
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2018-03-12 17:02:46
Link | Citer | R

i wasn't seeing any AoEs like that on VD, though some of us (but not all) were still dying to the aura despite being <5 yalms from one of the adds.
By Slycooper 2018-03-12 17:16:32
Link | Citer | R

Was trying to make you think a bit on how to do this.

Ranged is they key!!!!

Setup:

PLD COR BRD WHM RNG RNG

BRD can be swapped out for another COR or RNG

DO NOT KILL THE MOOGLES THAT ARE UP WHEN YOU SPAWN!!!!!

PLD pull main mob to moogle on the left all others on the right.

Stand on top of the moogles!!!

It will spawn 2 other moogles that give a Dia and other elemental damage (choke, frost, etc.) The moogles that spawn will die after 1min or so. Do not waste time killing his adds. WHM will need to focus cure PLD while adds are up. RNG should not take damage if standing 20 yalms away.

When main mob does its Aura it will give you amnisia, disease, and another HP tick down. This will drop you to around 49% of your HP total. Keep standing next to the moogles they give a Regen and Refresh aura to keep you alive. (Brought me down to 924HP on my RNG)

Edit: If you have weakened status when it does the main aura you will die.

The main mob will use: Mighty Strikes, Benediction, Manafont, Chainspell. When using Chainspell it will spam cure itself for 30k+ a pop.

I cannot remember other details but this should help you beat him on N.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Papesse
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2018-03-12 21:19:21
Link | Citer | R

Cleared D and VD but it was very messy, we have not figured a good setup/strat yet.
The 2 moogles move everywhere and stop for one or two min. The Voyager uses a different SP at 85, 65, 45, 25 and 10%. We assigned someone to watch after the moogles's movements and to warn us when a moogle has finished moving, then we make the boss SP and run toward that moogle to get Regen/Refresh before Kaustra kill us. The problem is sometimes the moogle will choose to move before the end of SP...

Amnesia aura come from the moogles, not the boss itself.
Burn+Dia aura from the Bozzetto Steward has a small range (5~6'), no need to drag the Voyager very far away after every Invite Over move.
Boss builds a resistance to Silence, should save it for Chainspell and Manafont at least.
Our RUN could get full duration on Armor Break (9 min at 3k TP) with Wind Threnody II. I haven't noticed anything wrong with debuffing the boss.
Moogles are immune to Bind, Gravity and Sleep unfortunately.
There is a delay between an SP and Kaustra aura, long enough for us to manage to zerg the remaining 10% (if it's not Pefect Dodge) instead of chasing a moogle.
Mewing Lullaby doesn't work.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2018-03-12 21:22:03
Link | Citer | R

...9 minute Armor Break?
 Carbuncle.Papesse
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2018-03-12 21:32:52
Link | Citer | R

Armor Break
1000TP = 3min00
2000TP = 6min00
3000TP = 9min00

Full Break
1000 = 3min00
2000 = 6min00
3000 = 12min00

BGwiki is not up to date.
You will get half duration resists or worse if the target has less than 60% Wind, you can counter that with Rayke.
[+]
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2018-03-12 22:12:22
Link | Citer | R

Can add Benediction to it's list of SPs, did it several times in one run, on VD
[+]
By Freazer 2018-03-12 23:44:29
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Varunius
user: nates1984
By Asura.Varunius 2018-03-13 00:48:14
Link | Citer | R

Didn't try in any pugs I was in, but what happens if you kill only one of the 2 smaller moogles? Maybe it makes them stop moving around in D / VD or something.
 Sylph.Citrelautame
Serveur: Sylph
By Sylph.Citrelautame 2018-03-13 01:34:41
Link | Citer | R

You don't want to kill them, you need to stand by the regen moogle if you want to survive the kaustra DoT, or run 2-3 whms spamming aga3's.

The b4 mentioned strat works very well.

pull boss to spawn location
"Invite over" run to next corner (run in a circle doing this each time)
1hr move, run to moogle that has regen and stand on top of him quickly. KEY POINT: Once the 1hr is over (kaustra wears off) get away from that moogle to make sure he doesn't invite over on top of him

I know cure 6 sucks when the boss uses it but save your silence for chainspell, 10 cure 6's is worse than one every so often

if you miss the animation/log you will die almost for sure.

Magic is very poor damage, Once everyone learns the circle to run and gets to moogle quickly it gets very easy.
[+]
 Leviathan.Katriina
Serveur: Leviathan
user: kate99
By Leviathan.Katriina 2018-03-13 02:15:19
Link | Citer | R

Ranged Setup seems to work well on this with a DD RUN
RNG COR BRD RUN WHM RDM

RUN holds it and Rangers try to position themselves in proximity to Regen Moogle Then create the best multi step sc with each other.
RDM does Gravity every time it does 1HR and silence it if Chain Spell [on VD multi strikes and HF are serious business]
DNC’s Rudra/Steps [if you replace RUN] are great on it too during 1HR Animation

Very straight forward fight and most of the work will be done by the one holding the [Voyager] by spacing out adds
Lowering its wind resistance is a great way to speed up the fight!
[+]
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2018-03-13 12:07:16
Link | Citer | R

It's a pretty annoying ambuscade, messy as hell... we ended up getting it down and won VD about 7 times last night, lots of deaths and fails. Most of the deaths happen when the moogle adds take off during boss aura. A lot of times we'd be next to the moogle add and still tick down to death. Our BRD and WHM hated life in this fight.

