Luck Of The Draw: A Corsair's Guide *NEW*

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » Luck of the Draw: A Corsair's Guide *NEW*
Luck of the Draw: A Corsair's Guide *NEW*
First Page 2 3 ... 108 109 110 ... 121 122 123
By Homsar 2022-08-20 22:48:35
Link | Citer | R

Anyone know if +2 Body enhances Tact Roll any further?

Edit: Turns out it doesn't. SE is a bunch of *** crooks.
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-08-21 03:10:11
Link | Citer | R

Homsar said: »
Anyone know if +2 Body enhances Tact Roll any further?

Edit: Turns out it doesn't. SE is a bunch of *** crooks.

I think empy armor bonuses to various rolls is simply same mechanic as bonuses from having an matching job in your party for other rolls. So having those items just simulate having job for bonus and the bonus is static. So they can't really boost this bonus for only +2 and not for +1, unless they change mechanic completely. I might be mistaken tho.
 Asura.Cariko
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Kariko
By Asura.Cariko 2022-08-21 03:53:12
Link | Citer | R

The technology just isn't there.
[+]
By Afania 2022-08-21 06:19:31
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sensarity said: »
Afania said: »

Wanted to add that Sibyl Scarf should be the best neck I think.

Karieyh Ring +1 + epa should be the best ring combo if you pick it as SOA reward. R15 Metamorph Ring +1/epa is second best though, so nothing wrong to use it.

Are you sure that 10 INT 10 MAB would beat 25 MDamage 7 MAB? (Sibyl vs Commodore +2)

If you have doubt, feel free to test it in game. There is always a chance that "forum answers" are wrong :p. Regardless of the question, better to find the answers without relying on outside help anyways.
[+]
 Asura.Lunafreya
user: Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2022-08-31 09:08:15
Link | Citer | R

Dusting off my COR for the first time in a long while. How much have Leaden sets changed with ranked Nyame? Assuming Hands/Legs with Relic Feet/Body and Pixie for the main slots?
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2022-08-31 10:12:56
Link | Citer | R

That's pretty much it yes. Empy +2 didn't shake that up any. R25 Path B Nyame Helm is fairly close to Pixie Hairpin +1 in situations where you might want a bit more macc.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2022-08-31 10:21:22
Link | Citer | R

Wanted to add that Sibyl Scarf should be the best neck I think.

Karieyh Ring +1 + epa should be the best ring combo if you pick it as SOA reward. R15 Metamorph Ring +1/epa is second best though, so nothing wrong to use it.

Are you sure that 10 INT 10 MAB would beat 25 MDamage 7 MAB? (Sibyl vs Commodore +2)

If you have doubt, feel free to test it in game. There is always a chance that "forum answers" are wrong :p. Regardless of the question, better to find the answers without relying on outside help anyways.

In terms of base damage, 25 MDMG should slightly beat out 10 INT at max TP, which is most favorable to int. 10 INT should add roughly 18 + 5 damage (23) to the base.

That's probably close enough that the extra 3 matk on sibyl scarf should beat neck.
By qe58hmr 2022-09-01 23:38:37
Link | Citer | R

if i have only access to odyssey R0 gear should i stick with the first page sets? i checked the last 20 pages everyone posting sets that needs R25, if the first page sets outdated please post sets for base odyssey gear so i can aim for and thank you in advance
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2022-09-02 00:32:47
Link | Citer | R

Wanted to add that Sibyl Scarf should be the best neck I think

Come on, man... YOU are the one who suggested Sibyl, so you're basically just saying "test it yourself maybe I'm wrong".

Anyway, I just went out and quickly tested my set @3k TP and Commodore +2 (R25) was significantly better than Sibyl without any MAB buffs - ~2.5% improvement using +2 neck. I don't have any R25 Nyame though, so my set uses Pixie +1, Lanun +3 body/feet, Carmine +1 hands, and a good Herc Legs (AGI+11 MAB/Macc+12 WSD+8% augs).

But like Afania said, test it yourself with your own gear XD
By Afania 2022-09-02 03:34:29
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »

Wanted to add that Sibyl Scarf should be the best neck I think

Come on, man... YOU are the one who suggested Sibyl, so you're basically just saying "test it yourself maybe I'm wrong".

No, what I was trying to say is that if you really care about optimizing, expecting a quick and easy answer on forums from other "forum experts" isn't the best way. Because people on forums are known to be wrong all the time. So it's better to teach people how to fish than giving them fish. :P

Just FYI, before I obtain my scarf I did the math to ensure scarf should be better. Also tested it after I got it before I put it in the set. So I was fairly certain the answer is correct after checking it twice. But the guy still has doubt so what else do you expect me to say lol.

Also like you said, buff may change things etc.

