Luck Of The Draw: A Corsair's Guide *NEW*

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » Luck of the Draw: A Corsair's Guide *NEW*
Luck of the Draw: A Corsair's Guide *NEW*
First Page 2 3 ... 17 18 19 ... 121 122 123
By Foxfire 2018-07-31 23:42:51
Link | Citer | R

the first testimonial was zero's, innit?
they didn't post any testing data or proof; just "nah doesn't work in offhand" and "has to be on", but again - no data/proof

and they never came back to clear any details or elaborate on what they did

i don't mean to dismiss them entirely, but toralin's the only one with conclusive proof thus far
 Siren.Kyte
Serveur: Siren
Game: FFXI
By Siren.Kyte 2018-07-31 23:44:50
Link | Citer | R

Afania said: »
Foxfire said: »
conflicting, how?

The first testimonial said dt doesn't work offhand and dt remains if you unequip the dagger.

Now the testimonial is exact opposite: it works offhand, effect stacks, and effect wears off if you unequip the dagger.

I mean, Tora posted screenshot so I do believe him, just cant help but feel one of the testimonial is trolling or something.

or was just from someone stupid
By Afania 2018-08-01 00:55:50
Link | Citer | R

hobo said: »
We got here a "he said she said situation", where I really want to believe the offhand, but conflicting reports. A video would be nice for working in offhand hell even a screenshot with equip + log.

Here you go:

Gears: NQ dagger x1 (sorry, I cant find any dagger on AH and the guy who made nq for me wasn't available, only testing single wield)

Every other slots nakkid except regen gears so I dont die pulling entire zone of sabo hitting me and afking.

SS of gears:

I had a trust out for cures so 1000 needle will only hit 500 because damage split.

2% of 500=10

Roll with dagger, then unequip:500

Roll without dagger, then equip dagger offhand:480 with 2 rolls.
(Ok I forgot to SS this one, *** meee.... )
4% of 500 = 20, so 480 is correct value.

Take off the dagger and I took 500 dmg again.

Dmg taken with 1 roll=490, seems correct to me too. (2% of 500 = 10)

D ring + 2 rolls = 429.

14% (10% from Dring and 4% from 2 rolls)of 500 = 70 this number seems correct to me too.

I think this settles it, whoever post the first hand testimonial about it working offhand and dt effect remains unequip is probably a troll.....

The dagger isnt PR macro, more like dt swap.
[+]
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
Serveur: Asura
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2018-08-01 02:20:27
Link | Citer | R

Based on these numbers.
NQ: 5/256
HQ: 10/256 (Probably no test shown)
HQ +1: 15/256

DRing is one of a few items that actually gives slightly more DT then listed rather then slightly less hence why you got -71. DT is one of the few things we don't floor.

DRing + NQx2
26 + (5 x 2) = 36/256
ceil(500 x (36/256)) = 71 reduction

Awesome to see it works in offhand and with multi rollers.
[+]
By Afania 2018-08-01 02:32:18
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Chiaia said: »
Awesome to see it works in offhand and with multi rollers.

Yeah the daggers open up interesting new playstyle, pt setup and builds.

Inb4 se did something wrong with coding and fix it next patch, lol.
[+]
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2018-08-01 06:15:59
Link | Citer | R

No trust around here!!!
 Asura.Suteru
user: Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2018-08-01 06:39:06
Link | Citer | R

Okay I'm coming back from a long-ish hiatus, when I left I had just finished Fomalhaut and it was right before Omen came out.

