Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » Luck of the Draw: A Corsair's Guide *NEW*
Luck of the Draw: A Corsair's Guide *NEW*
First Page 2 3 ... 115 116 117 ... 121 122 123
 Asura.Dexprozius
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Dexprozius 2023-05-02 21:25:15
Link | Citer | R

I'd argue the feet are the most must have in terms of what COR is used for in most endgame activities... boosting your BLM / SCH further is paramount. But like Bippin said, every piece is useful, even if only for a max Racc set
By Homsar 2023-05-06 03:45:33
Link | Citer | R

Been trying to do Ghatjot lately alternating Hot Shot and Aeolian. Hot Shot seems so inconsistent, ranging from 2k to 20k. I have almost BiS gear and am shooting with 1600 RACC. Can I do anything to make it more consistent?
 Odin.Creaucent
Serveur: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2023-05-06 07:29:40
Link | Citer | R

Homsar said: »
Been trying to do Ghatjot lately alternating Hot Shot and Aeolian. Hot Shot seems so inconsistent, ranging from 2k to 20k. I have almost BiS gear and am shooting with 1600 RACC. Can I do anything to make it more consistent?

Just do Savage Blade instead.
 Odin.Spccdog
user: spccdog
By Odin.Spccdog 2023-05-06 17:20:41
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Just do Savage Blade instead.
This right here.
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2023-05-10 13:00:14
Link | Citer | R

just want to drop this here and hopefully cause some chaos.....

The Prime Gun has a stat on it that says "Scavenge: Prime Bullet".

...does this mean COR will get Scavenge natively while wearing the gun, or will they miss out on this aspect of the weapon without going /RNG?
 Odin.Demhar
user: Demhar
By Odin.Demhar 2023-05-10 13:06:05
Link | Citer | R

could be a translation error...but I kinda laughed at it though
 Fenrir.Richybear
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2023-05-10 14:56:57
Link | Citer | R

They meant Scavange Blade. You do the same animation as Savage, but with a gun instead.
[+]
By Areaden 2023-05-14 23:22:23
Link | Citer | R

What is the best QD setups? Can you post your GS gear to view? I feel like I can be doing a lot more dmg.

sets.midcast.CorsairShot = {
head="Laksa. Tricorne +2",
body={ name="Lanun Frac +3", augments={'Enhances "Loaded Deck" effect',}},
hands="Meg. Gloves +2",
legs="Nyame Flanchard",
feet={ name="Lanun Bottes +3", augments={'Enhances "Wild Card" effect',}},
neck={ name="Comm. Charm +1", augments={'Path: A',}},
waist="Orpheus's Sash",
left_ear="Friomisi Earring",
right_ear="Hecate's Earring",
left_ring="Dingir Ring",
right_ring="Epaminondas's Ring",
back={ name="Camulus's Mantle", augments={'AGI+20','Mag. Acc+20 /Mag. Dmg.+20','Magic Damage +10','Weapon skill damage +10%',}},
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-05-15 00:00:13
Link | Citer | R

I think the conventional wisdom is to have at least 3 QD sets, one for macc (dark/light shot), one for STP when you want TP, and one with MAB for when you want do to damage with the QD.

That said, I've noticed QD typically does terrible damage regardless, unless the mob is Rayked and/or very weak to the element you're using. 3k would be an excellent QD in my experience, and you're unlikely to ever hit over ~10k except in the most exceptional scenarios. I always use an STP build for my shots because I don't care how much damage it does the vast majority of the time and without lua I can't be arsed to have two different macros for every single shot I want to use, one for MAB and one for STP.

All that said: don't use Epaminondas' Ring in your QD set, it only hurts you and doesn't help at all
 Asura.Asalith
user: Smegpot
By Asura.Asalith 2023-05-15 00:37:52
Link | Citer | R

Here's my STP/MAB QDs, I know the Empy boots don't have STP but the additional is nice most of the time and a minimal loss of STP.

