Luck Of The Draw: A Corsair's Guide *NEW*

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » Luck of the Draw: A Corsair's Guide *NEW*
Luck of the Draw: A Corsair's Guide *NEW*
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15 ... 121 122 123
By Afania 2018-06-19 20:36:59
Link | Citer | R

Dw back can be useful for /NIN. It's part of my hybrid dt- and lowest acc tp set since both sets don't use adhemar, so it's more dps lose to sacrifice 2 slots for dw.

It's also nice for slow/March dispel etc.
 Lakshmi.Watusa
Serveur: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Watusa
By Lakshmi.Watusa 2018-06-25 01:33:51
Link | Citer | R

Is there an error on the Leaden Salute set on front page? Svelt. Gouriz +1 for Entry Level, Eschan Stone for mid, then Svelt +1 again for BiS? How's that work
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2018-06-25 01:54:06
Link | Citer | R

I assume the relative contribution of +dStat/WSC outweighed that of the alternative option's MAB in the high and low sets but not the mid set. I'm not going to check the math on that, but the other possibility is that performance-wise, it does lose in the low set but the accessibility of Svelt. Gouriz +1 over Eschan stone (when it's on the AH, it's cheap) gave it the spot.
[+]
By ceinwyn 2018-06-27 18:30:45
Link | Citer | R

hey cor experts out there! does magic accuracy affect leaden salute and prevent resists more often?
By Afania 2018-06-27 18:42:03
Link | Citer | R

ceinwyn said: »
hey cor experts out there! does magic accuracy affect leaden salute and prevent resists more often?

That's what community believes atm, with testimonials.
 Shiva.Larrymc
Serveur: Shiva
user: larrymc
By Shiva.Larrymc 2018-06-29 16:14:08
Link | Citer | R

For Leaden salute, I am working on getting augments for the herc legs. What is the priority of augment as I am working my way through stones to get better augments?

WSD most important? > AGI next important? > MAB last?

This is assuming non-DM augments.

Also, f*** Oseem.
 Sylph.Oraen
Serveur: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2018-06-29 16:19:10
Link | Citer | R

Don't worry about AGI on the legs. Those are an off-path augment when choosing the magic path, so the likelihood of getting it is extremely low. Just focus on MAB/macc and WSD. 1 WSD is approximately equal to 3 MAB, but that value can easily shift based on the rest of your gear. Your best bet is to use the damage calculation sheet in the guide to figure out what works best for you specifically.
[+]
 Shiva.Larrymc
user: larrymc
By Shiva.Larrymc 2018-06-29 17:00:24
Link | Citer | R

The COR DPS spreadsheet in the Guide seems to be very much out of date - and is missing all of the dynamis +3 gear. Is there a newer one by chance?
 Shiva.Arislan
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2018-06-29 23:42:08
Link | Citer | R

Try using this:
https://docs.zoho.com/sheet/open/n7dt9737650532eb84988a9ce4192efd00fff
[+]
By hobo 2018-07-10 17:08:47
Link | Citer | R

Someone asked me if the light shot had to land to boost the dia and I realized that I didn't know, just assumed they could miss. Do we have any sorta confirmation one way or the other? seeing how missing still boosting a debuff seems sorta weird
By Afania 2018-07-10 17:11:22
Link | Citer | R

hobo said: »
Someone asked me if the light shot had to land to boost the dia and I realized that I didn't know, just assumed they could miss. Do we have any sorta confirmation one way or the other? seeing how missing still boosting a debuff seems sorta weird

Its tested back in 2012 that missed light shot still enhance debuffs, a no effect dark shot doesn't.
[+]
By hobo 2018-07-10 17:15:18
Link | Citer | R

Thanks
 Shiva.Arislan
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2018-07-10 17:20:29
Link | Citer | R

Remember, there's two different boost effects in question here:

1) Debuff boost, inherent to Quick Draw,
2) Elemental damage boost, only available via Empy feet,

The debuff boost is guaranteed, as long as you don't outright miss the shot (macc/agi checks). Light Shot is confusing tho, because a 'miss' message just means the sleep was resisted, not that the shot entirely missed. 'No effect' on Dark Shot means the same.
[+]
By Afania 2018-07-11 21:38:08
Link | Citer | R

Ok sooo, decided to share thoughts and experience about dyna wave 3. Ive been in burn out stat for past couple of months, basically didnt do any endgame except occassional ambuscade, nor I bring cor to any content in game. Wave 3 is the first high lv content that I do on cor since really really long time, so it was quite a challenge for me to pick up this job again and work on optimizing. Its almost like riding a bike. After 3 runs or so I finally start to grasp how to play again XD.

Anyways, for those who intend to bring the job to wave 3, here are my experience so far, hope that helps.

