Serveur: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2018-11-30 05:12:50
Link | Citer | R

Afania said: »
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
Afania-

question on the petrov ring in the BiS melee setup.
They are basically side grades and which one is better depends on Sam roll value.

Ilabrat can also be a very good choice depending on buffs/targets (as in, particularly if you're uncapped atk). Ilabrat's Atk+25/DEX+7/Enm-4 (not to mention the slight defensive perks of DEF+10/HP+60) is a pretty good trade for Petrov's DA+1%/STR+3.

I find Epona/Ilabrat to give me the best results for a lot of real world situations on COR or other jobs; for instance, also tends to be my go-to ring pair for NIN TP.
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: elii
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2018-11-30 05:18:08
Link | Citer | R

Can't we all just get along,and rub the ends of our canons together? :(
[+]
 Phoenix.Baelwulf
user: Baelwulf
By Phoenix.Baelwulf 2018-11-30 07:34:52
Link | Citer | R

For anyone interested I did end up going in solo COR with a bunch of carries.

Used Tactician's Roll (crooked cards when able) and Samurai roll with augmentation from Frontier Sodas and Meditate from /SAM. Ate a Marine Stewpot. One of the carries followed me around casting indi-acumen (idris GEO).

Stats as follows:

Affinity +33
Magic Attack Bonus +263
WSD+20%
Agility +166
Magic Damage +227 (or 428? unclear if mainhand weapon magic damage is included for Leaden)
TP Bonus +250
Fotia Gorget
Elemental Obi

Using an AG'd Death Penalty with augment rank 1 (just unlocked augment no upgrading done).

Managed to kill all 66 statues in Dynamis Bastok wave 1 with about 45 minutes remaining. Had 2 statues resist me the whole run, killed them with QD and then died and reraised and found a way around.

Elected not to try dealing with boss since I didn't have the proper support.

Most people ended up with 2-3 medals and 2-3 shards. I personally ended up with 7 medals and 2 shards.

Started on Lightsday. Leadens were doing about 21000 and successfully oneshotting statues. After day changed to Darksday this because 26-28k. Was shooting right at 1k TP.

If I had brought a SCH I could likely have taken out the wave 1 boss and continued this on wave 2, just holding TP til 1750+250bonus to ensure they died.
[+]
By Afania 2018-11-30 12:54:50
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Baelwulf said: »
If I had brought a SCH I could likely have taken out the wave 1 boss and continued this on wave 2, just holding TP til 1750+250bonus to ensure they died.

You don't need a sch to clear wave 1 boss, I've duoed wave 1 boss it with cor + brd. Some of the tank trusts, such as AAHM, barely take any dmg from it if ever, since cor can shoot the heal required on boss is minimal.

I wouldn't be surprised if cor can solo wave 1 boss with 5 trusts using gallant/dancer on trusts.

Just make sure you alternate leaden and wf to reset ws dmg reduction that build up.
By Afania 2018-11-30 13:05:20
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Hey check that ***out, someone smart enough to get something like a baseline, instead of argue. That's pretty cool.

Your question was already answered 2 pages ago, you didn't see it?

But it already has downgrade sets, did a quick check, it should be able to do 18k leaden unbuffed with it at 3k tp. Use that as minimum if you seriously need directions.
By Foxfire 2018-11-30 13:17:29
Link | Citer | R

well aware you're being sarcastic but it's incredible how dense you can be
By Afania 2018-11-30 13:38:31
Link | Citer | R

I'm not going back to read, what do you think this is a guide?

If it's not on the current page it doesnt exist on ffxiah. Go back two whole pages, that's blasphemous talk right there.

The set that I talked about was from the guide in 1st page....its the entry level set.......its not an answer buried within 30 pages of posts....

You digged pages of discussions from a different thread to quote my post in a dyna D debate that target toward my use of words, and yet you don't read the answers for your own question in a job discussion. Not sure if serious.
 Phoenix.Baelwulf
By Phoenix.Baelwulf 2018-11-30 14:03:02
Link | Citer | R

You don't need a sch to clear wave 1 boss, I've duoed wave 1 boss it with cor + brd. Some of the tank trusts, such as AAHM, barely take any dmg from it if ever, since cor can shoot the heal required on boss is minimal.

