FFXI HD Mods

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Dat Modding » FFXI HD Mods
FFXI HD Mods
First Page 2 3 ... 20 21 22 ... 46 47 48
By Bmitch 2019-02-04 22:44:32
Link | Citer | R

Hmm, wasn't sure where to stick this as its own topic so i'll put it here for now.
Was wondering if anyone might have Devifox's Dat collection. I thought i had it on one of my old laptops harddrives but alas not and i can't find anywhere online :/

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Sylph.Darkside
Serveur: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Kensai98
By Sylph.Darkside 2019-02-06 20:06:50
Link | Citer | R

Anyone else having an issue where the zones load only black screens? When I am multiboxing 3 or 4 characters will be fine zoning into the HD zones and then 1 or 2 will get nothing but blackness. I can see character models and npcs but cant move. Curious if anyone had this issue and knows of a fix. I really like the HD looks but wont sacrifice having to continuously log characters for it.
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/511547531537416220/542467644381462595/image0.jpg
 Sylph.Wasenshi
user: Senshi
By Sylph.Wasenshi 2019-02-06 20:59:45
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Darkside said: »
Anyone else having an issue where the zones load only black screens? When I am multiboxing 3 or 4 characters will be fine zoning into the HD zones and then 1 or 2 will get nothing but blackness. I can see character models and npcs but cant move. Curious if anyone had this issue and knows of a fix. I really like the HD looks but wont sacrifice having to continuously log characters for it.
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/511547531537416220/542467644381462595/image0.jpg
I think we figured the issue is with FFXI limiting vram usage to 1GB max. I believe someone said this can be increased through a file edit with dgvoodoo
By Bmitch 2019-02-06 21:39:37
Link | Citer | R

kireek said: »
Bmitch said: »
Hmm, wasn't sure where to stick this as its own topic so i'll put it here for now.
Was wondering if anyone might have Devifox's Dat collection. I thought i had it on one of my old laptops harddrives but alas not and i can't find anywhere online :/

Try nekosentai

Yea, i tried there, thats where i originally got it from im pretty sure but can't find it again :/
 Sylph.Darkside
By Sylph.Darkside 2019-02-06 23:12:46
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Wasenshi said: »
I think we figured the issue is with FFXI limiting vram usage to 1GB max. I believe someone said this can be increased through a file edit with dgvoodoo
dgvoodoo only goes to 1024 from what I can tell. I reinstalled that then to. give it a shot.

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Neyochimaru
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Neyochi
By Ragnarok.Neyochimaru 2019-02-07 05:44:03
Link | Citer | R

If it were accurate, I wouldn't even care that you said it.

However.

That is not true. The black screen with visible players has NOTHING to do with it being amelilas mods or any other mod specifically.
I get that you mean well, by trying to limit mod size, and it's future problems that may come from sizes getting out of hand, but it's starting to sound like you're waiting for someone to ask about a problem, and then attributing it to amelilas. (It SEEMS this way. it may not be that way. that's just my opinion.)

I have been getting that black screen issue a couple of times a week for around 2 years now.

I didn't start modding my textures, or using overhauled dat mods like amelilas until october of 2018.

Amelilas mods DO cause it to happen far more often i think though, for the reasons you stated. which sucks :(
 Asura.Saevel
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2019-02-07 07:48:55
Link | Citer | R

That's your graphics drivers not liking something FFXI is doing. Assuming you have dgVodoo, do you also have ReShade? Does this appear on every instance or only when your running your own party? Also what kind of graphics card do you have and what is the resolution for each of your instances?
 Sylph.Darkside
By Sylph.Darkside 2019-02-07 09:27:02
Link | Citer | R

kireek said: »

This is an issue just with Amelilas mods, mainly because his mods are huge (mainly talking about jeuno, gusta and reisen).

Turn bump mapping off, bump mapping requires a lot of extra textures to be loaded (textures that control the bump mapping system, you can't see them). If you turn it off they aren't loaded and it saves ram. The problem isn't how much ram you have, it's how much ram ffxi is capped at using.

Amelilas textures are visually great but his mods are way too big and seem to be getting bigger with every release. If you still have problems with his mods after turning off bump mapping I can make smaller versions of them to fix it.

Asura.Saevel said: »

That's your graphics drivers not liking something FFXI is doing. Assuming you have dgVodoo, do you also have ReShade? Does this appear on every instance or only when your running your own party? Also what kind of graphics card do you have and what is the resolution for each of your instances?
Kireek - I will double check to see if my bump mapping is on or off when I get home. I just turned dgvoodoo back on as I just built a new pc. I didnt have the issues with the last one I was using whatsoever. I attributed it to being a new gpu not liking it. I will certainly give that a shot.

Saevel, it's very strange. it doesnt happen everytime, sometimes I have no issues at all. I could load all 4 or 5 characters with no issues but every like 15th or 20th time it just gives me the middle finger. My buddy was having the same issue and I just assumed it just a glitch. It only happens in the larger zones like lower jeuno or reisen. I am now using a RTX 2080ti and I just turned dgvoodoo back on last night and i have reshade but haven't messed with it. All instances are running full screen 2560x1440. I didn't think that would be a problem since I was able to run the same characters on my laptop and didnt have this issue. The card in that is the AMD equivalant of the GTX 1050. I cant recall the name off the top of my head.

I will give the bump mapping a try and make sure I have dgvoodoo set correctly and go from there.

Thanks for the assist! Keep you posted if there continues to be issues.