What do I need to get up-to-par? How hard is +3 AF/Relic to get? Are CORs still in demand for most content?
 Shiva.Eightball
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Eightball 2018-08-01 07:33:49
Link | Citer | R

Get AF body posthaste alas it is amazing for many things and fairly easy to get, relic pieces will take longer unless you have tons of money to drop on it and there are several relic pieces you will want. Cor is very much in demand for a verity of content due to their unique buffs and arsenal of damage options.
 Asura.Zeroburning
By Asura.Zeroburning 2018-08-01 08:58:31
Link | Citer | R

Well i dont come on the forums every day and post it but when i did the testing on the bard dagger it did not work when unequipped and did not work whenn it was in the offhand but like ive been telling my ls they might have patched it because i mean not working in the offhand would make the weapons useless
By trinironnie 2018-08-01 10:03:33
Link | Citer | R

how come when i go to the main page of this thread, it never fully loads, then firefox becomes super slow until i exit out of it?
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2018-08-01 10:23:41
Link | Citer | R

PS2 limitations. :D
[+]
By trinironnie 2018-08-01 10:33:57
Link | Citer | R

Its weird because its the only page that does this.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2018-08-01 10:36:38
Link | Citer | R

Its a very dense node based page. It loads very slowly for me on Chrome and scrolling is sometimes wonky.

I don't really use Firefox, but a different browser might make it load.
By Afania 2018-08-01 11:13:15
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Zeroburning said: »
Well i dont come on the forums every day and post it but when i did the testing on the bard dagger it did not work when unequipped and did not work whenn it was in the offhand but like ive been telling my ls they might have patched it because i mean not working in the offhand would make the weapons useless

Another possibility is that brd dagger works differently from cor dagger....aka working as intended. 48% DT does sound broken....
 Fenrir.Snaps
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2018-08-01 12:14:29
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Toralin said: »
No trust around here!!!

Fenrir.Snaps
By Fenrir.Snaps 2018-08-01 12:16:42
Link | Citer | R

The dagger isnt PR macro, more like dt swap.

I think you've underestimated how good it's going to be with augments. Savage Blade COR is going to be a thing of the past.
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2018-08-01 12:17:35
Link | Citer | R

Another possibility is that brd dagger works differently from cor dagger....aka working as intended. 48% DT does sound broken....
well it would be 24 DT dual wielding with 4 songs, only 48% with 8 songs. so how does it sound broken if its equal to the corsair?.. not following the logic unless you are just bias towards COR >.>
By Afania 2018-08-01 12:26:28
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Toralin said: »

well it would be 24 DT dual wielding with 4 songs, only 48% with 8 songs. so how does it sound broken if its equal to the corsair?.. not following the logic unless you are just bias towards COR >.>

How do you get 24% dt from 4 songs if it doesnt work offhand? That was not what I mean.

This is what I mean:
The initial testimonal came from zero stating brd dagger doesnt work offhand, so we jump to the conclusion that cor dagger works the same. It turns out that cor daggers work offhand.

Assuming zero isnt trolling, we may jump to the conclusion too fast for cor daggers. Maybe the dagger doesnt work offhand for brd, but cor dagger has glitch or something.

Majority of D weapons are underwhelming atm, it doesnt make sense that cor dagger give us 48% dt while brd doesnt work offhand, and other job D weapon doesnt even have many useful stats.

Smelling a glitch here.
 Fenrir.Snaps
By Fenrir.Snaps 2018-08-01 12:45:03
Link | Citer | R

Someone could pick up some BRD daggers and do additional testing for verification. Not like it would take time.
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2018-08-01 12:49:08
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Snaps said: »
Someone could pick up some BRD daggers and do additional testing for verification. Not like it would take time.
ill make some bard daggers in a couple days and test, but I am just operating that it will work in the off-hand and be exactly like the cor dagger

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By Boshi 2018-08-01 14:31:25
Link | Citer | R

It works in both main hand slotand offhand slot.

What other weapon is in main/sub does not matter.

The dagger(s) do not need to be on during JA use.

The DT is only active while dagger(s) is(are) equipped.
 Asura.Suteru
user: Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2018-08-01 15:08:07
Link | Citer | R

What should be my first focus? There's like 10 different things I need, from Omen, to Relic and AF+3, and probably Ambuscade gear (I don't have any).
 Sylph.Oraen
Serveur: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2018-08-01 15:10:26
Link | Citer | R

In order to give a priority system, we'd need to know what you primarily use COR for. What role do you typically find yourself playing while on COR?