sets.midcast.CorsairShot = {
ammo="Hauksbok Bullet",
head="Ikenga's Hat",
body="Lanun Frac +3",
hands="Carmine Fin. Ga. +1",
legs={ name="Herculean Trousers", augments={'Accuracy+17','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+23','Damage taken-1%','Accuracy+2 Attack+2','Mag. Acc.+16 "Mag.Atk.Bns."+16',}}, --Can get better DM Aug
feet="Chass. Bottes +3",
neck="Comm. Charm +2",
left_ear="Crematio Earring",
right_ear="Friomisi Earring",
left_ring="Fenrir Ring +1",
right_ring="Dingir Ring",
back={ name="Camulus's Mantle", augments={'AGI+20','Mag. Acc+20 /Mag. Dmg.+20','AGI+10','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+10',}},
waist="Skrymir Cord +1", -- Swaps to Orpheus's Sash when close
}

sets.midcast.CorsairShot.STP = {ammo="Hauksbok Bullet",
head="Malignance Chapeau",
body="Malignance Tabard",
hands="Malignance Gloves",
legs="Chas. Culottes +3",
feet="Chass. Bottes +3",
neck="Iskur Gorget",
left_ear="Dedition Earring",
right_ear="Telos Earring",
left_ring="Crepuscular Ring",
right_ring="Chirich Ring +1",
back={ name="Camulus's Mantle", augments={'AGI+20','Rng.Acc.+20 Rng.Atk.+20','Rng.Acc.+10','"Store TP"+10',}},
waist="Sweordfaetels +1",
}
By Gasho 2023-05-15 05:30:28
Link | Citer | R

hi

Is there an up to date best in slot preshot set for no buffs / flurry / flurry 2?
 Odin.Creaucent
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2023-05-15 06:44:38
Link | Citer | R

The ones in the guide are still up to date apart from the upgrade to Empy+2/3 head for flurry and flurry 2.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-05-15 08:17:55
Link | Citer | R

Gasho said: »
hi

Is there an up to date best in slot preshot set for no buffs / flurry / flurry 2?

This question was asked and answered on the page right before this, also.
By Shukudai 2023-05-18 17:51:01
Link | Citer | R

Returning player. Didn't play for about 9 or 10 years, been playing for about two months now.

What can I expect as an improvement in Leaden Salute damage from an R15 Death Penalty? For reference, I had a 90 Armageddon that I completed pretty quickly on return, R15'd it, and on Apex Eruca unbuffed from Wizard's Roll (but with Star Sybil trust), no food, I average around 22k @1000TP, about 5k damage for Quick Draw shots. No upgraded Nyame for any slots.

I'm aware of how good DP is overall, simply that Armageddon took almost no time to complete in comparison so I did that first. Curious about what the damage increased to Leaden Salute would be in that situation, so I can get a feel for how much stronger the WS will be, quasi-motivation to finish haul myself over the finish line for the Mythic process.
 Asura.Auxtaru
user: Auxtaru
By Asura.Auxtaru 2023-05-18 18:11:45
Link | Citer | R

Shukudai said: »
Returning player. Didn't play for about 9 or 10 years, been playing for about two months now.

What can I expect as an improvement in Leaden Salute damage from an R15 Death Penalty? For reference, I had a 90 Armageddon that I completed pretty quickly on return, R15'd it, and on Apex Eruca unbuffed from Wizard's Roll (but with Star Sybil trust), no food, I average around 22k @1000TP, about 5k damage for Quick Draw shots. No upgraded Nyame for any slots.

I'm aware of how good DP is overall, simply that Armageddon took almost no time to complete in comparison so I did that first. Curious about what the damage increased to Leaden Salute would be in that situation, so I can get a feel for how much stronger the WS will be, quasi-motivation to finish haul myself over the finish line for the Mythic process.

Just did some quick tests on Tiny Mandragora just outside of Windy with only Tactician's for TP - went at 1100.

Leaden Salute:
Arma r15 - 35 584
Death Penalty r15 - 47 619

Quickdraw (Just for good measure):
Arma r15 - 8 625
Death Penalty r15 - 10 880
 Asura.Lunafreya
user: Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2023-05-18 18:34:47
Link | Citer | R

The increase on Leaden from DP vs anything-not-DP is significant. That being said, DP is somewhat of a one trick pony. You will be doing physical damage much more often than magical as COR in the current meta. Not saying DP isn’t worth it, just keep the above in mind when organizing your priorities.
[+]
By Shukudai 2023-05-18 20:03:58
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Lunafreya said: »
The increase on Leaden from DP vs anything-not-DP is significant. That being said, DP is somewhat of a one trick pony. You will be doing physical damage much more often than magical as COR in the current meta. Not saying DP isn’t worth it, just keep the above in mind when organizing your priorities.

