Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-11-27 16:18:39
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
No I completely get it. That design was not applied to Omen (nothing from Omen was sellable, was locked out for 21 hours?), which just created a black market mercing environment for those who didn't want to clear the content themselves. They could just buy a "spot" with the hopes of their item dropping. With Dyna-D, that's still available as an option for direct drops and boss win, but they made it easier to complete the upgrade completely by allowing the items to be buyable, something they hadn't done in the previous 119 reforge event. Because people are going to buy items regardless of whether they are available on AH or not, because the black market "merc" method always exists. It's not like making these items sellable does any more for the sales crowd that what buying a merc wouldn't accomplish.

Um.... Bro. Did you forgot that Moon(item) were 10m when omen came out? Completely sellable. And highly sought. People STILL join Ou specifically to win and sell Corals.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-11-27 17:49:38
Link | Citer | R

omen was a nice mix of direct drop and new recipes for quality craftables- speaking in the accessories department here... screw bodies. This first installment of divergence hasn't caught my imagination nearly as much as omen release did. Even with some of the best feet from it being for some of my primary jobs.

If there's only 4 zones as I believe was discovered, I'd wager its a safe assumption that the last zone will be head and body, so I'm all of a sudden not expecting much out of the other two starter cities. And giving another zone so fast, that I'm sure will share entry timer, makes me wonder if after the release of all zones we'll get some bonus drops added to all zones the way Ou was added a few months after initial release. Hoping for more new mats for new recipes. Dunno. But I'm really hoping for some little bonus down the line so it's more than just farming tags for relic upgrade.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-11-28 01:01:26
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
No I completely get it. That design was not applied to Omen (nothing from Omen was sellable, was locked out for 21 hours?), which just created a black market mercing environment for those who didn't want to clear the content themselves. They could just buy a "spot" with the hopes of their item dropping. With Dyna-D, that's still available as an option for direct drops and boss win, but they made it easier to complete the upgrade completely by allowing the items to be buyable, something they hadn't done in the previous 119 reforge event. Because people are going to buy items regardless of whether they are available on AH or not, because the black market "merc" method always exists. It's not like making these items sellable does any more for the sales crowd that what buying a merc wouldn't accomplish.

Um.... Bro. Did you forgot that Moon(item) were 10m when omen came out? Completely sellable. And highly sought. People STILL join Ou specifically to win and sell Corals.

No I didn't forget it, but there's a big difference between a number of crafting materials (which were crafted into gear people could buy) and having 75% of the upgrade items of the event's main gear sellable as direct drops. The comparison you drew, I get it, but it's not consistent with how they've released really any content in the past, which is why I said it was "strange".
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-11-28 02:28:49
Link | Citer | R

While I believe it surely existed before as well (just like with anything in this game) I don't think omen mercing was very common before they introduced Ou and the possibility to enter with more than 6 people.
Especially during the first weeks (which is the fair comparison we should have with Divergence in its current situation at the moment of this post) Omen was still tough, only pro groups were progressing and the majority of other people were wiping on the dreaded minibosses.

I know with my group we wiped/timed out on miniboss as well a few times, and while I'm not a particularly high-end player trust me the rest of the group was.

My point is that comparing the status of Omen now that it's 1 year old and received several adjustments to Dynamis who is 3 weeks old isn't very fair, whichever way you want to take the comparison, it's not fair.
[+]
 Asura.Omgwhy
By Asura.Omgwhy 2017-11-28 10:08:21
Link | Citer | R

Really expected them them to wait on next dynamis zone. Milk those subs hard... but seeing how what a failure Dynamis-San and the feet are, guess they had to rush this one out.

Harpea Ambuscade.... welcome to another SMN onry month.
I like how people say "SMN only" but we found a way to kill vol.1 VD w/o "SMN only" on the 1st day.
[+]
By Chyula 2017-11-28 10:09:33
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Omgwhy said: »
Really expected them them to wait on next dynamis zone. Milk those subs hard... but seeing how what a failure Dynamis-San and the feet are, guess they had to rush this one out.

I like how people say "SMN only" but we found a way to kill vol.1 VD w/o "SMN only" on the 1st day.

Mewing is still smn, where is your method?
By clearlyamule 2017-11-28 10:12:29
Link | Citer | R

Chyula said: »

Mewing is still smn, where is your method?
I triboxed VD within the first 30 minutes the update was up using no smns. Talked about the method in multiple threads
[+]
 Asura.Omgwhy
By Asura.Omgwhy 2017-11-28 10:15:47
Link | Citer | R

Day 1 we were doing: PLD RDM/SMN GEO/SMN THF/SAM THF/SAM COR/SAM.

Fight took all of 5 mins from enter to exit.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-11-28 10:35:49
Link | Citer | R

Day 1 we were doing: PLD RDM/SMN GEO/SMN THF/SAM THF/SAM COR/SAM.

Fight took all of 5 mins from enter to exit.
you keep mentioning this as if it's something special, but it was done the first time frog came around and brought back up long before the update even went live.. if by found you mean read forum posts outlining it like a year ago..?

using /smn for mewing != without smn

the other strat is using a few good pups with overdrive to blast it down
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-11-28 11:40:03
Link | Citer | R

Whenever people say "we did it without SMNs", they really mean "we didn't cheese it down in 4 seconds". I'm guessing the /SMN mew method is not the same in people's minds as "Using SMN".

PUP can do it with a couple CORs, even a DRG or THF for added sacrificial lamb WSs/Super Jump & Angon.