We went PLD BLU BLU COR BRD WHM, and then changed to RUN WAR COR SAM WHM BRD (to get some of our alts in)

Piko and Misc are convinced RA is probably the way to go and the rest of us in LS that have tried this pretty much think the same.

Leviathan.Katriina said: »
RNG COR BRD RUN WHM RDM

We're going to try PUP x4 RA and BRD today I think. The Boss aura is 50yalms,so we are going to try and shoot from 20+ and just ditch following adds when HP-interval Boss auras happen. Try and run to 50yalms out. In either case, we'll ignore the stupid stewards by staying away.
By tyalangan 2018-03-13 14:45:00
Link | Citer | R

After reading the thread and watching some videos this is what I'm understanding about placement if I was to do this on Easy-Normal. Please correct my fallacies:

@ - Fight here if NO 2hr and no add is currently in this location, if add is currently in this location fight at another @

m1 - Fight here if Boss 2hr active and add is at m2

m2 - Fight here if Boss 2hr active and add is at m1
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2018-03-13 16:03:32
Link | Citer | R

M1 and M2 nearly constantly move around on seemingly random paths on higher difficulties. If you're not keeping an eye on them at all times, they can even hide behind pillars and such.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-03-13 16:42:59
Link | Citer | R

tyalangan said: »
After reading the thread and watching some videos this is what I'm understanding about placement if I was to do this on Easy-Normal. Please correct my fallacies:

@ - Fight here if NO 2hr and no add is currently in this location, if add is currently in this location fight at another @

For people doing E-N this strat is effective. Boring as ***, but incredibly easy.

This is what happens when you conduit everything. You get shittier and shittier mechanics to negate it. thanksobama

(you could probably still conduit it down if you had enough regen buffs and it doesn't PD)
[+]
 Leviathan.Nitenichi
Serveur: Leviathan
user: camaroz
By Leviathan.Nitenichi 2018-03-13 16:59:02
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
tyalangan said: »

For people doing E-N this strat is effective. Boring as ***, but incredibly easy.

This is what happens when you conduit everything. You get shittier and shittier mechanics to negate it. thanksobama

(you could probably still conduit it down if you had enough regen buffs and it doesn't PD)

**Thanks Oramuh™
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2018-03-13 17:22:11
Link | Citer | R

Is there any reason not to kill one of the starting moogle adds at the beginning? They cure the boss, and as far as I can tell, you only need one to use as shelter.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-03-13 17:34:23
Link | Citer | R

I have not said this once yet, no matter how bad these ambuscades are;

This is *** stupid. I might actually skip this month it's just not worth it. 20 Minute Normal while we stand in the middle with our *** in our hand amnesia'd and 1k a tic aura followed by benediction.
 Bahamut.Warthog
By Bahamut.Warthog 2018-03-13 17:47:59
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Lexouritis said: »
Piko and Misc are convinced RA is probably the way to go and the rest of us in LS that have tried this pretty much think the same.

Ranged definitely seems like the way to go. Beat N just messing around with 3 people (2 were dualboxing) using:

PLD RNG RNG COR WHM trust (6th could be RDM, GEO, BRD or another RNG)

The tank positioned the boss near the left Moogle (backed against the pillar), and everyone else near right Moogle 20' away (at the other pillar).

We had no dedicated way of silencing outside of the WHM, but I don't recall chainspell being a huge deal on N.

Overall it went down fairly easily, with the RNGs grabbing hate only a couple of times.

If someone died, the aura had a chance of killing them while weakened. It only happened to me when I resumed pew pewing (swapping HP+ gear I think lol).

Will be trying again on D, and then VD with 6 actual players. And based upon feedback from Lex and others, it's a whole different ball game when the Moogles move around!

Initially started with PUP RNG RNG COR GEO trust, and did fairly well until the automaton got silenced/dot to death. Encountered same issues with enmity, but when the puppet died is when the ***hit the fan.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2018-03-13 17:48:03
Link | Citer | R

I think it would be.... okay if Benediction wasn't one of the randomly picked SPs.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2018-03-13 17:56:18
Link | Citer | R

Is there anything specific that triggers him to use Invite Over? I just had a run where he was literally using it every 15 seconds, meaning we were repositioning him more often than we were fighting.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2018-03-13 18:23:27
Link | Citer | R

Yup tested with PUP tank, the aura is indeed 50 yalms, however kaustra will kill a decked out puppet (automaton) (we avoided aura by standing on opposite corners from the moogle)