First Page 2 3 ... 89 90 91 ... 409 410 411
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2018-12-12 12:57:36
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Skarwind said: »
Calamity has really high ftp, but terrible skill chain qualities. It can dish out some really nice damage. I use it on WAR when I end up getting an overflow of TP. Usually at 3K it out damages Mistral Axe for sure.

It's similar to Judgment in a way. High Damage, limited skillchain potential.
According to BG wiki Mistral axe has much higher ftp than Calamity

The only other thing Calamity is has on Mistral axe is the 2nd Modifier of VIT. Which should help, but not be able to overpower the ftp in most situations.

I'm guessing its an attack bonus because of some discussion w/ clearly in bst forum awhile ago. He double checked the ftp values.

Attack bonus seemed most likely. However, Warrior will have less trouble with Attack than Bst does.
By Torzak 2018-12-12 16:27:00
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
But honestly, its the B sword skill combined with lack of true "light DD" armor and its stats hurting RDM melee in serious content...we have to gear so much more heavily towards accuracy and still can't keep up with Corsairs meleeing with swords, even though their base skill level in Sword is lower than ours (B-) because they have access to Herculean and Adhemar gear. So either we need some new stuff with more native accuracy, or maybe add some extra accuracy traits into the job points Gifts along the line (I know, there are some there already).

Bluntly, RDM has NO problems with melee in the current game. I think where RDM is at now relative to other DD jobs is perfectly fine.

RDM's B skill is made up for, and then some, through Composure & the Gain line of spells. You're able to choose to either boost your STR or your DEX. And it's no longer the same buff a WHM can just pour out to everyone like it used to be, since RDM is now able to exclusively bump this buff up to a +55 stat, leaving us headroom to nudge our Gain-line performance above the WHM's Boost-line of spells.

I do not think gear available to DD RDM is lacking. The gear available to RDM for melee is sufficient.
[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2018-12-12 17:03:29
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk said: »
Fenrir.Skarwind said: »
Calamity has really high ftp, but terrible skill chain qualities. It can dish out some really nice damage. I use it on WAR when I end up getting an overflow of TP. Usually at 3K it out damages Mistral Axe for sure.

It's similar to Judgment in a way. High Damage, limited skillchain potential.
According to BG wiki Mistral axe has much higher ftp than Calamity

The only other thing Calamity is has on Mistral axe is the 2nd Modifier of VIT. Which should help, but not be able to overpower the ftp in most situations.

I'm guessing its an attack bonus because of some discussion w/ clearly in bst forum awhile ago. He double checked the ftp values.

Attack bonus seemed most likely. However, Warrior will have less trouble with Attack than Bst does.

Odd I could of swore it was higher, ah well. The more you know.
 Asura.Saevel
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2018-12-12 17:26:14
Link | Citer | R

Very good assessment of Axe/Bst weaponskill abilities. I would add 1 thing: Calamity. I'm pretty sure Calamity has an Attack bonus. I haven't had the help or motivation to test it out thoroughly. It often does better damage than Mistral Axe. Not by a ton (I usually see about 10% improvement, but sometimes alot more).
Skillchain properties aren't nearly as good, but still quite useful.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Calamity

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Mistral_Axe

Mistral is stronger in general, unless your at 3K in which case Calamity's extra 50% VIT might push it over. Also realize your working with a base DMG in the 400~600 range, adding another 110~130 (50% of VIT) of that would explain a discrepancy in damage at really high TP values.
By Boshi 2018-12-12 18:12:58
Link | Citer | R

Torzak said: »

Bluntly, not a reliable opinion on rdm melee.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2018-12-12 18:40:15
Link | Citer | R

The gear available to RDM for melee is sufficient

Haha,

No

Love,
A rdm dd
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2018-12-12 23:03:18
Link | Citer | R

I went out to play w/ Maliya Sickle for Cross reaper on bst.

Its not terrible. Its like Mistral axe but a bit weaker. using Syvlie, Ygnas and Generous Arthur on Apex Crabs/Jagils I was able to get up to 24k Cross Reapers. Using same set as my Calamity which I have gotten up to 44k in such a situation, but more normally at 30k.

Also Infernal Scythe I got up to 15 using bredo. pixie hairpin +1 and that ring from shadow lord would have beefed it up better, I was just using my primal rend set.

Acc was really bad though. I was bst/drk. so last resort giving me some attack help.