Would you say it's more important to R15 Fomal and wait 1-3 weeks (depending laziness) for getting DP and R15ing it?
By Shukudai 2023-05-18 20:07:04
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Auxtaru said: »

Just did some quick tests on Tiny Mandragora just outside of Windy with only Tactician's for TP - went at 1100.

Leaden Salute:
Arma r15 - 35 584
Death Penalty r15 - 47 619

Quickdraw (Just for good measure):
Arma r15 - 8 625
Death Penalty r15 - 10 880

I assume those numbers are higher because you're using Tiny Mandies, but that's still a significant percentage on Leaden. From that, I'd expect at least a 6-10K increase on relevant mobs.

Bahamut.Celebrindal
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2023-05-18 20:08:17
Link | Citer | R

Would you say it's more important to R15 Fomal and wait 1-3 weeks (depending laziness) for getting DP and R15ing it?

I'd stop both and do Arma.
[+]
 Asura.Lunafreya
user: Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2023-05-18 20:20:47
Link | Citer | R

Just my opinion - if you’re considering doing DP and eventually Arma I wouldn’t even bother with R15 Fomal.

And Cele isn’t wrong - Arma is a great “all purpose” option, especially at R15.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Shukudai 2023-05-18 21:02:23
Link | Citer | R

Just my opinion - if you’re considering doing DP and eventually Arma I wouldn’t even bother with R15 Fomal.

And Cele isn’t wrong - Arma is a great “all purpose” option, especially at R15.

Eh, a huge chunk of the reason I came back was to have fun maxing out COR. I'm aware of how great Arma can be in many circumstances, but it's not *all*. I thought it would be a six month plus project until I realized how much money you make per month from Ambu + Odyssey. Once I was able to join Ambu/Odyssey groups, it's like the game rains gil on you, so DP R15 isn't that insane to get except for the time. Plus, I've got like half of it done already.
By Shukudai 2023-05-18 21:09:10
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Moonja said: »
I have made three Death Penalty over the years. Have never been disappointed. I use it daily.

I have recently made an Armageddon as well on my main. It’s not quite R15 yet and I don’t COR often on her. I imagine I don’t play the events where I would use it.

I can say Fomalhaut just sits there. :p

Most of the time I’m pretty good about doing sortie daily and I use expiacion > leaden to wreck lots of the stuff I kill. Otherwise, Naegling it up. :)

I felt I needed the Fomal for the bullets to make Arma more effective, but at the same time to a lesser extent the same is true of DP's Living Bullets. And who knows what Earp is going to bring next week (or how long that could take).

That said, making *three* DPs is nuts. The other REMA processes are so much quicker lol. It's the 50 Assaults that gets me and the ones that are annoyingly difficult to solo, which is what I prefer to do.
 Asura.Essylt
user: quro
By Asura.Essylt 2023-05-18 23:55:10
Link | Citer | R

In my experience, getting Fomalhaut to R15 is 100% a vanity project. If your resources are limited, you'll get a much higher ROI by upgrading DP or Arma. If you intend to play any of the current endgame content (Odyssey, specifically), I'd prioritize Arma over DP.

That being said, depending on how good the WS is, Earp might end up being the superior option for physical damage on COR (assuming it doesn't take a lifetime to obtain).
By Afania 2023-05-19 02:37:50
Link | Citer | R

About the value of each gun.....it really depends on if you play rng, and the content that you do on cor imo.

Arma is much stronger on rng when you shoot, on cor it's weaker. Even though on paper arma is still stronger than fomal with am3, in practice any mistake made on am3 management may lower it's dps enough to be equal to fomal. Unlike rng it isn't THAT game changing on /ra cor imo.

If you plan to play rng, arma may be worth it. If you don't then I feel it's value lowers a bit. Keep in mind that Cele has rng but I don't so our perspective on arma may be different...:p

As mostly a solo/lowman player who doesn't have any alt to buff me, I find DP very, very valuable. Leaden 4 step is deadly against anything that is weak to leaden. Anytime I need to farm an NM or mob, leaden 4 step kills them quickly and saves tons of headache and danger.

In past 10 years Ive used it on many things, from farming pulse weapon NM efficiently and quickly, to farm EP in early master level, to solo dyna D/sortie....or random weak to leaden NM here and there....

