Luck of the Draw: A Corsair's Guide *NEW*
First Page 2 3 ... 40 41 42 ... 121 122 123
 Asura.Zanosan
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Kutsurabi
By Asura.Zanosan 2018-12-22 03:29:45
Link | Citer | R

So, you guys don't really know me but I'm one of the 3 people that play with Snaps and there's been some interest in how we do our Dynamis D clears so I recorded and uploaded today's Dynamis run for those interested.

A few qualifiers for the run and the video,

YouTube Video Placeholder

Our setup in this run is:
RNG RNG COR COR BRD GEO
RUN RUN WHM GEO GEO GEO
One party of buyers doing nothing

RNGs are running Malevolence x2 with Gastraphetes(Rank 10? and Rank 15) both with completed +2 necks (one Armageddon Rank 10 for Light Circle)
CORs are running Rostam(A)/Rostam(C) with Death Penalty(Rank 15 and Rank 15) both with completed +2 necks (Armageddon Rank 10 and Rank 1 for Dark Circle)
BRD is full REMA, all GEOs have Idris, WHM has Yagrush, RUNs have Epeo

While we can run with as little as 2 people and 8 characters, we pretty much just run with whoever of the 4 of us can make it that day and split up our characters based on whatever makes the most sense for the run. For example, this typically means that I am not playing my own characters for the run, as you can see in the video. Having the extra RUN is nice for this run specifically because Wave 2 boss's hate reset and the extra 3 GEOs just make the run faster by freeing up the primary GEO from having to use Malaise and for having a constant supply of Bolsters to make the run faster.

Permutations of our set ups based on the number of people present look like this:

Today all 4 of us showed up so for this run we used the set up of:
Player 1 - RNG RNG COR COR BRD GEO
Player 2 - RUN WHM
Player 3 - RUN
Player 4 - GEO GEO GEO

Our base buff set up is:
Honor March/Prelude/Prelude/AGI Etude - Dark Threnody II
Samurai Roll/Wizard's Roll/Warlock's Roll/Tactician's Roll
Malaise/(Focus OR Acumen OR AGI - as needed)
Flurry
Aurora/Firestorm (Primary GEO is /SCH)
Marine Stewpot

With 4 GEOs we end up doing:
1 - Acumen/AGI
2 - Malaise
3 - Languor
4 - Wilt

Languor and Wilt aren't really necessary, but it's kind of a "why not" thing that allows full-time Acumen/AGI and an easier time for the WHM and RUN(s). Can add a second Etude in there somewhere but having the extra haste there for the GEO and BRD is helpful.

Wave 1 and 2 are pretty self explanatory and uninteresting, but on Wave 3 I wanted to point out that as we're clearing Volte mobs we choose to set up a camp for 3 of the circles(depending on pathing) because all of our GEOs have 10 minute BOG/EA bubbles and moving only as few pieces as needed is kind of the rule of thumb for multiboxing.

Take with a grain of salt: Offhand, the parse generally ends up being somewhere like 30%/24%/18%/18% COR/COR/RNG/RNG with the first COR having a lead because they always shoot first. When we split up the DPS between two people it usually looks like 25/25/20/20.

With that said I kind of want to address why we choose COR/COR/RNG/RNG instead of perhaps 4 COR. Firstly, there's a little talked about mechanic on all Dynamis D wave bosses where repeating the same weaponskill will greatly lessen the damage those WSs inflict, with another WS in the mix we can ignore this mechanic. This also allows for additional skillchain damage. Probably the biggest reason, though, is the elemental affinity of Volte mobs means that they take much less damage from Leaden while Trueflight hits for capped damage with BOG/EA Malaise up. So, RNG does significantly more damage than COR when killing Volte mobs while COR surpasses RNG through Wave 2 boss and the use of Tenebrae Gambit Rayke.