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »

Anyway, I just went out and quickly tested my set @3k TP and Commodore +2 (R25) was significantly better than Sibyl without any MAB buffs - ~2.5% improvement using +2 neck. I don't have any R25 Nyame though, so my set uses Pixie +1, Lanun +3 body/feet, Carmine +1 hands, and a good Herc Legs (AGI+11 MAB/Macc+12 WSD+8% augs).

The guy asked for AE, not leaden. If you use leaden of course scarf will lose :p.

qe58hmr said: »
if i have only access to odyssey R0 gear should i stick with the first page sets?

For Nyame Yes. :) Ikenga is good enough for shooting even in r0.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2022-09-02 03:37:30
Link | Citer | R

The guy asked for AE, not leaden.
Ohhhh that explains things. Well! Looks like that was my mistake. Um... carry on. XD
 Bahamut.Jackflashh
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Kido
By Bahamut.Jackflashh 2022-09-02 22:38:53
Link | Citer | R

Hey all, just picking up Cor and attempting to find quality Lua.

Anyone using Arislan's Cor lua, or an updated version of it? I realize they don't play anymore, and thus the luas are no longer being supported, but trying to see if anyone has tried using them recently or found any issues that need updating?
By fillerbunny9 2022-09-02 22:49:52
Link | Citer | R

it should work fine, though I think you need GearInfo for the Haste tracking, either remove his augmented gears or copy his format to your own library file, and need to hash out the global binds that say OK to Remove
 Asura.Auxtaru
user: Auxtaru
By Asura.Auxtaru 2022-09-05 08:57:59
Link | Citer | R

Regarding the Aeolian Edge discussion, I did some tests a little while back. Base set - all Nyame R25, I need to use the 10 dyes for 30INT instead of 20INT on cape though. Weapons are Rostam/Tauret/TP Gun.

Darksday, Entry level Mandragora, no buffs.

sets.precast.WS['Aeolian Edge'] = {
ammo="Hauksbok Bullet",
head={ name="Nyame Helm", augments={'Path: B',}},
body={ name="Lanun Frac +3", augments={'Enhances "Loaded Deck" effect',}},
hands={ name="Nyame Gauntlets", augments={'Path: B',}},
legs={ name="Nyame Flanchard", augments={'Path: B',}},
feet={ name="Lanun Bottes +3", augments={'Enhances "Wild Card" effect',}},
neck={ name="Comm. Charm +2", augments={'Path: A',}},
waist="Orpheus's Sash",
left_ear={ name="Moonshade Earring", augments={'Accuracy+4','TP Bonus +250',}},
right_ear="Friomisi Earring",
left_ring="Epaminondas's Ring",
right_ring="Dingir Ring",
back={ name="Camulus's Mantle", augments={'INT+20','Mag. Acc+20 /Mag. Dmg.+20','Weapon skill damage +10%',}},
}

Base set - 18 620

Baetyl Pendant (+6 mATk, -25 mAcc, -25 mDmg) - 18 712

Sibyl Scarf (+3 mAtk, +10 INT, -25 mAcc, -25 mDmg) - 18 709

I am personally inclined to keep the base set for the mAcc boost.
 Asura.Buffyslyph
By Asura.Buffyslyph 2022-09-05 12:31:59
Link | Citer | R

Do I make any changes? All Nyame is R20. I'm wondering about Nyame Body in particular for Leaden

Leaden Salute

Savage Blade (Anarchy in ranged slot):
By Vaerix 2022-09-05 16:34:43
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Buffyslyph said: »
Do I make any changes? All Nyame is R20. I'm wondering about Nyame Body in particular for Leaden

Leaden Salute

I know most sets have the code written in closer to the bottom, but make sure you get the hachirin obi made, and Orpheus could be good as well (usually in codes for distance/weather referencing). Also your leaden back needs to Needle (dye) from magic damage to AGI. (This helps quick draw as well so don't think you need a new back).

For Savage I believe Sroda would be perfect if you can cap attack (very usual given the prevalence of super buff strategy and naegling synergy).

Just a couple things I saw.
 Asura.Asalith
user: Smegpot
By Asura.Asalith 2022-09-06 01:31:42
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Buffyslyph said: »

Leaden Salute

Leaden set looks good, might be worth swapping the MAtk on the cape to AGI.

For Savage there's a few swaps I'd make, even with R20 Nyame:
Body to Nyame - Laksa has no attack or acc, also the DT is always nice on WS.
Neck to Republican Platinum Medal - you'll lose 5STR but gain 30 attack.
Boots to Nyame - this one is debatable but as the relic don't have attack, I prefer Nyame (plus DT is nice).
Right ring to either Karieyh or Sroda.