And since it's multi-step, several thousand dmg difference can be huge on closing SC just saying. :p

If you have alt to buff or don't solo that much on cor your perspective may change though. For me dp is one of the most used weapon besides TP bonus gun, I use dp way more than arma personally.
By zixxer 2023-05-19 05:39:31
Link | Citer | R

Looks like there's a lot of good suggestions here already but I'll go over what I use for the content that I'm allowed to go Cor on.

DP:
sortie: Leadens for creating or closing darkness skillchains. Leaden Botulus.
segs: Leaden Salute crabs, pugils, Praetor(darkness sc), and Lotanu.
EDIT: Required for some ambu months.

Fomal:
sortie: Helping extend lights via AM and Last Stands.
Hotshot some of the bosses. WF darkness spam on B and F boss.

segs: Hotshot bats, skeles, colibri, qutrubs, puks, bombs. These can often oneshot or with the right gear and buffs can cap damage.
Last stand on Lamias.

odyssey bosses: Last stand/detonator Arebati, Xevioso.

I didn't feel the need to work on Arma. Hope this helps. :)
[+]
By Shukudai 2023-05-19 20:00:35
Link | Citer | R

Afania said: »
About the value of each gun.....it really depends on if you play rng, and the content that you do on cor imo.

Arma is much stronger on rng when you shoot, on cor it's weaker. Even though on paper arma is still stronger than fomal with am3, in practice any mistake made on am3 management may lower it's dps enough to be equal to fomal. Unlike rng it isn't THAT game changing on /ra cor imo.

If you plan to play rng, arma may be worth it. If you don't then I feel it's value lowers a bit. Keep in mind that Cele has rng but I don't so our perspective on arma may be different...:p

As mostly a solo/lowman player who doesn't have any alt to buff me, I find DP very, very valuable. Leaden 4 step is deadly against anything that is weak to leaden. Anytime I need to farm an NM or mob, leaden 4 step kills them quickly and saves tons of headache and danger.

In past 10 years Ive used it on many things, from farming pulse weapon NM efficiently and quickly, to farm EP in early master level, to solo dyna D/sortie....or random weak to leaden NM here and there....

And since it's multi-step, several thousand dmg difference can be huge on closing SC just saying. :p

If you have alt to buff or don't solo that much on cor your perspective may change though. For me dp is one of the most used weapon besides TP bonus gun, I use dp way more than arma personally.

For me, I'm almost entirely a solo player. I've avoided joining an LS even - I did that for years, always top level endgame LS (granted, almost a decade ago). I'll join shouts for things like segment farming or Sortie (sometimes, if I really want to upgrade something ASAP).

But given that I was maybe 15% on completing a DP when I returned, and 50% complete an Arma, I did the Arma first. It's Leadens' aren't bad but they're not DP level Leadens, but on most things Wildfire > Wildfire spam (if not resistant) does just fine and I never get hate off trusts (I'm not doing an alt and multiboxing again).

There's no *doubt* that I'll get a DP, it's just about prioritization at this point. Like, I have 9000 Voidwatch stones, and farming tons of things, DP isn't this drastic increase in kill speed. Since I don't have one, I was curious about how much a difference it really does make overall outside the places it's obviously top (and I'm not doing Odyssey v20s and stuff, at most I'm in the basement in Sortie). If I had an alt to buff, like a GEO alt, I think that would make a dif, but I don't.

It's just about enjoying playing COR :)

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By zixxer 2023-05-20 06:36:31
Link | Citer | R

It's just about enjoying playing COR :)

I actually leveled cor for mission/quest related stuff due to bolters roll. Had so much fun with the job and was amazed with it's potential, I took it all the way.
By Shukudai 2023-05-22 13:59:31
Link | Citer | R

Is it normal to get turned down for PUGs for Sortie/Odyssey because you don't have a DP? Seems odd, especially when there's buffs to enhance Leaden. Is it just "I know DP makes Leaden Strong, I want that."? I've only done Sortie in a group about 7-8 times now, but whenever Leaden or WF is required, there's... no problem killing the mob? Especially if there's a GEO in there. Or is there something I've not encountered that requires DP to make an entire setup work for a specific purpose in Sortie or something?
First Page 2 3 ... 115 116 117 ... 121 122 123