I was not using killer instinct for any of this.
[+]
By Nyarlko 2018-12-17 22:20:52
Link | Citer | R

I went out to play w/ Maliya Sickle for Cross reaper on bst.

Its not terrible. Its like Mistral axe but a bit weaker. using Syvlie, Ygnas and Generous Arthur on Apex Crabs/Jagils I was able to get up to 24k Cross Reapers. Using same set as my Calamity which I have gotten up to 44k in such a situation, but more normally at 30k.

Also Infernal Scythe I got up to 15 using bredo. pixie hairpin +1 and that ring from shadow lord would have beefed it up better, I was just using my primal rend set.

Acc was really bad though. I was bst/drk. so last resort giving me some attack help.

I was not using killer instinct for any of this.

Have you considered the new Ambu scythe? BST can use it, it's got a decent chunk of acc, favorable to magic damage WS, etc. and it's still got at least one more stage of upgrades to come which should beef up the magic damaging aspect considerably further (given that is what the weapon line is stated to be intended for.)
By Ruaumoko 2018-12-17 22:37:19
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
But honestly, its the B sword skill combined with lack of true "light DD" armor and its stats hurting RDM melee in serious content...we have to gear so much more heavily towards accuracy and still can't keep up with Corsairs meleeing with swords, even though their base skill level in Sword is lower than ours (B-) because they have access to Herculean and Adhemar gear. So either we need some new stuff with more native accuracy, or maybe add some extra accuracy traits into the job points Gifts along the line (I know, there are some there already).

Bluntly, RDM has NO problems with melee in the current game. I think where RDM is at now relative to other DD jobs is perfectly fine.

RDM's B skill is made up for, and then some, through Composure & the Gain line of spells. You're able to choose to either boost your STR or your DEX. And it's no longer the same buff a WHM can just pour out to everyone like it used to be, since RDM is now able to exclusively bump this buff up to a +55 stat, leaving us headroom to nudge our Gain-line performance above the WHM's Boost-line of spells.

I do not think gear available to DD RDM is lacking. The gear available to RDM for melee is sufficient.
Not to mention Distract III will murder a target's evasion.

I honestly never have accuracy issues on Red Mage.
 Bismarck.Danz
user: danz
By Bismarck.Danz 2018-12-17 23:25:05
Link | Citer | R

so what is this update all about!? and why is it longer then THE monthly update?
 Fenrir.Richybear
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2018-12-17 23:28:19
Link | Citer | R

Surprise expansion to the far north where they'll add Time Gigas - a wonderful MNK that can stop time for 3 hours by using Boost and waiting to swing again
[+]
By Zyla 2018-12-18 00:06:49
Link | Citer | R

Tempered hopes for wardrobes 5 & 6? I really need space for gear >.<
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2018-12-18 00:31:20
Link | Citer | R

The things id do for more space -
By Draylo 2018-12-18 02:51:48
Link | Citer | R

Game is back online

I'm realm first online
 Asura.Byrne
By Asura.Byrne 2018-12-18 03:39:51
Link | Citer | R

I know this is completely unreasonable, but could you imagine if they changed Dia's defense down to be affected by enfeebling effect+ and Saboteur? Nobody would complain about RDM anymore.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-12-18 05:55:35
Link | Citer | R

So what did they have to fix exactely?
[+]
By geigei 2018-12-18 06:43:21
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
So what did they have to fix exactely?
Probably the potency issue where 1% is just 1dmg instead of %. It would be way too broken.
 Fenrir.Atheryn
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2018-12-18 07:04:30
Link | Citer | R

On the Playonline site, the maintenance bulletin says the downtime was for:

Quote:
[Details]
Exchange of server equipment

They probably didn't fix anything ingame
 Leviathan.Isiolia
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2018-12-18 07:06:04
Link | Citer | R

Even the Playonline web page was in maintenance mode, so it was probably not just a FFXI thing.
By Pantafernando 2018-12-21 03:29:22
Link | Citer | R

New update being announced. I think normally in jan there arent many news.

One thing i noticed is that it wasnt announced the new stage of ambuscade weapons. I wonder if they will delay the next stage after january
 Bahamut.Negan
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2018-12-21 03:33:28
Link | Citer | R

MDGA!
By likard 2018-12-21 08:19:59
Link | Citer | R

The december update didn't mention the ambu weapons in the preview either so still possible to see the next/final version of them.
 Leviathan.Dekay
Serveur: Leviathan
user: dekayx
By Leviathan.Dekay 2018-12-21 08:45:43
Link | Citer | R

Drg is in a very good place aside from having content where a dead wyvren is a real possibility. Hopefully they adjust the cool down timer of Call Wyvren. Anything more would just be gravy.

