First Page 2 3 ... 63 64 65 ... 121 122 123
 Bahamut.Minimuse
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: grumpette
By Bahamut.Minimuse 2020-01-29 06:29:55
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Aesyr said: »
Quick question - have a lot of CC Lantern's left from Abyssea era starting an Arma. I have recently come back to the game so don't really have the funds for full empyrean wep anytime soon. Is it worth trying to finish Arma, or should I concentrate on working towards a DP?

Could also level Ranger if that makes Arma worth more.

Appreciate the help, thanks!

In Dynamis D, DP is your most important weapon as it helps you to one shot statues and owns damage on the Wave 1&3 bosses.

You can do great damage on Wave3 with with a solid Savage Blade build which includes a Naegling Sword from Ambu and an Anarchy2/Ataktos 1k tp gun.

While I love my Arma gun for all purpose shooting and self-chaining darkness outside of Wave3, what makes Arma even more devastating, is the Living Bullets from the DP.

I seldom use the Devastating Bullets from Arma....like never unless I run out of Living(DP) or Chrono(Foma) bullets.

Thus for the bullets from the DP alone, if your resources are limited to do both, I'd pick DP first.
[+]
 Shiva.Arislan
Serveur: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2020-01-29 09:30:31
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Aesyr said: »
Quick question - have a lot of CC Lantern's left from Abyssea era starting an Arma.

If you have even a passing interest in DRK or SAM, I'd tell you to save those lanterns for Calad or Masa.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2020-01-29 09:45:20
Link | Citer | R

Should probably keep 1 devastating bullet around just for Light/Dark shot. :D

There is no doubt that DP is the king of damage, but it definitely is not necessary for one shotting stats.

There have been some interesting new situations where arma seems useful. But with DP and Fomal around I think it will always be in that niche situation.
 Lakshmi.Aesyr
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Fallyn
By Lakshmi.Aesyr 2020-01-30 09:20:30
Link | Citer | R

Cool, thanks for the insight guys. I think I'll sit on them and look into calad/masa instead as they're BiS.
 Bismarck.Xurion
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2020-01-30 09:47:02
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
There is no doubt that DP is the king of damage, but it definitely is not necessary for one shotting stats.
This. It's more important to upgrade every other slot for statues.

If you're responsible for killing statues before they stomp, there should be no issue with you rolling a warlock's roll to reduce resists. I do this when we carve a path towards wave 1/2 bosses to quickly get to wave 3.
By Aerison 2020-01-30 10:03:15
Link | Citer | R

Quick question on the DPS calculators, are these still reasonably accurate? Using this to base what augments are needed to pass carmine +1 and it's looking like almost perfect, 34+ MAB and 4+ WSD, augments are needed.
By Sencux 2020-01-30 10:25:31
Link | Citer | R

Trying to find if anyone has done a DPS comparison or done some math. Is there any consensus on which is more consistent between Orpheus's Sash or Skrymir Belt? Assuming within 5yalms it'll be Orpheus's but outside a sweet point would move to Skrymir?
 Hades.Dade
Serveur: Hades
user: Dade
By Hades.Dade 2020-01-30 18:36:32
Link | Citer | R

Aerison said: »
Quick question on the DPS calculators, are these still reasonably accurate? Using this to base what augments are needed to pass carmine +1 and it's looking like almost perfect, 34+ MAB and 4+ WSD, augments are needed.

Spreadsheet is decently accurate, I believe it rounds slightly different then ingame though. Chiaia has one that calculates same way as ingame for magical ws but I cannot find it.

Trying to beat carmine for damage is mostly a waste of money. It can be worthwhile to have a pair with Macc for Dynamis Wave 3 if not stupid buffed.

Sencux said: »
Trying to find if anyone has done a DPS comparison or done some math. Is there any consensus on which is more consistent between Orpheus's Sash or Skrymir Belt? Assuming within 5yalms it'll be Orpheus's but outside a sweet point would move to Skrymir?

Orpheus is Affinity not MAB so it will have higher value. The exact breaking point will depend on MAB value.

With throwing really quick numbers into sheet at 1700 avg tp:
skrymir cord 29,325
4% affinity 29,524

I cant find offhand the breakdown of distance on Orpheus to affinity. If its linear its better until ~11.
 Asura.Toralin
Serveur: Asura
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2020-01-30 18:46:46
Link | Citer | R

It takes DM to beat Carmine+1

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/48530/post-your-dark-matter-augments-here/24#3470894

Did some testing with leaden and trueflight
By Aerison 2020-01-30 19:02:07
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Toralin said: »

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/48530/post-your-dark-matter-augments-here/24#3470894

Oof...

I managed to get a 34 MAB / 10 AGI / 2 WSD today, which the magic WS calculator shows a little better than carmine+1. I don't think I'll be trying for a better augment on body for TF...
 Asura.Suteru
user: Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2020-01-30 19:26:41
Link | Citer | R

Is Skrymir cord even worth it over Eschan Stone/Sveltesse Gouriz +1?
 Siren.Kyte
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2020-01-30 19:54:00
Link | Citer | R

Hades.Dade said: »

Spreadsheet is decently accurate, I believe it rounds slightly different then ingame though. Chiaia has one that calculates same way as ingame for magical ws but I cannot find it.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B28ENNCAVh_sc3VEazl1VzJVSXc
[+]
By SimonSes 2020-01-31 01:27:02
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Toralin said: »

Your DM augment is technically weaker than perfect non DM augment, but perfect non DM augemnt is extremely hard to get. That being said your DM augment is around 35mab, 5%WSD augment that is achievable. His 34mab, 10agi, 2wsd might actually be better than your DM.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2020-01-31 02:17:42
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Kyte said: »
Hades.Dade said: »

