Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » Luck of the Draw: A Corsair's Guide *NEW*
Luck of the Draw: A Corsair's Guide *NEW*
First Page 2 3 ... 21 22 23 ... 121 122 123
By Afania 2018-09-16 10:56:13
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Arnan said: »
For TP on Lanun Knife is which is better path A for 20 Store TP or path B for 40% chance of follow-up attack? im guessing B but just want to ask before I trade it in

Now that I think about it, we may need to test if Mainhand: store tp means it only applies to main hand swings or not.

Edit: Tested with ranged attack real quick apparently stp works on ranged attack.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Austar
Serveur: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-09-16 11:59:51
Link | Citer | R

independent checks on the same round. so you can get 5 hits with a qa and fua proc on the same round.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-09-16 12:05:53
Link | Citer | R

So really, cor has 3 solid paths. If getting DW daggers, can swap path C for roll once per 10 min with minimal consequence. Real decision is whether to go STP+25 for ranged or B for melee on the second one. Guess if you were really super-COR you could do all 3.
By Afania 2018-09-16 12:20:31
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
So really, cor has 3 solid paths.

Yeah, it's been source of drama in another thread because for cor all 6 augments across SU5 and rema has a use, while some other job only update 1 to 2 rema and done.

Real decision is whether to go STP+25 for ranged or B for melee on the second one.

I'm guessing it's going to be path B without amnesia, path A with amnesia. But I can be wrong.

The reason why I made such assumption is mainly because how ws works. You can't use a sword if you main hand dagger, and melee last stand suffers from buff splits in high lv content, so the best use of Mainhand Rostam for tp would be melee leaden spam on dyna wave 3 boss.

Since leaden avg incredibly high there, double dmg weight a lot less and ws frenquency will win. With all that stp from Sam roll, more stp is probably not as valuable for tp speed.

But we'll have to check to be absolutely sure.

Guess if you were really super-COR you could do all 3.

This update really make the gap between serious cor and generic cor bigger, especially for dyna D LS. Before the update it's not particularly hard to gear a functional cor with aeonic ls, since all you need is a Fomalhaut, tp bonus gun and light armor from another job. Nor most of the endgame ls care about cor more than other rare or expensive jobs like SMN, run, whm, brd etc.

This is not the case anymore. A DP cor with multiple rostam really has a lot of weight in a dyna D group.

I can see DP and rostam being on next wave of LS recruitment ad, lol.
By Afania 2018-09-16 12:32:34
Link | Citer | R

Forget about what I said above: there are reports saying path a double dmg proc on ws in another thread.

I'd wait until more test and verifications come out.
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-09-16 12:33:39
Link | Citer | R

Trollololol
By geigei 2018-09-16 12:43:34
Link | Citer | R

Inb4 double proc only for weaponskills executed with main hand, this would make cor worst dd ever, hell mnk could be decent again.
 Ramuh.Austar
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-09-16 12:44:25
Link | Citer | R

yeah, i'm pretty skeptical of that claim
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-09-16 12:46:16
Link | Citer | R

Afania said: »
Since leaden avg incredibly high there, double dmg weight a lot less and ws frenquency will win. With all that stp from Sam roll, more stp is probably not as valuable for tp speed.
Think you misunderstood, I am sure path B is better for meleetp/leaden. My thought was that if you were 'only' making 2 daggers, it would be a tough decision between having the STP+25 that remains useful when at a distance, or the superior melee option.

Making 3 seems borderline insane at current prices, but I could see the appeal with how ridiculous COR is right now.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2018-09-16 14:01:16
Link | Citer | R

Forget about what I said above: there are reports saying path a double dmg proc on ws in another thread.

I'd wait until more test and verifications come out.
I can say HQ +1 doesn't work on Cyclone to do double dmg. I haven't gotten around to physical but I doubt it highly
[+]
By Afania 2018-09-16 14:13:16
Link | Citer | R

Think you misunderstood, I am sure path B is better for meleetp/leaden. My thought was that if you were 'only' making 2 daggers, it would be a tough decision between having the STP+25 that remains useful when at a distance, or the superior melee option.

Making 3 seems borderline insane at current prices, but I could see the appeal with how ridiculous COR is right now.

Or appeal to COR fanatics <.>.

last Rostam sold is like 320m, pretty sure it's just the matter of time before it dropped below 300m. So 3x Rostam = 900m.