Glad to see Dancer is getting some love as most of the player base ignores the job completely in todays meta, which is a shame. I've seen a couple pimped out Dancers on my server but its been awhile.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2018-12-21 09:13:05
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Dekay said: »
Drg is in a very good place aside from having content where a dead wyvren is a real possibility. Hopefully they adjust the cool down timer of Call Wyvren. Anything more would just be gravy.

Glad to see Dancer is getting some love as most of the player base ignores the job completely in todays meta, which is a shame. I've seen a couple pimped out Dancers on my server but its been awhile.

Its always a mix of anticipation and trepidation when your favorite job is under the microscope.

Dnc might not want that attention at all. SE will probably try to "FIX" something... !!!
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-12-21 09:30:55
Link | Citer | R

Reduce cooldown timer on Super Jump to 2 minutes. This will be their fix to wyvern survivability: Avoid TP moves better!
By Pantafernando 2018-12-25 02:31:43
Link | Citer | R

This New years campaigns couldnt be more old.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-12-31 11:01:01
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
But with a new year comes new initiatives to undertake, so let's take a little glimpse into the future.

At the top of the list for 2019 are job adjustments. As our work with adjustments to damage formulae and equipment starts to die down, we're going to ramp up with various job adjustments to take their place. Our major direction for job changes is simple—rather than going for mere balance adjustments, we want to bring you some changes that make you stop and think, "hey, this is fun!" As promised to you previously, we're going to be bringing something to each and every job. But just as Rome wasn't built in a day, these changes aren't going to be all included in one patch. We intend to introduce changes in the long-term, over the span of 2019, and as always will graciously accept and listen to any feedback you have to offer.

We're also starting work on bringing you some fresh new battle content. Although we still have some hurdles to clear, this is the same development team that worked tirelessly to bring you Omen and Dynamis – Divergence, and I have the utmost faith that they will be successful again—and I will be working my hardest to support them every step of the way.

Finally, we're working closely with graphic designers who are well-versed in the look and feel of Vana'diel to bring you new equipment models for all your FFXI fashion needs. Keep your eyes peeled!

This year more than ever, the development and operations teams will work in concert to bring you, the many adventurers of Vana'diel, content that we hope will keep you smiling and proud to part of this grand adventure with us.

More job fun. I really thought they were about to say they are working with graphics designers to update the graphics. More lock style gear
[+]
By volkom 2018-12-31 11:12:43
Link | Citer | R

How do 75cap purists deal with job adjustments?
By Pantafernando 2018-12-31 11:16:18
Link | Citer | R

They can adjust all they want.

Just dont pull the "nerf" button using "balance" as excuse.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-12-31 11:46:50
Link | Citer | R

Boshi said: »

Bluntly, not a reliable opinion on rdm melee.

Very .... misplaced.

RDM's accuracy is fine, RDM's melee gear is ***simple as that. They have to build their sets from a hodgepodge of left over situational gear for other classes. They can't wear any of the DD specialized gear like Flamma, Sulvia, Adhemar, Herculean, Valorous, ect. Not even the second tier melee gear like Mummu's. Instead they have Jhakri, Carmine, Merlinic, Chironic, and some multi-functional JSE pieces, even Taeon gets referenced sometimes.

Now with Temper II RDM's can largely fix the MA issue letting them focus on Store TP and accuracy with the gear they do have access to, which works fine for TP sets, but their WS sets suck ***. CDC requires tons of DEX, which RDM's don't get, Savage requires tons of STR and WSD, RDM only gets adequate amounts of the first and very little of the second. They were arguing for using Despair in their savage sets, how long has that gear been discarded by everyone else. So in a game where the melee damage is dominated by WS's, RDM's have ***WS power but solid TP power, that sounds a whole lot like ... Monk.

There is one exception to this, RDM's have great nuking gear. Lots of access to JT's and gear with MAB, MACC and INT which is perfect for Sanguine blade. Thus their powerful WS is actually magical and SE handed them a Godly sword with the Dynamis-D weapons. That sword, fully upgraded, with appropriate buffs, lets RDM's pull out ridiculous low-hate damage for both melee and WS. Now if only SE would make Enspells effected by mDiff.
First Page 2 3 ... 89 90 91 ... 409 410 411