I wouldn't be surprised if cor can solo wave 1 boss with 5 trusts using gallant/dancer on trusts.

Just make sure you alternate leaden and wf to reset ws dmg reduction that build up.

Yeah I just don't really have that kind of patience. Would rather SCH Distortion > Leaden for Darkness with helix bursts, boss melts then :)
By Afania 2018-11-30 14:13:44
Link | Citer | R

Yeah I just don't really have that kind of patience. Would rather SCH Distortion > Leaden for Darkness with helix bursts, boss melts then :)

Maybe the boss fight time would be lowered with more people but from my experience 2 people has more total gil gain than 3, because 3rd person like sch doesn't increase kill speed during the fodder farming phase.

Unless all you do is kill stats in entire run, and never farm fodders.

It shouldn't take more than a few min to kill wave 1 boss with 1 single cor anyways, even without geo nor sch. Leaden is just that strong.
 Phoenix.Baelwulf
By Phoenix.Baelwulf 2018-11-30 15:13:54
Link | Citer | R

Completely off the topic being discussed.

I'm currently building my Ataktos for the TPBonus awesomeness. I know that the Magian TP Bonus gun is fairly unique in that the TP Bonus applies to melee WSs as well.

There's a logically consistent leap here that the WSD on the previous stage would have the same properties. Does anyone know if that's the case?
 Lakshmi.Rylis
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Rylis
By Lakshmi.Rylis 2018-11-30 16:35:27
Link | Citer | R

Hey check that ***out, someone smart enough to get something like a baseline, instead of argue. That's pretty cool.

Every statue took the same damage with no variables? I'll be damned, that should've been impossible.

lol, yeah, it's almost like when you know the exact amount of stats someone has, you can predict their damage, but when you have to imagine what random compilation of gear they might throw together to get to their amounts of gear, you can't give them a direct number? Ya know, the whole debate.

Also, if you read what Baelwulf posted and thought that was helping "newer players figure out a set" then you're really *** dense. Aug DP (even just base aug is still a full AG DP), 20% wsd means likely cape and +3 feet, 33 affinity is archon and pixie+1, and overall 263 mab isn't too far off my set, so we're talking a pretty high level of gear there.

Even without explaining it that way, my COR's leadens, as a basically max-geared double Rostam full aug DP COR, at 1k are about 33k, which means this guy ain't too far off.

I could go into detail about my alt who with a couple other alts full clears W1 and W2 dyna with no DP, and describe his gear, but as has kinda been stated, n0 one earnestly seeking this information has showed up to ask for it, just an asshat wanting to be contrarian, so I'll wait until I see someone actually needing the help.

You clearly need help, but of a different kind than an internet forum will offer you.
 Shiva.Eightball
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Eightball 2018-11-30 17:11:15
Link | Citer | R

Can we all agree to stop replying to this guy? If we ALL ignore him his fun is over.
 Ramuh.Austar
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-12-01 04:09:26
Link | Citer | R

without the variables you can't calculate it in the first place, that's why it's a stupid question
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-12-01 04:10:30
Link | Citer | R

There are no variables to find, only to add after you know the bottom.

I made that quite clear. It is completely and utterly irrevant what phantom roll+ song+ geomancy+ you have to finding the minimum boost required to do the damage.

It it takes 700 MAB THEN you can figure out if you need Idris/Dunna Gjaller/AH flute Regal/Barataria
By Afania 2018-12-01 04:13:08
Link | Citer | R

It was" remove all the variables, and simply state how much MAB it would take to do the minimum amount, k thx,

The question was answered 3 times.

Use the entry level set on the 1st page, leaden at 3000 tp, it should do more than 18k damage if I calculate correctly. Add whatever buffs you have and that gives you room to lower the tp required.
 Ramuh.Austar
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-12-01 04:14:27
Link | Citer | R

AGI is a variable in this situation, without even knowing AGI you can't say say how much WSD you need, which is also a variable. Oh and WSD. If you had 2/3 of those, you could. But without knowing either, no. it was a stupid question.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 32 33 34 ... 121 122 123