It's not uncommon for players to spend 1 to 2 billion gil a while back when every HQ cost hundred millions. I think I've spent over 1.6 billion on my cor and I'm actually on the low end compare with other rich players in game.

For those with 2 Rostam I'd go with stp path for general use, since it's still good for shooting, melee AND amnesia, especially for none DP users doing variety of content.

For DP users with a dyna D LS struggling for wave 3 clears, FA path are more appealing because it will help the group on boss. Assuming my assumption that FA TP way faster than STP+25 is correct that is.
[+]
 Asura.Suteru
user: Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2018-09-16 14:18:23
Link | Citer | R

I'd also be skeptical of STP in the offhand.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-09-16 14:20:41
Link | Citer | R

It says, on the thing, mainhand only, so whats to be skeptical of.

it shouldn't work on bullets either, but i doubt they're smart enough to realize/make that work.
By Afania 2018-09-16 14:21:13
Link | Citer | R

It probably doesn't work if you equip it in the offhand slot, but if you equip it Mainhand, stp effect seems to apply to everything, including ranged attack.

Asura.Eiryl said: »
it shouldn't work on bullets either, but i doubt they're smart enough to realize/make that work.

It works on ranged attack if its in the mainhand slot. Already tested like above post said. My ranged attack has increased tp per hit with path A mainhand.
By Nariont 2018-09-16 14:24:13
Link | Citer | R

I don't get why the STP is in question, much like the SBII it gives you STP/SBII so long as its in the main hand, SE just hasnt given it the rema stupidity (yet)
 Asura.Suteru
user: Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2018-09-16 14:38:26
Link | Citer | R

Nariont said: »
I don't get why the STP is in question, much like the SBII it gives you STP/SBII so long as its in the main hand, SE just hasnt given it the rema stupidity (yet)

Someone had posted assuming it was going to work offhand if it worked on ranged attack, but it looks like they deleted that post.
 Shiva.Arislan
Serveur: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2018-09-16 15:39:34
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, multiple Rostam... looks like I'll be maining another job now. :)
[+]
By Afania 2018-09-16 17:04:37
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Arislan said: »
looks like I'll be maining another job now. :)

I have been trying to do that.....

But I failed to come another job for event successfully over and over since dyna wave 3 came out ;(

I just don't get a mage slot. And when I (very rarely)got a DD slot it turns out that come cor for 4 rolls in pt and DPS is also an extremely ideal choice anyways. Having a cor close sc in blm setup also makes utterly noticable difference in terms of kill speed. Our wave 3 boss run with cor close leaden SC is at least 10 min faster than another elite JP LS that doesn't.

It's just...one of the best job choice in this particular event beyond 2 rolls, more so than every other endgame event that I've done in past 10 years as career cor.
 Fenrir.Snaps
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2018-09-16 17:13:15
Link | Citer | R

The Store TP applying to ranged attacks is what I expected. I would think all of the effects apply to mainhand, offhand, or ranged. You either get all of the augments or none of them depending on whether the dagger is in the mainhand. I don't expect the additional attack or double damage augments to apply to anything except strikes from the weapon itself. If the double damage can apply to weaponskills, I would expect it to only be physical weaponskills and only from weaponskill strikes from the mainhand, but I seriously doubt that they do at all.

I also think that most people playing COR haven't identified how great shooting COR can be. If you've got 2 CORs in the same party, you can have Triple Shot up for almost the entire wave 3 boss. With reforged, Oshosi +1, and JSE back you can achieve a 91% Triple Shot rate with a 50% chance of that being a Quad Shot. The TP gain far exceeds what you get from meleeing. With Samurai Roll you're getting more than 2000 TP+ return after one shot.
Leaden and Last Stand both benefit from TP overflow. It's pretty ridiculous.
By Afania 2018-09-16 17:49:12
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Snaps said: »
I also think that most people playing COR haven't identified how great shooting COR can be. If you've got 2 CORs in the same party, you can have Triple Shot up for almost the entire wave 3 boss.

Hmmm this got me thinking....do you think shooting cor(at least for the duration of TS) will outparse melee with path A mainhand? You got higher tp every ws, but there's also a delay between /ra and ws that doesn't exist in melee mode.