One big thing to remember is that COR is most of the time attack starved, squeezing attack onto every piece you can is really important- unless you have SV/CC or Bolster fury/frailty, you're likely not at attack cap for i135+ content.
 Cerberus.Echohawk
user: echohawk
By Cerberus.Echohawk 2022-09-06 22:22:41
Link | Citer | R

I see a lot people use and recommend Tauret OH for things like melee leaden, wildfire, and aeolian edge, but I never understood why it gets chosen over something like Demersal Degen+1. I'm sure the MAB and Magic damage are nice, but wouldn't the OAT win out in overall damage due to increased WS frequency?
By SimonSes 2022-09-07 03:18:14
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Echohawk said: »
I see a lot people use and recommend Tauret OH for things like melee leaden, wildfire, and aeolian edge, but I never understood why it gets chosen over something like Demersal Degen+1. I'm sure the MAB and Magic damage are nice, but wouldn't the OAT win out in overall damage due to increased WS frequency?

If you melee for TP then it might be.
If you triple shot, obviously it wont.
By SimonSes 2022-09-07 03:27:22
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Asalith said: »
One big thing to remember is that COR is most of the time attack starved, squeezing attack onto every piece you can is really important- unless you have SV/CC or Bolster fury/frailty, you're likely not at attack cap for i135+ content.

You shouldnt be on worse position than most jobs (assuming you will just use 5/5 nyame and Republican medal). COR might not have high native attack, but it's a Naegling Savage build we are talking about. Naegling has attack boost and sword on COR has relatively low pDIF cap. On top of that COR uses almost no PDL beside ring(3%), while most other jobs uses ring+neck+ammo(16%) as minimum, so COR requires relatively much less attack to cap.
 Asura.Asalith
user: Smegpot
By Asura.Asalith 2022-09-07 05:25:29
Link | Citer | R

SimonSes said: »

You shouldnt be on worse position than most jobs (assuming you will just use 5/5 nyame and Republican medal). COR might not have high native attack, but it's a Naegling Savage build we are talking about. Naegling has attack boost and sword on COR has relatively low pDIF cap. On top of that COR uses almost no PDL beside ring(3%), while most other jobs uses ring+neck+ammo(16%) as minimum, so COR requires relatively much less attack to cap.

Regardless of other jobs, in Odyssey Sheol C, unless I have crooked 11 Chaos (crooked lucky won't cap it) and soul voice on COR; I am not hitting the attack cap. I can't rely on hitting 11 crooked chaos and Soul Voice at all times, therefore, COR needs all the attack it can get.
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-09-07 05:40:32
Link | Citer | R

Regardless of other jobs, in Odyssey Sheol C, unless I have crooked 11 Chaos (crooked lucky won't cap it) and soul voice on COR; I am not hitting the attack cap. I can't rely on hitting 11 crooked chaos and Soul Voice at all times, therefore, COR needs all the attack it can get.

Pretty sure we had this discussion not so long ago and I posted numbers for it. It's indeed kinda like you say, but thats also because you generally dont use any def down on those mobs. Diaga or Tenebral Crush change things a lot there. So yeah for high level trash mobs you are on the edge of capping depends on chaos roll, but if it's anything that you have time to cast at least DiaII and/or def. down, it's much easier.

I still agree with all slot changes you suggested + Nyame feet R20+ instead of Lanun too, because +1STR +4MND and +56 attack is much better imo than 2%WSD (just 5/5 Nyame R20+ in short).
By Afania 2022-09-07 06:51:08
Link | Citer | R

Diaga or Tenebral Crush

Why would anybody gear for these things in a C run lol. Regardless of your numbers, Unless you run with specific people all the time knowing they'll do this beforehand, suggesting people gear for capped attack in Odyssey C is dumb as ***. In real gameplay maybe out of 10 pt that I join, I cap attack maybe 0.5 times on F1 only.

Carry an attack capped WS set if you want. But telling people asking for forum advice, who probably don't know how to identify whether they are attack capped or not in real gameplay pretty much just push them gear incorrectly.

For Savage there's a few swaps I'd make, even with R20 Nyame:
Body to Nyame - Laksa has no attack or acc, also the DT is always nice on WS.
Neck to Republican Platinum Medal - you'll lose 5STR but gain 30 attack.
Boots to Nyame - this one is debatable but as the relic don't have attack, I prefer Nyame (plus DT is nice).
Right ring to either Karieyh or Sroda.

Should be using regal if discussing attack uncapped sets.
By SimonSes 2022-09-07 07:52:42
Link | Citer | R

Why would anybody gear for these things in a C run lol. Regardless of your numbers, Unless you run with specific people all the time knowing they'll do this beforehand, suggesting people gear for capped attack in Odyssey C is dumb as ***. In real gameplay maybe out of 10 pt that I join, I cap attack maybe 0.5 times on F1 only.

Carry an attack capped WS set if you want. But telling people asking for forum advice, who probably don't know how to identify whether they are attack capped or not in real gameplay pretty much just push them gear incorrectly.