1) Setup: So far we have been doing wave 3 with melee setup, with melee buffs my experience was leaden dmg was horrible. So I Savage blade entire time in wave 3.

2) Food: If you cant find altanas repast, the recommended food is oceanfin soup. Pdif is not capped most of the time, and acc is really important.

3) Acc: We used chaos and sam roll for other DDs, for cor this combo really, really test the quality of max acc tp set. Try to push unbuffed no food acc as close to 1300 as possible.

Alternatively you can probably ask brd to give prelude and shoot instead. But I didn't bother, so Im not sure if ranged attack would work better. Without prelude all my ranged attack in max racc set was whifffest, even in arma and devestating.

I dont have new dagger yet.

4) Tiered acc set: I needed high or even max acc set for all volte mobs, but on aurix and fetters I can hit in lowest acc set. so multiple tier of acc is definately recommended.

On wave 3 boss there's also a gap between sv song and no sv. Windy boss was extremely evasive at one point that I had to swap to max acc set.

In general, I would say one big thing of dps in wave 3 is how well a dd switch between acc tiers.

I also start to cycle in qd in qd stp set on cool down again, with how slow tp goes getting 1000 tp immediately with 2 ja use seems nice I guess?

5) resin augments: I recommend pdt -10% on tp back on everything except fetters. On fetter I recommend using mdt -10% tp back instead, since fetter also hurts. Status resist back seems meh since I haven't encounter horrible status ailment yet, except occassional debuff from blu and rdm mob. If blu or rdm mob pop, feel free to macro in meva and status resist back.

Some mobs can hurt, and fetter is kinda dangerous. If I swap in my current hybrid set its basically super whiff fest. I will probably work on a high acc hybrid set instead, since my current one is essentially useless on wave 3. if anyone has any recommendation on high acc hybrid set that would be great.

6) SJ: NIN as always. Wave 3 boss fight is really long, so hate will be capped at one point. In that case shadows help with surviability.

anyone else has experience or thoughts on playing cor in dyna wave 3?
 Quetzalcoatl.Langly
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Langly
By Quetzalcoatl.Langly 2018-07-11 21:54:25
Link | Citer | R

Found pretty much what you have said. Shooting for TP/+ Leaden isn't doing nearly anything beyond the statue portion of the run.

Afterwards it's Melee with Hep Sapara +1/Odium offhand. I only just now acquired a Blurred Knife +1 so I'll be happy to see how that fares.

My mid acc set puts me at ~1210 base acc before food buffs and debuffs on the mob, and that works for all but the evasive blue weapon'd mobs like THF RUN etc on wave 3.

The highest acc tier puts me at 1280 and that satisfies the evasive blue weapon'd mobs.

The Disjoined feels like it has zero evasion, as I can drop back down to my lowest set for quicker cycle time. My Savage Blades were avg'ing about 23k on the Disjoined. Our buffers were 1 brd (has everything) and 2 idris geo.

It really doesn't feel bad at all on Wave 3 as a COR to melee.
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-07-11 22:01:50
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Langly said: »
The Disjoined feels like it has zero evasion, as I can drop back down to my lowest set for quicker cycle time. My Savage Blades were avg'ing about 23k on the Disjoined. Our buffers were 1 brd (has everything) and 2 idris geo.

TFW you've asked for target dummies for years, and now you have them <.<;; 15 million hp and zero evasion, sounds like a test dummy to me lol.
By Afania 2018-07-11 22:09:15
Link | Citer | R

Found pretty much what you have said. Shooting for TP/+ Leaden isn't doing nearly anything beyond the statue portion of the run.

Afterwards it's Melee with Hep Sapara +1/Odium offhand. I only just now acquired a Blurred Knife +1 so I'll be happy to see how that fares.

My mid acc set puts me at ~1210 base acc before food buffs and debuffs on the mob, and that works for all but the evasive blue weapon'd mobs like THF RUN etc on wave 3.

The highest acc tier puts me at 1280 and that satisfies the evasive blue weapon'd mobs.

We probably used different buffs, since my lowest wasnt capped on galka and on taru I had to swap to max. Since taru uses daggee ws its probably a thf.
 Quetzalcoatl.Langly
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Langly
By Quetzalcoatl.Langly 2018-07-11 22:09:57
Link | Citer | R

I should be careful in saying 'zero evasion.' I get what you mean, but it's not like you can waltz in with 900 acc and slap it around. lol

Edit: This was the Disjoined Mithra in Jeuno
By Afania 2018-07-11 23:36:48
Link | Citer | R

Btw...

Blurred +1 should be really good for high acc tp set, due to the lack of ma.

Like wise da 10 on ambu back should be better than stp for high acc set too.