A good general pick-up would be the full Meghanada and Mummu sets from Ambuscade, as they have high accuracy/ranged accuracy and can get you to at least a decent spot for farming other pieces.

Also, if you have a group capable of fighting Ou, definitely pick up a Regal Necklace when you can, as the bonus to roll potency is great no matter what you do on the job.
By Afania 2018-08-01 15:15:52
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Suteru said: »
Okay I'm coming back from a long-ish hiatus, when I left I had just finished Fomalhaut and it was right before Omen came out.

What do I need to get up-to-par? How hard is +3 AF/Relic to get? Are CORs still in demand for most content?

WB!

AF+3 body, relic +3 feet are top priority. Then relic +3 body and hands. Everything else has lower priority and a lot more niche.

Relic +3 is actually faster if you have a merc/vd group. Get clear, buy mat, done. AF+3 are locked behind omen ki cool down for cards.

Hep. Sapara hq is best savage sword, must have.
Divergence dagger is nice too.

Ambuscade back has tons of relevant augments, so be prepared to make a lot of them if you are serious about the job. I have like, 14 ambuscade backs (thanks SE) and plan to make more >.>

cor is relevant in everything, and one of the job in better position than the others, among run geo war smn brd whm etc.

But since many people has aeonic cor with hq adhemar, its not exactly easy to get invite. And like always, it still has less "weight" in endgame community than serious run geo war smn brd whm because cor role can be given to a newer and less experienced/lesser geared player with minimal sacrifice. So it always has this negative stigma attached to it.

I wouldnt say the job is in high demand, most groups seek run whm geo brd smn a lot more often due to higher skill and gear requirement to perform in endgame. But if you have the connection, you will get a spot, because it does have roles in endgame.

Asura.Suteru said: »
What should be my first focus? There's like 10 different things I need, from Omen, to Relic and AF+3, and probably Ambuscade gear (I don't have any).

Omen has cool down so you could do ambu and omen unless you dont have much play time.

Would say omen should be on higher priority. Regal neck, af body are extremely good. There are other upgrades from omen too.

Megh set from ambu is useful, mummu less so.

You could make gil from ambu then buy mat to upgrade relic, you dont need to do dyna on regular basis for relic upgrade. So that saves a lot of time.
By Meeeeeep 2018-08-01 15:44:58
Link | Citer | R

So I'm having a weird issue with the Timers plugin and Phantom Roll.
Every roll duration increase from gear, merits, etc. has correctly been tracked by the Timers plugin for COR rolls.
However I recently got Regal necklace and have noticed that the timers for my Phantom roll displayed on the addon are not correctly factoring in the duration bonus from Regal.

Has anyone else had/fixed this issue? It's been throwing me off since I got it.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2018-08-01 16:40:24
Link | Citer | R

Would say omen should be on higher priority. Regal neck, af body are extremely good. There are other upgrades from omen too.

Definitely. Also calling out Dingir Ring, Iskur Gorget, and Nusku Shield as COR drops of major significance from Omen.
[+]
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2018-08-01 23:14:45
Link | Citer | R

Meeeeeep said: »
Every roll duration increase from gear, merits, etc. has correctly been tracked by the Timers plugin for COR rolls.
However I recently got Regal necklace and have noticed that the timers for my Phantom roll displayed on the addon are not correctly factoring in the duration bonus from Regal.

Are you sure it's that and not a Relic +2/3 upgrade? All my timers are off due to Relic +2/3. Rdm Buffs, Cor Rolls.
By Meeeeeep 2018-08-02 09:34:44
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
Meeeeeep said: »

Are you sure it's that and not a Relic +2/3 upgrade? All my timers are off due to Relic +2/3. Rdm Buffs, Cor Rolls.

Positive, it only happened after I got regal neck and I've tried it without any other roll duration gear on.
First Page 2 3 ... 17 18 19 ... 121 122 123