Why exactly are you coming out of nowhere and scream at people.. :roleyes:

Who tells people to carry attack capped sets lol? We havent mentioned any attack capped pieces.. Even better, we suggested exactly the opposite (Nyame with attack, instead of af/relic without it).

We were discussing viability of attack cap on 135lv mobs and C runs were mentioned as example, but we haven't discussed any attack capped gear that should be used because of this. No idea why you raging seriously.

In real gameplay maybe out of 10 pt that I join, I cap attack maybe 0.5 times on F1 only.

Now you are trying to force your personal experience as some kind of a standard? You should be easily capped for at least half of C run from SV songs + chaos.

Why would anybody gear for these things in a C run lol.

None said ANYTHING about gearing for that. I mentioned this in general as something that can be used against higher level mobs (because again C runs was just an example, but we havent discussed C runs specifically) to make capping attack more viable on COR without the need of SV songs or GEO.

Should be using regal if discussing attack uncapped sets.

Sroda and Regal are break even (assuming no Trusts) for uncapped attack (sheet even shows marginal win for Sroda I think), so Sroda can be full timed regardless of attack capped or not for Savage, unless your are also not acc capped, but that would be rare.
[+]
 Bahamut.Belkin
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2022-09-07 08:23:28
Link | Citer | R

You are exhausting.
[+]
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2022-09-07 08:25:33
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
suggesting people gear for capped attack in Odyssey C is dumb as ***.
I know a lot of people who carry attack capped sets(PDL+) for Odyssey, I do for COR.

Shrug if I have SV 3x minuet 1x etude, and chaos roll, which is about 20 out of the 30 minutes, seems like a no brainer to me
[+]
By Afania 2022-09-07 08:52:30
Link | Citer | R

Why exactly are you coming out of nowhere and scream at people

I'm screaming? Lol okay...Idk how my text make sounds but whatever you heard sir.

We were discussing viability of attack cap on 135lv mobs

There is one guy who said "cor is attack starved without geo in newer content" which is 100% correct as a gearing philosophy.

If you are doing higher lv content and don't have geo, and you aren't sure about what to wear atm because you haven't engage yet, then attack uncapped set is more likely to be correct than not.

Any other info beyond that, like "this shouldn't happen with SV/diaga/T.crush" pretty much just confuses people struggling to understand what to wear.

Now you are trying to force your personal experience as some kind of a standard?

I don't think my personal experience is always the standard. If someone is struggling to understand what to gear, the easy answer is often "assume attack is uncapped" because it's least likely to go wrong.

I joined dozens of different groups btw, not just one. If ALL of these groups are tough to cap attack, then I find it tough to believe that attack capped is the standard for these runs.

Feel free to post WS avg parses in your runs to prove me wrong then I'll change my stance. Until then I highly doubt attack capping is the norm, personally.

You should be easily capped for at least half of C run from SV songs + chaos.

If the best scenerio is half the run is capped(IF SV even caps it on F4), then such scenerio shouldn't be default.

None said ANYTHING about gearing for that.

I mentioned this in general as something that can be used against

what's the point for that?

This is gearing advice discussion. If you aren't participating in gearing advice, only care to discuss the possibility of capping attack as part of the general strategy, then it doesn't really belong, and there is a chance that it may confuse people reading the discussion only looking for gearing advice. Since the goal of gearing advice thread is to teach people how to fish. General strategy is pt leader's job.

I'd rather tell people switch to attack capped sets based on their actual dmg dealt in this case. That would have been a more useful gearing advice IMO.

If you are doing higher lv content without a geo, assume the attack is uncapped at first but be prepared to change if it's in fact capped. I think that's the general gearing philosophy cor should follow unless it's proven wrong with parses.
By Afania 2022-09-07 08:55:43
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Toralin said: »
Quote:
suggesting people gear for capped attack in Odyssey C is dumb as ***.
I know a lot of people who carry attack capped sets(PDL+) for Odyssey, I do for COR.

I didn't said "don't carry", I said "don't default". That's not the same.
By SimonSes 2022-09-07 12:38:33
Link | Citer | R

and there is a chance that it may confuse people reading the discussion only looking for gearing advice

The only person confused is you so far.
Gearing for PDL could maybe be discussed further. I was trying first to understand what scenario we are talking about and in general I suggested to gear toward attack (Nyame over relic/af), so I gave gear advices that person was looking for.

Since the goal of gearing advice thread is to teach people how to fish.
You only seems to try to teach people how to make slap contest on forum.
what's the point for that?
Do I need to have a point right away? Maybe I was just trying to talk and see what will come out of it. Again you bombarded it like always and created another situation where I need to quote you and try to use arguments and after 1 page I wont even remember why Im doing this. You know what,.. *** it I just won't. I will just ignore you and stop wasting my time.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 108 109 110 ... 121 122 123