Spreadsheet is decently accurate, I believe it rounds slightly different then ingame though. Chiaia has one that calculates same way as in game for magical ws but I cannot find it.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B28ENNCAVh_sc3VEazl1VzJVSXc
Definitely use the one made for magic ranged WSes over the general cor spreadsheet. When I added Mythic Augment Bonus to the COR spreadsheet it was before I went(or anyone else for that matter) and tested if they were additive or multiplicative with the original bonus. It surprised all of us that maintained any spreadsheet that SE actually had made it multiplicative so it's additive currently in the general one and has some other slight rounding errors. One day I'll work on the general cor one again >.>

With the testing I did making the Magic WS sheet. I've never saw a number that was off by more then 3 DMG vs in game.
[+]
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2020-01-31 05:26:06
Link | Citer | R

2 Things the main node needs updates on.
Altana's Repast has no mention of AOE! like Marine Stewpot does. 0 mention of Tropical Crepes. It's double the MACC of Pear Crepes.

Edit:
Maybe change DP text from Our infamous hand cannon. Leaden Salute (30% damage boost)

to Our infamous hand cannon. Leaden Salute (30%-49.5 damage boost)

Mention 10% damage increase for Last Stand/Wildfire on weapons with augments.

Edit 2:
This statement is wrong in one or maybe two ways.
"A note on QD recast: reduction from JP 550 gift and gear is capped at -10. An additional -10 is also available from Merits."

There is an overall cap of -25. I no longer have the ACP Body to test another scenario and forget.

ATM I have -10 Merits, -5 Mask, and -10 550 Gift. IIRC It didn't matter on gear, merits or jps it just had a -25 second limit but I could be mistaken.
 Shiva.Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2020-01-31 08:58:36
Link | Citer | R

Thanks for bringing those points up.

Addressed the first two.

The last one, I'll await confirmation.
[+]
By Afania 2020-01-31 09:09:46
Link | Citer | R

You only need 1 recast reduction gear with full merit if I remember correctly.
 Odin.Creaucent
Serveur: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2020-01-31 09:21:28
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Arislan said: »
Thanks for bringing those points up.

Addressed the first two.

The last one, I'll await confirmation.

-25 sec is the cap at -10 merits, -10 JP and -5 from gear.
 Odin.Llewelyn
Serveur: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2020-02-08 16:19:51
Link | Citer | R

Please stop doubling up on Lucky when you have neither Snake Eye nor an 11 up. Thanks.
[+]
 Hades.Dade
Serveur: Hades
user: Dade
By Hades.Dade 2020-02-09 04:56:49
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Llewelyn said: »
Please stop doubling up on Lucky when you have neither Snake Eye nor an 11 up. Thanks.

You don't pay my sub
[+]
 Cerberus.Darkvlade
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Darkvlade
By Cerberus.Darkvlade 2020-02-10 13:44:20
Link | Citer | R

The life f the COR is always a gamble, go for it
 Shiva.Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2020-02-10 15:25:07
Link | Citer | R

Haorhu8 said: »
A serious cor ill Always XI the first roll and try to XI the second too you dont play cor, you can't understand thanks.

Sorry, but Llewelyn is right.

If you don't have Snake Eyes or an active XI, just stay with the lucky roll. Unless you like wasting everybody's time and burning the rest of your JA's needlessly while struggling against bad odds.
[+]
By Haorhu8 2020-02-10 15:44:16
Link | Citer | R

Haorhu8 said: »
A serious cor ill Always XI the first roll and try to XI the second too you dont play cor, you can't understand thanks.

Sorry, but Llewelyn is right.

If you don't have Snake Eyes or an active XI, just stay with the lucky roll. Unless you like wasting everybody's time and burning the rest of your JA's needlessly while struggling against bad odds.

Oh yes sorry both are right dont have perfect english i miss-read original post and with you i can understand my mistake llewelyn
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2020-02-10 17:08:40
Link | Citer | R

11 or bust
 Ragnarok.Soyven
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Soyven
By Ragnarok.Soyven 2020-02-13 09:35:53
Link | Citer | R

Was just wondering what augments are needed on herc gloves to beat carmine finger gauntlets. Got MAB 22 and WSD 4 on herc
 Shiva.Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2020-02-13 09:51:15
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Soyven said: »
Was just wondering what augments are needed on herc gloves to beat carmine finger gauntlets. Got MAB 22 and WSD 4 on herc

Scroll up.
 Ragnarok.Soyven
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Soyven
By Ragnarok.Soyven 2020-02-13 10:12:37
Link | Citer | R

Scroll up.
Thanks, totally missed it when scrolling last few pages.

So I can ever make heads or tails of the spreadsheets, I'm probably just dumb. But judging by the comments, 34 MAB and 4 WSD are needed, no one seemed to disagree so I'll go with that lol.
 Shiva.Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2020-02-13 10:17:52
Link | Citer | R

Thanks, totally missed it when scrolling last few pages.

So I can ever make heads or tails of the spreadsheets, I'm probably just dumb. But judging by the comments, 34 MAB and 4 WSD are needed, no one seemed to disagree so I'll go with that lol.

Use the Magic WS Calc:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1g4bPomXoDunZ9gYlGX0a8jt0NltndyVq

Input all the stats from the rest of your set and then play around w/ possible augments. The point at which Carmine loses to Herc will depend on the stats on your other gear.
First Page 2 3 ... 63 64 65 ... 121 122 123