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Darkside
By Sylph.Darkside 2019-02-07 10:02:45
Link | Citer | R

Appreciate the quick responses! As soon as I get home from work I will give this a shot. Crossing fingers!
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-02-07 11:51:25
Link | Citer | R

Darkside you are pushing well beyond your capabilities rynning 4-6 instances at 1440p. You are likely running out of texture memory at the DirextX layer and it's loading 0s in place of textures. Amelia's mods make the game look great but eat up more graphics resources. By themselves its not a big deal but combined with dgVoodoo and your into several GB worth of data.
 Sylph.Darkside
By Sylph.Darkside 2019-02-07 12:32:52
Link | Citer | R

What would you recommend? Run a few at smaller resolutions? Just run the game straight up? I should be home in a few hours just trying to gather up a few plans of attack. Thanks.
 Asura.Akaden
By Asura.Akaden 2019-02-07 13:20:06
Link | Citer | R

dgvoodoo only goes to 1024 from what I can tell. I reinstalled that then to. give it a shot.
dgvoodoo writes a text file into the folder, inside the text file is a human-readable and editable value for the vram setting. I tripled it from 1024 on my gtx1070. Could have gone higher, but it didn't seem to change anything so I stopped at 3x.
[+]
 Sylph.Darkside
By Sylph.Darkside 2019-02-08 09:16:43
Link | Citer | R

Turns out I was running the game with the bump mapping. I turned that off. So far so good. I pretty much zoned in and out of Reisenjima for about 15 min straight on all of my characters running and no issues.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-02-08 09:37:54
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Akaden said: »
dgvoodoo writes a text file into the folder, inside the text file is a human-readable and editable value for the vram setting. I tripled it from 1024 on my gtx1070. Could have gone higher, but it didn't seem to change anything so I stopped at 3x.

You can put in whatever you want but the d3d8.dll that dgVodooo use's will only allocate up to 1GB of virtual graphics memory. This is more of a DX8 issue. The actual reason that value exists in the first place is that some DX8 and below games have issues if they see too much graphics memory is available. Back then 256MB cards were nice. FFXI is a DX8 game at it's heart, and no matter how much we spruce it up we still got to live with those limitations.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-02-08 09:39:19
Link | Citer | R

What would you recommend? Run a few at smaller resolutions? Just run the game straight up? I should be home in a few hours just trying to gather up a few plans of attack. Thanks.

What I so is run one Windower Profile is full resolution with all the stuff turned on, then have a separate profile for my other characters that's running a lower resolution without SSAA, Bump Mapping and with ReShade turned off.
 Asura.Akaden
By Asura.Akaden 2019-02-08 09:57:45
Link | Citer | R

You can put in whatever you want but the d3d8.dll that dgVodooo use's will only allocate up to 1GB of virtual graphics memory. This is more of a DX8 issue. The actual reason that value exists in the first place is that some DX8 and below games have issues if they see too much graphics memory is available. Back then 256MB cards were nice. FFXI is a DX8 game at it's heart, and no matter how much we spruce it up we still got to live with those limitations.

Hmm. I can't explain the incredible boost to load times then. The only thing I changed is VRAM and changing back brings back the long load times.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-02-08 10:04:27
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Akaden said: »

Hmm. I can't explain the incredible boost to load times then. The only thing I changed is VRAM and changing back brings back the long load times.

FFXI doesn't approach the 1GB limit even with Amelia's mod. When I get a chance I can poke around the process. This might be a driver side issue and those are really annoying to diagnose. Do you have ReShade loaded? Remember the VRAM limit is a per-instance limit, each running instance of FFXI would see 1GB of "max available graphics memory". All it does is tell the program what it's memory limit is to fix issues with some older programs breaking when seeing the entire memory available to the system.
 Carbuncle.Chevalierkraken
Serveur: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Chevalierkraken 2019-02-08 14:08:25
Link | Citer | R

It'not HD dat(or I am not sure), but for hume female, I really recommand delusional *** "How SE should have made"

http://forum.neko-sentai.com/showthread.php?t=8176

http://forum.neko-sentai.com/showthread.php?t=11944

They are good redesign faithful to the original, but better
 Fenrir.Brimstonefox
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Brimstone
By Fenrir.Brimstonefox 2019-02-09 16:19:28
Link | Citer | R

I have a few questions:

Is there a single download for all this stuff? I had grabbed several of them but I can't keep up individually and not sure what I'm missing.

Is this safe? https://reshade.me/ ( I assume it is) but windows is complaining about a virus and I'm having trouble getting the newest one to install. I have an older one but don't recall this issue.

Is there some recommended settings that are good for FFXI? (anyone have a .ini file?)
 Asura.Skyekitty
By Asura.Skyekitty 2019-02-09 18:25:13
Link | Citer | R

Has anyone experienced after updating HD skins/zones that FastCS no longer has an impact? It is loaded, says its going, but truly doesn't do anything and in some instances the FPS are worse. I have updated the HD from FFXIAH and Amelila, recently his NPC pack. Any advice or way to improve it would be much appreciated.

Also, Kireek, your contributions, skill, and eye for what players are looking for in HD updates is not only admired, but needed. Thank you for everything you have done! /kneel
By Draylo 2019-02-09 18:35:22
Link | Citer | R

Maybe try to make some new mods for weapons or armor. I loved all the unique weapon ideas and armors that were cool looking. Things that moshi made with all the effects in the past, nobody does that anymore.
 Asura.Skyekitty
By Asura.Skyekitty 2019-02-09 21:16:33
Link | Citer | R

Think I found my own answer. I removed the reshade folders/program and everything reverted back to working. i'm sure it makes the game look better for some, but the HD still looks amazing without added effects (to me) and it didn't disable my FPS cap and FastCS, dunno if that will help anyone else, other than me LOL

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 20 21 22 ... 46 47 48