Asura.Suteru
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2020-10-01 12:03:32
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Arislan said: »
Asura.Suteru said: »
By "mid-grade" I'm talking about the sets listed in the OP.

Can't remember if I actually said this in the guide, but my thinking is:

Mid-tier sets are aimed at your run-of-the-mill, average endgame player. Probably COR isn't their only job, and they are geared enough to enter group play. The stuff shown is relatively affordable off AH or are relatively easy drops to obtain.

Lilith drop rate sucks, but it's easily spammable, so I felt like it was appropriate to put it in mid-tier.

Dream tier is reserved for ppl obsessed w/ min-maxing and white boxes. Not everybody plays the job that way. Think enough people are 4/5 or 5/5 Malignance by now that it's not really a dream anymore XD

I've been spamming for ages and am only 1/5 so far :\ I have pretty much every other "dream tier" set

Would think only people obsessed with min/maxing would put in the time to spam to get 5/5
By Taint 2020-10-01 12:13:26
Link | Citer | R

Malignance is that good though. Most of my DD jobs are extremely well geared and Malignance jobs have a distinct advantage in just about all situations.
[+]
By fillerbunny9 2020-10-01 12:23:22
Link | Citer | R

By "mid-grade" I'm talking about the sets listed in the OP.

Can't remember if I actually said this in the guide, but my thinking is:

Mid-tier sets are aimed at your run-of-the-mill, average endgame player. Probably COR isn't their only job, and they are geared enough to enter group play. The stuff shown is relatively affordable off AH or are relatively easy drops to obtain.

Lilith drop rate sucks, but it's easily spammable, so I felt like it was appropriate to put it in mid-tier.

Dream tier is reserved for ppl obsessed w/ min-maxing and white boxes. Not everybody plays the job that way. Think enough people are 4/5 or 5/5 Malignance by now that it's not really a dream anymore XD

I've been spamming for ages and am only 1/5 so far :\ I have pretty much every other "dream tier" set

Would think only people obsessed with min/maxing would put in the time to spam to get 5/5

I'd argue that the benefits offered by Malignance to the wealth of jobs it is on would make it more than desirable for just Min/Maxing. it's a vital -DT set for a host of jobs hoping to do endgame content, as well as being arguably BiS/flat out BiS for a variety of functions as well. don't get me wrong, Lillith's drop table is definitely a massive pain in the butt, but the gear is just that good.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-10-01 12:28:32
Link | Citer | R

Just going to parrot what previous people have said because its so paramount to the argument- I'd say getting 5/5 malignance should be a higher priority than relic+3. Dead DD's don't DPS, and malignance's combination of amazing STP,accuracy,ranged accuracy, magic evasion, and -DT is just unbeatable in the game.

Not to mention unlike those expensive JSE pieces or RMEA weapons, you can use it on so many jobs. Of the jobs I play, half use malignance pretty much constantly (RDM, THF, RNG, COR- only my DRK, RUN, and BLM don't use, and only because they can't hehe). The overall value of the set is that functionality.
 Asura.Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2020-10-01 12:43:13
Link | Citer | R

But would it be more important/easier than getting +2 Relic/Unity gear, which is what most other "Mid-tier" sets are?
 Shiva.Thorny
Serveur: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-10-01 12:47:13
Link | Citer | R

malignance is the best gear in the game and highly soloable, it should be a primary goal for any job that can wear it atm
 Asura.Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2020-10-01 12:53:38
Link | Citer | R

I am aware, but like I've been trying to say, it's very time consuming. I am just looking for an alternative mid-tier gearset to recommend while people wait for stuff to drop
By fillerbunny9 2020-10-01 12:57:38
Link | Citer | R

Malignance is equally as important, if not moreso, because you "need" it to help you survive in Dynamis to get your Relic +2/3. at the very least, if you are hoping to get Wave 3 clears, I'd say it's mandatory at that point. for me, Dream Tier is stuff that is nigh impossible to get solo or is massively impacted by RNG coupled with a massive price tag - Omen bodies, UNM135 gear, Relic +2/3, Volte items, Dark Matter Augmented Escha gear, etc. Lillith is simply a brick wall you hurl yourself at until you're done, and doesn't require a party/alliance to get.
[+]
 Asura.Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2020-10-01 13:10:30
Link | Citer | R

I guess I'll keep throwing myself at that wall then.

Also I got Wave 3 clears before Lilith was implemented, so I wouldn't say it's mandatory.
[+]
 Shiva.Arislan
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2020-10-01 13:14:01
Link | Citer | R

I am aware, but like I've been trying to say, it's very time consuming. I am just looking for an alternative mid-tier gearset to recommend while people wait for stuff to drop

Fall back to the pre-Malignance set:

ItemSet 375788

Or just go 5/5 Meghanada.
[+]
 Asura.Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2020-10-01 14:23:17
Link | Citer | R

Thank you, that was the set I was looking for
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2020-10-01 15:04:30
Link | Citer | R

My advice is to those who been spamming lilith and still don't have 5/5 malig

Is to spam harder...
By Whynez 2020-10-15 17:45:36
Link | Citer | R

Bit of an oddball question, but for the fast cast set wouldn't adhemar jacket+1 path D beat out Taeon jacket? Looks to be 10% FC vs 9% on Taeon.
[+]
 Asura.Botosi
user: Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2020-10-15 17:51:16
Link | Citer | R

Whynez said: »
Bit of an oddball question, but for the fast cast set wouldn't adhemar jacket+1 path D beat out Taeon jacket? Looks to be 10% FC vs 9% on Taeon.