Would be great if someone shares parse result in controlled environment since spreadsheet isn't accurate for ranged.
 Fenrir.Snaps
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2018-09-16 18:00:52
Link | Citer | R

Melee can weaponskill faster than shooting due to RA delay lockout although the TP return you get from Savage Blade is much lower than Leaden Salute or Last Stand, so in practice it might not be. In my experience ranged wins if you're using Leaden Salute. If you're using Last Stand then I'm not sure although there's also huge practical benefits from shooting. You don't need any kind of defensive buffs and you don't need to bifurcate your offensive buffs.
[+]
By Afania 2018-09-16 19:09:04
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Snaps said: »
Melee can weaponskill faster than shooting due to RA delay lockout although the TP return you get from Savage Blade is much lower than Leaden Salute or Last Stand, so in practice it might not be. In my experience ranged wins if you're using Leaden Salute. If you're using Last Stand then I'm not sure although there's also huge practical benefits from shooting. You don't need any kind of defensive buffs and you don't need to bifurcate your offensive buffs.

To be specific, I'm asking about wave 3 boss optimal DD style in a melee setup. So it's melee leaden v.s ranged leaden, not melee savage v.s ranged leaden,

Savage blade really can't compete with leaden with malaise on wave 3 boss. I've done tons of wave 3 boss clear runs and have parse data of every run. Savage blade normally came out avg 24 to 25k after a 20 min fight, despite it occasionally hits 37k spikes the avg really wasn't as high on scoreboard in the long run.

Leaden on then other hand, avg 40 to 45k on parse after win, and easily spike over 80k in bolster phase even if you ws as close to 1000 tp as possible. The dmg difference between leaden and savage(or any other physical ws including resolution from war) is night and day.

I really really doubt shooting full time wins in this case, since there's still 1600 acc requirement which requires racc swaps with prelude, and since boss last so long I'm not seeing how it's possible to maintain TS entire time. Even if every RD is successful you'd only get 4 TS with 1 cor, 7(?) TS with 2, so thats 10 min of TS max. And boss normally dont die in 10 min, at least with our group or other groups that Ive seen.

However ra mode may be worth considering when TS is up if it's proven to out dps melee mode. It also bypasses PD if boss uses it, which is kinda nice.

The safety from ranged isn't something I'd consider when I go with main group since my main group is swimming with manpower for additional support. We never wipe or anything with melee setup, and in last 3 runs with main group I only die once across all 3 run to a luopan from geo add. I'd pick a more offensive playstyle over ranged since the safety from attacking from a distance is not something I care about atm. I'd only consider ranged if /ra for tp out parse melee for tp with melee acc songs.
 Ragnarok.Phuoc
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Phuoc 2018-09-16 19:14:14
Link | Citer | R

On the group i go with, with have 3 perma CORs on the disjoined mega boss spamming leaden and other 2 or maybe 3 normal DDs do disjoined/adds when they pop, cor really destroys any other DD on the mega bosses with all fetters, there's really 0 contest here.
[+]
By Afania 2018-09-16 19:20:06
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Phuoc said: »
On the group i go with, with have 3 perma CORs on the disjoined mega boss spamming leaden and other 2 or maybe 3 normal DDs do disjoined/adds when they pop, cor really destroys any other DD on the mega bosses with all fetters, there's really 0 contest here.

Same, I actually pushed changing one of the buffs to malaise in melee pt because I watched a stream from your ls and saw the parse. At first everyone was all very skeptical about leaden's power and refuse to use malaise.

After last run with malaise I don't think anyone will have any doubt anymore. Full augmented DP+Rostam path B cor is next SMN in FFXI hardest endgame. Inc people QQ about it and SE threat it like mnk, Koga, blu, bst, SMN and nerf it in 2020.
 Hades.Dade
Serveur: Hades
user: Dade
By Hades.Dade 2018-09-16 20:33:25
Link | Citer | R

Are geo debuffs not nerfed on wave 3 mobs and boss? Thought from wave 2 boss on they were -75%
 Asura.Warusha
user: Serithus
By Asura.Warusha 2018-09-16 22:32:49
Link | Citer | R

They probably have 3 GEO, and the Geo doing malaise is in tank party also doing wilt.
 Phoenix.Tearxx
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Tearxx
By Phoenix.Tearxx 2018-09-17 00:06:23
Link | Citer | R

Why path B rostam?
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-09-17 01:08:43
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Tearxx said: »
Why path B rostam?

Path B is follow up attacks, which is going to outpace Blurred+1 for TP gain (because it works with DA/TA).
First Page 2 3 ... 21 22 23 ... 121 122 123