Here's my RNG's sets:

Here's my COR's sets:

I'm not sure what all needs explaining, so if you have any questions feel free to ask.
[+]
By Staleyx 2018-12-22 04:32:57
Link | Citer | R

I find 3 boxing a headache inside there. The fact that one person is 6 boxing those jobs.... sheesh. /respect
 Asura.Warusha
user: Serithus
By Asura.Warusha 2018-12-22 10:45:13
Link | Citer | R

Solid, hard run bro.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Warusha
By Asura.Warusha 2018-12-22 11:05:35
Link | Citer | R

You'd have to have 2 of the COR using Armageddon wildfire and their damage would be much worse than leaden or in our case, trueflight. Is it possible? Definitely.
By Afania 2018-12-22 13:11:53
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Warusha said: »
You'd have to have 2 of the COR using Armageddon wildfire and their damage would be much worse than leaden or in our case, trueflight. Is it possible? Definitely.

another way is to put a brd in tank pt for acc and haste, and have RUN do groudstrike for ws reset and darkness sc.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2018-12-22 13:39:59
Link | Citer | R

absolutely beautiful. All that spent ammo on the floor of Dynamis-D makes me jealous ;)
[+]
 Asura.Zanosan
user: Kutsurabi
By Asura.Zanosan 2018-12-22 18:49:40
Link | Citer | R

DirectX said: »
With all of this in mind, is it still possible to clear zones with the same setup if you used 4 CORs? How much slower would it really be? Assuming the extra random deals and wild cards would offset that a little.

To add to what has already been said, it is totally doable. I don't have the data sets to really make an estimation of how much slower it would be, but generally we find 2 CORs enough to offer resets for the Wave 3 boss.

A standard rotation would look like:
DS/TS > RD > DS/TS > RD > DS/TS > WC > DS/TS > RD > DS/TS > RD > DS/TS > WC > DS/TS > RD > DS/TS > RD > DS/TS

and that's usually enough to finish off the Wave 3 boss with 4 Bolsters since we don't really bother burning DS/TS while killing adds. In the video you can see it took us ~17 minutes to kill the Wave 3 boss and the rotation above shows 13.5 minutes of DS/TS uptime. Given you'll be doing Armageddon which I presume to be about ~40% the damage of Trueflight on the end boss? you'll need the extra RDs and WCs there to counteract the longer fight. Not to mention a big factor being that TP overflow from TS/QS does not add to WF damage. You'll also probably want to add Frailty to make use of Arma AM white damage, but that could potentially cause hate problems?

The biggest area you would lose time would be killing the Volte mobs and the Dark Circle, which includes Volte mobs the Wave 3 boss spawns. As mentioned above, Trueflight completely tears through Volte and replacing it with Wildfire, which I think would do less than a third of TF damage, would slow down this portion a lot. On the Dark Circle you would have to do something like, Wildfire + Hot Shot or Last Stand or something terrible like that.

Also, I forgot to mention that we make use of Dark Threnody II as well, I'll edit it in up there.
[+]
 Asura.Snapster
user: Mojopojo
By Asura.Snapster 2018-12-23 00:14:29
Link | Citer | R

Regarding the wave 3 setup and staggering of Random Deal/Wild Card - it's helpful but not essential. A huge chunk of the of the time in the run is spent on logistics and not DPS. Focusing on improving DPS is good but if it results in a high mental overhead cost it can end up slowing you down in reality. Ranger is actually not utilized efficiently because Double Shot is often neglected, but there's so much to do when six boxing it's not a high concern.

With 'ideal' play it's possible for Ranger to outperform Corsair on wave 3 because of the elemental affinity properties of volte mobs favor Trueflight and Ranger can put out more weaponskills than Corsair over the course of the run. You could use four Corsairs if your group doesn't want to use Ranger although there are some volte mobs (Rune Fencer, White Mage) that are annoying if you don't kill them fast.

We don't use Warlock's Roll. Usually it's Hunter's Roll or more often just the three other rolls (Samurai Wizard's Tactician's). Bolster isn't needed for the wave 3 boss. If you have a good pet regen + pet DT set you can still hit 100k Leaden Salute with BoG and EA and keep your Luopan out until Odin pops and kills it.

One part that's been mentioned but not emphasized enough is Rayke. It's not required but it's very helpful for killing the volte leaders faster. It's essential if you ever want to do Escha T4 mobs 'ranger zerg' style. Volte mobs have 130% Fire/Light 100% Wind/Thunder/Earth/Water and 50% Dark/Ice. This means you will always get half resists unless Rayke is applied (https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Resist). The affinities for the wave 3 boss are different and I believe they are determined by the killing the elemental circles. I think they're 100% for the elements that you kill although I am not certain about this.
[+]
 Asura.Snapster
By Asura.Snapster 2018-12-23 00:30:34
Link | Citer | R

I just double checked my logs. Leaden Salute -> 36749 Trueflight resulted in a 22522 Fragmentation skillchain. This fits 100% affinity exactly.