2 PUP
2 COR
DRG
THF

Strat doesn't include a SMN at all. May not even need to use OD from the PUPs if the DRG/THF are comfortable with dying a few times to deal some damage.
By clearlyamule 2017-11-28 11:50:30
Link | Citer | R

That's overkill. 2 pup + cor with OD can kill in 4-5 minutes from entering. Only bothered doing VD without OD once but iirc was around 13-15 minutes. ie way too long lol. Even had to use repair once. It was horrible
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-11-28 12:01:44
Link | Citer | R

Well 2 pup + cor is only 3 people. Dat Gallantry bonus with 6 people; Angon helps a bit, Dia2 Light shot, and a THF to sataws the DRG and super jump if you're lucky to avoid a hammer (probably not). Either way, try to go with max people because of the points tied to it. The other 3 are literally leechers, but if they can help speed it up, why not.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-11-28 12:03:36
Link | Citer | R

Whenever people say "we did it without SMNs", they really mean "we didn't cheese it down in 4 seconds". I'm guessing the /SMN mew method is not the same in people's minds as "Using SMN".

This is what people mean by "using SMN", it's synonymous with abusing pet mechanics for a cheese win. You have AC SMN burn on one hand, or the "we throw SMN and PUP pets at it and watched cat videos for a few minutes" method.
By clearlyamule 2017-11-28 12:15:56
Link | Citer | R

Oh yeah more points is just saying what you need to win is way less. And definitely can get it done with in a reasonable time without OD with more people.

Running in isn't that hard once you get used to it. Wait till it uses hammer if it starts casting before you get there go back. Somewhat weak to light/dark so could get some nukes/sc/mb in there too
By Blazed1979 2017-11-28 13:35:23
Link | Citer | R

Did they unfix mnk yet?
[+]
 Leviathan.Kaparu
user: Tsuko
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2017-11-28 14:56:46
Link | Citer | R

Five SV songs and a COR? In my Apex party? It's more likely than you think
By Chyula 2017-11-28 15:19:48
Link | Citer | R

Blazed1979 said: »
Did they unfix mnk yet?

what is this He-man job you talking about?, is this from the test server?
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-11-30 07:51:54
Link | Citer | R

Blazed1979 said: »
Did they unfix mnk yet?

Weaksauce, that's all they could do even with mules buffing them? Three step a level 129 Apex Crab while buffed. *golf clap*

To give perspective, a mediocre geared Chango WAR was able to three step overkill level 135 Apex Bats in outer raz while I CPed BST. Immediately Prior to this he was three stepping them as a SAM but ended up capping CP so changed to his freshly geared non-CP'd WAR to continue. Just two weeks ago I was down in Outer Raz three stepping the same bats on DNC. Hell earlier in that day I was on BST/NIN three stepping those bats.
By zaxtiss 2017-11-30 09:24:13
Link | Citer | R

wow i just noticed he has master monk and he's still getting guard skill ups...
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-11-30 14:55:56
Link | Citer | R

zaxtiss said: »

What does that have to do with anything? That's how people that multi do everything. I have 6 master blms that got master with zero magical skills. I have 6 master wars with zero combat skills. Master blus with zero spells. Master GEOs with zero spells and skills.

all 6 of my monks were mastered without capped h2h and guard as well.
 Bismarck.Gippali
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Gippali
By Bismarck.Gippali 2017-11-30 15:13:04
Link | Citer | R

zaxtiss said: »

What does that have to do with anything? That's how people that multi do everything. I have 6 master blms that got master with zero magical skills. I have 6 master wars with zero combat skills. Master blus with zero spells. Master GEOs with zero spells and skills.

all 6 of my monks were mastered without capped h2h and guard as well.

Didn’t know that was the cool new thing to brag about.
[+]
By clearlyamule 2017-11-30 15:38:42
Link | Citer | R

tbf guard is terrible in general and terrible to skill. 5/7 wouldn't guard again
By zaxtiss 2017-11-30 15:57:46
Link | Citer | R

there is a thing called skill tomes you know!
its like getting AG'd almace with no sword skill. why would anyone do that?!
[+]
By clearlyamule 2017-11-30 16:31:08
Link | Citer | R

That's like 500k gils worth of sparks!!!

Not sure the sword is apt comparison since ya kind of need it to DD and guard is a mediocre defensive trait on a dd that's been out of favor and not really tanking since abyssea. A batter comparison to guard would be a master rdm without dark skill...
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-12-04 04:42:32
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
December Nexus Cape ・Expand the available teleport areas -

Wonder if they'll actually fix it. lol.

Quote:
December -
Nothing else of interest
By zaxtiss 2017-12-04 05:10:46
Link | Citer | R

clearlyamule said: »
That's like 500k gils worth of sparks!!!

Not sure the sword is apt comparison since ya kind of need it to DD and guard is a mediocre defensive trait on a dd that's been out of favor and not really tanking since abyssea. A batter comparison to guard would be a master rdm without dark skill...
but its 500k you wouldnt have to spend again! :)
 Odin.Psycooo
Serveur: Odin
user: Psycooo
By Odin.Psycooo 2017-12-04 06:15:24
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Saevel said: »
To give perspective, a mediocre geared Chango WAR was able to three step overkill level 135 Apex Bats in outer raz while I CPed BST. Immediately Prior to this he was three stepping them as a SAM but ended up capping CP so changed to his freshly geared non-CP'd WAR to continue. Just two weeks ago I was down in Outer Raz three stepping the same bats on DNC. Hell earlier in that day I was on BST/NIN three stepping those bats.
Oh look, you already started the nobody gives a ***clap
Asura.Saevel said: »
*golf clap*

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Geriond
Serveur: Odin
user: Gerion
By Odin.Geriond 2017-12-04 10:18:46
Link | Citer | R

I hope they reconsider their stance of Cornelia being temporary; she is absolutely incredible, and I don't want her to go when the 6 months are up.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 424 425 426