Yes, it also has HP+ and -Magic dmg taken.
By Autocast 2020-10-15 23:44:42
Link | Citer | R

Anyone have that leaden damage calculator link? Would appreciate it.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2020-10-16 07:12:10
Link | Citer | R

Autocast said: »
Anyone have that leaden damage calculator link? Would appreciate it.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1g4bPomXoDunZ9gYlGX0a8jt0NltndyVq/view?usp=sharing

I'll ask Arisian to add it to the bottom of the guide like the main spreadsheet.
[+]
 Shiva.Arislan
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2020-10-16 09:58:14
Link | Citer | R

Done!
[+]
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2020-10-16 10:14:45
Link | Citer | R

Done!
Thanks!

Also finally bit the bullet and finished my Armageddon trials that have been mostly done for the last 2 years this morning.

Got the trifecta now. R10 atm but will fix that soon.
[+]
 Hades.Dade
Serveur: Hades
user: Dade
By Hades.Dade 2020-10-17 15:19:50
Link | Citer | R

Getting caught up on UNM r15 items, anything for corsair I may have missed besides savage blade belt, Odnowa earring, and maybe warders charm for solo skill chains?
By Aerison 2020-10-17 15:32:17
Link | Citer | R

Hades.Dade said: »
Getting caught up on UNM r15 items, anything for corsair I may have missed besides savage blade belt, Odnowa earring, and maybe warders charm for solo skill chains?

demersal degan, kustawi, gazu bracelets
[+]
 Hades.Dade
By Hades.Dade 2020-10-17 15:51:36
Link | Citer | R

Aerison said: »
demersal degan

is there a situation swap where you would take off blurred+1 and use degan? Feel like if you need acc would end up needing DT to swap to rostam OH. Guess some maybe low buff older content? Good lookin on other 2.
By Aerison 2020-10-17 16:40:47
Link | Citer | R

demersal degan

is there a situation swap where you would take off blurred+1 and use degan? Feel like if you need acc would end up needing DT to swap to rostam OH. Guess some maybe low buff older content? Good lookin on other 2.

Not sure I understand why if you need acc you'll need DT? If I'm meleeing I have path B rostam equipped. I feel degen allows more options for multihit gear pieces, along with a nice chunk of macc.
 Hades.Dade
By Hades.Dade 2020-10-17 16:51:53
Link | Citer | R

demersal degan

Not sure I understand why if you need acc you'll need DT? If I'm meleeing I have path B rostam equipped. I feel degen allows more options for multihit gear pieces, along with a nice chunk of macc.

if you are using rostam MH off hand should be tauret for leaden/wildfire, i guess if doing melee last stand I can see something but thats pretty far down the rabbit hole.

I assumed if going to use degan offhand MH would be naegl for savage. Unless its a very high value swap over blurred usually when I need to do acc swaps(wave2 boss melee type ***) I also need to put on some DT. Also kind of sucks to do an acc swap that changes weapon and resets TP(High Evasion Formor jobs)
By Aerison 2020-10-17 17:32:08
Link | Citer | R

demersal degan

if you are using rostam MH off hand should be tauret for leaden/wildfire

This is highly dependent on content and buffs levels.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-10-17 22:32:14
Link | Citer | R

I see strong offhand arguments for at least 4 weapons for a COR- kustawi+1, blurred+1, demersal degen+1(R15), or tauret. All 4 have situational times where they shine.
[+]
 Hades.Dade
By Hades.Dade 2020-10-17 23:34:34
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
I see strong offhand arguments for at least 4 weapons for a COR- kustawi+1, blurred+1, demersal degen+1(R15), or tauret. All 4 have situational times where they shine.

what fight you using DD R15 on?
By Afania 2020-10-18 00:33:56
Link | Citer | R

Most of the gears are acc/racc swaps actually.

Alhazen hat(racc)
Kustawi(racc)
Gazu bracelet(acc)
Zoar subligar (white dmg/amnesia)
Cacoathic ring(acc/racc)
Bathy choker(counter build is interesting if you /DNC, cap pdt in every other slot and use counter ambu back too)
Domin. Earring +1(acc)
Gelatinous ring(HP boost)
kentarch belt(acc)
[+]
 Bahamut.Suph
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Suph
By Bahamut.Suph 2020-10-18 08:44:56
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Chiaia said: »

You’re... not... a Tarutaru?!
[+]
By SimonSes 2020-10-18 10:18:53
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Suph said: »
Asura.Chiaia said: »

You’re... not... a Tarutaru?!

Dressup probably
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-10-18 10:29:33
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »

what fight you using DD R15 on?

Funny, I used to think that way, too.

Its not a question of needing different weaponry for certain fights- its needing them for different buff arrays/scenarios.

Demersal Degen+1 would likely be the 4th offhand option of the ones I mentioned to worry about. For me, it is a an acc swap for offhand when I can't use Blurred+1. Situations where I'm in a DD party, but the COR is going double march,double minuet and I could really have used a madrigal, but the benefit to the overall party is more if the "real" DDS with higher native accuracy get that 2nd minuet over a madrigal.

Its just having that option when you start seeing your acc drop below whatever your personal "I'm not tolerating this" number is.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 78 79 80 ... 121 122 123