36749 * .6 + 217(Gastra) + 118(Malevolence) + 118(Malevolence) + 20(Belenus's Cape) = 22522
By Afania 2018-12-24 04:03:43
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Snapster said: »
Volte mobs have 130% Fire/Light 100% Wind/Thunder/Earth/Water and 50% Dark/Ice. This means you will always get half resists unless Rayke is applied (https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Resist).

if this number is correct, the wildfire with armageddon should outparse leaden salute with dp at 1000 tp on volte anytime rayke isnt up.

max wildfire set using my augments with armageddon augmented, no storm on spreasheet: 26985

max leaden set at 1000 tp and storm: 42831

130% of 26985 = 35080 wf dmg
50% of 42831 = 21415 leaden dmg

seems to me that in melee pt, its more ideal to use wildfire on wave 3 unless rayke is up. wildfire is traditionally more accurate than leaden too. so more reasons to use it.

has anyone tried this? I think 35k ws without malaise isnt bad even in melee pt.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2018-12-24 09:49:17
Link | Citer | R

Using Arislan's lua, how do you change offense mode to Melee?

I've been searching all over for a command, and I can't find it.
 Asura.Snapster
By Asura.Snapster 2018-12-24 11:09:50
Link | Citer | R

Afania said: »
Volte mobs have 130% Fire/Light 100% Wind/Thunder/Earth/Water and 50% Dark/Ice. This means you will always get half resists unless Rayke is applied (https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Resist).

if this number is correct, the wildfire with armageddon should outparse leaden salute with dp at 1000 tp on volte anytime rayke isnt up.

max wildfire set using my augments with armageddon augmented, no storm on spreasheet: 26985

seems to me that in melee pt, its more ideal to use wildfire on wave 3 unless rayke is up. wildfire is traditionally more accurate than leaden too. so more reasons to use it.

has anyone tried this? I think 35k ws without malaise isnt bad even in melee pt.

Only skillchain damage is directly multiplied by affinity.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Resist#Elemental_Specific_Damage_Taken_.28SDT.29

Regardless, Wildfire is better on volte mobs unless you have Rayke up. If you're shooting and have Triple Shot up, then Leaden will be better in that circumstance because of scaling. You'll also need to get Firestorm.
By Nyarlko 2018-12-24 11:23:34
Link | Citer | R

Only skillchain damage is directly multiplied by affinity.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Resist#Elemental_Specific_Damage_Taken_.28SDT.29

Regardless, Wildfire is better on volte mobs unless you have Rayke up. If you're shooting and have Triple Shot up, then Leaden will be better in that circumstance because of scaling. You'll also need to get Firestorm.

SDT tiers directly affect, and are applied, to all magic damage (and possibly physical damage too, depending on mob.)

The talk of skillchains is that skillchains can be used to precisely determine what tiers any particular target has per element.

- Sincerely, The guy who scraped the JP source and helped translate all that crap for bgwiki. :3
By Afania 2018-12-24 12:13:20
Link | Citer | R

You'll also need to get Firestorm.

if I remember correctly 15 affinity beats 10% storm. So in melee pt firestorm shouldn't be required. The calculation is done with trove belt for wf.

And yeah I was talking about melee pt entire time, hence 1000 tp V.S 1000 tp. I was watching another stream again, leaden really isnt amazing on volte in melee pt, so Im looking for something better than that.
 Asura.Snapster
By Asura.Snapster 2018-12-24 12:26:26
Link | Citer | R

Nyarlko said: »
SDT tiers directly affect, and are applied, to all magic damage (and possibly physical damage too, depending on mob.)

The talk of skillchains is that skillchains can be used to precisely determine what tiers any particular target has per element.

- Sincerely, The guy who scraped the JP source and helped translate all that crap for bgwiki. :3

That's not correct. I just went and re-tested to confirm this. Belaboring Wasps are supposed to have 70% Wind SDT and 130% Fire SDT.