Tweaking a high acc hybrid set now, this is what I have atm
ItemSet 359980

Da10 and pdt-10 on ambu back.

Honesty dont like floral in there nor the lack of mdt. I feel its not defensive enough for magic attack if I got hit with spell or 2. But Im not sure what other good acc hybrid gears that Im missing.
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2018-07-11 23:46:28
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Honesty dont like floral in there nor the lack of mdt.

This is an odd statement, lol
By Afania 2018-07-11 23:48:55
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Kyte said: »
Quote:
Honesty dont like floral in there nor the lack of mdt.

This is an odd statement, lol

How so, lol.
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2018-07-11 23:50:04
Link | Citer | R

You don't like the gloves, but are concerned about a general lack of MDT. The gloves have MDT.
By Afania 2018-07-11 23:53:17
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Kyte said: »
You don't like the gloves, but are concerned about a general lack of MDT. The gloves have MDT.

*** my English skill, lol.

Maybe the right way to say it should be: I dont like the gloves, and this set doesn't have capped mdt(only 20%).
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2018-07-12 00:00:14
Link | Citer | R

If you can get Shellra V from a competent WHM, and have Sheltered Ring on during the cast, then you're capped.
[+]
By Afania 2018-07-12 03:23:20
Link | Citer | R

Another way is to get sexy new dagger I guess.....

Just checked, the acc in that set is only 1222ish, still at least 50 to 55 acc lower than max acc set. :S but I cant think of other good slot to sacrifice for even more acc.
By Nyarlko 2018-07-12 16:10:00
Link | Citer | R

Afania said: »

Just checked, the acc in that set is only 1222ish, still at least 50 to 55 acc lower than max acc set. :S but I cant think of other good slot to sacrifice for even more acc.

Someone's already reported that the "Song effect: Damage taken-%" on the BRD dagger does not function in offhand, so I'd say odds are good it works the same for COR. :( There go my dreams about COR+BRD dualwielding 2x to give a party DT-48%. orz

Would it be worthwhile to mainhand the new dagger currently, and would HQ1 be good enough to be worth trading in Savage Blade for Evisceration? If it's an HQ2-only thing, then it really doesn't seem practical at all to even consider it as a goal, at least until the augments are released.
By Afania 2018-07-12 16:13:29
Link | Citer | R

Nyarlko said: »

Someone's already reported that the "Song effect: Damage taken-%" on the BRD dagger does not function in offhand,

I already know, but 6 dt is 6 dt, if you think about it 6 is a lot. This gives cor full time 16 pdt or mdt in full dmg tp set full time, and caps pdt at 50 in hybrid.

That also means now cor needs a roll up pdt set and roll down pdt set, lol

Would it be worthwhile to mainhand the new dagger currently, and would HQ1 be good enough to be worth trading in Savage Blade for Evisceration?

No, not one single physical ws can come close to savages damage. evis is still less than half of savages dmg.

If it's an HQ2-only thing, then it really doesn't seem practical at all to even consider it as a goal

Still bis for racc and dt for roll is really seriously good, dead dd does no dps as always.
By Nyarlko 2018-07-12 22:30:54
Link | Citer | R

Someone's already reported that the "Song effect: Damage taken-%" on the BRD dagger does not function in offhand,

I already know, but 6 dt is 6 dt, if you think about it 6 is a lot. This gives cor full time 16 pdt or mdt in full dmg tp set full time, and caps pdt at 50 in hybrid.

That also means now cor needs a roll up pdt set and roll down pdt set, lol

Would it be worthwhile to mainhand the new dagger currently, and would HQ1 be good enough to be worth trading in Savage Blade for Evisceration?

No, not one single physical ws can come close to savages damage. evis is still less than half of savages dmg.

If it's an HQ2-only thing, then it really doesn't seem practical at all to even consider it as a goal

Still bis for racc and dt for roll is really seriously good, dead dd does no dps as always.

How does the HQ1 stack up tho against current mainhands and offhands for shooting? I don't think we've actually gotten confirmation that any of the stats on these things apply fully from offhand yet, but assuming they do, these should be the biggest chunks of racc we can get from melee weapon slots I believe. At least in regards to HQ1/HQ2.. I don't know wtf they were thinking with the NQs being on par or worse than tons of already available gear..
By Afania 2018-07-12 23:05:43
Link | Citer | R

Kustawi has better stats if you dont need that much racc.
By Boshi 2018-07-13 13:41:09
Link | Citer | R

The dagger's good, very good melee stats.
It loses 14matt from Hep Rapier +1, but gains 109mdmg and 50macc.

For ppl that keep track of the snapshot stuff better than I,
is 4 snap on the neck enough to change anything in any of the bis preshot sets?
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15 ... 121 122 123