Aero VI - 15779
Fire VI - 16125

If what you're saying is true there would be a stark difference between the two. In the case of volte mobs, it's relevant because of the resist. Leaden will always half resist unless Rayke is up.
 Asura.Warusha
By Asura.Warusha 2018-12-24 21:01:27
Link | Citer | R

You'll also need to get Firestorm.

if I remember correctly 15 affinity beats 10% storm. So in melee pt firestorm shouldn't be required. The calculation is done with trove belt for wf.

And yeah I was talking about melee pt entire time, hence 1000 tp V.S 1000 tp. I was watching another stream again, leaden really isnt amazing on volte in melee pt, so Im looking for something better than that.
You'd still want firestorm for 33% chance at 10% damage boost.
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2018-12-25 12:44:50
Link | Citer | R

Soo off topic but was it ever confirmed or not that Double Damage procs on ranged attacks and or weaponskills from rostam/lanun path A?
By Afania 2018-12-25 17:13:44
Link | Citer | R

Nope not on ws.
 Lakshmi.Veika
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Veikuri
By Lakshmi.Veika 2018-12-26 11:26:48
Link | Citer | R

If you guys had to focus on 1 gun to work on which would you start with? Mythic vs Empyrean vs Aeonic? Thinking about coming back and start working on COR and WHM
By Afania 2018-12-26 11:29:15
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Veika said: »
If you guys had to focus on 1 gun to work on which would you start with? Mythic vs Empyrean vs Aeonic? Thinking about coming back and start working on COR and WHM

Mythic if you do dyna D, aeonic if you dont.
By kamishi 2018-12-26 11:49:25
Link | Citer | R

One thing to note is that Fomalhaut is a decent Leaden Salute weapon with TP bonus and magic accuracy. Death Penalty is a pretty bad Last Stand Weapon though.

My opinion is that you should start with Anarchy +2 as it is quite easy to get with a little time investment and I spend more time meleeing and using Savage Blade than shooting in most content.
 Cerberus.Mrkillface
Serveur: Cerberus
user: bitchtits
By Cerberus.Mrkillface 2018-12-26 12:20:04
Link | Citer | R

Aeonic and Mythic. The Aeonic basically costs nothing and other than the bead farming, you can do the whole thing in one day.
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2018-12-26 12:26:57
Link | Citer | R

Aeonic. Can still 1 shot statues in dyna D with fomal leaden no problem.
By Afania 2018-12-26 14:14:13
Link | Citer | R

Leaden salute isnt just 1 shot statue in dynamis D, but also "carry" your group for a wave 3 win, and avoid nin sp wiping pt.

Leaden salute can one shot nin in wave 1 and 2 so nin doesnt blow up and kill everyone, but without DP nor living bullet, its probably much harder without malaise.

Dp Cor is also the strongest DD in wave 3 runs other jobs arent even close. 2 to 3 r15 dp cor with rostam + 3 dd can probably kill wave 3 boss in 10 min or even less. Fomalhaut doesnt come close dp for to this kind of dps.

The benefit of getting fast run is pretty obvious, more spot to sell to buyers, more time to farm wave 1 and 2 for rp per run.

If you dont have a group, dp is still king for lowman farming. I generally farm 20m worth of cards/shards/heroism per run on cor + brd or blu. Without dp ability to one shot mob with shitty sp like nin whm pld run etc nor kill nm as solo dps extremely fast using 3 step darkness, I probably cant farm as effectively. I cant live in dyna D without dp basically. If I farm with fomal nm will take too long to kill to be worth it, and mob sp will prolong the fight too.

Before dyna D exist Id say aeonic should be top priority, but dyna D completely changed that. Dp is just THAT op in dyna D.

Aeonic is useful in ambuscade if its ranged month, thats about it. Maybe omen fu or ou or something.
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Serveur: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2018-12-26 16:13:55
Link | Citer | R

Leaden salute isnt just 1 shot statue in dynamis D, but also "carry" your group for a wave 3 win, and avoid nin sp wiping pt.

Leaden salute can one shot nin in wave 1 and 2 so nin doesnt blow up and kill everyone, but without DP nor living bullet, its probably much harder without malaise.

Dp Cor is also the strongest DD in wave 3 runs other jobs arent even close. 2 to 3 r15 dp cor with rostam + 3 dd can probably kill wave 3 boss in 10 min or even less. Fomalhaut doesnt come close dp for to this kind of dps.

The benefit of getting fast run is pretty obvious, more spot to sell to buyers, more time to farm wave 1 and 2 for rp per run.

If you dont have a group, dp is still king for lowman farming. I generally farm 20m worth of cards/shards/heroism per run on cor + brd or blu. Without dp ability to one shot mob with shitty sp like nin whm pld run etc nor kill nm as solo dps extremely fast using 3 step darkness, I probably cant farm as effectively. I cant live in dyna D without dp basically. If I farm with fomal nm will take too long to kill to be worth it, and mob sp will prolong the fight too.

Before dyna D exist Id say aeonic should be top priority, but dyna D completely changed that. Dp is just THAT op in dyna D.

Aeonic is useful in ambuscade if its ranged month, thats about it. Maybe omen fu or ou or something.
Forgive me for butting in... however after lurking over the multiple pages of y'all talking about Dyna it's pretty much safe to say don't expect to do big numbers on COR inside Divergence unless you have a DP?
 Sylph.Oraen
Serveur: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2018-12-26 16:35:10
Link | Citer | R

Don't expect to do big numbers as easily without DP. Fomalhaut can still put out really high damage, but lacking the MAB bullets and the Mythic bonus to Leaden means you'll need more/stronger buffs to get that damage in comparison to an R15 DP.

I have basically perfect gear for Leaden, including R15 DP, so I'm able to hit capped damage with minimal buffs in comparison to some other shell members that only have Fomalhaut. But they're still able to cap damage given the right buffs. The more buffs you stack, the less difference you'll see between the two. But if you're looking for the best performance with the least buff investment, you'll never beat DP.
By Afania 2018-12-26 16:38:38
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Brahmsz said: »

Forgive me for butting in... however after lurking over the multiple pages of y'all talking about Dyna it's pretty much safe to say don't expect to do big numbers on COR inside Divergence unless you have a DP?

The difference between aeonic(augment or not) and R15 dp in dyna is huge, that's what I was saying.

Last wave 3 boss cleared in 11 min, r15 dp cor was at least 10% (10% alliance dps, not 10% more dmg)ahead of every other DD, with 61k leaden avg on scoreboard. No other DD in game could have this kind of dps.

If your group is struggling for wave 3 win, or looking to reduce people that you need per run, have dp cor ensures victory under unfavorable circumstances. Rostam B + dp is pretty much Nirvana in 2016 endgame all over again.

Can you do dyna D with aeonic? Absolutely. It's just going to be slower and requires other member have better gear and coordination.

I personally haven't shoot last stand for really long time. Ranged Ambuscade is rare, besides Fu or maybe Ou push no other circumstances that I can think of really need rng setup. Many NM like Neak and Yakshi are faster and more efficient with melee. T4 favors smn. So IMO that made aeonic less relevant than dp in endgame these days.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
Serveur: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2018-12-26 17:50:37
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Brahmsz said: »

The difference between aeonic(augment or not) and R15 dp in dyna is huge, that's what I was saying.

Last wave 3 boss cleared in 11 min, r15 dp cor was at least 10% (10% alliance dps, not 10% more dmg)ahead of every other DD, with 61k leaden avg on scoreboard. No other DD in game could have this kind of dps.

If your group is struggling for wave 3 win, or looking to reduce people that you need per run, have dp cor ensures victory under unfavorable circumstances. Rostam B + dp is pretty much Nirvana in 2016 endgame all over again.

Can you do dyna D with aeonic? Absolutely. It's just going to be slower and requires other member have better gear and coordination.

I personally haven't shoot last stand for really long time. Ranged Ambuscade is rare, besides Fu or maybe Ou push no other circumstances that I can think of really need rng setup. Many NM like Neak and Yakshi are faster and more efficient with melee. T4 favors smn. So IMO that made aeonic less relevant than dp in endgame these days.

Afania, which weapon do you offhand for wave3 boss?
By Afania 2018-12-26 18:48:40
Link | Citer | R

I haven't done wave 3 for really long time but eletta dagger would be the my choice on wave 3 boss. On volte Rostam may be a better offhand choice because higher acc macc and surviability needs. Wave 3 boss isnt THAT evasive nor dangerous though.
First Page 2 3 ... 40 41 42 ... 121 122 123